• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel v DeQueen

Started by SECFOOTBALLFAN, September 29, 2014, 11:51:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SECFOOTBALLFAN

September 29, 2014, 11:51:42 am Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:14:42 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN

Hoghead

Heck everybody has high hopes in July !!!!

Lionheart88

Good luck to the Wildcats Friday.  As much as I pick at them, it's all in good fun.  I don't want to see them embarrassed this year.  The rivalry's better when there's some degree of parity.  Week 7 won't be any fun if they come into it 0-6.

Big Fan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 29, 2014, 09:12:38 pm
Good luck to the Wildcats Friday.  As much as I pick at them, it's all in good fun.  I don't want to see them embarrassed this year.  The rivalry's better when there's some degree of parity.  Week 7 won't be any fun if they come into it 0-6.
Don't expect any fun in week 7. 

Hoghead

WC still has weapons. The system their running isnt working so well though. But they should beat DeQueen !

GuvHog

September 30, 2014, 09:57:03 am #5 Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:18:47 am by GuvHog
It's the Wildcats first game at home since they lost to Batesville so being there will hopefully help.

Big Fan

NoRetreat

Just don't know about Chapel this year..Hopefully they can win at least 1 game.....I think the kids haven't bought in to the coach just yet

Chughes11

Chapel SHOULD win this game. Wouldn't surprise me if sequence won tho lol

Hoggy

Quote from: Chughes11 on October 01, 2014, 09:22:56 am
Chapel SHOULD win this game. Wouldn't surprise me if sequence won tho lol
yea sequence is pretty good

Chughes11

Just joking. Even though Chapels record doesn't show, they are very athletic. I expect them to win

zebradynasty

Quote from: Hoghead on September 30, 2014, 12:00:39 am
WC still has weapons. The system their running isnt working so well though. But they should beat DeQueen !

Wait...you can determine what system they are running ???

GuvHog

It isn't the system. Their QB is an option QB who doesn't pass very well so teams have been going one on one with their receivers and putting everyone else in the box. Hopefully they begin to have some success with the pass.

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on October 01, 2014, 11:22:28 am
It isn't the system. Their QB is an option QB who doesn't pass very well so teams have been going one on one with their receivers and putting everyone else in the box. Hopefully they begin to have some success with the pass.
Is this not the same QB and offense that the coach won with in jr high when Chapel was loaded?

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on October 01, 2014, 11:24:48 am
Is this not the same QB and offense that the coach won with in jr high when Chapel was loaded?

The system?? Yes. The QB?? No, he transferred in from PB this summer. The QB they were expecting to play transferred to Dollarway just before the 2013 season because he didn't want to play for coach Shelton.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on October 01, 2014, 11:33:36 am

The system?? Yes. The QB?? No, he transferred in from PB this summer. The QB they were expecting to play transferred to Dollarway just before the 2013 season because he didn't want to play for coach Shelton.

He may not have wanted to play for Shelton but didn't he know that Shelton was retiring prior to transferring? If it's the kid I think it is I think it might have more to do with his dad being a Dollarway Alum/Star.

At any rate it was hard to figure out what they wanted to do offensively when we played they ran every formation out there (none very well). Surely by now they have figured out what the best of what doesn't work and just stick to it.

Lionheart88

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 01, 2014, 02:20:59 pm

He may not have wanted to play for Shelton but didn't he know that Shelton was retiring prior to transferring? If it's the kid I think it is I think it might have more to do with his dad being a Dollarway Alum/Star.

At any rate it was hard to figure out what they wanted to do offensively when we played they ran every formation out there (none very well). Surely by now they have figured out what the best of what doesn't work and just stick to it.
lol

GuvHog

No one knew Shelton was retiring until he informed the AD and school board earlier this year. The QB left because he didn't want to play for Shelton.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on October 02, 2014, 03:06:23 pm

No one knew Shelton was retiring until he informed the AD and school board earlier this year. The QB left because he didn't want to play for Shelton.

What I am saying Shelton retired when his contract ran out that year maybe like June. Doesn't matter if he transferred to $way that spring or that summer he knew going into the school year that fall that Shelton was gone and could have transferred back.

Hoghead

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 01, 2014, 10:59:00 am
Quote from: Hoghead on September 30, 2014, 12:00:39 am

Wait...you can determine what system they are running ???

Yep, its functional disfunction.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 02, 2014, 06:45:26 pm

What I am saying Shelton retired when his contract ran out that year maybe like June. Doesn't matter if he transferred to $way that spring or that summer he knew going into the school year that fall that Shelton was gone and could have transferred back.

If he had transferred back to WC this summer he would have been ineligible because by rule, those that transfer after their Sophomore year have to sit out for a season.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on October 03, 2014, 09:54:30 am

If he had transferred back to WC this summer he would have been ineligible because by rule, those that transfer after their Sophomore year have to sit out for a season.

That's not true your starting QB transferred from PB and he didn't sit out. I think long as he transferred prior to Aug 1 he would have been eligible. I believe in the situation when the Bona Fide Move rule is not met you are correct. I see no reason his transfer would have been denied considering he would have been transferring from a school on academic distress. If it is the kid I think it is L he don't live in either Dway or chapels district!

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 03, 2014, 11:33:11 am

That's not true your starting QB transferred from PB and he didn't sit out. I think long as he transferred prior to Aug 1 he would have been eligible. I believe in the situation when the Bona Fide Move rule is not met you are correct. I see no reason his transfer would have been denied considering he would have been transferring from a school on academic distress. If it is the kid I think it is L he don't live in either Dway or chapels district!

The rule is if a player transfers from 1 district to another in the same county after their Sophomore year, they have to sit out for a year. He would not have been eligible at WC this season.

GuvHog

Final WC 37 DeQueen 7   

I really am surprised WC was able to score that much. Good to see them get a much needed win.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on October 04, 2014, 08:58:16 am

The rule is if a player transfers from 1 district to another in the same county after their Sophomore year, they have to sit out for a year. He would not have been eligible at WC this season.

So why is your starting QB eligible this season after playing his Junior year at PBH?

Big Fan

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 04, 2014, 09:17:48 am

So why is your starting QB eligible this season after playing his Junior year at PBH?
Please don't ask Guv too many questions. 

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 04, 2014, 09:17:48 am

If he and his family live in the WC school district, that could be why. That is a very good question though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas