• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton at Vilonia

Started by InYoGrill, September 28, 2014, 08:37:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

September 28, 2014, 08:37:56 am Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:44:58 pm by InYoGrill
I hope this a good game for the Eagles. We have to play 4 strong quarters  and force some turnovers. Every game through conference will be tough but we have to win this at home.

V 30 M 28

AT

September 28, 2014, 11:55:07 am #1 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 03:57:16 pm by Almatrackster
After a non impressive non conference slate for both these teams, they both come into this game 1-0.

Vilonia getting this at home is big, but Morrilton has to give people more confidence than Vilonia with their big win over Greenbrier last week.

I see it as being close...Morrilton getting the big win over Greenbrier makes this game a little less important than it is for Vilonia. If Vilonia can win and start 2-0, then the playoffs don't seem so impossible anymore. If they lose, they still have a lot of tough teams with Clarksville already behind them.

Hogskin

I think both teams played pretty tuff non conf who did Alma play? If the QB for Motown is out it changes the conference outlook for the Dawgs.

AT

Quote from: Hogskin on September 28, 2014, 02:03:12 pm
I think both teams played pretty tuff non conf who did Alma play? If the QB for Motown is out it changes the conference outlook for the Dawgs.

I'm not sure what Alma's non conference had to do with what I said.

DevilPupMom

Always subject to change after additional scans but sounds like our QB will be back!  :)

InYoGrill

Quote from: DevilPupMom on September 28, 2014, 03:51:24 pm

Always subject to change after additional scans but sounds like our QB will be back!  :)

Glad to hear that! After the V game??

MoTownDog

Yes.  Our quarterback will be back but not for this game.  This hurts our game plan a bunch.

Jayepea

The Eagles are good football players, & in order to win this game they must play good football.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Jayepea on September 28, 2014, 06:44:24 pm
The Eagles are good football players, & in order to win this game they must play good football.

JP, you on the team? What position/#? Sr?  Yes, I saw a lot guys at the BB game that like playing football out there. It's going to take the best effort so far this season to beat M even without their starting QB.

Jayepea

InYoGrill

Quote from: Jayepea on September 28, 2014, 07:21:17 pm
No, but my son is.  :)

My son introduced me to FF his Jr year. I was hooked after that. LOL!

PercussionMan

October 01, 2014, 09:17:21 am #11 Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:21:00 am by PercussionMan
Quote from: DevilPupMom on September 28, 2014, 03:51:24 pm

I hope you're right...that's the first I've heard about him all week as far as whether or not he'll play.  He's no Hawkins, but he is definitely a good athlete and is a difference maker running the offense...I think he is progressing well since the first game of the season.  I just hope he continues to improve...he has the right coaches working with him to get him there.

PWDad

Does anybody know if the Morrilton starting QB is going to get to play this week against Vilonia?

PercussionMan

Quote from: PWDad on October 01, 2014, 11:05:05 am
Does anybody know if the Morrilton starting QB is going to get to play this week against Vilonia?

From what I'm reading in this post, I'd say he is NOT playing this week.

MoTownDog

No, he will not play.  He has a sprained MCL.  #4 Sophomore Canady will be taking the snaps. 

PWDad

Well, I hope he recovers and can finish up the season. From what I have heard, he is having a really good year so far

vtowneagles

Is that in relation LaQuanta Canady? He was a pretty good athlete. I graduated same year as I did

MoTownDog

Quote from: vtowneagles on October 01, 2014, 05:34:15 pm
Is that in relation LaQuanta Canady? He was a pretty good athlete. I graduated same year as I did

I'm sure he is.  He is going to be a great quarterback.  Just needs some confidence and game time.  He has a really smooth release and will remind you of a Neal Burcham when you watch him.   He just doesn't have 4.4 speed like #2 does. 

Vteagle

C'mon Eagles!!!  I am true blue Eagle fan but until they show me they have the discipline to play FOOTBALL it is hard for me to think we can win!  In order to win, running the double wing, discipline is a must....this team does not have it.  They have to learn to hold onto the ball, stop getting personal foul penalties and the list goes on!  I predict a Motown win....the determining factor is how well the young Devil Dog QB settles in!! Eagles, make a liar!!! C'mon Eagles!!

WingLover4Life

I think both teams have to step it up, I think VTown will have mo penalties this game than last cause Morrilton knows how to get under their feathers. But I see an Eagle win, 21-14!

MoTownDog

Quote from: WingLover4Life on October 02, 2014, 02:54:13 pm
I think both teams have to step it up, I think VTown will have mo penalties this game than last cause Morrilton knows how to get under their feathers. But I see an Eagle win, 21-14!

The ref's are always terrible at Vilonia.  If we can defend the Broken Wing offense of the Eagles we should be fine.  But we have problems with it sometimes.

sevenof400

Quote from: MoTownDog on October 03, 2014, 01:53:12 pm
The ref's are always terrible at Vilonia.  If we can defend the Broken Wing offense of the Eagles we should be fine.  But we have problems with it sometimes.

Morrilton (more than) makes up for this in basketball season. 

Just sayin'...

MoTownDog

Good job to the eagles.  We need our qurterback

InYoGrill

Go Postal

Will Motown have their QB for the next home game?

InYoGrill

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 03, 2014, 11:26:34 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on October 03, 2014, 11:19:23 pm
Will Motown have their QB for the next home game?

Scerd?  :'(
No, if the Goblins play as I know they can as the last game, then it can be a close game.

sevenof400

Well, this result certainly throws an interesting kink in the conference race season.  Has Vilonia improved from last year?  Has Morrilton come back to the pack?  Some of both perhaps? 

Hard to believe that one injury could change the fate of a team that much (even a QB) in high school football....

Youngsta71701

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 04, 2014, 06:14:35 am
Well, this result certainly throws an interesting kink in the conference race season.  Has Vilonia improved from last year?  Has Morrilton come back to the pack?  Some of both perhaps? 

Hard to believe that one injury could change the fate of a team that much (even a QB) in high school football....

You'd be surprised...Example: Camden Fairview!

PercussionMan

Quote from: MoTownDog on October 03, 2014, 01:53:12 pm

Nail struck perfectly on the head!  What was the real final score?  Devil Dogs 14...Eagles 14...Zebras 14??  HAHA!

PercussionMan

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 04, 2014, 06:14:35 am

Trust me...when you're one dimensional with two key players that both run the ball really well and one gets hurt, it can change a lot!  Morrilton has more talent than their QB and RB, yet, their coaches seem to be relying only on those two when it comes to the bulk of the work and scoring.  Our RB is averaging 25-26 carries per game and 6+ yards per carry...he's a tough kid, but that's too much...if he has to go all the way through conference that way, they risk getting him hurt like they nearly did at Vilonia.  Our backup RB is pretty good and should get more carries to rest Minor.  I'm not sure what the coaches are thinking, but they need to change up a few things.

Vteagle

Really, were gonna complain about the Refs? Not sure if you attended the game with comment like that!  Vilonia was flagged twice as many times as Motown!  Take your lumps and move on.....Motown was 1 dimensional.  Vilonia used a few timely plays and out smarted you!  Yet again the Eagles proved me wrong and I am happy about that!!

Hogskin

Refs took 14 points off the board for V. The accurate score should have been 42-14 .The only scores from Morrillton came from specl teams. The opening kickoff and a bad snap on punt was how they scored. Vilonia out coached, out played and was way more physical then the pups. 450 yds offense for the dbl wing and held Motown to only 180 Ouch!!! Thats a butt woopn

sevenof400

The observation that keeps jumping out is how can Vilonia have struggled in their OOC schedule so much only to find themselves 2-0 in the conference after two weeks....

This isn't making much of a statement on the strength of the west but then again, the only definitive statement will be made when the playoffs begin. 

MoTownDog

I called the bad refing before the game.  And it went against both teams this time.  I've been to 5 vilonia games and we have had 1 or more touchdowns called back every game.   And what's weird, I watch a lot of games and you will never see the refs they use at any other games. 

vtowneagles

It has been said a MILLION times... Vilonia DOES NOT choose the refs for games nor does any other team in the 5a for when they play conference opponents the AAA chooses them!!!

Hogskin

I beleive the West is strongest conf. Vilonia had over 10 turnovers the first 2 games is the only.reason they are not undefeated. SH will probably only have one loss in the regular season and Harding is no push over. With no off season it takes Vilonia teams a lil bit to gel. The only team in the West that will be an automatic W is Clarksville the rest are very good teams.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Hogskin on October 04, 2014, 03:16:35 pm
I beleive the West is strongest conf. Vilonia had over 10 turnovers the first 2 games is the only.reason they are not undefeated. SH will probably only have one loss in the regular season and Harding is no push over. With no off season it takes Vilonia teams a lil bit to gel. The only team in the West that will be an automatic W is Clarksville the rest are very good teams.

HS, can you clairfy by what you mean by no off season? Just curious on your thoughts about this.  I know we don't do very much with 7on7. But we usually do a couple team camps each year.

sevenof400

Quote from: Hogskin on October 04, 2014, 03:16:35 pm

If you mean the West is the most competitive conference, that might be the case, but I can't see a basis for claiming the west is the strongest conference (with the best teams) given that Vilonia sits atop the conference at 2-0 after losing to a 3A school and getting shelled by Sylvan Hills.  A conference leader's resume shouldn't have those blemishes. 

I think it is fair to say the jury is still out on Maumelle as well since OOC wins over Jacksonville and North Pulaski were to be expected.  The tie with Fountain Lake certainly raises eyebrows as well. 

Given the results to date in the West, there is every reason to expect an interesting race in terms of playoff positioning but the strength of the conference relative to the other 5A conferences seems lacking for now.  Admittedly, the definitive statement will be made in the playoffs.

MoTownDog

Quote from: vtowneagles on October 04, 2014, 03:05:34 pm
It has been said a MILLION times... Vilonia DOES NOT choose the refs for games nor does any other team in the 5a for when they play conference opponents the AAA chooses them!!!

And who makes up the AAA?  I know Greenbrier has a school official on the board.  Helps with recruiting.

vtowneagles

Please stop motowndog... Do yourself a favor and stop..

Vteagle

Still complaining about the Ref's?  Wow, Motown is really that bad if you are going to beg to get help from the refs? What excuse u gonna use next week?  What til this next Thursday night and when the Vtown freshman class rolls into Motown.....Motown will need some ref help also!!!

Fballfan05

Quote from: Vteagle on October 05, 2014, 03:53:19 pm
Still complaining about the Ref's?  Wow, Motown is really that bad if you are going to beg to get help from the refs? What excuse u gonna use next week?  What til this next Thursday night and when the Vtown freshman class rolls into Motown.....Motown will need some ref help also!!!
When's the last time vilonias made the playoffs and got past the first round?

InYoGrill

Quote from: Fballfan05 on October 05, 2014, 07:23:52 pm

That's simple. A LONG TIME!!!

Fballfan05

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 05, 2014, 07:27:18 pm
Quote from: Fballfan05 on October 05, 2014, 07:23:52 pm

That's simple. A LONG TIME!!!
My point exactly. You played a decent game and had to pull out everything in the play book to beat morrilton. When you really look at it it wasn't that impressive of a win. Motown is down to there 3rd string QB, vilonia scored off a fake punt, got a fake field goal, and an onside kick. Also morriltons trick play that scored a TD got called back.

Vteagle

Vtown had twice the amount of offense Motown did!  Take away the opening kickoff and a bad snap in a punt.....Motown doesn't score at all!  If you want to speak about playoffs, speak about this year, what happened in the past won't help you now, good luck the rest of the year!!!

Fballfan05

Ha you seriously think vilonia will make a run in the playoffs? You beat the worst team in 5a by 18 points the first week and beat a team that played there 3rd string qb. You also had to have a fake punt, fake field goal, and onside kick to win by only 14 points. Not that impressive if you ask me.

Vteagle

Didn't say we would win a first round playoff game or even make the playoffs!  Stop whining about the officiating!  Educate yourself on how officiating is scheduled! Vilonia had several big plays negated by the officials but they strapped up their helmets and played on and found a way to win! Stop whining about the refs and play ball, you sound desperate, good luck the rest of the season!  Vtown has a long ways to go!!!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 04, 2014, 06:59:18 pm
I think it is fair to say the jury is still out on Maumelle as well since OOC wins over Jacksonville and North Pulaski were to be expected.  The tie with Fountain Lake certainly raises eyebrows as well. 

Fountain Lake is a good football team.  They beat LRC by 10 in non-conference play and Nashville by 3 last weekend.

PercussionMan

October 06, 2014, 06:00:25 pm #49 Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:07:42 pm by PercussionMan
Quote from: MoTownDog on October 04, 2014, 12:26:18 pm
I called the bad refing before the game.  And it went against both teams this time.  I've been to 5 vilonia games and we have had 1 or more touchdowns called back every game.   And what's weird, I watch a lot of games and you will never see the refs they use at any other games. 

I watched the film this morning on the Morrilton "trick play" that was called back for two forward passes.  It was the correct call.  The first pass from the QB to the receiver was about 1/2 yard to 1 yard IN FRONT OF the line where the QB threw from.  The official that called it had very good eyes for that play.  Now, that being said, I would say that many officiating crews would have very likely missed that call.  From the stands, it looked legit, but on the replay, it wasn't.   

I do agree that there were some bad calls in that game though.  Good example...watch the Vilonia "fake punt" that scored the TD...hard to find the ball in that one after watching it multiple times.  That's because it was an ILLEGAL play.  Won't say how I know this information, but it should have been called back.

Now, moving forward from the Vilonia loss, Morrilton has to regroup quickly for Harrison at homecoming Friday night.  This could be a good game if Morrilton is healthy and can come up with something other than being just a 1 dimensional team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas