• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia at Clarksville

Started by InYoGrill, September 21, 2014, 08:50:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Thoughts? Eagles should be at .500 after this game. Got a lot of good balanced teams it seems this year in the west. Farmington, LR Christian, and Maumelle are newcomers to the west and they all seem to be playing good ball so far.

V 48 Cville 10

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 21, 2014, 08:50:29 pm
Thoughts? Eagles should be at .500 after this game. Got a lot of good balanced teams it seems this year in the west. Farmington, LR Christian, and Maumelle are newcomers to the west and they all seem to be playing good ball so far.

V 48 Cville 10

I hate to say it, but Clarksville is a bad football team.  Granted, I don't think Coach Cranor has a lot to work with this year, definitely not enough to compete in the 5A West.  Vilonia should win with relative ease.

DogsWin7

The Veagles all the way for IYG and Sevenof400!   :)

Clarksville needs a little more time....a lot of rebuilding going on I imagine.

AT

Vilonia needs to win this one by a large amount for some much needed confidence. Clarksville's non conference slate was unimpressive to say the least.

Vilonia 32
Clarksville 7

The Future

InYoGrill

Awe, thanks DHFBF. What can I call you for a nickname instead of your full FF name? That's to long for me to type. LOL! Give me one or I'll have to make one up.  :o

BTW- I have just as many FF poster buds along the 540 line.

BB never slowed down our running attack or when we threw it was for good yardage. Turnovers caused the score to be less. We have some really good skill players that just need more touches and less fumbles. Lack of size and team speed on corners will hurt us when we play the bigger boys in conference. But its always been that way for the most part at V. O needs to score  a lot!!

DogsWin7

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 22, 2014, 11:44:33 am

Awe, thanks DHFBF. What can I call you for a nickname instead of your full FF name? That's to long for me to type. LOL! Give me one or I'll have to make one up.  :o

BTW- I have just as many FF poster buds along the 540 line.
You can make up one if you wish....I trust you:)

PWDad

I think Vilonia wins this one. They learned a lot about themselves with the win over Beebe. Beebe's lineman were gigantic compared to the V lineman. But they got it done. I think they are learning that they are a running team, period.
Defense looked better this week. Yes, they still had too many penalties but more like 6 compared to the 23 from last week!

Mattison

This is one of those games I hate.   Your expected to win by a bunch, so if you only win by a point or 2, then everyone is down on you for either not performing or not caring, or heaven forbid you lose, because you take the other team too lightly or they end up much better than you expected.  I want to see a clean game by V, fewer penalties, less mouthing, good play calling, maybe an extra point or FG or two made and NO injuries. Score early and often, and let the bench play, they have worked hard too.  Vilonia is going to need more experience and depth from the bench for upcoming games.

InYoGrill

Any Clarksville posters out there? LOL. Do the Panthers have any game changers on O? The only thing that I would think would hurt V against them is someone with break away speed and if they use them in the O.

I believe V will have their way on O with the ground and pound running game. This would also be a good game to fine tune some passing plays if we can get a comfortable lead early. Should be agreat game to get younger players some varsity action as the previous poster mentioned.

Jayepea

If nobody else is going to say anything I will. I've watched some video on Clarksville, they seem to favor the read option. 8 and 24 are good RBs & and will get a lot of touches for a nice average. They will pass, but are not very good at it (Vilonia ain't ether). As aways this game will come down to turnovers, peniteys & exacution of game plan.
8)

vtowneagles

That vilonia education Jp I feel ya!

Jayepea

Know what I mean. Wish MA 25 was still playin on D take it to the house!!!

Get u some! Bam! Bam bam!

How u like that!

Jayepea

These men can do it, they just don't know it yet!

vtowneagles

Well... Vilonia wins 36-18, wasn't at the game so don't know how they played! Good win for the eagles though! One game at a time!!

Vteagle

I couldn't make this game.....anybody willing to give an overview of how the Eagles won this game?

InYoGrill

Quote from: Vteagle on September 27, 2014, 07:10:04 am
I couldn't make this game.....anybody willing to give an overview of how the Eagles won this game?

I saw updates on FF and noticed at half Cville was winning 18-14. I bet the pride factor and some leaders in the locker room got going before coming out to the field. It would have been a disaster for the season if we had lost that game. Glad we came out and flexed some muscle.

M game at home will be very telling next week for our playoff hopes. If we win our home games, we will be okay.

Jayepea

I was there, Vilonia was a fumble monster at least 9 balls on the ground lost 5 of em can't win like that. 2nd half played lights out, got to play 4 qrt. Lucky to come out with a win. Defence played great!

Jayepea

I must say Clarksville put on a heck of a show. Millarty apperction night with skidivers bringing in the game ball & providing jerseys it don't get any better than that!! I love it when the Eagles get to play there, the truckers blowing there horns & the nature grass I love it! So unrecognized what a great field. Anybody in the world can get a glimpse of Arkansas 5A football

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas