• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forrest city @ GCT

Started by farve4life, September 21, 2014, 07:53:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

farve4life

Forrest city is making the trip to Paragould to face the GCT Eagles. With both teams coming off their first win, who will keep the momentum going and make a run for a playoff spot? Thoughts and predictions.

AT

I have NO CLUE how good Kennett is, but unless GCT has improved a ton from their first two games, I see FC finally win a game that isn't close.

Interesting fact:

The margin of victory in Forrest City's first three games (2 losses and a win) adds up to a total of 4 points. The Cardiac Mustangs.

playmaker04

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 21, 2014, 08:13:09 pm
I have NO CLUE how good Kennett is, but unless GCT has improved a ton from their first two games, I see FC finally win a game that isn't close.

Interesting fact:

The margin of victory in Forrest City's first three games (2 losses and a win) adds up to a total of 4 points. The Cardiac Mustangs.
no cardiac arrest here. Fc 54 GCT 20

farve4life

I'm a FC fan and I can tell you that watching these games are fun but not when you come on the wrong end twice. Hopefully this is the game we can get a quick start, keep it going, and not wait till the last minute to see who wins.

walkingguy72396

I'm not real sure.  I think Forrest City should win by a bunch.  I'm just thinking that for some reason Forrest City struggles against the Eagles when the game is held at the nest.  I could be way off and Forrest City always does well there.

Intelligentsia

warpath55

FC should score 100....seriously....GCT is terrible.

Chief-Chickasaw

Blytheville sent the JV to GCT last week and was up like 42-6 at the half.  We let kids that never get on the field play and GCT couldn't stop that.  I know this was only JV but the Varsity does not look a whole lot better.  FC should roll.
   With that said I'm rooting for GCT the quicker that FC is out of the playoff hunt the quicker their boys will start playing basketball which makes for an easier game for the Chicks late in the year.  FC always plays us tough.

Hoghead

September 22, 2014, 03:09:02 pm #8 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:56:15 pm by Hoghead
FC 569
GCT 0

Jayhawks07

wynnefootballfan

A D M

I don't see GCT having a chance in this game or at making the playoffs

DogsWin7

Quote from: warpath55 on September 22, 2014, 08:51:44 am
FC should score 100....seriously....GCT is terrible.

Do tell.....;)

Where's Downnotout??   He usually posts on Green County Tech.  :)

Hoghead

Didn't GCT go and hire some guy from Kansas that was a Football Czar ? Harv Welch hasn't snuck back in the state via Kansas has he ?  The Pretty Boy Offense is gone at GCT.

DogsWin7

I don't know.....Harv is a mystery...LOL!

Does GCT have a band??  :)   I know in Basketball....well, never mind.

GuvHog

Quote from: Jayhawks07 on September 22, 2014, 04:54:36 pm
FC 27
GCT 28

I sure hope that happens. The ole Alma mater could sure use an in state win to bolster their confidence.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead on September 22, 2014, 11:29:49 pm
Didn't GCT go and hire some guy from Kansas that was a Football Czar ? The Pretty Boy Offense is gone at GCT.

Yes, they hired a head coach from Kansas who has led teams to several state titles there.

Grond

If I were betting with real money, would have to go with Forrest City.

But let me get out my Monopoly 100's.......

Playing at GCT, so Eagles will get ref help.  (Not knocking GCT; just a fact of the 5A East, on ANY home field.)  Last year, GCT was actually playing FC a close game at half.

GCT also likely "saving stuff" for conference.  Long trip for FC.  Can the new coach at GCT make better halftime adjustments?  I think the chances for a competitive game are better than you may realize.

Hoghead

Quote from: Grond on September 23, 2014, 09:36:09 am
If I were betting with real money, would have to go with Forrest City.

But let me get out my Monopoly 100's.......

Playing at GCT, so Eagles will get ref help.  (Not knocking GCT; just a fact of the 5A East, on ANY home field.)  Last year, GCT was actually playing FC a close game at half.

GCT also likely "saving stuff" for conference.  Long trip for FC.  Can the new coach at GCT make better halftime adjustments?  I think the chances for a competitive game are better than you may realize.

FC in a blowout ! This game will be sponsored by Exlax !

farve4life

If the mustangs don't play like they are capable of playing, then they will be in for another close game.

GuvHog

GCT blew out their opponent from Kennett, Missouri last week so either that team from Kennett was disgracefully bad or GCT has drastically improved from their second game. We shall see.

farve4life

Game day!!! Any final thoughts or predictions?  I think the Mustangs need to start fast and play a full physical game.  Help them set the tone for conference play.

Youngsta71701

Forrest City will be able to name their own score in this game. Forrest City by a lot!

hogwild_82

Yes Sir!! Game Day!! Good Luck Mustangs!

Now they all count!

Forrest City makes the trip up to Paragould, Arkansas to battle the Golden Eagles of Green County Tech. The Stangs will come back after making it through non-conference healthy with a vengeance. They are disappointed with the losses to WM and Dollarway. Two games decided on two plays. Tough sledding with Helena but they escaped. These Mustangs have all the potential in the world to be GREAT, yes GREAT, if they can just play a complete game. The get it done tonight!! BIG!!!

Mustangs 48
Eagles     14

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: hogwild_82 on September 26, 2014, 09:51:52 am
Yes Sir!! Game Day!! Good Luck Mustangs!

Now they all count!

Forrest City makes the trip up to Paragould, Arkansas to battle the Golden Eagles of Green County Tech. The Stangs will come back after making it through non-conference healthy with a vengeance. They are disappointed with the losses to WM and Dollarway. Two games decided on two plays. Tough sledding with Helena but they escaped. These Mustangs have all the potential in the world to be GREAT, yes GREAT, if they can just play a complete game. The get it done tonight!! BIG!!!

Mustangs 48
Eagles     14

I agree with the post and score. Last years Mustangs gave a good Wynne team all they wanted and almost beat'em. Though I dont think anyone in the East  can or should beat the Jackets this year, the Mustang's are good enough to make some noise and maybe even surprise some peaple.

Hoghead

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas