• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview vs Lakeside

Started by that1guy2110, September 21, 2014, 05:55:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

that1guy2110

Thoughts and Predictions on this weeks match up between Camden Fairview (Homecoming) and HS Lakeside

AT

Before the season started I thought this might be an upset alert for CF, but not so sure anymore. I say Lakeside plays CF close still.

Overdahill

Lionheart88

Awfully early for Homecoming, ain't it?

wing

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 21, 2014, 09:55:25 pm

Agree. Not sure what they were thinking. Last years game was a little closer than the final score. This one should be closer. Will miss #3 if he doesn't get to play. Can't believe the refs did that. Also don't know the status of JM. He may not play either. Anyway, proud to have daughter on the Homecoming Court so let's hope the Cardinals can get a win. 34-21 CF.

CF

that1guy2110

34-14

I thought the defense played a heck of a game last week against Dollarway. They were on the field almost the entire first half. Dollarway only scored 2 td's on the defense and one was on a short field and the other was after they had been worn down. Special teams and tournovers is the only thing that allowed Dway to keep it close last week. Not taking anything away from Dway because they forced those tournovers but CF has to do a better job of taking care of the football so future games like that aren't close

RamFan06

Lakeside is much improved from last year. The Malvern game was a mess, 3 turnovers killed the Rams. They will be much more disciplined and will not turn the ball over 3 times this week. If they can win the turnover battle and limit the big plays they have a shot. I will be a homer and go with The Rams on a last second field goal, 31-28.

wing

This may turn into a HS version of  the UA vs. Texas Tech game. Will be the first time this year that CF has played someone that doesn't their speed. Turnovers are always a game changer and CF may be missing two starters. I'm thinking CMC probably gonna run, run, run. If Lakeside can't stop the run, it could be a long night for the rams.

RamFan06

Stopping the run shouldn't be an issue for the Rams. The vertical passing game is and always has been the challenge. Now I will say that stopping the run when you dont have a D1 prospect at QB who runs like Doss from Sylvan Hills does, shouldn't be a problem. I know CF has speed but I dont anticipate we will see another guy like Doss in the South this season. 

wing

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 22, 2014, 02:49:24 pm
Stopping the run shouldn't be an issue for the Rams. The vertical passing game is and always has been the challenge. Now I will say that stopping the run when you dont have a D1 prospect at QB who runs like Doss from Sylvan Hills does, shouldn't be a problem. I know CF has speed but I dont anticipate we will see another guy like Doss in the South this season.

Can't tackle what you can't catch. ;)

Hoghead

RamFan06

Quote from: wing on September 22, 2014, 03:02:42 pm
Quote from: RamFan06 on September 22, 2014, 02:49:24 pm

Can't tackle what you can't catch. ;)

Very true!

Hoghead

True, and who schedules CF for Homecoming ? I guess you guys play at DeQueen this year ? Hot Springs maybe would be a great Homecoming game.

RamFan06

We actually get Dequeen this year. SHOULD be a win.

AT

Quote from: Hoghead on September 22, 2014, 04:55:29 pm

True, and who schedules CF for Homecoming ? I guess you guys play at DeQueen this year ? Hot Springs maybe would be a great Homecoming game.

I was under the impression this was CF's homecoming.

that1guy2110

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 22, 2014, 07:06:36 pm

I was under the impression this was CF's homecoming.

Yes it is CF's homecoming

Lionheart88

I was talking about this being CF's homecoming, but yeah, weird choice on our part.  Not my decision, or Hot Springs would be our Homecoming.  That'd be real special for their Coach Vereen, a White Hall grad (whose dad was our head coach previous to Mike Vaughn).

DogsWin7

Quote from: that1guy2110 on September 21, 2014, 05:55:51 pm
Thoughts and Predictions on this weeks match up between Camden Fairview (Homecoming) and HS Lakeside

Welcome to FF.....CF gonna punish. 

cfradioguy

hey Wing...or anyone else...

read in the paper that Cornelius Page, CF's best skill guy and overall best player will not get to play this Friday Night
against Lakeside...Seems like a harsh punishment for just giving the 1st down sign after a great catch...There may
be more to it but it's a shame, that Corn, a senior won't get to take part in Homecoming festivities...Looks like the
Cards will be going into the game without their best back and defensive lineman...Unless McCoy recovers quickly...

Congrats to your little girl Hannah making the Homecoming Court...

All of a sudden a closer game maybe...

CF 33...Lakeside 24...but Lakeside still has the prettiest Band Unis... 

wing

Quote from: cfradioguy on September 22, 2014, 09:40:44 pm

read in the paper that Cornelius Page, CF's best skill guy and overall best player will not get to play this Friday Night
against Lakeside...Seems like a harsh punishment for just giving the 1st down sign after a great catch...There may
be more to it but it's a shame, that Corn, a senior won't get to take part in Homecoming festivities...Looks like the
Cards will be going into the game without their best back and defensive lineman...Unless McCoy recovers quickly...

Yes Big Jim, Corn is out unless something changes. The first down signal was harmless, but I think there was a little more to it. I think there was some words exchanged earlier in the game causing off setting penalties. He's a good kid, but you get that first personal foul, you better watch what you do. Refs were just looking for something. Haven't heard how JM is doing. May be a game time decision. Will need a couple of younger players to step it up.

Youngsta71701

Yeah, that call was bogus...it's a AAA rule that if a player is ejected from a game he has to sit out the next game, no exceptions I guess...game still won't be close though...P.J. Thrower will step in and do a nice job...plus we beat dollarway with out two of our best defensive players...not to mention 5 fumbles lost...so if we can hold on to the ball we'll be ok...

wing

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2014, 05:50:10 am

Yeah, that call was bogus...it's a AAA rule that if a player is ejected from a game he has to sit out the next game, no exceptions I guess...game still won't be close though...P.J. Thrower will step in and do a nice job...plus we beat dollarway with out two of our best defensive players...not to mention 5 fumbles lost...so if we can hold on to the ball we'll be ok...

Will "those two" be back this week? I think we have turned the ball over 11 times in three games.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wing on September 23, 2014, 05:54:08 am

Will "those two" be back this week? I think we have turned the ball over 11 times in three games.

IDK...I hope so...those two players are pretty stout...JM and RR...and yeah that's way too many turnovers...I don't think we turned it over that many times the last two years combined...

wildboy44

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2014, 06:00:05 am

IDK...I hope so...those two players are pretty stout...JM and RR...and yeah that's way too many turnovers...I don't think we turned it over that many times the last two years combined...
We will have JM and linebacker RR back.

browning_gold_12

TC told me they were appealing it. Said video clearly showed he did nothing more than signal first down. Is RR Fred's little brother? Man I loved watching that kid play linebacker, and hearing Lowell say, "Ross... Fred Ross on the tackle!!!"

wing

Quote from: wildboy44 on September 23, 2014, 07:14:07 am

;D ;D ;D

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wing on September 23, 2014, 08:15:28 am
Quote from: wildboy44 on September 23, 2014, 07:14:07 am

;D ;D ;D

LOL...+1

that1guy2110

with Corn there was an offsetting PF for talking back and fourth with a dollarway kid earlier in the game. The second one all he did was signal first down and got tossed

GuvHog

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on September 23, 2014, 07:57:29 am
TC told me they were appealing it. Said video clearly showed he did nothing more than signal first down. Is RR Fred's little brother? Man I loved watching that kid play linebacker, and hearing Lowell say, "Ross... Fred Ross on the tackle!!!"

How many times have you seen a referees call later reversed here in Arkansas High School football??? The chances of them winning an appeal are slim and none.

wing

Quote from: GuvHog on September 23, 2014, 03:10:40 pm
Quote from: browning_gold_12 on September 23, 2014, 07:57:29 am

How many times have you seen a referees call later reversed here in Arkansas High School football??? The chances of them winning an appeal are slim and none.

Your probably right but you won't get what you don't ask for. Hey, OJ was found innocent........

Youngsta71701

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas