• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can someone please tell me what they lack in hope?

Started by rapstr, September 20, 2014, 02:20:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rapstr

I feel like size and no true game changers is what they lack no fundamentals come on hope hit the weight room

Hoghead

Really no power game from the O-line and no power RBs. Just little fast RBs. Defense should be better by now . No excuse for letting 3A & 4A schools hang 50 on you and laugh in your face. Maybe they can fix it against DeQueen. Its time for Hope to stop reading the headlines and PLAY HARD.

hps16

Coaches are the same as last year and talent is there also, so I think you need an option 3 on your vote, I think what you are seeing now is growing pains, A lot of new faces and inexperience at the varsity level, We obviously saw the areas they have to improve on last night, How about we stay behind our boys and our coaches and show them how we support Bobcat nation all the way, Win or Lose!!!

The Future

The question from last season is being answered. Starting to look like last year was just that random year of greatness pushed inbetween years of averageness.

rapstr

Quote from: hps16 on September 20, 2014, 09:17:46 am
Coaches are the same as last year and talent is there also, so I think you need an option 3 on your vote, I think what you are seeing now is growing pains, A lot of new faces and inexperience at the varsity level, We obviously saw the areas they have to improve on last night, How about we stay behind our boys and our coaches and show them how we support Bobcat nation all the way, Win or Lose!!!o
I'm behind the coaches and team 110% I just hate to see my boys lose especially to Nashville, Prescott, and Camden

mhfcharlesi

The athletes they have are not 5A athletes..especially rbs and DB's..last year they had 5A athletes

Megatron

I was TOLD the best RB doesn't get the carries on Friday's just Monday night games. A kid from Hope but been at Arkansas High but moved back for senior year. I dont know but was told that at the Prescott game.

Hoggy

And now Hope has the best facilities in the state.  Embarrassing

KOJACK

Quote from: Hoggy on September 22, 2014, 08:33:06 am
What's embarrassing about that?

Youngsta71701

Hoggy

Quote from: KOJACK on September 22, 2014, 08:35:28 am
that you played a team with worst facilities in the state half your size and you got smoked

KOJACK

The DE and MLB that graduated last year was a big blow. Everyone will continue to run away from sosa and make him a non factor. Someone else has got to step up for Hope on defense. Plus it's hard to win when you throw 53 times a game.

KOJACK

Quote from: Hoggy on September 22, 2014, 10:48:16 am
that you played a team with worst facilities in the state half your size and you got smoked
Bro that's the norm. That's 5 of the last 7 that Prescott has smoked y'all. I think the new facility is something to be proud of. You guy's had a great season last year. Whoever thought y'all were gonna be better this year than last really doesn't know much football. imo

Hoggy

Quote from: KOJACK on September 22, 2014, 10:51:15 am
Quote from: Hoggy on September 22, 2014, 10:48:16 am
Bro that's the norm. That's 5 of the last 7 that Prescott has smoked y'all. I think the new facility is something to be proud of. You guy's had a great season last year. Whoever thought y'all were gonna be better this year than last really doesn't know much football. imo
who is yall?  I'm not from Hope and I said Hope wouldn't be good before the season.

Hoghead

Most of the Bobcat faithful has bought in to Coach Turley. We saw the strides he's made with his teams and thought this bunch would thrive in his system. But we dont have the skill as of last years teams. 5 players went on to play college ball off of that 2013 squad.
The conference schedule starts now. I'm sure the coaches and players are working to fix things. Also opposing coaches are planning not to get caught sleeping on Hope.The O Line is basicly the same from last year. The RBs are no where close to being Javon Westmoreland. The QB as a sophmore has problems with the speed of the game. Things will get better.The Defense has to step up though !

Hoggy

wing

Besides losing 5 players that are now playing college ball, Hope got on a mission last year after losing to WC. They believed they could beat anyone anywhere and almost did. This team seems to have lost that swagger. Maybe that's not quite the right word, but their heads are not where they should be. If the soph. QB can catch up to the speed of the game, they will be ok later in the season. It just may be a little too late by then.

Hoghead

Quote from: Hoggy on September 22, 2014, 02:37:58 pm
The sad thing is yall still have two d1 players

And......Well coached teams have decided to make them non factors by double teaming them and running away from them. The two D1 guys are Jrs. I'm sure they'll hopefully get better and get added help from their teammates.

hawgfan15

If I was Turley I would move Agim to MLB or at least NT. I know he will be a DE in college but he needs to be at a position that he can make a bigger impact. With this Hope team I would go with an I-formation offense with Agim at TE. They don't have the players to be a successful spread team

Hoghead

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 23, 2014, 01:59:58 am
If I was Turley I would move Agim to MLB or at least NT. I know he will be a DE in college but he needs to be at a position that he can make a bigger impact. With this Hope team I would go with an I-formation offense with Agim at TE. They don't have the players to be a successful spread team

Due to the small RBs even running the Johnny Turner "I" formation might be hard on these Cats.

Hoggy

shhhhh don't give the clueless any hints

airitout

Quote from: rapstr on September 20, 2014, 02:20:16 am
I feel like size and no true game changers is what they lack no fundamentals come on hope hit the weight room

have you been in their weight room and watched them work?

Hoggy

Quote from: airitout on September 23, 2014, 09:16:40 am

have you been in their weight room and watched them work?
you can workout all you want but I'm sure 75 percent of the kids get terrible nutrition

hawgfan15

Quote from: Hoghead on September 23, 2014, 08:01:19 am

Due to the small RBs even running the Johnny Turner "I" formation might be hard on these Cats.

Love isn't that small. Small backs can run out of a power set though, I watched a very talented small RB from WC this past Friday night.

Hoghead

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 23, 2014, 10:44:41 am
Quote from: Hoghead on September 23, 2014, 08:01:19 am

Love is a speed back. He avoids contact. He stretches the Jet Sweep up into the press box sometimes. He never squares up and hits the hole.

Love isn't that small. Small backs can run out of a power set though, I watched a very talented small RB from WC this past Friday night.

rapstr

The 9th grade bobcats has got some talent on that team and they are fast.

Hoggy

Quote from: rapstr on September 25, 2014, 08:22:29 pm
who they beat tonite and what was score?

4thandgoal

Quote from: Hoghead on September 22, 2014, 02:28:02 pm
Most of the Bobcat faithful has bought in to Coach Turley. We saw the strides he's made with his teams and thought this bunch would thrive in his system. But we dont have the skill as of last years teams. 5 players went on to play college ball off of that 2013 squad.
The conference schedule starts now. I'm sure the coaches and players are working to fix things. Also opposing coaches are planning not to get caught sleeping on Hope.The O Line is basicly the same from last year. The RBs are no where close to being Javon Westmoreland. The QB as a sophmore has problems with the speed of the game. Things will get better.The Defense has to step up though !

The Cats should be better next year with the upcoming 9th graders. They are more talented than some of the players on the varsity team. The 9th graders want to win and they have the heart. Most of the boys on the varsity team are living on the past success of those players from last year. They think that they can suit up and not play hard on Friday night. There are several 9th graders who could take the place of the players on the varsity team. You guys will have to ride it out to next year. However, if Hope makes the playoffs, some of the 9th graders will be moved up and some varsity players will lose their position.That's my opinion.

rapstr

Quote from: Hoggy on September 25, 2014, 10:21:45 pm
Quote from: rapstr on September 25, 2014, 08:22:29 pm
who they beat tonite and what was score?
I left at halftime they played Arkadelphia but it was 28-8 when i left at halftime.

rapstr

Quote from: 4thandgoal on September 26, 2014, 12:03:39 am
Quote from: Hoghead on September 22, 2014, 02:28:02 pm
I agree they have have some size and talent on that 9th grade squad and I they could take some spots on varsity sad to say.

The Cats should be better next year with the upcoming 9th graders. They are more talented than some of the players on the varsity team. The 9th graders want to win and they have the heart. Most of the boys on the varsity team are living on the past success of those players from last year. They think that they can suit up and not play hard on Friday night. There are several 9th graders who could take the place of the players on the varsity team. You guys will have to ride it out to next year. However, if Hope makes the playoffs, some of the 9th graders will be moved up and some varsity players will lose their position.That's my opinion.

Uncle Ivan

Marbles!

MARBLES

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 26, 2014, 02:05:47 am

Marbles!

MARBLES

Well, at least you didn't say heart.........

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas