• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne @ Blytheville ~ Week 4

Started by kwwolves2012, September 19, 2014, 11:37:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FD4

Wynne - 154 points scored, 39 allowed, only 6 points scored against our starting defense.

over 1,300 yards of total offense, holding opposition to less than 500 yards of total offense.

Defense has forced 12 turnovers while scoreing 20 points on the season. (unless I missed one along the way)

Good luck tonight to the Jackets, it's a new season now, good luck to the Chicks as well.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: FD4 on September 26, 2014, 10:52:24 am
Wynne - 154 points scored, 39 allowed, only 6 points scored against our starting defense.

over 1,300 yards of total offense, holding opposition to less than 500 yards of total offense.

Defense has forced 12 turnovers while scoreing 20 points on the season. (unless I missed one along the way)

Good luck tonight to the Jackets, it's a new season now, good luck to the Chicks as well.

That's bad to the bone right there. If the Jackets stay healthy "knock on wood" there shoud'nt be anyone come within 14 pts of them untill maybe the semi's or Champ game. Now all that being said, there are a few teams between now and then with players that can bring the wood on any given play. We all know that everyone wants to knock off the guys on top. So keep your heads on a swivel and the throttle down.

Good luck and a safe trip Jackets..

Wildhog14

Chicks
1,250 yards total offense.
140 total team points.
Defense given up 20 total points. Held opponents to 630 total yards.
Not as tough compettion but still respectable.
Less than 4 hours...

FD4

Sure is Wildhog, It would be sweet, either way, if Wynne and Blytheville were the top two in the east this season.  Much kudo's both ways.

justalionfan

JacketDad

What's up with the suspended Wynne players?

justalionfan

Wynne side is packed. No one hardly on blytheville side. Go jackets

justalionfan

So far 2 sophomore running backs have scored on the chickasaws. Our QB threw a INT on a funny throw. Wynne leads 14-0 5:02 in 1st

JacketDad

kwwolves2012

Quote from: JacketDad on September 26, 2014, 06:10:03 pm

Huge fight at Wynne High School this afternoon. I heard there were 12 football players involved out of about 30 total participants. Pleminary reports I've heard mention that this was likely a gang related incident between the students involved.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on September 26, 2014, 08:32:12 pm

Huge fight at Wynne High School this afternoon. I heard there were 12 football players involved out of about 30 total participants. Pleminary reports I've heard mention that this was likely a gang related incident between the students involved.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

DogsWin7

Are the reports true or is the post stupid?   

kwwolves2012

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 26, 2014, 08:53:56 pm

My brother goes there and my Mom works at the court house here in Wynne. So I've heard it from a few different sources.

DogsWin7

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on September 26, 2014, 08:56:48 pm

My brother goes there and my Mom works at the court house here in Wynne. So I've heard it from a few different sources.

Hate to hear that if it ends up being the case. 

justalionfan

chaingang

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on September 19, 2014, 11:37:45 pm
I'm worried about this game you guys. Blytheville has all the momentum in the world. Wynne has blown their doors off in the last few meetings. Blytheville is full of athletes just waiting to tee off at home against #1 Wynne.

*this game, IMO may determine the conference*
A Wynne loss opens it up for Batesville/Blytheville. A Wynne victory pushes the Yellowjackets to the conference championship.

Wynne pulls away in the 4th and proudly walks away with a hard fought 41-21 win. (But if it was closer, it would not surprise me)
You still worried ?

kwwolves2012

Quote from: chaingang on September 26, 2014, 09:22:11 pm
I'm worried about this game you guys. Blytheville has all the momentum in the world. Wynne has blown their doors off in the last few meetings. Blytheville is full of athletes just waiting to tee off at home against #1 Wynne.

A Wynne loss opens it up for Batesville/Blytheville. A Wynne victory pushes the Yellowjackets to the conference championship.

Wynne pulls away in the 4th and proudly walks away with a hard fought 41-21 win. (But if it was closer, it would not surprise me)
You still worried ?

No, but I also don't think anyone predicted it to be a shutout. Our O-Line and holding calls still present a big problem tho. We have to clean that up. QB is on the ground too much.

chaingang

10 arrested....2 were football players......the word i got was it was Parkin vs Wynne.......i don't know about the ''Gang'' stuff.........so far we have 5 starters out tonight......and maybe only one will be back.....this is from the start of the season, and not from today. I hate to see some of the guys play ''Ironman'' ball , but so be it, it looks like we reload or double-down, either way we still look good.

Uncle Ivan

Actions taken by the kids, if true, are stupid.

MikeDieselâ„¢

Hate to hear that about the kids. But the team looked good tonight. That is one of the fastest lines I've seen in high school ball. Fun team to watch.

chaingang

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on September 26, 2014, 09:30:43 pm

You still worried ?

No, but I also don't think anyone predicted it to be a shutout. Our O-Line and holding calls still present a big problem tho. We have to clean that up. QB is on the ground too much.
No most of the people called it for the Jackets by 20 plus or so points......so a shutout by 35 is even better.  I'M sure there is a ton of stuff to work on and clean-up......but as far as the quarterback being on the ground too much....i mean in your book it's
not like he is a D-1 Quarterback so it shouldn't matter that much.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: chaingang on September 26, 2014, 10:44:46 pm

You still worried ?

No most of the people called it for the Jackets by 20 plus or so points......so a shutout by 35 is even better.  I'M sure there is a ton of stuff to work on and clean-up......but as far as the quarterback being on the ground too much....i mean in your book it's

And I had my prediction as a 20 pt win. I wasn't sure Wynne would handle them the way they did, but I am continually blown away by our stellar defense. Zach Morris took this team to 9 wins as a 1st year QB with younger players.. Did Trail look like a D1 QB tonight? Not in my opinion. Look at Ty Storey committed to the Razorbacks.. 300+ yards and 3TDs every game. I just don't see Trail as that type of player. That is my opinion, and I am entitled to it. Sorry you disagree. 

chaingang

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on September 26, 2014, 10:51:02 pm

You still worried ?

And I had my prediction as a 20 pt win. I wasn't sure Wynne would handle them the way they did, but I am continually blown away by our stellar defense. Zach Morris took this team to 9 wins as a 1st year QB with younger players.. Did Trail look like a D1 QB tonight? Not in my opinion. Look at Ty Storey committed to the Razorbacks.. 300+ yards and 3TDs every game. I just don't see Trail as that type of player. That is my opinion, and I am entitled to it. Sorry you disagree.
You are entitled to it......even if I agree with you or not.......but the people that make a living scouting and evaluating high school players say he is D-1......that's what i listen to and that makes everything that comes out of your mouth suspect to me.

walkingguy72396

Not to get off the subject.  I thought Blytheville played Wynne about as well as West Memphis did. 

So where do you all think Blytheville will finish?

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 26, 2014, 08:52:22 pm

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Wow .....Good win tonight. Another Pretender like Blytheville got snot kicked ! No tough wins so far. Crown em !!!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Hoghead on September 27, 2014, 12:32:37 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 26, 2014, 08:52:22 pm

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Wow .....Good win tonight. Another Pretender like Blytheville got snot kicked ! No tough wins so far. Crown em !!!

Might As Well Play Out The Season Before You Crown them - It Will Be More Meaningful If They Earn Their Way To War Memorial. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: chaingang on September 26, 2014, 11:50:05 pm

You still worried ?

You are entitled to it......even if I agree with you or not.......but the people that make a living scouting and evaluating high school players say he is D-1......that's what i listen to and that makes everything that comes out of your mouth suspect to me.

Some of those people don't deserve to make a living scouting and evaluating players.  We all know that it's how you market the player for low d-1 schools.

chaingang

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 27, 2014, 07:27:02 am

You still worried ?

Some of those people don't deserve to make a living scouting and evaluating players.  We all know that it's how you market the player for low d-1 schools.
Please define '' Low D-1 Schools ''........I have never heard that terminology. If you are talking about the U of Cincinnati being a Low D-1 school.....that's crazy. If some of these people don't deserve to make a living scouting and evaluating players......believe me they will get fired if they don't do their job......like Bum Phillips said ...'' If a Coach gets hired, he will get fired too.'' My biggest problem is calling out a 17 or 18 year old on here and saying they are not a D-1 player when they have been verbally offered by a Major College. I never see a High School player using a Marketing Company to build his worth.....you find a Company that does that and let me know.......you can't name one !!!! 

ISU7

Quote from: warpath55 on September 20, 2014, 11:20:31 am
That Okalona team you know nothing about barely lost to a north panola team who beat Rosa Fort as bad as Wynne did. We also stopped ourselves on 2 drives in the redzone against Marion which would have put us up 52-0 at half. I believe that is about what it was when Wynne played them. I agree....Wynne is a better team because of the extended time in a system. All I'm saying is that it will be the first real test they've had. Blytheville matches them speed for speed in about every position and runs a similar offense (I dont just mean the spread....I mean conceptually).

While I think Wynne wins...it won't be anything like they've had here lately.
WRONG..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

ISU7

Quote from: MikeDieselâ„¢ on September 20, 2014, 10:37:07 pm
It takes us hiring a former Wynne Yellowjacket to bring that competitive edge back. Very excited about this game. Should be a fun atmosphere in Blytheville. Haven't had that much to cheer about lately. This is a lot of fun.
It was fun, only at halftime. the game was over in the 1st qt. Wynne allstate runningback didnt play at all and they could have put up at least 60pts..Wynne's rbs use in this game  were sophs.. 8)

ISU7

Quote from: justajacketfan on September 26, 2014, 06:53:05 pm
Thats because the home side stands are much bigger then the vistors side...smh..

ISU7

You still worried ?

If B. Allen can play D-1, so can Trail. His line in college will be much better... ;D 8)

justalionfan

September 28, 2014, 12:16:53 pm #82 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:28:40 pm by justajacketfan
Quote from: ISU7 on September 28, 2014, 07:43:49 am
Thats because the home side stands are much bigger then the vistors side...smh..
No it's because hardly anyone was on the home side when the game started. I can SMH too

DogsWin7

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 27, 2014, 07:27:02 am

You still worried ?

Well Stated.  And totally a marketing game by some. 

MikeDieselâ„¢

Quote from: justajacketfan on September 28, 2014, 12:16:53 pm
No it's because hardly anyone was on the home side when the game started. I can SMH too

I was standing on the Wynne side at the start of the game.  The Blytheville fans definitely hadn't filled out the stands at that point.  But, it didn't take long for it to fill up. 

We don't quite have the "tradition" that Wynne has.  The crowd we had Friday night was great as we begin to build something here.

FD4

Gonna give some credit to the Chicks, at least yall held our guys to one score in the second half.  Thats a little victory for your team.

warpath55

Just some Observations:

1. Your defense is the most ridiculous thing I've seen for a HS in a long time.  You could play with 8 as long as #24 was one of them. How he isn't on most teams recruiting board, even as a potential safety, is beyond me.

2. Your offense, while good, isn't quite what I thought it would be.  Your individual skill players were just better than Blytheville's.  That's to be expected considering the lack of system B'ville has had in the past few years.  They made plays and we didn't. Your RB's...regardless of age, ran through a lot of arm tackles at the line of scrimmage that B'ville had been making in the first 3 games.  You've got good ones. Our skill kids were getting snipped down when they were in space by those same type of arm tackles.

3. The game was over after the first quarter, but honestly not because of play. The hole was just too big to recover with that defense, our problems were alignment issues, once we lined up right those plays didn't hit as hard as they did in the first quarter.  We also only had one senior on defense, and 2 juniors.  Most of those kids are sophomores (even the 2's).  You could see that the kids were our of their depth from the first snap, and once they calmed down from quarters 2-4, they held their own pretty well.  I mean 14 pts for 3 quarters to you guys is a bigger victory than just the 7 in the second half.  The drive that killed the chicks was that fumble at midfield as they were driving. It just popped out, and you could see the air just come out of the sails. We were moving the ball at 5-6 yds a play on a lot of runs, but we weren't making the plays we needed to and dropped a lot of balls. The Chicks have to learn how to sustain a drive.  And penalties...Jeez....we shot ourselves in the foot.

4. That pass interference call was bogus.  Getting your feet tangled isn't a penalty, and that gave you guys life on that drive, which ultimately led to the 3rd td.  It isn't an excuse...I just thought it was an awful call. I think even the back judge was uncertain as to why a flag was thrown but that sideline guy was pretty adamant. It happens.

5. Death by tunnel screen, or how a guy squirts out when he's completely covered on it for 25 was the name of the game.  Also, that pick that your outside wr set on the wheel route for a score is an illegal play.  How the ref missed a blatant crack block to free a guy down field is beyond me. I think that while we were a little sloppy on the screen, the fact that Trail couldn't get the ball completed downfield often was a credit to our secondary. I knew once we picked that ball off in the first quarter that screens were about to rain down, but you can't crack a guy and throw the ball downfield, that's Off. Pass Int.  Kudos to Coach Hill for teaching true rubs, and it working correctly, even if it isn't legal, most refs won't see it.

6. Your pass protection needs to get better.  It will be a long year for Trail if he keeps getting hit like he did on Friday. That's two weeks in a row he has taken a lot of heat. Now, some of it I think (at least somewhat) had to do with the timing of the receivers being thrown off by our press coverage, but still.  You have a legit D-1 kid when he as the time to throw it.  If not, he looks above average, but not Big D-1. Anyone stupid enough to play anything other than press against you guys (man/zone) is nuts.  It's your only shot out there.

7. The Chicks will rebound.  Wynne is going to win the whole thing. While obviously Wynne is a far superior team, I think the score is slightly misleading. Those at the game saw Wynne having to work on offense more than they have (by this I mean in 2-4), and I think that's a good sign for the rest of conference play for the Chicks.  I'm sure people are going to say well this guy didn't play or it could have been worse, but he didn't take his starters out on either side until the 3 min mark of the 4th quarter.  I think that's a truer testament to the Chicks than anything, considering they haven't played more than a half against anyone all year.  We have a long way to go in B'ville, but we are on the right path I think.  Time will tell. It will be the semi's before Wynne sees a team who will keep it within 14.  Batesville...I don't think will even move the ball on them, really.  Wynne will stop Wynne. No one else.

Congrats to you guys, and thanks for showing how good teams really do it.  Impressive work.

justalionfan

Quote from: MikeDieselâ„¢ on September 29, 2014, 07:58:27 am
Quote from: justajacketfan on September 28, 2014, 12:16:53 pm

I was standing on the Wynne side at the start of the game.  The Blytheville fans definitely hadn't filled out the stands at that point.  But, it didn't take long for it to fill up. 

We don't quite have the "tradition" that Wynne has.  The crowd we had Friday night was great as we begin to build something here.

As I told Coach Fiser friday night, You guys are building a good program. Stay strong

FD4

Nice post Warpath, I sat beside Coach Smiths Father in law at the game, and on the interference call, your right, both guys are hunting the ball and simply got their feet tangled up, the pass was a bit overthrown.  Trail is good, but seems to be falling into some bad habbits when he has pressure.  His mechanics need a little work, I have noticed he tends to pass off his back foot using arm strength to get the ball down field.  Most of that is due to agressive rushing causing the old hurry up.  Your right about the press coverage, that will throw off your timing, especially at the high school level.  I have always said this since Gus was at Shiloh.  Some day defensive coaching will catch up and revert the game back to run first, pass second.  Our defense has accomplished some of that.  We have been burned a few times with the long ball, and have had some limited trouble with the short game, but over all, we are pretty stout.

Time is going to tell just how good this buch really is.  I feel your spot on with slowing down our offense with good press coverage.  The team that has a SR laden backfield that is used to defending one on one may be able to slow down the scoreing.  However, if they stay healthy, our defense is going to be the machine to get it done in the end. 

How about that young man kicking a 50 yarder for Batesville Friday night!  That is a weapon most coaching staff's seldom consider.  Could be an X factor.

playmaker04

Quote from: FD4 on September 29, 2014, 11:43:42 am
Nice post Warpath, I sat beside Coach Smiths Father in law at the game, and on the interference call, your right, both guys are hunting the ball and simply got their feet tangled up, the pass was a bit overthrown.  Trail is good, but seems to be falling into some bad habbits when he has pressure.  His mechanics need a little work, I have noticed he tends to pass off his back foot using arm strength to get the ball down field.  Most of that is due to agressive rushing causing the old hurry up.  Your right about the press coverage, that will throw off your timing, especially at the high school level.  I have always said this since Gus was at Shiloh.  Some day defensive coaching will catch up and revert the game back to run first, pass second.  Our defense has accomplished some of that.  We have been burned a few times with the long ball, and have had some limited trouble with the short game, but over all, we are pretty stout.

Time is going to tell just how good this buch really is.  I feel your spot on with slowing down our offense with good press coverage.  The team that has a SR laden backfield that is used to defending one on one may be able to slow down the scoreing.  However, if they stay healthy, our defense is going to be the machine to get it done in the end. 

How about that young man kicking a 50 yarder for Batesville Friday night!  That is a weapon most coaching staff's seldom consider.  Could be an X factor.
The hogs could use him right now.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: playmaker04 on September 29, 2014, 01:09:14 pm

+1

wynnefootballfan

September 29, 2014, 05:20:10 pm #91 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:23:22 pm by wynnefootballfan
One of the things a lot of people overlook when talking about a kid being a D1 player "or any level college player really" is that he is'nt taking the field now. There are players around the country that can step right in and play at that level and do, Most don't. Trail will have a year and 9 months real time from now of maturing, traininng and coaching before he will be expected to take a college snap. He has the raw tools, I thing he will be ok.. As for the rest of the team, the D is impressive. One doesnt often see 11 players at this age play as one unit the way they do every play. Even with the "O" runing below potential, a team will have to score 30+ to win. With this D, thats a tall order.

michael2370

The kicker from Batesville is able to  kick from over 50+..  The fans from Batesville hope he is given an opportunity at the state record.  59 yards I think.  He can make it.

Missco

Wynne will not lose a regular season game...Blytheville should finish 4th..

michael2370

Miscco how many times have Wynne said that before.  Batesville is in three weeks .  let's see after that.

MDXPHD

Quote from: michael2370 on September 30, 2014, 04:01:08 pm
Miscco how many times have Wynne said that before.  Batesville is in three weeks .  let's see after that.

Don't be arrogant.  Batesville is gonna have to play a perfect game to get past Wynne.

The_Pioneer

Wynne should beat Batesville this year.  We're more flawed than in year's past.  Besides, Wynne is due.  Batesville has won 3 out of the last 4.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 30, 2014, 06:10:29 pm
Quote from: michael2370 on September 30, 2014, 04:01:08 pm

Don't be arrogant.  Batesville is gonna have to play a perfect game to get past Wynne.

Think You Missed When Calling A Poster Out For Arrogance.  The Previous Post Was Arrogant.  Micheal Was Just A Bit Defensive.  Indeed, Wynne Should Win Given  Their Talent, Experience, And Home Field Advantage, BUT, Only Time Will Tell:)

Uncle Ivan

Ask Fairview what they think of him.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 01, 2014, 01:20:40 am

Ask Fairview what they think of him.

Ask Morrilton what they think of him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas