• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne @ Blytheville ~ Week 4

Started by kwwolves2012, September 19, 2014, 11:37:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kwwolves2012

September 19, 2014, 11:37:45 pm Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:18:25 am by kwwolves2012
I'm worried about this game you guys. Blytheville has all the momentum in the world. Wynne has blown their doors off in the last few meetings. Blytheville is full of athletes just waiting to tee off at home against #1 Wynne.

*this game, IMO may determine the conference*
A Wynne loss opens it up for Batesville/Blytheville. A Wynne victory pushes the Yellowjackets to the conference championship.

Wynne pulls away in the 4th and proudly walks away with a hard fought 41-21 win. (But if it was closer, it would not surprise me)

walkingguy72396

Blythville has not played any-one that could keep Wynne under 50 points.

Wynne kept a pretty athletic bunch of players to two scores.  A lucky pitch on a kick-off as the runner was being stopped cold.

A short run set up by a throw that had to pass through 3 pairs of hands before the one it was thrown too caught it.

I expect much the same.

Wynne by 20 or more.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on September 20, 2014, 12:18:03 am
Blythville has not played any-one that could keep Wynne under 50 points.

Wynne kept a pretty athletic bunch of players to two scores.  A lucky pitch on a kick-off as the runner was being stopped cold.

A short run set up by a throw that had to pass through 3 pairs of hands before the one it was thrown too caught it.

I expect much the same.

Wynne by 20 or more.

Yea, at home. No one comes to Wynne and goes home a winner. And to a West Memphis team that barely scraped by Forrest City. Blytheville will be at home and they are undefeated as well. We haven't played anyone up to competition yet either. Blytheville will show up next week. Why wouldn't they throw everything at us? I would expect a scrappy, athletic team with nothing to lose. Those are the teams that upset the 'big dogs'. I don't see it being a run away.

warpath55

That logic could go both ways.....just keep your high horse friend. The Chicks seem to enjoy the under the radar vibe.

BigLion10

Lionheart88

I'm not sold on Blytheville yet.  They'll probably make the playoffs, but if they want to prove they're better than the #3 team in a 2-horse conference, they've got their chance next friday.  I look forward to reading the in-game posts.

playmaker04

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 20, 2014, 01:06:30 am
I'm not sold on Blytheville yet.  They'll probably make the playoffs, but if they want to prove they're better than the #3 team in a 2-horse conference, they've got their chance next friday.  I look forward to reading the in-game posts.
Not sold either. They beat a bad Marion team,an average Osceola and the out of state team I know nothing about by 1. Gotta keep blytheville out of the backfield. 6 sacks is unacceptable. Line has to pick it up. Defense is there. Wynne wins 38-13

Chief-Chickasaw

I'm a Chicks fan and I'm not completely sold on them yet. I will say this is only the beginning.  The past few years Blytheville has quietly been building some really good Jr. High teams. The Jr. Class went undefeated as 9th graders. Sophomores only lost twice. This year's 7th 8th and 9th grades have never lost a game. Look out 5A east. The chicks are building something.
I am excited to see what happens next Friday. If we can hang within 14 points I say we complete for the 2nd spot in the conference.  Our biggest problem is the line is undersized but they are scrappy and athletic and play hard.
He'll if we win 1 more game this year it will be the same amount of games as we won the last 3 years combined.

ISU7

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on September 20, 2014, 08:51:25 am
I'm a Chicks fan and I'm not completely sold on them yet. I will say this is only the beginning.  The past few years Blytheville has quietly been building some really good Jr. High teams. The Jr. Class went undefeated as 9th graders. Sophomores only lost twice. This year's 7th 8th and 9th grades have never lost a game. Look out 5A east. The chicks are building something.
I am excited to see what happens next Friday. If we can hang within 14 points I say we complete for the 2nd spot in the conference.  Our biggest problem is the line is undersized but they are scrappy and athletic and play hard.
He'll if we win 1 more game this year it will be the same amount of games as we won the last 3 years combined.
Compete for 2nd!!!!! Did Batesville drop out???? Anyway Jackets win by 20.... 8)

AT

Who would have thought this would be an interesting game (or at least look like it) before the season started?

The_Pioneer

warpath55

That Okalona team you know nothing about barely lost to a north panola team who beat Rosa Fort as bad as Wynne did. We also stopped ourselves on 2 drives in the redzone against Marion which would have put us up 52-0 at half. I believe that is about what it was when Wynne played them. I agree....Wynne is a better team because of the extended time in a system. All I'm saying is that it will be the first real test they've had. Blytheville matches them speed for speed in about every position and runs a similar offense (I dont just mean the spread....I mean conceptually).

While I think Wynne wins...it won't be anything like they've had here lately.

playmaker04

Quote from: warpath55 on September 20, 2014, 11:20:31 am
That Okalona team you know nothing about barely lost to a north panola team who beat Rosa Fort as bad as Wynne did. We also stopped ourselves on 2 drives in the redzone against Marion which would have put us up 52-0 at half. I believe that is about what it was when Wynne played them. I agree....Wynne is a better team because of the extended time in a system. All I'm saying is that it will be the first real test they've had. Blytheville matches them speed for speed in about every position and runs a similar offense (I dont just mean the spread....I mean conceptually).

While I think Wynne wins...it won't be anything like they've had here lately.
oh I'm not downing y'all. I think you have something good going in Chickasaw land. I kinda get tired of hearing how weak the east is,how its a 2 team conference. (Wynne,Batesville). Love 2 see a couple more teams like Blytheville or Forrest City step up and start winning some playoff games to get rid of that stigma.

Chief-Chickasaw

[/quote]Compete for 2nd!!!!! Did Batesville drop out???? Anyway Jackets win by 20.... 8)
[/quote]

No disrespect to Batesville that is why I said compete for 2nd NOT we will be second.  I think we will be competitive in both the Wynne and Batesville games we may not win either may win one or both. I think that is the definition of COMPETE FOR SECOND.

Just saying the 5A East may finally not be a two team race this year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 20, 2014, 09:17:58 am
Opens the door for Batesville????

This.  I don't even begin to understand. The door is wide open for Wynne and Batesville.  A loss just closes the door more on Wynne. 

chaingang

Quote from: ISU7 on September 20, 2014, 09:07:43 am
Compete for 2nd!!!!! Did Batesville drop out???? Anyway Jackets win by 20.... 8)
I guess i will have to drop Batesville out of my Top 10......I didn't know they dropped Football this year

The_Pioneer

Considering we've won 3 out of 4 from Wynne, I'd say they have to beat us to move up, not the other way

walkingguy72396

Considering we've won 3 out of 4 from Wynne, I'd say they have to beat us to move up, not the other way

I do not really want to say fact.  How-ever the past 8-16 years it has been proven that too take the 5A East , Batesville has to lose to the 5A Champ, due to no other Team in the 5A East seems to be able to beat them.

I believe its accurate to say, that when Batesville has not won the 5A they lost only one conference game  too the eventual 5A East Champ.  Forrest City, Helena West Helena and finally Wynne.  Pretty Impressive.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: chaingang on September 20, 2014, 05:31:55 pm
I guess i will have to drop Batesville out of my Top 10......I didn't know they dropped Football this year

Again I have said nothing negative about Batesville. Just said the Chicks Wil be competitive.  How is that saying Batesville doesn't have football or is gonna be a easy win for Blytheville.  All I'm saying is I believe the Chicks have a better team then most realize. I actually think they will be way better next year then they are next year.
Batesville fans are so sensitive.  Everyone knows yall can play.

tmycjy

hey not trying to start something but every time Blytheville was 3-0 and wynne played them in Blytheville Wynne has beat them in there house

here the ex:   2004 when Blytheville started in the east they was 3-0 Wynne came in and beat them 41-21
                      2006 Blytheville was 3-0 and we came to there house and beat them 27-0

chaingang

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on September 20, 2014, 07:27:42 pm
Quote from: chaingang on September 20, 2014, 05:31:55 pm

Again I have said nothing negative about Batesville. Just said the Chicks Wil be competitive.  How is that saying Batesville doesn't have football or is gonna be a easy win for Blytheville.  All I'm saying is I believe the Chicks have a better team then most realize. I actually think they will be way better next year then they are next year.
Batesville fans are so sensitive.  Everyone knows yall can play.
I say y'all will be way better this year than y'all will be this year......I've had you in my Top 10 for 2 weeks now.....i know where you guys are now and where you have been and where you are going too.

pantherblue

Wynne 52. Blytheville 26.  Big difference in top 5 and lower 5 in 5a. 

MikeDieselâ„¢

It takes us hiring a former Wynne Yellowjacket to bring that competitive edge back. Very excited about this game. Should be a fun atmosphere in Blytheville. Haven't had that much to cheer about lately. This is a lot of fun. 

AT

If Wynne wins this one big on the road, I will be very impressed.

Intelligentsia

How Well Is The Blytheville QB Throwing The Ball?  It Will Be Interesting To See If Blytheville Can Keep It Close Until Halftime.  I'm Happy For The Blytheville
Kids To See The Program Headed In A Positive Direction.

Lionheart88

Why Are You Capitalizing Every Word?  Just Curious. :)

Uncle Ivan

Maybe He's Posting From A Phone.

Quick question: What would Autocorrect do with the spelling of Blyethville?

Lionheart88

So am I, is there a phone that capitalizes like that?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 22, 2014, 01:19:07 am

LOL, I was thinking the same thing...

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 22, 2014, 01:19:07 am

Some Crazy Thing With My Android Keyboard:(

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 22, 2014, 12:30:21 am
How Well Is The Blytheville QB Throwing The Ball?  It Will Be Interesting To See If Blytheville Can Keep It Close Until Halftime.  I'm Happy For The Blytheville

The QB is throwing it pretty well.  The line has been doing a good job of protecting him.  It's nice to see the offence finally using all the atheletes we have walking around.  The coaches have even been able to talk a couple of the basketball players to come and play this year.  I'm very happy with this team.  My preseason prediction was 6 or 7 wins and a playoff birth.  This Friday may change my opinion but I'm sticking with that prediction for now.

warpath55

What seems to be helping them more than anything is the speed at which the offense is clicking plays off, the defense is getting turnovers, keeping opposing defenses honest, and I don't think there is a better secondary in the East. They play man-press better than any high school I've seen in a long time.  It's the same gameplan Wynne employs philosophically.  It's about seeing how disciplined people are.  Wynne won't be able to bring as much pressure with the up-tempo pace Blytheville plays at. If a first down is gained, they roll faster than anyone I have seen in a long time tempo-wise.

Again, we have our fair share of problems, but I think a bunch of people are going to be surprised Friday at the quality Blytheville is putting out on the field....especially compared to what it has been the last few years.

justalionfan

Quote from: warpath55 on September 22, 2014, 08:42:08 am
What seems to be helping them more than anything is the speed at which the offense is clicking plays off, the defense is getting turnovers, keeping opposing defenses honest, and I don't think there is a better secondary in the East. They play man-press better than any high school I've seen in a long time.  It's the same gameplan Wynne employs philosophically.  It's about seeing how disciplined people are.  Wynne won't be able to bring as much pressure with the up-tempo pace Blytheville plays at. If a first down is gained, they roll faster than anyone I have seen in a long time tempo-wise.

Again, we have our fair share of problems, but I think a bunch of people are going to be surprised Friday at the quality Blytheville is putting out on the field....especially compared to what it has been the last few years.

Please tell me how many INT's group has gotten so far this year? Wynne has gotten 7 INT's Wynne's starting defense has only allowed 6 points. Our starting D has only played 8 quarters this year so there's no telling how many INt's we would had gotten.

walkingguy72396

Wynne's D, dropped 3 or more last Friday or the score could of gotten even more ugly.

justalionfan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on September 22, 2014, 10:09:26 am
Wynne's D, dropped 3 or more last Friday or the score could of gotten even more ugly.
Yeah they did. I am honestly glad that Blytheville is doing good. Can't wait to get in the stands friday night

warpath55

Isaac Kelly has 4, including 3 returned for touchdowns (one for 101 yds, one for 50 and another for 30). He dropped 2 last week against Marion.
Mekko Clark has 3 including 1 returned for a touchdown. (his was about 30 yds last week) He has dropped two this year.
Jordan Jackson has 1, and one that got called OB.

Our other Rover dropped two last week as well.  And we do it out of man coverage....much harder to achieve than when you are playing zone.

They usually drop at least 2-3 a game.  So technically we have 8...that's better than 7.  Our 1st defense has only given up 18 points.

warpath55

Also INT's does not a secondary make. It is about pass percentage, about coverage ability, run support, etc.  We knock a lot of balls down and force a TON of low percentage throws. When you are having to take shots down the field because it is the only option, and the db is running stride for stride with you, and it has to happen quick...you might give up a big play here or there, but for the most part (at least in HS) you win those battles on D. Not many qb's can put it exactly where it has to be.

Unfortunately for the Chicks, Wynne may have the kid who can. How's his ankle?

walkingguy72396

I have coverage that night, but if I'm free in time too start up that way, I just might.  Shame to miss a game that according to the record of the two teams.  Could show who's who in the 5A East.

walkingguy72396

Do not know, Not sure I'd say how his ankle is even If I knew.

Hoghead

wynnefootballfan

If the Jackets shore up there O line play, they control from start to finish. No doubt the Chicks have the athletes to score.

Jackets 45
Chicks 21

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 22, 2014, 01:37:28 am

Apparently Android Does.

justalionfan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 23, 2014, 01:55:22 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 22, 2014, 01:37:28 am

Apparently Android Does.
AT LEAST THEY ARE NOT SHOUTING!!!!!

FD4

The whole Wynne thing is built around the team concept.  If one player gets beat, the rest picks him up and just keeps on swinging.  Warpath, I like your posts, but as to the Rosa Fort thing, Wynne could have put over 100 on that bunch.  Their #1 offense was in negative yardage for the first half.  They did all their business against our #2's and #3's, which ripped em up pretty good as well.  No, the Rosa Fort game is no bench mark at all.  I will give the chicks a good nod, they should be ready for us, if their not, it will be short and sweet.  Our conditioning is as good as it gets.  These guys are in shape X3. And like I posted on the WM thread, these guys are on a mission.

GHS_08

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 22, 2014, 12:30:21 am

So far he is 35-54 470 yds with 4 tds 2 INT's. He is doing a good job.

Uncle Ivan

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on September 22, 2014, 10:45:16 am
I have coverage that night, but if I'm free in time too start up that way, I just might.  Shame to miss a game that according to the record of the two teams.  Could show who's who in the 5A East.

It will show who is better between Wynne and Blytheville.  There is another team in the East that you have forgotten about.

justalionfan

Wildhog14

10 hours till kickoff.. Should be a very electric atmosphere and game!!!

playmaker04

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 24, 2014, 06:26:11 pm
Quote from: walkingguy72396 on September 22, 2014, 10:45:16 am

It will show who is better between Wynne and Blytheville.  There is another team in the East that you have forgotten about.
Stop whining, we haven't forgotten about GCT! 😇

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas