• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Week 4 Top Ten Vote

Started by AT, September 19, 2014, 10:57:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DaOldRef

Maumelle needs to learn some consistancy, then believe in itself,  Physically, they have some potential.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: chaingang on September 21, 2014, 10:26:39 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 21, 2014, 02:12:48 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on September 21, 2014, 12:24:19 am
Quote from: Almatrackster on September 20, 2014, 02:18:29 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on September 20, 2014, 02:02:00 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on September 20, 2014, 11:31:51 am
Quote from: Oldbadger on September 20, 2014, 10:11:06 am
Quote from: HF on September 20, 2014, 12:53:51 am
Fan Of Hector

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Fairview
4. Batesville
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Blytheville
7. LR Christian
8. magnolia
9. Forrest City
10. Farmington
Can you spell "Greenbriar".  Learn it, they are good!!

I don't think you realize why, but I'm going to use this quote for my signature.
Guess not, enlighten me!

You spelled Greenbrier wrong.

Haha this is great

08. Greanbryar
Good thing Grog isn't voting in these polls....

Which is pretty close to how Grog would spell Greenbrier.

And Blytheville, for that matter.

Youngsta71701

Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne

3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Greenbrier
7. Blytheville
8. Farmington
9. Magnolia
10. LR Christian

The top 2 teams seem to be in a league of their own right now.
Outside Looking In: Maumelle

DogsWin7

Who is Grog??  I've never heard of him. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 22, 2014, 09:23:24 am

He is/was a very well-informed caveman who used to post here regularly.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 22, 2014, 09:25:02 am

He should come back!  I'm sorry I've never had the pleasure of reading his posts...it sounds like he was a great poster. :)

Steve Perry is still on hiatus somewhere too....it's sad when you get used to reading informative and unique posts by some and they no longer post.    They help add character and spark to the board.  :)

GuvHog

September 22, 2014, 09:35:36 am #56 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:39:45 am by GuvHog
Quote from: Hoghead on September 21, 2014, 01:13:54 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 20, 2014, 02:25:14 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2014, 08:33:21 am

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. CFHS
4. Batesville
5.Sylvan Hills
6. Greenbrier
7.Blytheville
8. Farmington
9. Magnolia
10. Watson Chapel*

Fan of Watson Chapel

*I'm keeping WC in at #10 until I see how they do in early conference play. They've played an extremely tough non conference schedule.
::)  Really?  I mean, I get that WC is probably better than their record shows, but putting an 0-3 team in your top ten?

So true !  LOL !!!!  We're Watson Chapel darn it ! We deserve a 10 spot because at 0-3 our schedule has been a tad bit tough. If you don't get your mammy made self over in thay corner and wait until you actually beat someone ! Here I'll throw you a bone, y'all number 11 in the top 10.

Don't knock it. WC made Nashville, a team that destroyed Hope earn every point they got and only lost by 9 in Nashville. That is a sign of significant improvement. If the Cats lose to Hot Springs this week, I will remove them completely.

RamFan06

Fan of Lakeside

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Fairview
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Batesville
6. Greenbrier
7. Maumelle
8. Blytheville
9. Farmington
10. Magnolia

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 20, 2014, 10:11:06 am
Quote from: HF on September 20, 2014, 12:53:51 am
Fan Of Hector

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Fairview
4. Batesville
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Blytheville
7. LR Christian
8. magnolia
9. Forrest City
10. Farmington
Can you spell "Greenbriar".  Learn it, they are good!!

Can they spell defense in Greenbrier? Granted I dont' follow 5A much outside of scores...But giving up 36 points a game doesn't give me much reason to believe in them yet...

Bluepanther86

Well, I don't think you understand how Football works.. If you're offense scores within 3 minutes everytime it has the Football your defense is going to get tired.. Against Beebe they only allowed two TD's with the starters in. Against Heber, heber did score but the second half they only scored once. Defensively they are solid yeah not showing it against a up tempo good Benton team, Benton changed they're tempo against GB an caught Brier off guard. So Greenbrier's defense only needs to truly stop a team 3 or 4 times a game to win. They have been able to do that other than Benton, but when your defense is on the field more than your offense that gives up more chances to be scored on.. @ HF

pantherblue

They want the ball and to out score teams. Defense is for teams that can't score. 

Bluepanther86

Agreed pantherblue, Greenbrier philosophy isn't to teams to a 14 point score or game... It's to outscore teams an have your defense hold the other team 3 or 4 times to allow your team to score.. Which honestly is how you win a game. An it doesn't even have to be 3 or 4 times it can be only twice an you still win. So if your offense scores on a average minute or two minutes a possession your defense is on the field practically the whole game compared to the offense..

Bluepanther86

Chief_Osceola™

Some good teams share that philosophy, namely Oregon. They are fun to watch, but you have to have some semblance of a defense to win a championship.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 22, 2014, 09:09:35 pm
Some good teams share that philosophy, namely Oregon. They are fun to watch, but you have to have some semblance of a defense to win a championship.
+1

Offense is flashy and draws the crowds, but you'll never win a title without a sound defense.

HorseFeathers

September 22, 2014, 09:31:45 pm #65 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:36:51 pm by HF

THIS

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on September 22, 2014, 08:33:37 pm
Well, I don't think you understand how Football works.. If you're offense scores within 3 minutes everytime it has the Football your defense is going to get tired.. Against Beebe they only allowed two TD's with the starters in. Against Heber, heber did score but the second half they only scored once. Defensively they are solid yeah not showing it against a up tempo good Benton team, Benton changed they're tempo against GB an caught Brier off guard. So Greenbrier's defense only needs to truly stop a team 3 or 4 times a game to win. They have been able to do that other than Benton, but when your defense is on the field more than your offense that gives up more chances to be scored on.. @ HF

I don't understand how football works? Defense wins championships, offense decides by how much.....How's your strategy work out for you at the state playoff level? Batesville has beaten you guys by 10+ 3 years in a row in the playoffs...you can run away from the average, mediocre teams, but you run into a team that can stop your offense...and usually lose.You guys are 5-27 since Tribble took over in games you score less than 35 in....I will give you this Greenbrier is a remarkable 39-2 in games you've reached the 35 point mark though...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 22, 2014, 09:29:27 am

He should come back!  I'm sorry I've never had the pleasure of reading his posts...it sounds like he was a great poster. :)

Steve Perry is still on hiatus somewhere too....it's sad when you get used to reading informative and unique posts by some and they no longer post.    They help add character and spark to the board.  :)

ah...uh, Steve, and Grog are kinfolk.

AT

Still two full days until the poll closes.

Teams that can't have any more fans vote:
Vilonia

Team that can only have one more fan vote:
Pulaski Academy
Camden Fairview
Blytheville
Wynne

Titan Spirit

Jacksonville

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Fairview
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Batesville
6. Blytheville
7. Farmington
8. LR Christian
9. Forrest City
10 Magnolia

pantherblue

Quote from: HF on September 22, 2014, 09:31:45 pm

THIS

I don't understand how football works? Defense wins championships, offense decides by how much.....How's your strategy work out for you at the state playoff level? Batesville has beaten you guys by 10+ 3 years in a row in the playoffs...you can run away from the average, mediocre teams, but you run into a team that can stop your offense...and usually lose.You guys are 5-27 since Tribble took over in games you score less than 35 in....I will give you this Greenbrier is a remarkable 39-2 in games you've reached the 35 point mark though...

Coach Tribble is going to play his underclassmen.  If Greenbrier gets up he puts them in and if they are out of the game he puts them in...   They could have scored many more points over the years and they could have held teams closer....   But a win is a win and a loss is a loss..  Doesn't matter if it's 1 point or 100....  Well in the points race I guess 13 is a good number!!  LOL

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 23, 2014, 01:56:49 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 22, 2014, 09:29:27 am

ah...uh, Steve, and Grog are kinfolk.
Hmmmmmm......Really?    In what relation?     

Who else is Steve related too?      He sure does "know" lots of people:)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pantherblue on September 23, 2014, 09:20:48 am
Quote from: HF on September 22, 2014, 09:31:45 pm

THIS

Coach Tribble is going to play his underclassmen.  If Greenbrier gets up he puts them in and if they are out of the game he puts them in...   They could have scored many more points over the years and they could have held teams closer....   But a win is a win and a loss is a loss..  Doesn't matter if it's 1 point or 100....  Well in the points race I guess 13 is a good number!!  LOL

Meh...It's Good for you guys on always willing to get the underclassmen some playing time. I still don't have you top ten :D...Keep winning and I might just keep you at #11 to bug you 8).

pantherblue

Doesn't bug me as you are in the minority in this poll lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pantherblue on September 23, 2014, 07:05:48 pm

darn...Ruined my night :D

InYoGrill

Quote from: HF on September 23, 2014, 08:35:09 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on September 23, 2014, 07:05:48 pm

darn...Ruined my night :D

Hahaha.... Panther Blue trying to shoot spit wads on FF. Don't scare me the blue kitty scream.  ;D

AT

You have basically 24 hours to turn in your poll. We have 23 pollsters already so a good number. Good job guys.

InYoGrill

Trackster MISS the 5A. We MISS Dale also.   :D

AT

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 24, 2014, 07:02:24 am

Trackster MISS the 5A. We MISS Dale also.   :D

Of course we do. It's not just football, I miss the conference in every sport. But Alma had the numbers to move up and have to "do their time". It's a good litmus test for our sports program too.

wildboy44

Camden Fairview fan

#1A. PA
#1B. Wynne
#3.    Batesville
#4.    Camden Fairview
#5.   SH
#6.   LRC
#7.   Blytheville
#8.   Magnolia
#9.   Maumelle
#10. Farmington

1A and 1B can be flipped. I will say this about CFV....the 3 teams we played in nonconference will be around in the last few weeks of high school football.

wynnefootballfan

Fan of Wynne

1. Wynne
2. P.A.
3. Camden Fairview
4.Batesville
5.Silvan Hills
6. little Rock Christian
7. Magnolia
8. Watson Chapel
9. Maumelle
10. Blytheville

I think 1 & 2 are neck in neck, as are 3 & 4.

AT

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on September 24, 2014, 11:53:36 am
Fan of Wynne

1. Wynne
2. P.A.
3. Camden Fairview
4.Batesville
5.Silvan Hills
6. little Rock Christian
7. Magnolia
8. Watson Chapel
9. Maumelle
10. Blytheville

I think 1 & 2 are neck in neck, as are 3 & 4.

His post history checks out. I'm going to bend the rules and let his poll count unless the masses don't want it.

Lionheart88

I'm shocked to see Watson Chapel as high as 8th, but other than that it looks like a pretty rational poll.

WPWells

My only question is "Who is 'silvan' Hills?"

AT

To be honest, WC has a chance to be the 2 seed in the South and I wouldn't be surprised. The Batesville game looms large, though.

Go Postal

Ending of Week 3 in non conference play of 32 5A teams, conference play starts next Friday...
1. 4A vs 5A Nashville (22)   Watson Chapel (13)   Final
2. 4A vs 5A Trumann (7)   Paragould (28)
3. 3A vs 5A Prescott (58)   Hope (38)
4. 4A vs 5A Malvern (34)   Hot Springs Lakeside (17)
5. 4A vs 5A Warren (21)   Pulaski Academy (50)
6. 5A vs 7A-6A Blytheville (51)   Marion (0)
7. 5A vs 4A Camden Fairview (28)   Pine Bluff Dollarway (20)
8. 5A vs 4A Clarksville (0z) Dardanelle (48)
9. 5A vs 4A DeQueen (14)   Ashdown (40)
10. 5A vs 7A-6A Farmington (42)   Van Buren (22)
11. 5A vs 4A Forrest City (34)   Helena-West Helena (33)
12. 5A vs 7A-6A Harrison (16)   Alma (53)
13. 5A vs 4A Hot Springs (13)   Arkadelphia (35)
14/15. 5A Little Rock Christian (38)   Jacksonville (10)
16. 5A vs 7A-6A Little Rock Fair (0)   Cabot (41)
17. 5A vs 4A Little Rock McClellan (21)   Lonoke (20)
18. 5A vs 4A Little Rock Mills (25)   Star City (56)
19. 5A vs 7A-6A Magnolia (12)   El Dorado (21)
20. 5A vs 4A   Maumelle (6)   Fountain Lake (6)
21. 5A vs 7A-6A   2014-09-19   Morrilton (35)   Searcy (28)
22. 5A vs 7A-6A   2014-09-19   Nettleton (35)   Mountain Home (8)
23. 5A vs 4A   2014-09-19   North Pulaski (0)   Pulaski Robinson (40)
24. 5A vs 4A   2014-09-19   Sylvan Hills (48)   Newport (9)
25. 5A vs 4A   2014-09-19   Valley View (28)   Central Arkansas Christian (49)
26/27. 5A   2014-09-19   Vilonia (20)   Beebe (13)
28. 5A vs 7A-6A   2014-09-19   Wynne (42)   West Memphis (12)
29. 7A-6A vs 5A   2014-09-19   Benton (52)   Greenbrier (32)
30. 7A-6A vs 5A   2014-09-19   Jonesboro (45)   Batesville (31)
31. 7A-6A vs 5A   2014-09-19   Sheridan (0)   White Hall (12)
32. Other vs 5A   2014-09-19   MO-Kennett (15)   Greene County Tech (39)

Rinse and repeat...
To tell the truth, I have no inspect of the first conference game for 5A for the top 10, many varibles.  You can go with who beat who on the 7A/6A vs 5A games, 5A vs 5a or the 5A vs 3A/4A/other games.  But this can mean nothing on Conference play.  But I will make this prediction...
1. Wynne (great score against a 7A/6A)
2. PA (good score against a 4A, maybe #3, see my next post).
3. Batesville (still my favorite 3rd place, losing to a 7A/6A team, maybe #2).
4. Camden Fairview (Still hanging in against a 4A team)
4. Sylvan Hills (nice win, but see the post below).
5. Greenbrier (had a loss to a 7A/6A team)
6. Farmington (had a good win against a 7A/6A team).
7. Blytheville (had a good win against a 7A/6A team)
8. Magnolia (moving up)
9. Maumelle  (new to the conference, tied last game.  see below)
10.  Harrison (still got good experience and moving the ball against a old now 6A rival.  Can Maumelle win the 1st West game, we will see).

AT

You accidentally ranked 11 teams Go Postal. I'm going to count your first 10 as your top 10 unless you want to change it. Thanks

AT

A little over an hour to vote if you want to get one in.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas