• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Helena at Forrest City

Started by farve4life, September 13, 2014, 06:48:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

farve4life

Forrest City shows how good they can play, scoring 28 points in the 4th quarter against Dollarway but can't win with 4 turnovers. The defense still needs work(tackling). Will this be the week they put it all together and have momentum going into conference or will West Helena carry their momentum from their big win and give the mustangs their 3rd loss?

Intelligentsia

playmaker04

Tough luck fc pulls this one out 41-37

chaingang

Quote from: farve4life on September 13, 2014, 06:48:15 pm
Forrest City shows how good they can play, scoring 28 points in the 4th quarter against Dollarway but can't win with 4 turnovers. The defense still needs work(tackling). Will this be the week they put it all together and have momentum going into conference or will West Helena carry their momentum from their big win and give the mustangs their 3rd loss?
I doubt you will put it all together this week if you don't know how to tackle......but i will pick the Stangs by 7.........49-42

westhelena1

Helena-West Helena has to play flawless football to win at a hostile Sam Smith Stadium. However, I believe that is what they will do. It won't be another 70-point effort though. Cougars 40 Mustangs 32

farve4life

I believe this is a must win for the Mustangs.  They need a confident boost going into conference.  If the defense has a solid game, I think the offense will keep rolling.(averaging over 500 yards a game)

hogwild_82

Forrest City looking for that first win against West Helena Central. IMO the Mustangs were better than the two previous teams they played, I just believe they have to play a full game. They do that, they win by as much as they want Friday. However, I have to see to believe it with these Mustangs.

They are still learning so I believe it will be close - FC 42    WHC 35

Defense better get there by next week because here comes conference play right around the corner!

Go Stangs!

walkingguy72396

Better ?  Can not answer that.  I still think, based on JV, JR High games I've seen Wynne and Forrest City play.  That the stangs can hang with any team.  If they play solid ball.

Played pretty even with West Memphis is the impression I got.  Will have to wait to pass judgment on the Blue Devils when they come to Wynne.

Played from behind in the Dollarway game.  Not sure what group of players Dollarway had in when the Stangs closed the gap.  If the starters were in then great come-back.  If second string was in.  Not so much credit.

I think Forrest City should win this week vs Helena West Helena by 3 scores.  If they do not.  Then I think they are going to be in trouble of missing a play-off spot.

MoChedda

ARE U SERIOUS? WIN BY THREE TOUCHDOWN C'MON MAN COUGARS WILL WIN BY 7

walkingguy72396

A beat down of Marianna and a loss to the same Dollarway team that Forrest City barely lost too.  Like I said, do not know the details of the Forrest City  come back. 
I'll need more info to convince me Helena West Helena could be concidered the favorite.

The 3 scores is more a reference to what Forrest City needs to put up to move back into thoughts of being a play-off team.

Jr high and JV games Wynne has played against both programs over the last 4 years is what I have too draw from.  Other than when Helena sent their 8th and 9th grade JV team to beat up on the Wynne 7th graders.  Helena has not done very well here in Wynne.

Do Forrest City and Helena West Helena, JV teams play much over the season?

I think Wynnes JV and Forrest City JV, play 3 to 4 times a season.

farve4life

If I'm not mistaken, Forrest City JV isn't all that good.  I'm not sure about the Jr. high, I just heard lots of 8th graders.

As far as the comeback on Dollarway, I don't remember their starters coming out at all.  They punt, turned it over, and lost an onside kick.  All leading to scores.  FC finally played ball like they are capable of and not committing penalties or turning it over.

Are the Mustangs capable of winning by 3 touchdowns: YES.
Are the Mustangs capable of losing another heart breaker: YES.

We will see which one shows up. Good Luck to both teams and safe travels!

walkingguy72396

I'm not really speaking about this years FC JV, Wynne smoked them, but half of those points were due too really poor snaps that killed FC drives or out and out turn overs.

MoChedda

I can't believe that the refs cheated those kids the way they did. I have seen some of the worst refs but tonight took the cake. It was a shame to cheat like that it wasn't one call it was several call too many to count. Go Cougars

justalionfan

Quote from: MoChedda on September 19, 2014, 10:34:05 pm
I can't believe that the refs cheated those kids the way they did. I have seen some of the worst refs but tonight took the cake. It was a shame to cheat like that it wasn't one call it was several call too many to count. Go Cougars
Sounds like the same refs that officallate the Wynne HWH game last year. HWH sure had home cooking last year but Wynne still pulled it off

walkingguy72396

Did the same crew officiate both the Wynne and Forrest City games?  The West Memphis fans were saying much the same thing.

MoChedda

I don't know who they are but as men they should be ashamed to call a game they way they did. For example has anybody ever seen a ref pick up a flag and wave it off for holding after the team scores a touchdown! Pitiful

justalionfan

Quote from: MoChedda on September 19, 2014, 11:57:35 pm
I don't know who they are but as men they should be ashamed to call a game they way they did. For example has anybody ever seen a ref pick up a flag and wave it off for holding after the team scores a touchdown! Pitiful
Yes

westhelena1

I don't normally blame officiating for losses. And there were times when we could have made plays and we didn't. We still had chances to win the game inspite of it. Our kids played hard in a hostile road environment with a large, loud crowd. However, if anyone that was there is honest, they will agree that Forrest City can't say a word about Helena's crime rate after the highway robbery we witnessed tonight. That kind of theft would be a felony in most jurisdictions.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas