• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beebe at Vilonia

Started by InYoGrill, September 13, 2014, 06:46:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2 teams needing a win BAD before conference play.

V rolls BB into the turf-  31-13
4 (22.2%)
BB rolls V into the turf- 24- 10
9 (50%)
Both teams struggle with 5 fumbles each and tie 7-7
4 (22.2%)
V opens in spread and ends up winning by 25
1 (5.6%)
BB goes for it on every 4th down (3 ypc-Cabot style)& onside kicks after every score to win
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

InYoGrill

Glad to see this game every year. Two great towns and run dominated teams that are usually 4th seeded playoff teams at the end. Both teams lately have had some good years and some not so good. Both starting out the season with some thumper losses. This game will be close and a very hard hitting match up. Team with fewest to's wins.

Intelligentsia

The Future

pantherblue

Beebe is pretty big and has a big running back. I'll have to say Badgers 28 red birds 20

neweagle

I say the Eagles lose another game Beebe 35, vtown 20. I also say the Eagles will continue their downward spiral with multiple un-sportsman like penalties since they cannot even make it through a weeks practice without getting into a fight on the field in front of the coaches. So sad!  :(

Vteagle

Pulling for the Eagles!!! Question.....do the Eagles score more points, or have more personal foul penalties?

Mattison

Quote from: Vteagle on September 14, 2014, 06:42:02 pm
Pulling for the Eagles!!! Question.....

Ditto, Would like to see Vilonia win this one.  Lots of negative comments (even from folks that look to be from there)!  Wonder if any coaches or admins read this stuff?  Vilonia has a lot of good kids, they just have to prove it on the field.  Earn some respect. There are other ways of doing that besides just winning games.

WingLover4Life

I'm pickin Beebe by 7! Here is the questions of the hour: What has happen to VTown over the last five years to cause such turmoil?

Mattison

One word:   "Distractions"

WingLover4Life

What kind of Distractions are we talking bout?

Vteagle

This answer does not imply that Vilonia will or would have gone on to win anymore games or titles for that matter...."distractions", Vtown teams, past and present seem to have gotten good at personal foul penalties! A constant theme that continues to haunt them which leads one to believe the coaching staff condones,  as it has continued to go on!  Clean it up Eagles! Hope this provides insight? Go Eagles, play fair, play hard....do a better job of representing yourselves, coaches, team community!!!! Now lets get back to Beebe/Vtown predictions!

Jayepea

Tonight's JV game; GB beat V a lot 2 a little, but it was nice to a bunch of Vs starters on the sidelines rooten em on. Boooo Greenbrier.

Jayepea

Vteagle

Awesome article there on Houston Cotton!! Glad to see he has moved on with his life! What a positive role model!!!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Vteagle on September 19, 2014, 07:02:18 am
Awesome article there on Houston Cotton!! Glad to see he has moved on with his life! What a positive role model!!!

+1- yes very well written and a tribute to a strong young man doing great things.

DogsWin7

Quote from: WingLover4Life on September 15, 2014, 12:41:19 pm
What kind of Distractions are we talking bout?

Intriguing question....but expected....you like distractions?  :)

I hope V wins!   I like seven!:)

Vteagle

My bold prediction for the game tonight....both teams are 0-fer the season! Similar types of offense, Doub wing, Dead-T! To run these types of offense you have to have size and discipline.....V-town has neither!  Unless BB turns the ball over a bunch, which they have been known to do, I see a 35-21 BB win! C'mon Eagles, prove me wrong!!!

VHSCoach2

My alma mater (Beebe) vs. My employer (Vilonia).

When I was in high school in the not-so-distant past (2005 season-2008 season), Vilonia beat Beebe 3 out of the 4 years. 2005 was 29-22, 2006 was 31-7, 2008 was 19-14. Vilonia lead 41-18 at halftime in 2007 before Beebe came back and won 46-41.

Since then, in my college years (2009 season-2012 season), Vilonia won 35-24 in 2009, 41-14 in 2010, Beebe won 27-24 in 2011, and Vilonia won 32-0 in 2012.

Last year was my first year being employed by Vilonia, Beebe won 21-13.

Long story short, my loyalties have obviously changed because of my job, but I always want Beebe to have as successful season as possible in every game other than the one against Vilonia.

Hoping for a great contest from both teams tonight!

vtowneagles

Beebe wins this game 34-21! Prove me wrong eagles!

vtowneagles

Bout time vilonia wins! It was UGLY but a win is a win! Maybe they will ride it to Clarksville and start conference 1-0   

InYoGrill

Eagles fought hard tonight for the Victory. Some good blocking from the O line and hard running by several backs. V could have won this game by 21 if not for all the fumbles and penalties.  #2 blew up the starting qb for BB early in the game. BB always has a very good playmaker at that position but with him out that severely limited BB's game. Great crowds on both side. Super bands and just a good ole tough school grind out game on the ground from both schools.

Go Eagles!

Jayepea

Does anyone know how the official is doing?

Vteagle

Haven't heard about the official or BB QB, many thoughts and prayers go out to both of them!! Eagles proved me wrong tonight and I like it! Can someone, anybody explain to me, how or why the officials start calling "chop blocking" on Vilonia(any team in this case)in the middle of the third Qtr, when it had been happening the entire game......BTW, Vilonia was on DEFENSE? Help me out!!! Eagles much improved on penalties tonight and the outcome was accordingly!!! So glad I was wrong about my prediction!! Go Eagles!

nomorewhining

"chop" blocking is not the same as "cut" blocking...Cut blocks are legal in the free blocking zone..."chop" blocks are when someone blocks low while someone else is engaging up high...15 yards

InYoGrill

Quote from: nomorewhining on September 20, 2014, 12:43:21 pm
"chop" blocking is not the same as "cut" blocking...Cut blocks are legal in the free blocking zone..."chop" blocks are when someone blocks low while someone else is engaging up high...15 yards

Thanks for the explanation Coach. We had 2 penalties for that on D and one on O in the second half.

Are you coaching elsewhere these days?  Another Q, were you the head coach or asst on those Dollarway teams that won many state championships back years ago. I'm curious if you feel like answering. thanks

nomorewhining

Not coaching this year.....refereeing

I was the offensive coordinator for the 1988,89,90,92 state champions....head coach of the 93 champions

sevenof400

One conclusion that seems apparent with respect to this game - it's hard for even the most optimistic fan of either team to have a lot of hope for postseason play this year. 

perviseagle

Vilonia's D 1 players will have to step it up.

InYoGrill

Quote from: perviseagle on September 21, 2014, 11:18:22 am
Vilonia's D 1 players will have to step it up.

Hey Pervis, good to hear from you. D1?  :)

Metalhead

Quote from: Jayepea on September 19, 2014, 11:08:08 pm
He suffered an Aortic Aneurysm and had like a 7 hour open Heart surgery in Little Rock that started around 2:30 the next morning.
Currently on Dialysis, paralysis in both Legs, getting a blood transfusion, and in a lot of pain. Was scheduled to see a Neurologist today but I do not know the outcome.
Lots of prayers are needed.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Metalhead on September 22, 2014, 03:08:44 pm
He suffered an Aortic Aneurysm and had like a 7 hour open Heart surgery in Little Rock that started around 2:30 the next morning.
Currently on Dialysis, paralysis in both Legs, getting a blood transfusion, and in a lot of pain. Was scheduled to see a Neurologist today but I do not know the outcome.

Thanks for the update Metalhead. Are you an official as well? Prayers for sure for him.

PWDad

I was told the official was a very young man, 29. I certainly hope he has a full recovery

Jayepea

I know it didn't look good when he went down. When they were carting him off he sure gave a big thumbs up. What great spirt, hope he makes a full recovery.

Metalhead

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 22, 2014, 03:29:51 pm

Thanks for the update Metalhead. Are you an official as well? Prayers for sure for him.
You're welcome and yes I am.

Metalhead

Quote from: Metalhead on September 22, 2014, 10:52:32 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on September 22, 2014, 03:29:51 pm

You're welcome and yes I am.
Update:he is getting feeling back in his legs and Kidneys are working at 25% now. Hopefully will be able to be moved to the rehab Hospital in a few days. Please continue to pray!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: nomorewhining on September 20, 2014, 04:29:15 pm
Not coaching this year.....refereeing

I was the offensive coordinator for the 1988,89,90,92 state champions....head coach of the 93 champions
do you run up and down the field or pretty much stand in one place and throw flags?

nomorewhining

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas