• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Jonesboro

Started by Intelligentsia, September 13, 2014, 09:26:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chaingang

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2014, 09:41:14 am
Quote from: chaingang on September 20, 2014, 09:26:49 am
Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2014, 08:13:49 am
Quote from: chaingang on September 20, 2014, 07:48:28 am
Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2014, 06:45:54 am
Quote from: chaingang on September 20, 2014, 01:04:36 am
Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2014, 11:18:19 pm
Quote from: chaingang on September 19, 2014, 11:11:03 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2014, 05:51:08 pm
Quote from: chaingang on September 19, 2014, 05:37:13 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2014, 01:18:02 pm
Quote from: chaingang on September 19, 2014, 01:14:28 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 17, 2014, 09:26:28 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 17, 2014, 08:22:25 pm
Quote from: FD4 on September 17, 2014, 11:11:03 am
You know, I really see the B vs J game much like Leonard vs Hagler.  Two very good, well matched, well coached opponents looking to get that one shot inside that will seal the deal.  Should be a great game to watch.  As for Wynne, all I can say is this, The scrimmage against Searcy, laughable, no bench mark there.  The two games in the books, could have, If coach Hill was heartless, blanked the opponent and could have scored 100 on both teams.  But, you always have the guys needing to get in the game.  We have not been tested yet.  Looking forward to an opponent that will match up better. And I mean no disrespect to anyone anywhere, those are just the facts.

I really hope that we keep Jonesboro on our schedule - both programs are in good shape and it's a nice close game for both team's fans.  Given the current status of the programs and Jonesboros advantage in numbers, I suspect they will win 70% of the time, but the games should be competive.

I wish we would add Wynne back to our schedule, both Batesville and Wynne are top programs and close. We dropped Wynne and Blytheville wanting to schedule 7A teams to prepare us for the playoffs, unfortunately, playing Conway and Fayetteville didn't/hasn't brought any victories. Now that way play NLR, Central, and Cabot, we don't need the non-conference 7A teams. I guess the hold up is we always want to open at ASU every year. I'm sure VV will opt-out of the opening game after next year, maybe Wynne would be willing to be the opening game opponent.
I hope and pray we never schedule Jonesboro again...ever. They catch us down and out and drop us like a bad habit , and the excuse was we need to pick up better competition.......that being said, they go on to schedule Tech, Raiders and now Happy Valley. I'm sure the gates were good but i say Wynne travels just as good as they do......personally i hope you get stuck with West Side and Brookland the rest of your existence, it will serve you guys right. I would rather travel and play South Panola or LR Central than come back your way, or i like playing Batesville 3 times too...
Somebody's feelings got hurt, haha.....
Youre right ......in a 14 year span , Wynne was 11-2 and 1, there were alot of feelings hurt in Jonesboro.

What century was that?
The one that ValleyView didn't play Football in.

Nice to cheery pick what you need to, I have no idea when VV started football.
VV started football 8 years ago.....Any reason Jonesboro needs them on the schedule is far from my undersanding........oh I forgot.....you guys needed the non-conference competition to help you play in 6A....I'm sorry I forgot. How did that Sacrificial Lamb Blood taste ?

I guess you're too stupid to understand what a crosstown game is? We play the first game against an area team at ASU in front of 8000-10000, when you can get that many interested in watching Wynne, give me a call. We replaced you with Conway on our schedule, definite improvement.
I bet you any amount you want......the Conway gate was never as large as the Wynne gate.....we never  opened with you guys it was usually the 2nd or 3rd game.....i hope you get lots more crosstown rivals down the road to.......like Cash and Bono.  The Stupid one drooped us from the Canes schedule....

Conway fills up the stands, we have to put their 250 member band on temporary seats. They are the second game, try reading the schedule.
That's a great ideal......we need to schedule Conway next year if they fill up the stands.....Because for sure the Hurry Cains never ever filled up our stands. Please come to week 7 and watch us play Batesville.....and get here early so you can call me '' STUPID '' to my face.....I would love it !

Alma Sonic?? The last time Wynne played in Jonesboro, there weren't too many on that side, I don't think your side was full when we played down there. Why would I care about Wynne/Batesville?
In the words of one of your Assisant Superintendents....''Wynne brings the best gate of anybody we play.....now if you want to call him a liar I will PM you his name.....and you are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other one if you think Wynne didn't fill your stands.....but you think you know it all anyway. I still want you to come and call me Stupid to my face.

ricepig

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on September 20, 2014, 10:41:13 am
I think it was all about trying to keep Jonesboro money in Jonesboro.  Seems as if ASU, used to the site of more than one Friday night game.  Where did the Batesville game take place?

JHS, we've opened up at ASU for the last 9 years, several times the games were on Tuesday nights of the opening week drawing from every local school for a crowd. ASU has had a game or two out there besides Jonesboro's, I think Westside played out there once, maybe twice.

ricepig

Quote from: chaingang on September 20, 2014, 10:46:55 am
Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2014, 09:41:14 am
Quote from: chaingang on September 20, 2014, 09:26:49 am
Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2014, 08:13:49 am
Quote from: chaingang on September 20, 2014, 07:48:28 am
Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2014, 06:45:54 am
Quote from: chaingang on September 20, 2014, 01:04:36 am
Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2014, 11:18:19 pm
Quote from: chaingang on September 19, 2014, 11:11:03 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2014, 05:51:08 pm
Quote from: chaingang on September 19, 2014, 05:37:13 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2014, 01:18:02 pm
Quote from: chaingang on September 19, 2014, 01:14:28 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 17, 2014, 09:26:28 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 17, 2014, 08:22:25 pm
Quote from: FD4 on September 17, 2014, 11:11:03 am
You know, I really see the B vs J game much like Leonard vs Hagler.  Two very good, well matched, well coached opponents looking to get that one shot inside that will seal the deal.  Should be a great game to watch.  As for Wynne, all I can say is this, The scrimmage against Searcy, laughable, no bench mark there.  The two games in the books, could have, If coach Hill was heartless, blanked the opponent and could have scored 100 on both teams.  But, you always have the guys needing to get in the game.  We have not been tested yet.  Looking forward to an opponent that will match up better. And I mean no disrespect to anyone anywhere, those are just the facts.

I really hope that we keep Jonesboro on our schedule - both programs are in good shape and it's a nice close game for both team's fans.  Given the current status of the programs and Jonesboros advantage in numbers, I suspect they will win 70% of the time, but the games should be competive.

I wish we would add Wynne back to our schedule, both Batesville and Wynne are top programs and close. We dropped Wynne and Blytheville wanting to schedule 7A teams to prepare us for the playoffs, unfortunately, playing Conway and Fayetteville didn't/hasn't brought any victories. Now that way play NLR, Central, and Cabot, we don't need the non-conference 7A teams. I guess the hold up is we always want to open at ASU every year. I'm sure VV will opt-out of the opening game after next year, maybe Wynne would be willing to be the opening game opponent.
I hope and pray we never schedule Jonesboro again...ever. They catch us down and out and drop us like a bad habit , and the excuse was we need to pick up better competition.......that being said, they go on to schedule Tech, Raiders and now Happy Valley. I'm sure the gates were good but i say Wynne travels just as good as they do......personally i hope you get stuck with West Side and Brookland the rest of your existence, it will serve you guys right. I would rather travel and play South Panola or LR Central than come back your way, or i like playing Batesville 3 times too...
Somebody's feelings got hurt, haha.....
Youre right ......in a 14 year span , Wynne was 11-2 and 1, there were alot of feelings hurt in Jonesboro.

What century was that?
The one that ValleyView didn't play Football in.

Nice to cheery pick what you need to, I have no idea when VV started football.
VV started football 8 years ago.....Any reason Jonesboro needs them on the schedule is far from my undersanding........oh I forgot.....you guys needed the non-conference competition to help you play in 6A....I'm sorry I forgot. How did that Sacrificial Lamb Blood taste ?

I guess you're too stupid to understand what a crosstown game is? We play the first game against an area team at ASU in front of 8000-10000, when you can get that many interested in watching Wynne, give me a call. We replaced you with Conway on our schedule, definite improvement.
I bet you any amount you want......the Conway gate was never as large as the Wynne gate.....we never  opened with you guys it was usually the 2nd or 3rd game.....i hope you get lots more crosstown rivals down the road to.......like Cash and Bono.  The Stupid one drooped us from the Canes schedule....

Conway fills up the stands, we have to put their 250 member band on temporary seats. They are the second game, try reading the schedule.
That's a great ideal......we need to schedule Conway next year if they fill up the stands.....Because for sure the Hurry Cains never ever filled up our stands. Please come to week 7 and watch us play Batesville.....and get here early so you can call me '' STUPID '' to my face.....I would love it !

Alma Sonic?? The last time Wynne played in Jonesboro, there weren't too many on that side, I don't think your side was full when we played down there. Why would I care about Wynne/Batesville?
In the words of one of your Assisant Superintendents....''Wynne brings the best gate of anybody we play.....now if you want to call him a liar I will PM you his name.....and you are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other one if you think Wynne didn't fill your stands.....but you think you know it all anyway. I still want you to come and call me Stupid to my face.

Please feel free to PM the name, Dr. Skelton wasn't at JHS the last time Wynne played at Jonesboro. Feel free to drive up, same distance.

btownbomber

I thought this was a Jonesboro/Batesville thread? Speaking of which, Batesville kinda got spanked by the Canes. Too big, too fast and too un-Searcy like for the DK'ers to handle. You might want to try and get the mighty Bombers back on the schedule so you can be undefeated going into the mighty 5A Least next year. Better get back to Greenwood now.
The_Greenwoody! ;D ;D

The_Pioneer

btownbomber

MDXPHD

Quote from: btownbomber on September 21, 2014, 05:53:30 pm
I thought this was a Jonesboro/Batesville thread? Speaking of which, Batesville kinda got spanked by the Canes. Too big, too fast and too un-Searcy like for the DK'ers to handle. You might want to try and get the mighty Bombers back on the schedule so you can be undefeated going into the mighty 5A Least next year. Better get back to Greenwood now.
The_Greenwoody! ;D ;D

You done? 

Intelligentsia

Good First Half By Both Teams With A Strong Finish By Jonesboro.  A Good Learning Experience For Both Teams.  Good Luck To Jonesboro!!  Hope You Have A Great Season. Now Lets Move On To A New Thread:)

btownbomber

September 22, 2014, 06:21:14 pm #58 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:23:11 pm by btownbomber
Quote from: MDXPHD on September 21, 2014, 10:15:51 pm
Quote from: btownbomber on September 21, 2014, 05:53:30 pm
The_Greenwoody! ;D ;D

You done?
Uh....Not hardly! ;D Are You?
The_Greenwoody ;D ;D

The_Pioneer

Grond

Meanwhile, back to football.....

Again, another smart move by the Batesville coaches: Play a good, competitive Jonesboro team before conferance games start.  Find your weaknesses, and insure that your team will NOT be surprised by the speed of your first conference opponent.

So many of us in the 5A East WANT to beat Batesville so bad. But "want", "hope", and "luck" are not part of the Pioneer strategy. That is part of why they win.

btownbomber

The_Pioneer

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Grond on September 23, 2014, 09:26:25 am

So many of us in the 5A East WANT to beat Batesville so bad. But "want", "hope", and "luck" are not part of the Pioneer strategy. That is part of why they win.

btownbomber

September 24, 2014, 08:06:47 pm #64 Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:08:57 pm by btownbomber
Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 23, 2014, 06:44:51 pm

That was funny in third grade, must be tough being 16 and in third grade. Batesville schools must be doing a bang up job! ;D
The_Greenwoody ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas