• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A West Boys

Started by Cajun Hog, August 05, 2015, 08:45:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 15, 2015, 12:30:22 pm
Man I'm ready to be back in the 5A . This board has more quality basketball post.

The 6A board sucks in both FB and BB..

Fewer teams and less interest..

I've lost my zeal the last two years...

sevenof400

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on December 15, 2015, 01:41:11 pm
Quote from: P.F.G. on December 15, 2015, 12:30:22 pm
Man I'm ready to be back in the 5A . This board has more quality basketball post.

The 6A board sucks in both FB and BB..

Fewer teams and less interest..

I've lost my zeal the last two years...

You sure it's just your zeal?   ;D

Steve Perry 2.11

P.F.G.

People tend to get butt*hurt more often in the 6A board.

sevenof400

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 16, 2015, 09:35:19 am
People tend to get butt*hurt more often in the 6A board.

I think the 5A requires a sense of humor, after all we had to put up with TT all those years......  ;D

P.F.G.

Well more than 16 teams helps out.

MDXPHD

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 16, 2015, 06:08:16 pm
Well more than 16 teams helps out.

That and having fans from Hope on here.

P.F.G.

They will quiet down next year. A lot of new accounts started after they started winning.

MDXPHD

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 17, 2015, 10:34:54 am
They will quiet down next year. A lot of new accounts started after they started winning.

I don't want them to quiet down. It brings unlimited entertainment to the board.

VHSCoach2

Vilonia boys beat Jacksonville Lighthouse in the Battle at the Brier Tournament last night, 70-60.

They play Greenbrier tonight and Russellville tomorrow to finish out the tourny.

Go Postal

Goblins old local rival 6A Mtn Home comes to Harrison tonight.  Always a great game.

Go Postal

Mtn Home @ Harrison

Goblins 18
Bombers 9

End of 1st

Go Postal

Goblins 36
Bombers 23

Half

Go Postal

Goblins 51
Bombers 29

End of 3rd

InYoGrill

All these Dale posters on the 5A board. Hilarious! When we all meeting up again at the end of season Alama Dome??

Go Postal

Goblins 59
Bombers 42

Final.  Cool to see the Goblin Baseball team get their State rings at half.

Go Postal

This is the first time that I got to see the Goblins in live action.  I thought that they were pretty dang good.  But then I remembered that they were just Juniors and Sophomores and I got a big Goblin grin on my face on thinking of how very good they can become.

2015 5A Baseball State Champions getting their rings...

Steve Perry and sevenof400, I have to say that the "Spook House" just wasn't the same since the AAA put the kabosh on the Goblin Student antics, Dang it.  But they did put up some nice blue banners in the gym to go along with the silent, well behaved student section.  I thought I was in Alma without the soft seats. ;D

I was surprised at the cool new Goblin water bottles that we had at the concession.  IYG, if you come up to Harrison, I will be glad to fill yours with that special yellow water that pantherblue told me to give you.  LOL!

sevenof400

Wait a second here....

Quote from: Go Postal on December 18, 2015, 10:09:04 pm
Steve Perry and sevenof400, I have to say that the "Spook House" just wasn't the same since the AAA put the kabosh on the Goblin Student antics, Dang it.  But they did put up some nice blue banners in the gym to go along with the silent, well behaved student section.  I thought I was in Alma without the soft seats. ;D

When (and how) did this come down?  That's sad. 

Cajun Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 19, 2015, 07:44:42 am
Wait a second here....

The 5A West AD's came up all these rules that students had to seat in certain area only and can't have a pulse to be in the student section. 

VHSCoach2

Vilonia boys beat Greenbrier, 47-35, in the Battle at the Brier Tournament last night. The Eagles' final game of the tourny is this afternoon against Russellville (who lost to Jacksonville Lighthouse 71-70 in OT last night).

sevenof400

Quote from: Cajun Hog on December 19, 2015, 10:39:46 am
Wait a second here....

The 5A West AD's came up all these rules that students had to seat in certain area only and can't have a pulse to be in the student section.

Oh man, let's just kill the crowds at these games.  Geez. 

I miss the Harrison student section already. 

InYoGrill

December 19, 2015, 01:02:45 pm #71 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:14:08 am by InYoGrill
This is the first time that I got to see the Goblins in live action.  I thought that they were pretty dang good.  But then I remembered that they were just Juniors and Sophomores and I got a big Goblin grin on my face on thinking of how very good they can become.

2015 5A Baseball State Champions getting their rings...

I was surprised at the cool new Goblin water bottles that we had at the concession.  IYG, if you come up to Harrison, I will be glad to fill yours with that special yellow water that pantherblue told me to give you.  LOL!

Just ran 7 cold miles in the heart of Conway. Go ahead and gimme a slug of that tart lemonade.  ;D ;D

InYoGrill

December 19, 2015, 01:04:30 pm #72 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:12:30 am by InYoGrill
Wait a second here....

Very sad. Boo!! Geez what is up with all this lets sit in our seats like 90 year olds and act like we are at a choir concert. Killing the spirit of high school teams and their student body!

VHSCoach2

Vilonia boys lost to Russellville, 57-33, on the final day in the Battle at the Brier Tournament earlier today.

P.F.G.

Well maybe y'all can compete with our sportmanship banners soon. Alma has been a dead student section for years. Hard to shake the building in the arena. Makes me almost miss crabtree. Almost

PercussionMan

Quote from: Baller100 on November 15, 2015, 11:04:34 pm
How good are the Morrilton boys suppose to be this year? I've heard good and bad things about them.

I haven't seen them this year....they've lost a lot of good players from last year and the year before.  I assume the typical "Jekyll and Hyde" scenario that usually looms around the program, based on a few things I've heard from fans that have seen them already.

Cajun Hog

1/8/16   Friday
LRCA           At   Clarksville
Maumelle   At   Farmington
Morrilton   At   Greenbrier
Vilonia   At   Harrison

Go Postal

January 05, 2016, 10:16:59 pm #77 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:28:03 am by Go Postal
With Harrison's win over Russellville tonight puts the Golden Goblins at 10-4 going in to conference play.  Their losses were to 7A North Little Rock, 5A Hot Springs, Ozark MO and 6A El Dorado.  Not too shabby for this young Sophomore/Junior laden team. 

Veagles at Spook House on Friday. ;D

Elvis Hoggoblin

January 05, 2016, 11:08:20 pm #78 Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:12:29 pm by Elvis Hoggoblin
Goblins are 10-4

Go Postal

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on January 05, 2016, 11:08:20 pm
Goblins are 10-4
Fixed that.  I missed the Harrison win over Springdale HarBer game.

VHSCoach2

Vilonia boys beat Batesville in the final non-conference game of the season last night. The score was 67-58.

MDXPHD

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 06, 2016, 07:09:52 am
Vilonia boys beat Batesville in the final non-conference game of the season last night. The score was 67-58.

Are Vilonia's boys down this year? The girls seem to be down.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 06, 2016, 09:34:50 am

Truthfully, I've only seen the senior high boys play once in person this season.  I've followed their results on MaxPreps. Perhaps someone who has seen them more could answer your question better.  Perhaps sevenof400.

As for the girls, almost the same. I've only seen them play twice in person. I think the injury bug has bitten, but again, someone with more knowledge than I could provide a better answer.

Gob-Fan

I heard the rankings came out for HS basketball......where can I find the list?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Gob-Fan on January 06, 2016, 11:37:28 am

I think it was in yesterday's Gazette.

Ponca

Quote from: Go Postal on January 06, 2016, 06:30:27 am
Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on January 05, 2016, 11:08:20 pm
Goblins are 10-4
Fixed that.  I missed the Harrison win over Springdale HarBer game.

technically that game didn't count. It was a benefit game. But as I've seen over the years, if you win the game you count it, if you don't win the game you don't count it. I guarantee you Harber doesn't figure that game in their W-L record.

Ponca

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 06, 2016, 12:02:08 pm
Quote from: Gob-Fan on January 06, 2016, 11:37:28 am

I think it was in yesterday's Gazette.

BOYS
1. LR Fair 10-2
2. Hot Springs 11-2
3. Mills 9-4
4. Maumelle 10-1
5. Forrest City 8-3
6. Magnolia 6-1

GIRLS
1. Hot Springs 11-0
2. Nettleton 12-1
3. Batesville 10-1
4. Watson Chapel 10-3
5. PA 8-3
6. Greene County Tech 7-7

Redfiretruck

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 06, 2016, 09:34:50 am

To answer, Vilonia boys are very down this year. Lost 3 starters and 2 bench players. Lost a lot of depth over the offseason. Really only 2 offensive threats. Will be interesting to see what Goers can get out of these kids in a very tough conference.

Cajun Hog

January 12, 2016, 09:30:07 am #88 Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:27:47 pm by Cajun Hog
Tuesday 1-12-16

Clarksville   At   Morrilton
Harrison   At   Farmington
Greenbrier   At   LRCA
Maumelle  At   Vilonia

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Cajun Hog on January 12, 2016, 09:30:07 am
Tuesday 1-12-16

Clarksville   At   Morrilton
Harrison   At   Farmington
Greenbrier   At   LRCA
Vilonia   At   Maumelle

Vilonia is the home team tonight  :)

Go Postal

1-12-16 Goblins at Cardinals live stream link below..

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gobtvfootball

Cajun Hog

1/26/16   Tue.   
       LRCA    At   Vilonia
Clarksville    At   Harrison
Farmington At   Morrilton
Maumelle    At   Greenbrier

Go Postal

Color Day at the Spook House.  GOB TV live link below...

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 10
Clarksville Lady Panthers 8

end of 1

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 22
Clarksville Lady Panthers 20

Half.

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 26
Clarksville Lady Panthers 20

end of 3

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 32
Clarksville Lady Panthers 29

Final.  Great 3pt try by Clarksville at buzzer to tie it up.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 16
Clarksville Panthers 16

end of 1.

Jock

WILD, crazy game in Vilonia tonight!

23 personal fouls called by this ref crew in the first 12 minutes. 27 in the 1st half. Both teams literally may not have enuf players to finish the game, given the HV playing time rules. NEVER seen a game called this lousy by a ref crew, hurting both teams.

30-25. Vilonia. Halftime.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 29
Clarksville Panthers 27

Half.  Clarksville hits 3pt at the buzzer.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas