• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jobs open and potential candidates

Started by BLUEBLOOD, May 20, 2015, 02:59:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEBLOOD

UA job has its own thread, so let's stick to high school here.

In southwest AR, Nashville job is open.  Coach Ernest took a head football position at another school (Gentry, maybe?).

ST

heard a "rumor" that Bryant is open. Have not seen anything factual as of yet.

3sportkid

Arkansas Tech assistant coach is open

Runfastturnleft

Heard Monticello,  White Hall,  and Bryant possibly.   

Lionheart88

If White Hall is open, I'd be shocked if we didn't promote from within.  Everyone I've heard express an opinion on our varsity assistant/head JV coach has had nothing but good things to say about him, he's an outstanding coach.

baller72

Star City, Dumas, possibly Watson Chapel, Spring Hill

pdj

jacosportsfreak

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 20, 2015, 10:15:10 pm
If White Hall is open, I'd be shocked if we didn't promote from within.  Everyone I've heard express an opinion on our varsity assistant/head JV coach has had nothing but good things to say about him, he's an outstanding coach.

Coach Akins would definitely be the right move, if the spot is available.

skydiver

Rumor I'm hearing is that the BEST AA team to miss the state tournament may be looking for a coach as well. I'm hearing Hutson at Woodlawn may be moving on to other opportunities.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: skydiver on May 21, 2015, 09:53:23 pm
Rumor I'm hearing is that the BEST AA team to miss the state tournament may be looking for a coach as well. I'm hearing Hutson at Woodlawn may be moving on to other opportunities.

I didn't know if that was public knowledge rumor mill yet.  I had heard it.  Good school with softball tradition.  Good coach too. 

CMhawgtracks

rbhs8990

Heard the Spring Hill coach is going to Bald Knob....

searkhogfan

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on May 22, 2015, 10:30:23 am
Quote from: skydiver on May 21, 2015, 09:53:23 pm

I didn't know if that was public knowledge rumor mill yet.  I had heard it.  Good school with softball tradition.  Good coach too. 

Best Wishes to him. If true

old dawg

Spring Hill is open. Finley to Bald Knob. Reported by several papers today. As for other openings... The coach of the best team in AA not to make the state tournament would be a great hire for any team. Woodlawn would miss him. He gets the best out of his kids most days. Just hit a bad streak at the end of this year. Other possibilities... I hear assistant at White Hall promoted, Bryant could possibly be open, and a couple of others will be announced this week...just wait and see.

NEASPORTSFAN

searkhogfan

The word at Woodlawn is that he isn't leaving.  But if he does who could blame him.

old dawg

Are you kidding... Who could blame him? He has good support and great facilities. What he has done there is exceptional. All of you that support Woodlawn softball better set up a "gofundme" account like the Seahawks fans did for Russell Wilson. Hutson is a fantastic coach and his teams play hard and are hard to beat.

searkhogfan

I said who could blame him because it's closer to home, his family & his wife's.  If he leaves, who could blame. If he does someone else will take his place.  Simple as that.

skydiver

I wouldn't blame him if he left. Last time I was in Woodlawn three years ago I personally witnessed some blonde headed momma smoking cigarettes and steadily chewing his butt. I thought right then that this must be a tough place to coach. I don't think our coach would have listened to her as long as he did.

searkhogfan

Quote from: skydiver on May 25, 2015, 03:14:14 pm
I wouldn't blame him if he left. Last time I was in Woodlawn three years ago I personally witnessed some blonde headed momma smoking cigarettes and steadily chewing his butt. I thought right then that this must be a tough place to coach. I don't think our coach would have listened to her as long as he did.

It happens.

searkhogfan

That would have been after our Regional loss to Dierks, I'm assuming.  A lot of the drama left after that season.  It's been basically "Drama Free" since.

Bondfan4ever

I didn't realize that the Bald Knob job was open?

old dawg

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on May 25, 2015, 03:40:43 pm
It was but has been filled.

skydiver

Quote from: searkhogfan on May 25, 2015, 03:16:57 pm

It happens.
iIf the drama ended that year he was a lucky guy. I did see that same woman at DMac tournament. Some faces you never forget. She seemed calmer this year and the Lady Bears were winning so I didn't get to witness another show. Maybe her kid graduated three years ago.

skydiver

Quote from: old dawg on May 25, 2015, 04:13:34 pm
Who inherited the softball job at Bald Knob?  That's a solid program and looks to have a great feeder system too. Larabee could probably even win there.

old dawg

Quote from: skydiver on May 25, 2015, 04:51:28 pm
Quote from: old dawg on May 25, 2015, 04:13:34 pm
Who inherited the softball job at Bald Knob?  That's a solid program and looks to have a great feeder system too. Larabee could probably even win there.
That is funny! And I agree Larabee probably could win there.

old dawg

Quote from: skydiver on May 25, 2015, 04:35:33 pm
Quote from: searkhogfan on May 25, 2015, 03:16:57 pm

It happens.
iIf the drama ended that year he was a lucky guy. I did see that same woman at DMac tournament. Some faces you never forget. She seemed calmer this year and the Lady Bears were winning so I didn't get to witness another show. Maybe her kid graduated three years ago.

I think she was a Sr. this year. Also, I think the Marlboro smoking coffee drinker that was hanging upside down in the closet that was chewing the coach out that year is related to a common poster on this forum. If sources are right the drama will be gone now.

MrRBurgundy

If it's the momma I remember, she looks more like a camel unfiltered kind of gal instead of a Marlboro gal. Likes her coffee black not with milk. Milk in your coffee says a lot about a person.

searkhogfan

Sounds like someone has an Alias.  Or àtleast has a certain coaches cell number.  If you're insinuating it was a blonde I know.  We'll then you must've sat in on a private meeting.  Because the one I know NEVER had a conversation with him in public. 

searkhogfan

Quote from: MrRBurgundy on May 25, 2015, 05:38:30 pm
If it's the momma I remember, she looks more like a camel unfiltered kind of gal instead of a Marlboro gal. Likes her coffee black not with milk. Milk in your coffee says a lot about a person.

Man are you with the CIA?  You know how a lady from Woodlawn likes her coffee. Did they sell coffee at the DMac?  How do I like my coffee?  I was the one that was ready to kick a gentleman from Southside in his backside. Over the Coach in question!!!

old dawg

Actually I think they did sell coffee as the DMac. I'm guessing you like your coffee with cream and three sugars. Nobody ever said you didn't support the coaches. All anyone has said on here is that Hutson is a great coach and his teams are hard to beat. BTW Ron Burgandy may be with the CIA... He is known by many but not by all.

old dawg

Hutson isn't the only coach that has taken a butt chewing or had a disgruntled blonde on his backside. Finley had one last year that walked up and down the fence trying to get people to jump on her bandwagon.

old dawg

I don't think Hutson has an Alias. He doesn't seem like the type to get on a board and worry about what people are saying.

searkhogfan

May 25, 2015, 06:30:21 pm #33 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:49:30 am by searkhogfan
Actually you're close to the how I like my coffee.  But unless you had breakfast with me. Or know a certain coach or a volunteer coach. You wouldn't know that. You have a lot more info than I do.

searkhogfan

Quote from: old dawg on May 25, 2015, 06:27:06 pm
I don't think Hutson has an Alias. He doesn't seem like the type to get on a board and worry about what people are saying.

I didn't say anything about Coach Hutson.  They're other people that could use an Alias.  And actually you're wrong. Coach is very concerned about what people say. I myself think that he shouldn't.  It doesn't matter who the coach is, He's got his critics. 

Runfastturnleft

Parents aren't ever completely... Nature of the beast.   One group graduates,  another takes its place.    Circle of softball!

skydiver

I really don't know how Coach Hutson got pulled into the middle of this.  Other than the fact that the rumor was out there that he "may" listen to other schools with jobs available, he is guilty of nothing.  I've met him a couple times at various tournaments and he seems to be satisfied where he is at.  That doesn't mean he wouldn't be willing to flirt with other opportunities available.  Who would have thought T-Fin would leave Spring Hill?  Just goes to show that even the most successful and satisfied coaches are capable of going elsewhere.  As far as parents, I've been one and I am one now.  We ALL have our days and are sometimes too protective of our kids.  The sooner we, as parents, accept the fact that the coach wants to win as bad as we do, the better off everyone will be.  Sometimes it's better to get a dip, smoke a cig, or bite your lip.  Coaches have enough pressure without having to deal with unruly parents.  Do your team a favor and let the coach do his job.  As for Coach Hutson, I doubt he lost any sleep. 

baller72

Anywho....., does anyone care to continue in the original intent of this thread , JOB OPENINGS?

searkhogfan

You act like it's a common practice at Woodlawn to jump the coach.  It's been a common topic around Woodlawn as to how well the parents & the coach have gotten along the last few years. I for one think it's much better. All I've said up until the personal attacks started.  Was if he left, who could blame him for getting closer to home & family.  And best wishes. 
And I have a feeling you're closer to the situation than you're letting on. Because a couple of your posts are almost identical to another posters!!!

searkhogfan

Quote from: baller72 on May 26, 2015, 08:57:01 am
Anywho....., does anyone care to continue in the original intent of this thread , JOB OPENINGS?

Anybody know if the White Hall job actually became vacant & if so, did the Asst. Coach get promoted?  I know he's probably one of the best Coaches not to be head coach in south arkansas.

Lionheart88

The rumor mill down here pretty much agrees it's open, but can't seem to decide whether or not the HC just stepped down from coaching or is retiring period.  If it's the former, that'd make it pretty tough to bring somebody in from outside.  I fully expect an internal promotion.

ST

Bryant is without a Head Coach; "resignation"

Eaglemaniac

The Crossett coach has announced his retirement. Someone seriously needs to apply in Crossett. They return 8 starters next year and only 3 of those will be seniors. We need a real coach soon!! A winner!!!

SouthpawSensation

Lincoln is in the search for a softball coach, according to the AAA website.

softballfan

Code3Cat

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on May 27, 2015, 08:55:08 am
The Crossett coach has announced his retirement. Someone seriously needs to apply in Crossett. They return 8 starters next year and only 3 of those will be seniors. We need a real coach soon!! A winner!!!

LOL!!!

Thrasher

May 27, 2015, 10:56:58 pm #46 Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:11:39 pm by Thrasher
Quote from: Eaglemaniac on May 27, 2015, 08:55:08 am
[/quote

Hmmmmm

BIG_K

searkhogfan

Anything to the rumor of Billy Rook being in line for the Spring Hill job?

redbear90

Rook to SH? Wow that's a joke. Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas