• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A State Tournament Results for 2015

Started by 3 Dollar, May 10, 2015, 06:59:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

Please post scores/results of the 5A - 2015 State Tournament games here.

Thank You!

BBRB

Anybody have a bracket with teams....Or final conference standings?

vtown1

hogwild_82

I believe the EAST standings have an error:

I think it goes:  1) Paragould     2) Valley View       3) GCT      4) Forrest City

hogwild_82

TOP HALF

BEEBE               
FORREST CITY

WHITE HALL
FARMINGTON

PARAGOULD
NORTH PULASKI

GREENBRIAR
LAKESIDE

BOTTOM HALF

VILONIA
WATSON CHAPEL

VALLEY VIEW
JACKSONVILLE

DEQUEEN
MAUMELLE

SYLVAN HILLS
GREEN COUNTY TECH

chifan

Greene County Tech finished second in the 5A East with an 11-3 record. 

vhsladyeagles

is the address for Kimery Park for the softball games 271 Kimery Lane, Hot Springs, AR ?  and is the entire field turf ??

Bondfan4ever

That top half looks pretty salty with Beebe, White Hall, and Paragould all in the top half.  The bottom half with Vilonia and DeQueen isn't so bad either.  I covered both of DeQueen's tournament games last year and was very impressed with them.  It should be a fun tournament!

ltb759

That is the correct address and only the infield is turf. It's plenty deep enough even for  slow pitch infielders on 70 foot bases.

Runfastturnleft

Rain delays in the first inning of both.   Scoreless

vhsladyeagles

Vilonia defeated Watson Chapel 8-4. 

Earl is my Hero!!

Forrest City H

Runfastturnleft

Green County tech,  Paragould,  Greenbrier,  dequeen all advance. 

gamecocks8584

Sylvan Hills 6
Valley View 4

SH advances to play DeQueen

WPWells

Lionheart88

White Hall vs Beebe was suspended in the third, 1-1, due to weather.  Will resume tomorrow at noon.  The same (I believe) for GCT vs Vilonia, who were playing on the other field at the same time.

Ar HS sport fan

any update on the 5A softball games?

Lionheart88

Ar HS sport fan

what about GCT vs Vilonia? will WH face Vilonia again

vtown1

Vilonia beat GCT 4-3 and advances to play DeQueen on Monday in the semis.

Paragould vs. White Hall in the other semi.

Forrest City H

DeQueen run-ruled Sylvan Hills 11-0.  Paragould beat Greenbrier 6-1.  Both semi-finals should be great,  White Hall vs. Paragould, Vilonia vs. DeQueen. 

SWARK

So, De Queen or Vilonia? Who do y'all think?

Forrest City H

May 17, 2015, 11:16:20 am #23 Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:19:19 am by Forrest City H
DeQueen vs Vilonia looks to be pretty much a toss up - if you compare common opponents, Vilonia run-ruled Maumelle twice 10-0, and DeQueen beat them 7-1.  Also, both teams shelled a pretty weak Sylvan Hills team, Vilonia 13-0, and DeQueen 11-0.  Should be a great game. 

SWARK

De Queen's hitting was stellar yesterday against Sylvan Hills. I know they had two 2-run homeruns and a solo shot also. As long as De Queen hits the ball like they did yesterday I think they could pull through with the win. Vilonia can also stroke the ball also so it will most likely be the battle of who hits the best that day.

Bondfan4ever

All four teams are very worthy of a trip to Fayetteville.  White Hall was very solid in their win over Beebe yesterday.  It would not surprise me to see an all 5A South title game in Fayetteville on Friday.

SWARK

Would not be surprising at all to see White Hall and De Queen playing in Fayetteville. De Queen beat White Hall twice this year in conference play, but as it's always been said, it is hard to beat a good team three times!

Panthers44

No respect for Paragould they had been number one all year in poll til Bald Knob beat them!

Forrest City H

I think the Paragould Heat are still the favorites.  Would not be surprised at a Paragould/Vilonia final either.  DeQueen is the only team left that hasn't faced a good team yet in the tournament, and will see much tougher pitching tomorrow.

gamecocks8584

Quote from: Forrest City H on May 17, 2015, 11:16:20 am
DeQueen vs Vilonia looks to be pretty much a toss up - if you compare common opponents, Vilonia run-ruled Maumelle twice 10-0, and DeQueen beat them 7-1.  Also, both teams shelled a pretty weak Sylvan Hills team, Vilonia 13-0, and DeQueen 11-0.  Should be a great game. 
Quote from: Forrest City H on May 17, 2015, 03:06:44 pm
I think the Paragould Heat are still the favorites.  Would not be surprised at a Paragould/Vilonia final either.  DeQueen is the only team left that hasn't faced a good team yet in the tournament, and will see much tougher pitching tomorrow.

Maumelle and Sylvan Hills didn't play their best games against DeQueen I agree with that. But saying that neither are good is a little far fetched.  Sylvan Hills v. Vilonia was the day after prom SH was missing 3 starters. Now would it have matter can't say yes or no. We beat Valley View in round 1 who was suppose to be pretty good splitting with GCT in conference.  Don't degrade a team that went out and didn't have good day and lost to a very good DeQueen team.

skydiver

Not only will DeQueen be in Fayetteville this year, they will be making that trip for the next two years as well. I know these are some bold words but they are loaded and they are young. Very young. Four quality teams left in a field of several quality teams. Gonna be fun to see how it comes out.

Forrest City H

And White Hall hasn't lost a state tournament game since 2011!

500 hitter

White Hall has their hands full  in this next game.

Lionheart88

White Hall 4
Paragould 1
After 1

Looked dicey for WH at first, Paragould had scored a run and loaded the bases with no outs, but then White Hall's pitcher struck out three straight batters.

Vilonia-fan

Vilonia's Wader is throwing the heat. 7 or 8 strike outs so far.

Vilonia-fan

Top of the forth Vilonia 3 DeQueen 0

Lionheart88

Vilonia-fan

Top of the fifth Vilonia 3 DeQueen 0.... Let's go lady eagles!!!

Lionheart88

After 3, score remains WH 4-2 over Paragould.

Vilonia-fan

Vilonia-fan

Top of the 6th, one out, Vilonia up 8-0

Lionheart88

May 18, 2015, 01:13:26 pm #41 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:24:54 pm by Lionheart88
Paragould ties it up 4-4 in the bottom of the fourth.  Going into the fifth now.

Lionheart88

Vilonia-fan

Game over 10/0 Vilonia. U of A here we come!

vtown1

Quote from: skydiver on May 17, 2015, 08:56:46 pm
Not only will DeQueen be in Fayetteville this year, they will be making that trip for the next two years as well. I know these are some bold words but they are loaded and they are young. Very young. Four quality teams left in a field of several quality teams. Gonna be fun to see how it comes out.
Bold words indeed! Go Eagles!

Forrest City H

Vilonia ace Sydney Wader pitches a shutout, and 1st baseman Rachel Hinson blasts TWO 3-run homers on the way to a Vilonia run-rule 10-0 win over DeQueen!

Lionheart88

4-4 after 6.5 and I have to go.  Hopefully one of the Vioonia folks can fill us in on the finish.

vtown1

Paragould won in the bottom of the 7th

BIG_K

Quote from: vtown1 on May 18, 2015, 01:34:30 pm
Quote from: skydiver on May 17, 2015, 08:56:46 pm
Bold words indeed! Go Eagles!
;D You need a little Ketchup or Mustard or maybe Both to go with that Crow!  ;D Tough to swallow is it? ???

Leopard

De Queen had a good run.  I expect we will also be having this discussion next year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas