• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015---6A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, April 13, 2015, 04:59:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

April 13, 2015, 04:59:31 pm Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:22:43 am by 3 Dollar
This poll is merely an opinionated one based on articles read and the eye test of one individual!

As of 4-12-2015:

1...Benton
2...Greenwood
3...El Dorado
4...Marion
5...Jonesboro
6...Mountain Home
7...Alma
8...Searcy
9...Texarkana
10..Sheridan

:)

As of 4-19-2015:

1...Benton
2...Greenwood
3...Sheridan
4...El Dorado
5...Marion
6...Mountain Home
7...Jonesboro
8...Alma
9...Searcy
10..Russellville

;)

As of 4-26-2015:

1...Greenwood
2...Sheridan
3...Benton
4...El Dorado
5...Marion
6...Jonesboro
7...Alma
8...Mountain Home
9...Searcy
10..Lake Hamilton

:D

As of 5-3-2015:

1...Greenwood
2...Sheridan
3...Benton
4...Marion
5...Jonesboro
6...El Dorado
7...Alma
8...Lake Hamilton
9...Texarkana
10..Searcy

;D

As of 5-10-2015:

1...Greenwood
2...Sheridan
3...Benton
4...Marion
5...El Dorado
6...Lake Hamilton
7...Alma
8...Mountain Home
9...Searcy
10..Texarkana

>:(

SNWA

Sheridan beat Gw in close one. I would have Sheridan either 2 or 3 right now

LowerAR

April 14, 2015, 07:52:31 am #2 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:08:05 am by LowerAR
Sheridan beat El Dorado also.

3 Dollar

maxswine

Russellville jumped into the top 10?

Forrest City H

Sheridan hosting Vilonia today, should be a good one. 

SportsLover65

Forrest City H

Vilonia won over Sheridan 2-0

vhsladyeagles

Great pitching by Vilonia Junior Sydney Wader with 11 strikeouts for the shut out win over Sheridan.   

3 Dollar

SB_Mom

April 27, 2015, 09:37:08 am #10 Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:18:47 am by SB_Mom
B

3 Dollar

LowerAR

Wow, not sure how Greenwood got over Benton and Sheridan, I think they have both beat them this year. Anyway it will all come out in the wash next weekend. My prediction is and they are usually wrong.
1. Benton
2. Sheridan
3. Greenwood
Rematch of last years game in Fayetteville.
Let's hear from all the other amateur predictors. 

SoftballMom

Mountain Home sweep Searcy both games and won game 1 against Jonesboro yesterday. Should be at least #10 with the sweep.

greenwood1

Benton beat Greenwood's Jv in the Cabot tournament and Greenwood threw a freshman when Sheridan beat them in Van Buren.

LowerAR

Hey, we can only go by the records; Russellville did that a couple of years ago with there ace. Saved her against good teams they would face in state, Sheridan in particular, and it worked. But they didn't get mad when they were considered lower in the poles. They waited and won State. All I know is Benton and Sheridan beat Greenwood this year and deserve to be ranked ahead. If you want to be # 1, then win the games. If you want to slip up and ambush someone because you don't think you can beat them everyday, then by all means, go ahead. Your coach knew that Benton and Sheridan were the teams that would have to be beat and for some reason you say that they either sandbagged or played seconds. Sounds like a plan, but why tell us all now. You will get your chance. I will still pick Benton. 

admorris24

LowerAR

LuckoftheIrish

Way to blame a loss on one player Greenwood1. Was the freshman pitcher the only
girl playing that day?

SNWA

No GW has not played Benton this year. Any of the 3 could win it here is what GW has done Over past month or so . Best Mena, Farmington twice, drummed Rogers who beat Sheridan, lost 1 run game to Bentonville. Beat VB twice. Double dipped Bryant tonight to win 2015 7A6A overall conference  championship. Please compare to Benton and Sheridan.

3 Dollar

LowerAR

Quote from: SNWA on May 08, 2015, 11:07:39 pm
No GW has not played Benton this year. Any of the 3 could win it here is what GW has done Over past month or so . Best Mena, Farmington twice, drummed Rogers who beat Sheridan, lost 1 run game to Bentonville. Beat VB twice. Double dipped Bryant tonight to win 2015 7A6A overall conference  championship. Please compare to Benton and Sheridan.
Hey I'm from South AR, when a post reads Benton over Greenwood in so and so tourney I just naturally assume that it means Benton beat Greenwood. What ever the circumstances of that game somebody needs to take a chill pill; Thurday, Friday and Saturday are coming, if you win you can crow, if not I guess you'll be back next year saying that your being overlooked. All this don't matter, it is what your girls do this weekend, and who wants that pressure. 

SNWA

holy cow!!! re read my post. There were no exclamation points in there. I just stated that the two varsity teams had not played and wanting to compare the teams with their schedule. Was not sayin GW schedule or record was better.  lol I will throw the chill pill right back at you. I never said GW should be picked a head of them . That is why I was wanting their results. I do however believe that those three 6A teams are all in top 5 in state overall.

MarionBlueDevil

Anybody coming to my neck of the woods for the state tournament? Will be glad to help out with any information that you may need as far as getting around, eating and all of that.

LowerAR

You are probably right and if Greenwood plays this weekend as well as they have been playing, they should do well. The only times that I have seen Greenwood play have been in the State Tourney over the last 2 years. On those occasions I did not see a team I was that impressed with. Pitching was desent, but not overpowering. Hitting was not that impressive and last year they made a ton of errors. That is what I saw, it doesn't mean that they are not the best now. Sorry, that means nothing, I know, they could come out and be awsome this weekend. I just keep seeing post about how they are being overlooked. Sorry if that isn't you. I do praise Benton and Sheridan some because they are the 2 teams that we see the most, that are good. I have no connection to either, so that should tell you something about them. I don't mean to make anyone mad or hurt feelings, but I post things because of what I see and hear. I am not saying I'm right, just honest. Actually, I have no dog in any of this fight now, so I will say good luck and I will shut up.             

Forrest City H

Quote from: SNWA on May 11, 2015, 01:30:42 pm
holy cow!!! re read my post. There were no exclamation points in there. I just stated that the two varsity teams had not played and wanting to compare the teams with their schedule. Was not sayin GW schedule or record was better.  lol I will throw the chill pill right back at you. I never said GW should be picked a head of them . That is why I was wanting their results. I do however believe that those three 6A teams are all in top 5 in state overall.

none of these teams could probably beat 3A Bald Knob.  And 5A Vilonia has recently beaten both Sheridan and Benton.  So with these 3 6A teams being a lock in the overall top 5, the "overall state top 5" would obviously have to be:
1. Bald Knob
2. Vilonia
3. Benton
4. Sheridan
5. Greenwood       :D

LowerAR

Quote from: Forrest City H on May 11, 2015, 10:15:36 pm
Quote from: SNWA on May 11, 2015, 01:30:42 pm

none of these teams could probably beat 3A Bald Knob.  And 5A Vilonia has recently beaten both Sheridan and Benton.  So with these 3 6A teams being a lock in the overall top 5, the "overall state top 5" would obviously have to be:
1. Bald Knob
2. Vilonia
3. Benton
4. Sheridan
5. Greenwood       :D
Dang-it Forest City! I said I would shut up.  ;D ;D ;D

scrub

In case any of you were wondering who the best team in the state is........Cabot

Go watch them play and you will see.  No offense to anyone else out there, but they are the real deal.

SNWA

Did Benton not drum Cabot earlier in the year? Don't know much about Bald Knob and they could be #1 . Who have they beat and lost to. I had Mena as #1 smaller school but like I said I have no clue about Bald Knob.

WPWells

Bald Knob from what I understand is undefeated including a win in the tournament of champions that included all these top teams (someone correct me if that's incorrect)

Valleysports

Greenwood overlooked?  ;D  Even with $500 shoes, they still got a $5 game!

SNWA

SNWA

I do understand a bitter Cyclone though...you get a pass.

chifan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 12, 2015, 10:20:38 am
Bald Knob from what I understand is undefeated including a win in the tournament of champions that included all these top teams (someone correct me if that's incorrect)

Bald Knob is not undefeated.

10gauge

Marion split with Cabot and lost 10-0 to Bald knob.

John M.

Bald Knob lost to Greene County Tech and Harding Academy.....

MHSmustangs

Bald Knob beat Cabot at the TOC.

SBALL

Bald Knob record is 26-2

Lost 5-2 to GCT first game of season. They pitched Jr pitcher 3 innings, sophomore pitcher 2 innings and freshman pitcher 2 innings. Later beat them 12-1 pitching Jr whole game.

Lost conf game to Harding 1-0 on error in the 7th. Has beaten Harding 3 times since. 5-0 today
Bald Knob and Harding has faced each other 9 times in past two years and I think the record is 7-2

I really thought they would lose at least 1 more this season but don't look like that will happen unless upset in State. They have won 20 games straight since last loss.

You can argue all day if they are best team this year or not but with only one Sr graduating they should be back in mix next year.

BK so far

Scored 242 runs
Allowed 39 runs total, 22 was earned in 170 innings
96% fielding percentage
Pitching staff has 250 strike outs

All this means nothing unless you consider the quality of teams they have played.

Valleysports

Quote from: SNWA on May 12, 2015, 10:57:12 am
Meaning what???

Meaning GW has all but had their conference forfeited to them - way overrated.

dbld71

Quote from: Valleysports on May 12, 2015, 10:49:57 am
Greenwood overlooked?  ;D  Even with $500 shoes, they still got a $5 game!
That's the best quote ever. Take all of valley's slaps away
He gets a redo

SNWA

All because you lost your pitcher. Amazing. How arrogant. VB lost 4 games all year. 2 to GW. Pitcher averaging 13 ks per game. 3 no hitters. 8 shutouts. 3 of 5 srs signed and 3 others getting offers. Beat #1 in 7a west. Beat and no hit #1 4a team. Beat one of top 5 a teams 2 times. Had 22 hits against Bryant. Lost 6 games all year by total of 7 runs. Don't base the conference on your teams 2 wins. GW may lose in 2nd round but they have one heck of a team and have had one heck of a season and you and your hatred towards GW will not change that.

Valleysports

Hatred towards Greenwood?  Russellville (haven't watched them play in years).  Lot of assumptions there.  No - just telling it like it AND that's the truuuuuuuuuuuufe!

SNWA

So the record and facts mean nothing to you because you know the truuuuuuufe??? Top 5 in 7a 6a central as tough as any 5 in any other conference. Facts.   And that's the truuuuuufe. If you can't back up any of your statements with facts then your opinion means squat.

chifan

Quote from: SBALL on May 12, 2015, 09:41:31 pm
Bald Knob record is 26-2

Lost 5-2 to GCT first game of season. They pitched Jr pitcher 3 innings, sophomore pitcher 2 innings and freshman pitcher 2 innings. Later beat them 12-1 pitching Jr whole game.

Lost conf game to Harding 1-0 on error in the 7th. Has beaten Harding 3 times since. 5-0 today
Bald Knob and Harding has faced each other 9 times in past two years and I think the record is 7-2

I really thought they would lose at least 1 more this season but don't look like that will happen unless upset in State. They have won 20 games straight since last loss.

You can argue all day if they are best team this year or not but with only one Sr graduating they should be back in mix next year.

BK so far

Scored 242 runs
96% fielding percentage

All this means nothing unless you consider the quality of teams they have played.

You gave a lot of details, but left out that the last 9 runs BK scored in their win over Tech were scored off of their sophomore pitcher after the senior was removed due to injury. Not discrediting BK at all, but if you're going to blame the loss on using pitchers other than the #1, this should be included as well. BK would have won either way that day, but not by that blowout score. Good luck to BK this weekend.

Valleysports

Top 5 in 7/6A central conference (8 teams)?  Two of those top 5 teams could also be in the bottom five.  Get yourself some Koolaid!   :P

BIG_K

Better Hope BK wins state is all i'm sayin ;D ;D ;D

SNWA

May 13, 2015, 08:49:32 am #46 Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:56:32 am by SNWA
Bahaha Valley got jokes. Lol. I feal fullish for being drawn into your jibberish. I see that this is what you do. Good luck to all the teams entering the state tournament and may they all stay healthy and enjoy the experience.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: chifan on May 13, 2015, 07:44:50 am
Quote from: SBALL on May 12, 2015, 09:41:31 pm
Bald Knob record is 26-2

BK so far

Scored 242 runs
96% fielding percentage

You gave a lot of details, but left out that the last 9 runs BK scored in their win over Tech were scored off of their sophomore pitcher after the senior was removed due to injury. Not discrediting BK at all, but if you're going to blame the loss on using pitchers other than the #1, this should be included as well. BK would have won either way that day, but not by that blowout score. Good luck to BK this weekend.
You gotta win it before you start throwing out stats like that. Much like Greenwood & they are a good team, but they have not won it yet. Not even sure they ever have. Once the first pitch of the tournament starts it's a completely different feeling in terms of the pressure.
Here are stats that can be thrown out there:

Bryant 2012:
36-0
352 runs scored
20 runs allowed (4 with backup pitcher in final)
3rd consecutive title

If BK wins then those are some decent stats and something to be proud of...If I had to bet, would probably go with them. But, it won't be easy...it's just different in the post-season...

Panthers44

Mena is just as good as Bald Knob or better i dont know there stats like yall do bald knob but they have only lost 3 games to higher class teams

SBALL

Quote from: BIG_K on May 13, 2015, 08:28:33 am
Better Hope BK wins state is all i'm sayin ;D ;D ;D

I have been around long enough to know the best team don't always win but it's also pretty goofy to try and start this conversation without facts.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas