• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015---5A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, April 13, 2015, 04:55:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

April 13, 2015, 04:55:47 pm Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:26:59 am by 3 Dollar
This poll is merely an opinionated one based on articles read and the eye test of one individual!

As of 4-12-2015:

1...Paragould
2...White Hall
3...Farmington
4...DeQueen
5...Greene County Tech
6...Vilonia
7...Lakeside-Hot Springs
8...Beebe
9...Forrest City
10..Magnolia

:)

As of 4-19-2015:

1...Paragould
2...White Hall
3...DeQueen
4...Greene County Tech
5...Vilonia
6...Beebe
7...Greenbrier
8...Farmington
9...Lakeside-Hot Springs
10..Magnolia

;)

As of 4-26-2015:

1...Paragould
2...Vilonia
3...White Hall
4...DeQueen
5...Beebe
6...Greenbrier
7...Greene County Tech
8...Farmington
9...Lakeside-Hot Springs
10..Batesville

:D

As of 5-3-2015:

1...Paragould
2...Vilonia
3...De Queen
4...White Hall
5...Beebe
6...Greenbrier
7...Farmington
8...Greene County Tech
9...Lakeside-Hot Springs
10..Valley View

;D

As of 5-10-2015:

1...Vilonia
2...De Queen
3...Paragould
4...Beebe
5...White Hall
6...Greene County Tech
7...Greenbrier
8...Farmington
9...Lakeside-Hot Springs
10..Valley View

>:(

City

I agree with Paragould and White Hall but not sure about the rest. I think Vilonia should probably be #3. More games need to be played and the weather is not cooperating. These top 3 I have chosen have a lot of returning players. I know GCT is young and they are going to surprise a lot of teams. I can only rank as far as 1-3 then it is just going to be a toss up. Good luck to them all!!!!

1. Paragould
2. White Hall
3. Vilonia

Gonna stop here because I don't know enough about the others to even guess. I will see what happens as more games get played to finish out top ten.

SportsLover65

Dequeen should be 1 or 2. I believe they beat Whitehall the other day in a district game.

Lionheart88

White Hall lost one to Hope each of the last two years.  Should Hope have been ranked above them on the basis of one fluke win?  A single 7-6 loss doesn't necessarily tell you that much.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 14, 2015, 08:14:26 am
White Hall lost one to Hope each of the last two years.  Should Hope have been ranked above them on the basis of one fluke win?  A single 7-6 loss doesn't necessarily tell you that much.

A "fluke win" IMO isn't when 2 undefeated (in conference) teams play each other and one of them wins by 1 run.  I'm not biased in any way, but DQ and WH are both good teams and will make noise in the 5A state playoffs and rankings are for the "fans".  But I think you gotta give the edge to the team who won on the field with all other things being equal. 

Lionheart88

The Hope games were flukes, the DeQueen game might or might not be.  I'm saying wait and see.  If White Hall loses any more in conference and DeQueen remains undefeated, I'll agree.  If not, it's hard to drop the reigning 3-time champion for one game that was that close.  Anybody can lose one conference game, unless it becomes a trend I don't think it's necessarily indicative of anything.

But then again, as a White Hall alum I am biased.   

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 14, 2015, 08:23:54 am
The Hope games were flukes, the DeQueen game might or might not be.  I'm saying wait and see.  If White Hall loses any more in conference and DeQueen remains undefeated, I'll agree.  If not, it's hard to drop the reigning 3-time champion for one game that was that close.  Anybody can lose one conference game, unless it becomes a trend I don't think it's necessarily indicative of anything.

I can agree with that.  When these 2 play in conference tournament, this game won't mean anything BUT for now, you would have to give the higher ranking to DQ.  I am familiar with DQ program and they are still a young team.  Lack of experience could bite them in the playoffs, but they are set up for a few really good years.

vtown1

I agree on giving White Hall the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise on the field, especially based on their run in recent history.

Farmington is ranked too high, dropped both conference games to Greenbrier, who is oddly not even listed in the top 10?

Also feel like Beebe should be a little higher. They are a solid team.

Not sold on Paragould, but admittedly have not seen them since last year in state tourney.

As for Vilonia, we have the talent, just need to get everything going in the right direction at the same time.

Looks like 5A state tourney is shaping up to be a fun one!

LowerAR

I would say any of the top 6 could take it. Like I said, a dog fight. Beebe has good pitching, maybe they could be included?

jlaw7390

Greenbrier has good pitching and beat Farmington the first game in 8 innings. Farmington has quality wins over Pottsville, Bentonville, and Greenwood. They are inexperienced at the corners in the infield and outfield but are getting better as the season progresses. They are solid up the middle with four year starters. Coach Osnes will have them ready for the playoffs.

softballlovin322

My money is on DeQueen this year. ;)

City

My bet is on Paragould. They have one very strong pitcher and although weak on the corners in the infield, hopefully the extremely talented mid infielders can take up the slack. Offensively they have slappers, ones that can lay down the bunt and a few powerhouse hitters. This team will not be relying on the long ball as they are the complete package. Youth on the corners is the only reason Paragould may not completely dominate this year.

3 Dollar

softballlovin322

Is DeQueen going to stay under White Hall until they are beaten a second time?

Bearcatsofmena00

Yep. Whitehall is proven to be good time and time again. Dequeen not so much! But I agree that they are pretty good this year.

vhsladyeagles

Vilonia defeated Sheridan tonight 2-0.  Sydney Wader pitched the 11 strikeout shut- out.

Panthers44

Who did Paragould lose too?

City

Paragould has not lost to anyone in conference.  They are rock solid and find a way to win even on a reaaaalllyyy bad day.

Panthers44

They lost to somebody they are 15-1

City

They did lose one game in tournament in KY. I am sorry about that. I was only speaking about conference play which is all that really matters. Paragould is stinkin loaded with talent and it will take a very solid team to be.at them and I am not sure wh0 that will be. The Burnside girl is on fire and the team totally feeds off her. She is extremely talented defensively and a major threat with her bat,

jlaw7390

Farmington 1
Vilonia 3

Farmington 2
Vilonia 4

Two good teams that played two good games. Farmington left 8 runners on in the first game. I give the Vilonia pitcher credit for working out of jams in the first game. She is a very good pitcher. Both teams have quality number 2 pitchers. Farmington #2 pitcher entered game in bottom of first with one out and two on and down 4-0. She held Vilonia scoreless for 5 2/3 while the Vilonia #2 pitcher held Farmington to two runs for game 2. I think Greenbrier, Vilonia, and Farmington will be tough draws in the state tournament.

3 Dollar

Bullethead

Valley View's pitcher(do not know her name) is pretty tough.  She could shut some team down in the state tournament and upset one of the favorites.

jonesborohog

Valley View 9 Batesville 8
Valley View 4 Batesville 2

chifan

April 29, 2015, 07:40:28 am #24 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:42:39 am by chifan
GCT hosts VV on Friday. I think the #2 spot goes to the winner?

Sir Blue

5A South

DeQueen          12-0
White Hall        10-1
Watson Chapel  7-5
Lakeside           6-6
Magnolia           6-5
Hope                4-8
Fairview            2-10
Hot Springs       0-12

3 Dollar

Lionheart88

I love how White Hall keeps sliding down.  I'm sure the coaches will appreciate the bulletin board material.

Forrest City H

When do White Hall and DeQueen play again?  Vilonia and Greenbrier square off today for the 5A West championship. 

softballlovin322

Friday, De Queen goes to White Hall for the last conference game.

LowerAR

Oh, this is going to be a great playoff. I may skip ours and come see this one. Where is this going to be played? 

Lionheart88

White Hall and DeQueen?  White Hall's field is at the high school, around back next to the baseball field.

skydiver

This is as tough as 5A has been in a while.  There are at least six teams that can get hot at the right time and win it.  It's hard to not post my opinion so here we go.  Until White Hall finds a way to beat DeQueen, I feel like it's DeQueen's to lose.  Vilonia is well coached and loaded as well.  Like I said though, it's going to be the team that gets hot at the right time that brings the gold home.

DQSB

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 14, 2015, 08:14:26 am

Still a fluke win???

Forrest City H

What happened in the DQ/WH game?

Forrest City H

Never mind, just saw the score - sounds like DeQueen is for real!

Lionheart88

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 14, 2015, 08:23:54 am

Nope, DeQueen is very good this year.  I expect them to reach the semifinals at worst.

3 Dollar

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas