• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Championship: Osceola vs Booneville

Started by 501Arkansas, December 01, 2018, 08:56:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I want Booneville to win and think they do
I want Booneville to win but think they won't
I want Osceola to wins and think they do
I want Osceola but think Booneville does

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 07, 2018, 10:26:21 am
You know I thought Rison would match up well when it came to speed, and we probably did have the fastest player on the field, but overall Osceola had us by a pretty good margin. Not meant to be a knock on Booneville but overall Osceola just has an amazing amount of speed all over the field.

Same old song and dance we are used to hearing.  Promise you we have plenty of quickness and speed to try and keep up!! It aint a track meet fellas. Oh...Osceolas first score should of been called back for not enough men on the line of scrimmage. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: Bearcatdad on December 07, 2018, 10:43:14 am
Speed won't help when you lying on you back looking up at sky.  Booneville wins this by 10.  Booneville will be the most physical team Osceola has see all year.
I doubt it

501Arkansas

Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2018, 10:47:34 am
Speed means nothing when you're facing Booneville.
Lol hope y'all can keep up

OLDSCHOOL82

OLDSCHOOL82

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 07, 2018, 11:13:52 am
All I'm saying is Osceola won't get away with stacking the box like they did against Rison. Y'all burned them good with that first TD pass, but didn't do much else to keep them honest. Osceola didn't need speed because they had 10 guys in the box.

The only thing they burned on that play was the Refs.  O didn't have enough men on the line.  Should of been flagged.  That's why the end was wide open as there were more receivers than backs to cover..

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2018, 12:57:01 pm
Who is y'all?

AW...like most..I believe he just made a blanket statement without any research! 

How is burks progressing with the healing?

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 07, 2018, 01:03:24 pm
AW...like most..I believe he just made a blanket statement without any research! 

How is burks progressing with the healing?

Burks is coming along. I hear his PT is going great. Some are saying that he may be able to return to basketball.

Not sure how I feel about that, lol.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2018, 01:06:16 pm
Burks is coming along. I hear his PT is going great. Some are saying that he may be able to return to basketball.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.........that needs to be a big NO on the basketball!!

elmerfudd

Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2018, 01:06:16 pm

I have a feeling Chad Morris might intervene with that decision.

AirWarren

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 07, 2018, 01:19:59 pm
I have a feeling Chad Morris might intervene with that decision.

I would hope so.

teh29

Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2018, 10:47:34 am
Speed means nothing when you're facing Booneville.

This quote is nonsense.  Being physical up front definitely helps against a team that runs the ball and tries to use speed to get to the corner.  Osceola spreads you out..  Forces you to play man defense..  And uses their speed to exploit a mismatch in the secondary.  When they send 4 wrs wide open down the field..  They are tough to keep up with in a race.  Then,  if you happen to cover all of them..  Someone then has to get their hands on Turner in the backfield,  which is never easy.  Also,  even in decent coverage..  Miss one tackle (IE rison) and it's a foot race to the end zone.  I'm not saying Booneville isn't physical..  I'm not saying they lack speed.  But like one rison poster said..  Rison matched up decently speed wise..  And they couldn't slow Osceola down.  Osceola punted 1 time the entire game.  Like it has been stated..  There are teams that have speedy athletes here and there..  And then there is a team like Osceola that has speed everywhere.  I know Booneville is tired of hearing about speed.  But this Osceola team is a different animal. And speed will play a huge factor in this game..  Regardless of weather. 

AirWarren

Quote from: teh29 on December 07, 2018, 02:33:56 pm
This quote is nonsense.  Being physical up front definitely helps against a team that runs the ball and tries to use speed to get to the corner.  Osceola spreads you out..  Forces you to play man defense..  And uses their speed to exploit a mismatch in the secondary.  When they send 4 wrs wide open down the field..  They are tough to keep up with in a race.  Then,  if you happen to cover all of them..  Someone then has to get their hands on Turner in the backfield,  which is never easy.  Also,  even in decent coverage..  Miss one tackle (IE rison) and it's a foot race to the end zone.  I'm not saying Booneville isn't physical..  I'm not saying they lack speed.  But like one rison poster said..  Rison matched up decently speed wise..  And they couldn't slow Osceola down.  Osceola punted 1 time the entire game.  Like it has been stated..  There are teams that have speedy athletes here and there..  And then there is a team like Osceola that has speed everywhere.  I know Booneville is tired of hearing about speed.  But this Osceola team is a different animal. And speed will play a huge factor in this game..  Regardless of weather. 

Lol. Ok.

elmerfudd

Sounds like a broken record.

teh29 from last week about Prescott:
"They will run away with this game.  That team is good.. FAST..   And no Booneville can't match their speed.."

elmerfudd

teh29:

"They could run away (figuratively and literally)  from Booneville.  But like I also said..  No one has done it yet..  But if anyone is going to do it..  It's Prescott."

501Arkansas

+100 couldn't said it any better

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

CatPride

OLDSCHOOL82

Ok I concede.  We will be too slow to stay on the field with Osceola.  Guess we aren't physical either.  If we only hadn't gotten last in the state weight meet.  Wait....we had backs who Prescott couldn't catch who we supposedly weren't gonna be able to run with.  And...wait...we did win the 3 A and overall weight meet for all classifications.  Bring it fellas.  You know not what you speak of.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 07, 2018, 03:47:00 pm
Ok I concede.  We will be too slow to stay on the field with Osceola.  Guess we aren’t physical either.  If we only hadn’t gotten last in the state weight meet.  Wait....we had backs who Prescott couldn’t catch who we supposedly weren’t gonna be able to run with.  And...wait...we did win the 3 A and overall weight meet for all classifications.  Bring it fellas.  You know not what you speak of.

Ya'll aint nuttin.
-Osceola.

elmerfudd

I guess I have to agree with parts of what teh29 said.....if anyone was going to do it, it was Prescott.....and they didnt. Also the part about no one has done it yet, which is still true.

ISU7

gold45

Booneville by 10.  Bearcats all the way!

Nature Boy

Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2018, 03:49:48 pm
Ya'll aint nuttin.
-Osceola.

what time does Warren play.........oh that's right  ;)

AirWarren

Quote from: Nature Boy on December 07, 2018, 05:08:18 pm

what time does Warren play.........oh that's right  ;)

Lol. We have played 4 times in the past 5 title games son. Gotta let someone else get a shot.

BAMA#16

Sick Dog

ummmmm wait a sec. if i recall Prescott did run away from the Cats all night long. And had some 3 and 4 play drives. I don't think Booneville had and drives fewer than 10 plays. If the DB's from Booneville lets the Osceola WR's get behind them all night like Prescott did it will be trouble. Booneville played a flawless game against Prescott and escaped. Prescott was just as physical as Booneville so yall stop trying to act like yall just run over everyone. No one has had a cake walk to get here. No one is so much better than the other. This game will come down to who has the fewest mistakes. Especially turnovers. If Booneville only gets one motion penalty called against them all night then if will be trouble for Osceola. If Osceola defense shows up and stops them on 4th down and Osceola gets a phantom facemask call against them then Osceola is in trouble. But if Osceola has 1 and 2 play drives and is able to take shots down the field than Booneville will be in trouble. I was about 5 plays behind last week watching on computer, I just hope the livestream is better this week cause Im not trying to make that trip to the rock in this weather. Good luck to all and safe travels.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 07, 2018, 08:30:35 pm
ummmmm wait a sec. if i recall Prescott did run away from the Cats all night long. And had some 3 and 4 play drives. I don't think Booneville had and drives fewer than 10 plays. If the DB's from Booneville lets the Osceola WR's get behind them all night like Prescott did it will be trouble. Booneville played a flawless game against Prescott and escaped. Prescott was just as physical as Booneville so yall stop trying to act like yall just run over everyone. No one has had a cake walk to get here. No one is so much better than the other. This game will come down to who has the fewest mistakes. Especially turnovers. If Booneville only gets one motion penalty called against them all night then if will be trouble for Osceola. If Osceola defense shows up and stops them on 4th down and Osceola gets a phantom facemask call against them then Osceola is in trouble. But if Osceola has 1 and 2 play drives and is able to take shots down the field than Booneville will be in trouble. I was about 5 plays behind last week watching on computer, I just hope the livestream is better this week cause Im not trying to make that trip to the rock in this weather. Good luck to all and safe travels.
Man, they act like they just big and bad lol good post man should be a heck of a game

OLDSCHOOL82

Lol...if you listen to sick dog...you aren't real bright.  See you fellas tomorrow. 

elmerfudd

😂😂 sour grapes much?? Man I saw that face mask from the stands AND from the Prescott broadcast when I rewatched the game. Not to mention two more that weren't called.

Prescott had 184 yards rushing and 184 yards passing (the epitome of balance....NOT power), most of which came on three deep passes where our safeties got caught with their heads up their rears. If our safeties had played like they played all year and stopped those three deep passes, Prescott wouldn't have done squat.

But hey, what else can you do but complain when you get beat 🤷🏻‍♂️

501Arkansas

See you guys tomorrow safe travels to every one that's leaving in the morning. May the best team win. Good luck both teams

Skip Baymore

December 07, 2018, 10:54:20 pm #185 Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 11:11:59 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Oldman on December 07, 2018, 10:16:42 am
Whoever wants it the most?

Whoever will not be denied and is ready to put a hat on a hat and leave it all on the football field (except for the football).  Good luck and safe travels to both.  Whoever brings the trophy home this year deserves it.

ISU7

Ths games are being broadcast on cable channel 2

nastynice

Game Day. Good a Luck to both teams.  ....Let's Go Cats!

teh29

December 08, 2018, 06:01:37 am #188 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 06:05:01 am by teh29
Quote from: elmerfudd on December 07, 2018, 09:14:25 pm
😂😂 sour grapes much?? Man I saw that face mask from the stands AND from the Prescott broadcast when I rewatched the game. Not to mention two more that weren't called.

Prescott had 184 yards rushing and 184 yards passing (the epitome of balance....NOT power), most of which came on three deep passes where our safeties got caught with their heads up their rears. If our safeties had played like they played all year and stopped those three deep passes, Prescott wouldn't have done squat.

But hey, what else can you do but complain when you get beat 🤷🏻‍♂️

370 yards of offense..  But didn't do squat..   Seems like a fair assessment... 

And if Prescott beat your safeties on long passes..  Osceola is going to as well.

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Quote from: teh29 on December 08, 2018, 06:01:37 am

And if Prescott beat your safeties on long passes..  Osceola is going to as well.
+1

Pr8hd

Let's get this thing done Cats ,so we can celebrate two titles here in a 20 mile radius on Hwy 10. 

ISU7

elmerfudd

Quote from: teh29 on December 08, 2018, 06:01:37 am

Let's not act like your receivers just flat out burned our secondary, because they didn't. If they had, then yes I'd agree Osceola's would too because they're better.

And again, take out about 150 yards of passing from just those three plays, and you don't have much. But whatever makes you feel better!

Game day!! I hope everyone else was able to sleep better than I did last night!

501Arkansas

teh29

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 08, 2018, 08:13:05 am
Let's not act like your receivers just flat out burned our secondary, because they didn't. If they had, then yes I'd agree Osceola's would too because they're better.

And again, take out about 150 yards of passing from just those three plays, and you don't have much. But whatever makes you feel better!

Game day!! I hope everyone else was able to sleep better than I did last night!

Take away a goal line interception and you are playing basketball.  But..  Booneville made the play.  Lets see who makes more of them today.   And safe travels to everyone..  It's nasty out there in some places. 

AirWarren

elmerfudd

Quote from: AirWarren on December 08, 2018, 10:04:47 am
This weather lol.

Seems familiar haha. At least there's no lightning this time!

AirWarren

December 08, 2018, 10:24:39 am #198 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:27:51 am by AirWarren
Quote from: elmerfudd on December 08, 2018, 10:17:06 am
Seems familiar haha. At least there's no lightning this time!

Warm.
Storms.
64 degrees.

Cold as heck.
Cold rain.
Wind chill 25 degrees.
33 degrees.

"Climate change" lol.

1wildcat

It's almost time!

I'll be pulling for Booneville since I actually know a couple textbook hillbilly's living up there, but Booneville sure has got there work cut for them. I have serious doubt's they can pull this out, but I think this weather may work in their favor.

I honestly believe the two best teams made it. So good luck to both teams, the main thing is have a good clean, injury free game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas