• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Classifications 2016-2018

Started by ASURedWolf6, August 18, 2015, 11:54:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ASURedWolf6

What are your thoughts on the new 1A classification for the next cycle? Not this school year, but the next school year 1A seems to have gotten a lot bigger as far as number of schools playing within the class.

Just as an example, Rector will have football and play in a 2A football conference. When basketball starts, they will be in the same conference as Bay, Armorel, Ridgefield Christian, Maynard, CRA, Kipp Delta, and maybe another team. Kind of unique and totally different, so what are your thoughts?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on August 18, 2015, 11:54:21 pm
What are your thoughts on the new 1A classification for the next cycle? Not this school year, but the next school year 1A seems to have gotten a lot bigger as far as number of schools playing within the class.

Just as an example, Rector will have football and play in a 2A football conference. When basketball starts, they will be in the same conference as Bay, Armorel, Ridgefield Christian, Maynard, CRA, Kipp Delta, and maybe another team. Kind of unique and totally different, so what are your thoughts?

Not that unique...it's how 1a was before 2006.

Real deal

Quote from: HF on August 19, 2015, 06:27:31 am

No before the new rules, if you played football you were automatically 2A in everything.  That being said, I like the new way they are doing it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Real deal on August 19, 2015, 09:08:58 am

No before the new rules, if you played football you were automatically 2A in everything.  That being said, I like the new way they are doing it.

Magazine, j.c Westside, ola, wyc we're all 1a for basketball and had football around 2000...

Real deal

Quote from: HF on August 19, 2015, 09:26:23 am
Quote from: Real deal on August 19, 2015, 09:08:58 am

Magazine, j.c Westside, ola, wyc we're all 1a for basketball and had football around 2000...

You may very well be right about that, I may have misread but in 2005-06 around in there it was not like that.  Anyway, I think the new way is fair.

RedWolf275

I also think the new way is the best way.However, I am still trying to figure out why schools this small have football.

Real deal

Quote from: RedWolf275 on August 19, 2015, 10:02:50 am
I also think the new way is the best way.However, I am still trying to figure out why schools this small have football.

That would make two of us, don't see how they do it, but more power to them!!

HorseFeathers

Some of those wonder why schools the size of bay don't have football

RedWolf275

To each his own I guess. I don't really remember too many of these 1A size schools having much success in 2A football recently.

Real deal

Quote from: HF on August 19, 2015, 11:56:35 am

Got to wonder about lots of 3A and 2A size schools not having it before you get down to Bay.  Tuckerman, BIC, Riverside, Marmaduke, Valley Springs, Flippin, just several that come to mind.

Real deal

Cossatot, Pangburn, Sloan-hendrix, White County, Blevins, some of these may have started football but last time I checked they don't have it.  Cotter also.

RedWolf275

I am friends with a couple of Riverside parents and from what I understand, a football program isn't in the discussion there. They will be 3A next cycle.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Real deal on August 19, 2015, 12:21:05 pm

Got to wonder about lots of 3A and 2A size schools not having it before you get down to Bay.  Tuckerman, BIC, Riverside, Marmaduke, Valley Springs, Flippin, just several that come to mind.

Magazine won a state title in football recently....mineral springs it's good some years, not so much other years ..they're both 1a size schools.

And I hear ya RD, out of curiosity it's there even any interest in bay for football

Central Ark

HF, I've heard that they may have 1A/2A power conferences to cutdown travel. Then you would play a 1A district though. I've heard this is considered in a lot of classifications. Know anything?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on August 19, 2015, 08:49:34 pm
HF, I've heard that they may have 1A/2A power conferences to cutdown travel. Then you would play a 1A district though. I've heard this is considered in a lot of classifications. Know anything?

That's the plan....I've posted my idea of how they might break down on the killer crossover forum

Central Ark

Will they try to get it done by the 16-18 cycle?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on August 19, 2015, 08:52:58 pm
Will they try to get it done by the 16-18 cycle?

Supposed to.... probably decide on them after deciding on conference appeals

Central Ark

I'm looking forward to finding out these conferences.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on August 19, 2015, 09:01:55 pm
I'm looking forward to finding out these conferences.

I'm sure they'll be screwed up lol

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Only ones I remember off the top of my head are fluke/Genoa to 3a-5, bhg and Glenn rose to 3a-6

Lead hill to 3a1 east

And Augusta wants to remain 2a in all sports despite being 1a sized

BigLion10

Augusta is the reason we moved to the 2a-5 conference in basketball

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 19, 2015, 09:47:11 pm
Augusta is the reason we moved to the 2a-5 conference in basketball

I think they want to go to the 2a-3

BigLion10

When we moved down in 2011 I meant they threw a fit so they put them in the 6 and us in the 5 cause they didn't want to play in the 3 with EPC and monk and company

Real deal

Quote from: HF on August 19, 2015, 02:14:47 pm

Magazine won a state title in football recently....mineral springs it's good some years, not so much other years ..they're both 1a size schools.

And I hear ya RD, out of curiosity it's there even any interest in bay for football

No I've never heard any talk of it at all. 

Moonshiner

Quote from: Real deal on August 20, 2015, 09:00:06 am
Quote from: HF on August 19, 2015, 02:14:47 pm

No I've never heard any talk of it at all.

With the athletes you guys have I would think you could compete quite well. 

RedWolf275

My initial observations are that BIC and Bay will be playing again. My other observation is that if I was the Armorel coach, I would be looking for a new job!!

Real deal

Quote from: RedWolf275 on August 21, 2015, 06:55:36 am
My initial observations are that BIC and Bay will be playing again. My other observation is that if I was the Armorel coach, I would be looking for a new job!!

LOL, looking on the bright side Armorel should be ready for the Class A district, but with all due respect to them, they have played alot of the good AA competition around here for years also.  It is why they have faired very respectably in the post-season.  That being said, I would say there is more than a little difference in this conference and the rest of the 1A-2A conferences!! Wow, can you say loaded? But I really am proud it turned out this way.

RedWolf275

I agree that it is the toughest 1A-2A combined leagues. I still have a hard time calling them conferences. With Bay,EPC,BIC and Earle in there, it just about has to be the toughest. There have been a lot of state championships among those four in recent years.

sixthman

So, will these combined districts also be combined when it comes tournament time? Will the state tourney be a 1A/2A thing or will they be split into two?

WPWells

Quote from: sixthman on September 11, 2015, 04:24:27 pm
So, will these combined districts also be combined when it comes tournament time? Will the state tourney be a 1A/2A thing or will they be split into two?

Split

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas