• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trinity Christian Team Camp

Started by Jonnyboy1215, July 21, 2015, 09:00:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

BigLion10

Oldref

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 23, 2015, 04:08:14 pm
They graduated over half of the team last year and recieved three transfers from schools in the area this year. They are senior, Tanner Hamilton,  and Juniors Steve Austin and Colby McElwee. All three will start this season. They have two returning starters who will be juniors and quite a few sophomores who can play. Should be pretty deep compared to previous years.
Did those three transfers actually start school at Trinity this year? Heard from a friend down south they didn't come to Trinity.

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: Oldref on September 17, 2015, 10:59:35 am
Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 23, 2015, 04:08:14 pm
They graduated over half of the team last year and recieved three transfers from schools in the area this year. They are senior, Tanner Hamilton,  and Juniors Steve Austin and Colby McElwee. All three will start this season. They have two returning starters who will be juniors and quite a few sophomores who can play. Should be pretty deep compared to previous years.
Did those three transfers actually start school at Trinity this year? Heard from a friend down south they didn't come to Trinity.

There was a lot of controversy over the eligibility of the players, but all except for Steve Austin are at Trinity now.

Thechosen1

Silky Johnson

BigLion10

That's the bottom line cause stone cold said so!!

Jonnyboy1215

Moonshiner

I don't mean this to offend, it's an honest question.  Maybe it pertains to this scenario, maybe not.  But if a Christian school goes after players (Recruits), and this act is considered an illegal act, isn't that hat a sinful thing to do?  Hence making that an Unchristian school?

Silky Johnson

I thought private schools could technically recruit or at least award scholarships of sorts.

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 18, 2015, 09:03:20 am
I don't mean this to offend, it's an honest question.  Maybe it pertains to this scenario, maybe not.  But if a Christian school goes after players (Recruits), and this act is considered an illegal act, isn't that hat a sinful thing to do?  Hence making that an Unchristian school?

Well, first, the players weren't recruited, they initiated the interest. And second, everyone sins so if you're basing it being a Christian school off of sin, then they would be an "unchristian school" along with every other Christian school in the nation. And we would only have "unchristian" churches as well. So no they did not recruit and no that would not make them "unchristian" if they had. It would just mean that they did sin by breaking AAA rules. Hope that clears things up.

Moonshiner

I have wondered this for some time.  I don't live in that area so I know nothing about Trinity Christian or if they recruit. 
I know all of us sin.  Just figured a Christian school would be the rule followers of the group. 
Good luck to Trinity as they as they continue to not recruit players.

HorseFeathers

Probably best if we stay off the religion topic...

Moonshiner

sorry man.  I thought it was more of a recruiting topic. They are a religious school so I figured it was fair question. Back to team camp. 

Silky Johnson

So the 2 other non-recruits who are at Trinity are the post and a guard?

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 18, 2015, 01:15:39 pm
So the 2 other non-recruits who are at Trinity are the post and a guard?

yes, but the post can also play forward since he can shoot from pretty much anywhere on the floor.

Silky Johnson

yesteryearman

I heard that Trinity had at least four "move-ins", but three of them are ineligible for one year because they continue to live in Texas, and the other is 6'8" and is eligible since he did move into Arkansas....can anyone confirm this, now that season has started?

Jonnyboy1215

Of the three move-ins previously talked about on this board, two are at Trinity and families have moved to Arkansas so they are both elegible. I am not possitive if they received any other move-ins however.

Silky Johnson

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 23, 2015, 11:07:01 am
Which 2 are eligible?

Colby McElwee who is a junior. Plays point guard. And Tanner Hamilton who is a senior. 6'8" post.

Silky Johnson

Yeah they didn't have the Austin kid listed on the roster but had Mcelwee as a 5'9 Jr. and Hamilton a 6'10 Sr.

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 23, 2015, 11:38:23 am
Yeah they didn't have the Austin kid listed on the roster but had Mcelwee as a 5'9 Jr. and Hamilton a 6'10 Sr.

That's probably more accurate

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas