• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Year Top Player

Started by BasketballFan8680, March 14, 2015, 08:26:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on July 22, 2015, 05:19:30 pm
Don't know that he would've had much help at Scranton but yeah I'd be surprised if he didn't go with his dad. Didn't know Dover was 4a now either, know they didn't make state but did they reach regionals?

Don't think so... been a while since they've done much of anything

Silky Johnson

Hmm.. well that might blow region 1 wide open as far as I know. County line, Jasper, western grove, and ? Roby probably would've led the rockets to at least the 1st round of state.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on July 22, 2015, 05:26:38 pm
Hmm.. well that might blow region 1 wide open as far as I know. County line, Jasper, western grove, and ? Roby probably would've led the rockets to at least the 1st round of state.

County line will be young, but heard they have a lot of talent coming up from junior high..

Jasper could be good... they have a nonconference game with Kirby this year.

Western grove... did the younger grice graduate?

I wanna say I heard some good things about Kingstons junior high..maybe they'll be the fourth team?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Silky Johnson on July 22, 2015, 05:26:38 pm

Kingston and County Line on that side.  Jasper and probably Alpena on the other.  Western Grove lost too many weapons

HorseFeathers

Completely forgot about alpena... they gave Scranton all they wanted at region last year...

Moonshiner

Omaha did as well, till midway through the third.
Alpena has most all of them back plus some good young talent.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on July 22, 2015, 05:32:58 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on July 22, 2015, 05:32:58 pm

Didn't see that game...if alpena brought back the bulk of their team then they should contend for that region..

Thechosen1

Alpena was not good at all last year, they got stroked in the first round. My pick is Taylor Layne at being number one player in 1a next year

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Thechosen1 on August 25, 2015, 10:32:00 am
Alpena was not good at all last year, they got stroked in the first round. My pick is Taylor Layne at being number one player in 1a next year
Isn't Prichett bays best player? Prichett is a sr this year right?

Thechosen1

Yes they both can go. Layne will have a big year

RedWolf275

I believe Pritchett will be the guy this year.

not so slim shady

rammer

not so slim shady

Yes- I used to play some ball with his dad and one of his uncles. Heard he moved to Guy from Greenbrier this year. Should be a top notch player in A. I heard they also have a senior guard that moved back to Guy that was there through the tenth grade that is really good also. Should be a fun team to watch. I am going to try to catch them early in the year.

not so slim shady

rammer- do you agree that he should be one of the top juniors in class A this year?

rammer

Yes, I think Ballard will open a lot of eyes this year. I have a son that has played summer ball with him off and on since 5th grade. He has a really good jump shot and  is excellent at driving to the basket. In Guy-Perkins system I think he will put up a lot of points.

StateChamps09

All around from what I've seen this year, Josh Ballard, he scores at will night after night and is hard to stop. Another is there guard Timothy Campbell he creates his on space, and will create a shot from anywhere in the court and I do mean anywhere. And you can't really guard him, he's to fast on the dribble, and if your faster then him he'll go around you, he's got incredible ball controls

YamThis

November 11, 2015, 08:49:49 pm #67 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:51:47 pm by YamThis
Armorel 's Sr Nash Winters playing very consistent ... he really came alive end of last year and this year already posting impressive stats.

Thechosen1

Quote from: YamThis on November 11, 2015, 08:49:49 pm
Armorel 's Sr Nash Winters playing very consistent ... he really came alive end of last year and this year already posting impressive stats.
He's a good player but no where near a top player in any classification I would think.

YamThis

Keep watching his stats, he might change your mind  :)

Thechosen1

They must've not been that great if they only beat ridgefield by 9.. Just saying.

YamThis

November 13, 2015, 08:18:43 am #71 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:44:40 am by YamThis
Now it makes sense ... you can make excuses for Bay having a bad game and players have an "off" night or being in a "slump" but to give any other team credit or player some consideration on improving thats not happening huh? Armorel team has a great group of kids; are they super talented NO but they scrap for everything they accomplish and that determination ends up producing some good games. Although Bay is always a challenge and a great team Armorel is not stacked or bought, Armorel always makes it interesting! So back to my original statement is he a top player in the state NO but he is putting up good stats to make him one of the top players in our conference, just giving the kid some credit.

Silky Johnson

Wouldn't say armorel makes it interesting. Holding the ball for 3/4 of the game then getting blown out isn't interesting at all.

BannerMountainMan

Probably Privitt and Freeman from Shirley

ReddieKnightTrojan

The Bershers girl from Caddo will definitely be an impact player when she figures stuff out. She is tall and athletic. She can effectively play all 5 positions including bringing the ball down the court and posting up. Right now there is some drama on the team with a 9th grader having more talent in her toe than senior guards. Coach is letting it work itself out, but if the stars line up, Caddo will be a force to reckon with.

StateChamps09

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 28, 2015, 11:18:34 am
Probably Privitt and Freeman from Shirley

Your telling me that those kids are better then a kid whom single handedly dropped 35 on you both times you sqaured off against guy? Those kids are good no doubt, neither however is the best in 1a

Blueway

January 09, 2016, 03:43:09 pm #76 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:35:15 am by Blueway
I feel

Yuk-yuk

ReddieKnightTrojan

Sara Bershers through 22 games.

13.5 ppg
6.6 rpg
1.3 ast
1.5 stl
2.5 blk
44% from field
31% 3pt
67% ft