• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Year Top Player

Started by BasketballFan8680, March 14, 2015, 08:26:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballFan8680

In your opinion who will be the best player in 1A next year ?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on March 14, 2015, 08:26:16 pm

Probably Pritchard from Bay....The best sophmores though could be the guards from Kirby, or the kids coming up at County Line.

Baller4life23

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Baller4life23 on March 15, 2015, 09:54:43 pm
Conor Roby. Scranton.

He might be the best shooter next year in 1A if nothing else...

Nikeflyer145

Griffin from wonderview has to be in there he didn't get any recognition last year or this year but In my prospective next year will be one of the best players in 1a

Backboard Shattered

Backboard Shattered WSGF 83 crew

Bigbird2012

*Revels from Emerson IF he doesn't have anymore surgeries- My nephew plays summer ball with him and just told me last night he was already talking about having another surgery on his knee
*Pritchard from Bay

Catfish

Quote from: HF on March 15, 2015, 08:23:50 pm
Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on March 14, 2015, 08:26:16 pm

Probably Pritchard from Bay....The best sophmores though could be the guards from Kirby, or the kids coming up at County Line.

Agreed

yesteryearman

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on March 19, 2015, 08:42:49 am
*Revels from Emerson IF he doesn't have anymore surgeries- My nephew plays summer ball with him and just told me last night he was already talking about having another surgery on his knee
*Pritchard from Bay

IMO for Revels to be a top player his health will definitely have to improve, and he will need some help from the two sophomores and Emerson will need to develop an inside game from the two big kids....if not, everybody will concentrate on Revels and slow him down.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Nikeflyer145 on March 19, 2015, 07:31:13 am
Griffin from wonderview has to be in there he didn't get any recognition last year or this year but In my prospective next year will be one of the best players in 1a

What's he going to have around him next year?

Nikeflyer145

I watched them play at regionals against Bradford ik there gonna have #34 back who was a 6th man off the bench very athletic and capable of a double double any given night also saw them play against jessieville and saw that the second string is also pretty good idk if they are state contenders but definitely room to progress

redhawkmomma

HorseFeathers

Quote from: redhawkmomma on April 10, 2015, 02:51:47 pm
What about in 1A girls?

Mahan or the Post from Nemo Vista could make a good case for being the best in the class next year....

pootnscoot

Cooper from ICC should be in consideration for best 1A girl next year.

arstatechamp13

TJ Richardson from Concord is a good player. Not the quickest but can handle the ball extremely well and knows how to use his length to score. He can play any position, shoot with anybody in the state and is one of the smartest players I've watched

Batman44

I am definitely a T J Richardson fan. Hoping he has a great season, and a good supporting cast around him.

RedWolf275

I like Pritchett from Bay. With Watson gone he will be the guy.

J.D.

Quote from: HF on April 10, 2015, 06:19:15 pm
Quote from: redhawkmomma on April 10, 2015, 02:51:47 pm
What about in 1A girls?

Mahan or the Post from Nemo Vista could make a good case for being the best in the class next year....

Nemo's entire team.

The Cooper girl is solid as well.

Jonnyboy1215

HorseFeathers

ballmember

The Cooper girl is the best i have seen and I am told is a  Division 1 prospect.  Appears to have the complete game.   I have not watched her in AAU but understand is doing quite well.   

Baller4life23

WPWells

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: HF on July 02, 2015, 07:09:23 pm
Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 02, 2015, 05:52:15 pm
Tanner Hamilton.

Where from?

Just keep that name in mind when the season starts. And there will be a very unexpected team in the state tournament this year.

Silky Johnson

Bay has Sr. Tyler Pritchett  trying to win his 3rd state championship and Jr. Taylor Layne as another key scorer.

Jonnyboy1215

Just wait. There is a surprise team that's going to be cold this year. Just wait for it. You'll all be surprised.

HorseFeathers

Judging by your post history.... you support a region 4 team. So it's just a new year, same story..

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: HF on July 06, 2015, 06:23:41 am
Judging by your post history.... you support a region 4 team. So it's just a new year, same story..

As the first part of that comment may be correct, the second part is where you are largely mistaken. See the beauty of high school basketball is that kids graduate, younger kids move up, and new transfers come in as is the case with this team. So, yes, it may be a new year, but that doesn't always mean the same team... Or the same story...

Silky Johnson

The south has had some good teams but it has been the same story lately. There was also complaining about not having the state South enough. The champs have been from region 2 each of the last 3 tournaments down south.
2012-SAU-Mammoth Spring
2013-Bradley-Bay
2015-Nashville-Bay

NWA Hawg

See Bay posters, this is why no one likes yall. Jonny boy just simply stated he thought there would be a surprise team and then you all go to running down region 4. The same region that has had 4 of the final 8 teams in the state tournament the last two years. Heck they had 3 of the final 4 this year. Sure they haven't won it in a while but you have to remember only 4 of the 16 teams in the state tournament are from the south. Obviously the north has a much better chance of winning it every year. 12 of the 16 teams are from there. How about region 1? We never hear nothing about them being bad but when is the last time they did anything? Heck Bay is carrying the north because no one in the south has the resources to do what bay does. None of the region 4 teams can go out and pay a guy 50,000 + to coach sr girls for half a season just to get his brother to come play ball for them. Also your enrollment crushes region 4 teams. Let's just compare state final teams this year.  Yall graduated 42 this year. The state runner ups at Emerson 15. For god sakes y'all's k-6 enrollment of 330 is bigger than the enrollment of the whole school of emerson k-12 303. Even your 7-12 enrollment of 256 is nearly the same size as the whole school. Y'all's k-12 enrollment was larger than half of the 2a schools and every other 1a school. So you all just keep making great hires (or coaches with benefits), keep beating down schools half your size, and keep telling us how great yall are for doing it. We will just keep trying to do are best with the  home grown talent we were given.

Backboard Shattered

Baboom that just happened!  Lol great post no one could have said it better

Silky Johnson

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fann07 on July 06, 2015, 01:55:15 pm
See Bay posters, this is why no one likes yall. Jonny boy just simply stated he thought there would be a surprise team and then you all go to running down region 4. The same region that has had 4 of the final 8 teams in the state tournament the last two years. Heck they had 3 of the final 4 this year. Sure they haven't won it in a while but you have to remember only 4 of the 16 teams in the state tournament are from the south. Obviously the north has a much better chance of winning it every year. 12 of the 16 teams are from there. How about region 1? We never hear nothing about them being bad but when is the last time they did anything? Heck Bay is carrying the north because no one in the south has the resources to do what bay does. None of the region 4 teams can go out and pay a guy 50,000 + to coach sr girls for half a season just to get his brother to come play ball for them. Also your enrollment crushes region 4 teams. Let's just compare state final teams this year.  Yall graduated 42 this year. The state runner ups at Emerson 15. For god sakes y'all's k-6 enrollment of 330 is bigger than the enrollment of the whole school of emerson k-12 303. Even your 7-12 enrollment of 256 is nearly the same size as the whole school. Y'all's k-12 enrollment was larger than half of the 2a schools and every other 1a school. So you all just keep making great hires (or coaches with benefits), keep beating down schools half your size, and keep telling us how great yall are for doing it. We will just keep trying to do are best with the  home grown talent we were given.

Great Rant...Nice Numbers...it's a shame I'm not from Bay...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 06, 2015, 12:13:12 pm

As the first part of that comment may be correct, the second part is where you are largely mistaken. See the beauty of high school basketball is that kids graduate, younger kids move up, and new transfers come in as is the case with this team. So, yes, it may be a new year, but that doesn't always mean the same team... Or the same story...

And seriously, where's the kid from? I got a buddy that wants to do a bucket list and hit several odd ball sites this year that we've never been to before...

Oldref

Quote from: HF on July 06, 2015, 07:31:58 pm

There are several good points in his rant and some things that are not quite right also. One thing to think about.......he references Emerson and Emerson is a small school even for class A that had to consolidate on paper with two other districts to be able to hold on. I am happy that they could do that and keep their school. There is quite a bit of difference in all classifications between the largest and smallest schools and it is really magnified in class A because of the situation I just pointed out concerning consolidations of small districts on paper only. Now all of  that said........ again I am happy they are able to do that and keep their schools but it does tend to skew the numbers a little for comparison and that was the district choice to do that to keep schools in the local communities. A good choice in my humble opinion.

Concerning the girls coaching hire that was mentioned.........we have been over that several times. Free country and people move especially if they improve their personal situation by doing it. Since fann07 is so good at research he can look back and get the details from earlier discussions.  Coach Watson is now building a girls basketball program and new house in Bay. Seems he and his family are very happy and he has the girls program definitely headed in the right direction with some really good young talent coming on. Hope he stays a long time and hopefully hangs a banner for the girls program.  Heaven forbid if the Bay boys and girls both won that just might put some folks on this board over the edge:-)

One other thing...... Coach Watson has a young son that is going to be something else as a basketball/baseball player. He can already do things that will amaze you and he is just coming out of kindergarten. Now.... when he is a sr will people still be calling him a move in on this board and saying they only hired his dad to get him? Just asking:-)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldref on July 06, 2015, 09:19:05 pm

There are several good points in his rant and some things that are not quite right also. One thing to think about.......he references Emerson and Emerson is a small school even for class A that had to consolidate on paper with two other districts to be able to hold on. I am happy that they could do that and keep their school. There is quite a bit of difference in all classifications between the largest and smallest schools and it is really magnified in class A because of the situation I just pointed out concerning consolidations of small districts on paper only. Now all of  that said........ again I am happy they are able to do that and keep their schools but it does tend to skew the numbers a little for comparison and that was the district choice to do that to keep schools in the local communities. A good choice in my humble opinion.

Concerning the girls coaching hire that was mentioned.........we have been over that several times. Free country and people move especially if they improve their personal situation by doing it. Since fann07 is so good at research he can look back and get the details from earlier discussions.  Coach Watson is now building a girls basketball program and new house in Bay. Seems he and his family are very happy and he has the girls program definitely headed in the right direction with some really good young talent coming on. Hope he stays a long time and hopefully hangs a banner for the girls program.  Heaven forbid if the Bay boys and girls both won that just might put some folks on this board over the edge:-)

One other thing...... Coach Watson has a young son that is going to be something else as a basketball/baseball player. He can already do things that will amaze you and he is just coming out of kindergarten. Now.... when he is a sr will people still be calling him a move in on this board and saying they only hired his dad to get him? Just asking:-)

I hear the younger son beat Colton at a game of 1-on-1 the other day...11-0 or something like that...AmIright?

Oldref

Quote from: HF on July 06, 2015, 09:25:39 pm
Quote from: Oldref on July 06, 2015, 09:19:05 pm

I hear the younger son beat Colton at a game of 1-on-1 the other day...11-0 or something like that...AmIright?
Rumor has it they do battle but keep the scores to themselves........you may have it right HF:-) He is going to be a dandy!!!

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: HF on July 06, 2015, 07:33:10 pm

And seriously, where's the kid from? I got a buddy that wants to do a bucket list and hit several odd ball sites this year that we've never been to before...

He is playing for Trinity Christian this year. He will be the best player in 1A and possibly even 2A combined.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 06, 2015, 11:05:23 pm

He is playing for Trinity Christian this year. He will be the best player in 1A and possibly even 2A combined.

Is Trinity one of those schools that benefits from transfers quite often?

Backboard Shattered

As we speak Bay just had a lunch lady opening or janitor opening! 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on July 07, 2015, 06:56:12 am

I suspected it was trinity from your post history. Will they play any game I  the little rock or possibly hot springs area this year

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: HF on July 07, 2015, 09:04:37 am
Quote from: Moonshiner on July 07, 2015, 06:56:12 am

I suspected it was trinity from your post history. Will they play any game I  the little rock or possibly hot springs area this year
Possibly. I'm not positive. I know they play a summer tournament at Lake Hamilton next Monday and Tuesday.

Backboard Shattered

Sounds like may be some scouting going on for that opening lol

WPWells

BigLion10

arstatechamp13

Some people will go to such great lengths just to prove a point about high school basketball. 

BigLion10

Not 2A we have that covered  ;D

Silky Johnson

Only saw Roby against Kirby last year but this year he'll def be option No. 1 if he's at Scranton. Don't know that he's the best though with a few players from Bay, Emerson's PG, and Revels all playing this year.

HorseFeathers

Figuring roby will be at 4a Dover with his dad...

Silky Johnson

Don't know that he would've had much help at Scranton but yeah I'd be surprised if he didn't go with his dad. Didn't know Dover was 4a now either, know they didn't make state but did they reach regionals?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas