• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts/Predictions on Championship Games

Started by epotts, March 10, 2015, 02:03:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman44

Well, at least if they were playing each other, I hope you know who I would be yelling for.

Catfish

Quote from: Batman44 on March 11, 2015, 05:12:45 pm
Well, at least if they were playing each other, I hope you know who I would be yelling for.

I do for sure!

dragondad

Quote from: Catfish on March 11, 2015, 05:13:55 pm

I do for sure!

Junction City?? :-)

J.D.

Quote from: dragondad on March 11, 2015, 05:41:50 pm
Quote from: Catfish on March 11, 2015, 05:13:55 pm

I do for sure!

Junction City?? :-)

Mt.Vernon-Enola??  8)

Batman44

dragondad

Jonnyboy1215

I'm taking Emerson by 4. They've played a great season this year and definitely deserve it. I'm not an Emerson fan, but I've gotta give credit where credit is due and those guys can play some ball. It's fun to watch a team who doesn't win off of pure athleticism (even though Emerson is super athletic) but also discipline. Plus I'd really like to see a team from 7 East win a title.   

HorseFeathers

Bay...THey'll probably pick their margin in this one...

Nemo Vista.....Wonderview may have the best player and possibly the best coach in 1A, but Nemo Vista has the better all around team, if you take out games @ Wonderview, then the Lady Red Hawks are 5-1 against WV the past 2 seasons....

PuddlePirate12

IMO.. This boys championship game simply boils down to free throws. Bay is obviously going to hit their free throws. If you take away free throws (Emerson was 8-16 while bay was 29-32) the score is 65-49 Emerson back in December. If Emerson can simply keep Bay from spending the night at the free throw line I really like their chances. Or even if Emerson can go to the line as much as Bay that would be good. When your opponent shoots twice as many free throws as you and you only shoot 50% you won't win many ball games. Because if Emerson simply gets to the line as much as Bay did back on Dec. 13, and they still only shoot 50% the score would've been 81-78 Emerson. So I say if A) Emerson keeps Bay from shooting more free throws than 3 pointers, or B) Emerson gets themselves to the line, even with their awful percentage, they win by 5. If not Bay will win by 10.

Either way I want to congratulate both teams and wish them the best of luck. They deserve to be here. It should be a good game

Pirate1992

See you at the game tonight Puddle.. Go Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smackdat014

I believe the Emetson vs Bay game coułd go either way. If Watson misses free throws like he had last few games(let's hope he does) then I say pirates will pull it off. BUT watsons a great ball player, being the Finals he may not miss a one. Considering at Emerson he was like 23/25 from the free throw line.
But let's go PIRATES!! Y'all deserve the Win!

MoTownDog

Wonderview's Zimmerman goes out with a bang for her last high school game and is too much for Nemo to handle.

AcornTigerFan

Pulling for Emerson!! They are a classy group of guys, no mouthing or attitudes in any games I saw. They have to play good defense on Bay's shooters though!

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: AcornTigerFan on March 12, 2015, 02:23:57 pm
Pulling for Emerson!! They are a classy group of guys, no mouthing or attitudes in any games I saw. They have to play good defense on Bay's shooters though!

Thanks TigerFan. Our team has always been respectful to teams that are respectful to them. Those Acorn boys are some fine young men as well. We appreciate the support

D6Bound

Well ladies and gents the finale has come. Will Colton Watson, the 20 year old man, finish his 7 year career on top of his class with a ring and an MVP award? Or will the Emerson Pirates put a stop to the Jacket Nest and write a piece of their own history? The stakes are at its highest and only one victor will emerge. Find out who it will be tonight at The Summit.

clockkiller

well all of you couch coaches that predicted ICC to Kirby to win bay girls to win well where are they? At the house the to power house girls teams will play for the championship of 1a an that's the way it will be next season!!!! Wonderview by 5 Go DareDevils..

D6Bound

And the dude who said Bay should be competing in the 6A/7A class...you are stupid

arstatechamp13

"Coltan Watson the 20 year old man"

Dying right now 😂😂😂

HorseFeathers

Quote from: clockkiller on March 12, 2015, 04:35:57 pm
well all of you couch coaches that predicted ICC to Kirby to win bay girls to win well where are they? At the house the to power house girls teams will play for the championship of 1a an that's the way it will be next season!!!! Wonderview by 5 Go DareDevils..

In Kirby's defense they gave nemo all they wanted....

LHHC

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 12, 2015, 04:54:17 pm

Dying right now 😂😂😂

Seriously though, how many kids have been able to play 7 years of jr and sr high ball combined?  Do you know of any Silky or how about you bscinar?  Or are y'all the same person?

D6Bound

March 12, 2015, 07:45:55 pm #70 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:47:57 pm by D6Bound
The Yellow Jackets lead the way at the half 43-30 as the 7 year old veteran Colton Watson, scoring 24 already, looks as if he does not want to have to repeat another year to finally get his state ring. Emerson must find a spark in the 3rd Quarter before it's too late.

doubled

What school is Watson going to next year?

Donnie Jamon

doubled

Pirate1992

Congrats to the Bay yellow jackets 1A state champs, &proud of my Emerson pirates..runner ups.. #5 Watson a pure Larry Bird what a show he put on.. we will be back tho.. 4 starters coming. Back

WhatsUrRingSize

Dying right now
Get over it he is only 18 will not be 19 until late summer. Bay State Champs once again.

J.D.

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on March 13, 2015, 11:27:59 am

Dying right now
Get over it he is only 18 will not be 19 until late summer. Bay State Champs once again.

The only things we should be discussing about Watson is:

1) Where is he playing college ball

2) Why there isn't a warrant out for his arrest on several counts of murder last night. (I did see that he is 4th all-time in points scored in a state finals game. Ridiculous)

Batman44

arstatechamp13

I like how I was attacked for laughing at someone's joke. I've never seen the kid and don't have a thing against him. Congratulations Bay. Lol I can just appreciate a good joke

RedWolf275

HorseFeathers

lawsuit material for others......and yes it almost came to that point for some on here who felt the need to hide behind a screen and continuously drag a teenage kid.s name through the mud...

dragondad

Made this post on another thread but since Watson seems to be a hot topic I'll post here as well.

What murdered Emerson was their shooting. Just can't shoot 30% against a team of Bay's caliber....or anywhere near. Emerson shoots 45-50% and the ending would have been totally different.

Watson is a beast and, as hard as it was to watch, he's impressive. Wish nothing but the best for him in the years to come, I love to see AR kids be successful at what they live and love to do.

Congrats to Bay and to Emerson, both of you should be proud about the great season you had and making it to the finale. Hope to see you both at the top again in the future.....especially the Pirates!

Moonshiner

Quote from: J.D. on March 13, 2015, 02:27:28 pm
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on March 13, 2015, 11:27:59 am

Dying right now

The only things we should be discussing about Watson is:

1) Where is he playing college ball

2) Why there isn't a warrant out for his arrest on several counts of murder last night. (I did see that he is 4th all-time in points scored in a state finals game. Ridiculous)

So where is he playing college ball?  Very impressive effort in the finals.
I think the teammates should be getting some praise too.  Emerson could not score inside against Bays big kid.  He put on a clinic of how to go straight up and belly up.  Admittedly he got away with a few, but Emerson couldn't shoot over him inside and couldn't make a three. I think without him it would've been an interesting game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas