• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle vs Clarendon battle for 5th place in the 6-2A

Started by Ventman, October 21, 2017, 10:57:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventman

I will give the edge to the Lions because it's on the river.

Coach95

Carlisle will pull it together and run it on the lions, while the lions are done and get ready to play basketball bc it gets a lil cooler next week.

MomaLion

da greatest bigbaby

Early thread you guys can't get outta marvell quick enough lol Go lions whip Carlisle for our homecoming  28-14

jbtiger73

The bison have a pretty good rushing attack. Lions with too much speed though. Bison also have a very disciplined defense. But did give up a nice chunk of rushing yards against Brinkley, especially in the first half. So sounds like a toss up to me. Maybe an edge to clarendon. Look at it this way, loser goes home, winner gets an all expenses paid trip to the defending state champions,  Mt. Ida Lions. 😀😀😀😀😫

Old Scrapper

BisonFan1

I think this will be a close game, but I'll go with Carlisle by 7.  One thing that is worth mentioning, the Bison are down several players (or at least they were for Brinkley).  Taylor, Metcalf, Sanders, Garrich and I may be be missing a few others.  That's a lot to overcome when you only have 21 to begin with. 

I will say, I liked what I saw against Brinkley.  It looks like the coaches added a few new wrinkles on offense and the defense did pretty good.  Granted, it was against Brinkley, but hopefully that will carry over to these last two games. 

Ventman

I agree with JB the winner gets Mt Ida and that will not be good for either team. But hey at least the winner gets one more game. Good luck to both teams.

Wonderdog

It would mean a LOT for Clarendon to get back to the playoffs since......not even sure when. It would be big. Carlisle is used to being a playoff team. Go Lions!

MomaLion

Agreed. We were also missing several key players for the Brinkley game including starting qb... not injured,  I believe he was in Texas for something with basketball and Sr K Johnson. We finally had most players back against Marvell.

big E

A kid missed a football game for something related to Basketball? And he's still on the team?

mr.gametime

Quote from: big E on October 22, 2017, 05:33:50 am
A kid missed a football game for something related to Basketball? And he's still on the team?

Was it a recruiting trip for a school thats recruiting him in basketball and will possibly offer him a scholarship???  If so thats very understandable

da greatest bigbaby

Come on you guys @ least he is playing football unlike Augusta Brinkley ect an besides we got a summit run this year with Earle  lol an those 2 or d-1 basketball players out their help'n out

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on October 22, 2017, 05:33:50 am
It was prestigious. So yes. He's looking at scholarships. It's not like he just decided not to go lol.

MomaLion

Quote from: mr.gametime on October 22, 2017, 08:15:45 am
Was it a recruiting trip for a school thats recruiting him in basketball and will possibly offer him a scholarship???  If so thats very understandable
Scouts camp

jbtiger73

Bigbaby, y'all finally beat us after all these years, now you wanna talk crap. No wonder everyone on here hopes the lions get beat. Fyi, we have a team this year. I dont make excuses about how many players we have or don't have. Injuries and ish happens in football. You play with the hand you're dealt with. Its fans like you that are talking about basketball on every football thread, when your team is one step away from making the playoffs for the first time in a number of years. But i guess its always basketball season down by the river. Or at least with the holly grove fans

hornetfan8

Big game for both teams. Going with the bison by a touchdown

da greatest bigbaby

Well jbtiger were not gonna get beat Friday were gonna whip Carlisle it's our homecoming an you sound like big e now but noo surprise from you guys  lol an I'm assuming ur talking bout football an as far as basketball you guys just show up we will be ready just like for next football season also now moving forward we're pretty salty this year an regardless what you guys say we are headed back to the summit lol go lions o an jbtiger what does it matter to you an big e if our star players go to a basketball scholarship recruit visit against yaw in football we still won jbtiger lol

big E

It's gonna be cold maybe wet , if Clarendon can keep from getting the warm gym syndrome. They have a shot. Carlisle is gonna pound the ball with those big linemen and backs. 44 is a load and Clarendon is not that physical up front.

big E

I could care less if your whole team goes to a tiddly winks camp . That just sums up the whole reason why you probably won't win Friday. Carlisle ain't thinking about basketball.

da greatest bigbaby

October 22, 2017, 05:35:01 pm #21 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:45:22 pm by da greatest bigbaby
 Lions by 2 touchdowns over Carlisle an as far as Brinkley Palestine-wheatly an Augusta is concerned by 40 basketball lol

big E

jbtiger73

You've been concerned about basketball since football spring practice. You do know historically, Brinkley has been better than clarendon in every sport, right???? Even during the world famous ced and tank years. So just embrace success and be happy with it. Because if you fall short, especially in basketball, then you'll be talking about next year earlier than you expected to.

da greatest bigbaby

October 22, 2017, 07:49:54 pm #24 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:36:50 am by da greatest bigbaby
Fall short jbtiger lol if you guys an big e them hoop team is anything like football which I'm assuming we're going have a breeze lol but anywhoo it's a fine time to start getting worried bout your  hoops scores an the mighty lions try practicing an  prepare'n on time lol an  you guys kno what's plan'd in bout 2 or 3 weeks soo get ready  lol soo I'm not sure  what your ask'n us tiger I kno  it's not to lite up the scoreboard on you guys  I can't tell em not to play like champions lol o an it's to late to be talking bout the clarendon greats me ced tank ect I went over that already remember lol move'n forward an its better for our star hoop players to go on a recruit visit now then when were like  25 -2 rank'd no.1  an finna whip Earle an bohanon them @ the district in Carlisle an @ the summit lol cutter got lucky last year an we whip'd state  runners up mark tree easily lol

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 22, 2017, 04:06:02 pm
Bigbaby, y'all finally beat us after all these years, now you wanna talk crap. No wonder everyone on here hopes the lions get beat. Fyi, we have a team this year. I dont make excuses about how many players we have or don't have. Injuries and ish happens in football. You play with the hand you're dealt with. Its fans like you that are talking about basketball on every football thread, when your team is one step away from making the playoffs for the first time in a number of years. But i guess its always basketball season down by the river. Or at least with the holly grove fans
Come on now JB, we've listened to y'alls crap for years, give us our due.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on October 22, 2017, 05:25:53 pm
I could care less if your whole team goes to a tiddly winks camp . That just sums up the whole reason why you probably won't win Friday. Carlisle ain't thinking about basketball.
Who said the team is thinking about basketball.  We had a player invited to a scout camp LAST MONTH. He has had his head in football ever since.  Personally, I appreciate that our coaches work together for the betterment of the kids instead of having the "my way or the highway" mentality.  You know darn well that if one of y'alls basketball players had something similar for baseball, he'd do it and nobody would say a word.
Now as y'all keep preaching at us, this is about football...and my Lions are focused.  We had all but 1 player back last week I believe so we should be in good shape.

big E

How is your qb leaving the team on game night better for the team? And here you can't do anything in another sport until the sport you are in is over. At least in school now we do have kids do things on weekends. Not on game night.

big E

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on October 22, 2017, 07:49:54 pm
Fall short jbtiger lol if you guys an big e them hoop team is anything like football which I'm assuming we're going have a breeze lol but anywhoo it's a fine time to start getting worried bout your  hoops scores an the might lions try practicing an  prepare'n on time lol an  you guys kno what's plan'd in bout 2 or 3 weeks soo get ready  lol soo I'm not sure  what our ask'n us tiger I kno  it's not to lite up the scoreboard on you guys  I can't tell em not to play like champions lol o an it's to late to be talking bout the clarendon greats me ced tank ect I went over that already remember lol move'n forward an its better for our star hoop players to go on a recruit visit now then when were like  25 -2 rank'd no.1  an finna whip Earle an bohanon them @ the district in Carlisle an @ the summit lol cutter got lucky last year an we whip'd state  runners up mark tree easily lol

I noticed you called yourself a great , funny only see 3 jerseys on that fence and you ain't any if them guess your one if those second string all stars.

jbtiger73

@ momma, when was the last time I got on here talking crap about how bad Clarendon is or was? Yeah, we were getting in the playoffs for a little bit. But mainly as a 5 or 4 seed. But the difference is, we're far more appreciative of the grind that it is to make the playoffs. Not talking about you or Lions 84. But guys like da greatest bigloser. If a Brinkley fan was on here talking about hoops since the spring, when we have a team that could be playoff bound, I would personally call them out. Regardless wether they're from Brinkley or not. It just seems like people there condone that type of behavior. Maybe because it's been the norm.

littleman

I don't see Clarendon winning this one, Carlisle is too physical up front, you will not be able to move the ball between the tackles. I do believe this will be a close ballgame. Now for tha greatest big loser, I can remember a time when Clarendon was PWs doormat in basketball, you've had some good teams granted, how many D1 basketball players have yall had, or SEC D1 players????? Just curious, and yea yall will beat us pretty bad on the court, who gives a S?@? . This is a football forum. If Clarendon doesn't win it will be because they were cheated or Carlisle was dirty.

greenman478

Should be a good game.  Carlisle more physical up front.  Carlisle by 2 tds.

da greatest bigbaby

October 23, 2017, 11:32:14 am #32 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:39:51 am by da greatest bigbaby
Once again jbtiger I'm not sure what your asking from us now you got questions for moma lol it's like this  I didn't let our star basketball players go to the basketball combine camp or banquet  they were selected an invite"d to OK  soo they were approved to go lol soo take that up with the chs adm. end quote by @ least 40 for some  50 for others OK got it an a new arena ect wow  lol all I kno is were gonna win district again an hopefully the regionals an possibly the state should be ranked no.1  an go like  25-2 yes we're very salty this year  not sure on the matchup in the pine bluff tourney finals  we may possibly win it all again like in 2015 or the marianna tourney finals vs little rock fair  but 2a other than Earle were gonna whip every one   could possibly be like 27-0 heading  into the state  all these basketball concerns wow lol an on the  football game Friday we should whip Carlisle , Palestine-wheatley did soo I'ma say 28-14  go lions o an tiger an big e you guys have kno say soo in anything this year or for the next couple of years either from the look of things yaw step your game up 1st   lol an clarendon has never been anyone's doormat in anything our jr lions will probably be 6-2 or 5-3 again in football an win the district in basketball an I'm sure track also an big e like moma said we stop hanging banners a lil while back way to many in the gym lol but yeah let me tell you this now this is a fact an more valuable then a banner you see my group had the most wins or whip'ns for you guys then any other group an never loss to Palestine-wheatly Elaine  ect that's great

mr.gametime

October 23, 2017, 11:44:53 am #33 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:40:48 pm by mr.gametime
With all these "D1 Prospects" that clarendon have especially being a 2A school...there is absolutely no reason yall shouldn't win state in basketball.

Ventman

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on October 23, 2017, 11:32:14 am
Once again jbtiger I'm not sure what your asking from us now you got questions for moma lol it's like this  I didn't let our star basketball players go to the basketball combine camp or banquet  they were selected an invite"d to OK  soo they were approved to go lol soo take that up with the chs adm. end quote by @ least 40 for some  50 for others OK got it an a new arena ect wow  lol all I kno is were gonna win district again an hopefully the regionals an possibly the state should be ranked no.1  an go like  25-2 yes we're very salty this year  not sure on the matchup in the pine bluff tourney finals  we may possibly win it all again like in 2015 or the marianna tourney finals vs little rock fair  but 2a other than Earle were gonna whip every one   could possibly be like 27-0 heading  into the state  all these basketball concerns wow lol an on the  football game Friday we should whip Carlisle , Palestine-wheatley did soo I'ma say 28-14  go lions o an tiger an big e you guys have kno say soo in anything this year or for the next couple of years either from the look of things yaw step your game up 1st   lol an clarendon has never been anyone's doormat in anything our jr lions will probably be 6-2 or 5-3 again in football an win the district in basketball an I'm sure track also an big e like moma said we stop hanging banners a lil while back way to many in the gym lol but yeah let me tell you this now this is a fact an more valuable then a banner you see my group had the most wins or whip'ns for you guys then any other group an never loss to Palestine-wheatly Elaine  ect that's great
Man that was a tough read but I made it through😂. I love your post your post bigbaby! Keep up the good work.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mr.gametime on October 23, 2017, 11:44:53 am
With all these "D1 Prospects" thats clarendon especially being a 2A school...there is absolutely no reason yall shouldn't win state in basketball.

I don't know of any D1 players they have had in the past. Maybe some Jr college players. Jamarlin was probably the last D1 they had and he went d2 so he could play 2 sports.

da greatest bigbaby

October 23, 2017, 03:23:08 pm #36 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:58:05 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Littleman Carlisle can't be that physical up front Palestine-wheatley whip'd em lol an as far as d-1 basketball players goes we have 2  jr malik he is up to bout 6'4 now an 6'2 guard kalil johnson an here is the thang jbtiger apparently you were not paying attention our Larry bird on the  last year team the 6'6 guy   shane from clarendon got  all tourney in basketball soo get our stuff rite before you air nonsense an he also had a major league equivalent 95 mph fastball an pitched a noo hitter against you guys an last year's jr lions leading scorer from clarendon on last year's basketball team  was laylon Stewart his grand dad them whip'd eckwood them from Brinkley in football an made it to the state championship game   an like I said I'm not sure what you guys are asking us   lol   an pick ro is @ uapb d-1 I would say the lions are gonna whip you guys since hazen done drop'd yaw 40-0 but that would be asking them to much rite now with hoops bout to start  lol maybe next year an pick I told you guys yaw are just average you  believe me now lol

raider99

da greatest bigbaby- Holy heck that was the longest sentence ever. I'll give you a +1 for making everyone's brain bleed trying to read it. Try drawing pictures next time it may be easier.

raider99

Now back on topic. Carlisle wins a close game in this.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on October 23, 2017, 03:23:08 pm
Littleman Carlisle can't be that physical up front Palestine-wheatley whip'd em lol an as far as d-1 basketball players goes we have 2  jr malik he is up to bout 6'4 now an 6'2 guard kalil johnson an here is the thang jbtiger apparently you were not paying attention our Larry bird on the  last year team the 6'6 guy   shane from clarendon got  all tourney in basketball soo get our stuff rite before you air nonsense an he also had a major league equivalent 95 mph fastball an pitched a noo hitter against you guys an last year's jr lions leading scorer from clarendon on last year's team  was laylon Stewart his uncle them whip'd eckwood them from Brinkley in football an made it to the state championship game   an like I said I'm not sure what you guys are asking us   lol   an pick ro is @ uapb d-1 I would say the lions are gonna whip you guys since hazen done drop'd yaw 40-0 but that would be asking them to much rite now with hoops bout to start  lol maybe next year an pick I told you guys yaw are just average you  believe me now lol
Gotta hand it to you, you do know some History. so you get an A+.

jbtiger73

Old Scrapper

big E

Who from Clarendon throws 95 ? When did Clarendon no-one hit PW? The one thing you can count on partner is that you will never be on our level in baseball. You can't even get out if the second inning lol 20-0 Lol. Loser.

hornetfan8

Quote from: big E on October 23, 2017, 06:12:12 pm
Who from Clarendon throws 95 ? When did Clarendon no-one hit PW? The one thing you can count on partner is that you will never be on our level in baseball. You can't even get out if the second inning lol 20-0 Lol. Loser.
He doesn't throw 95 big E or he would beat everyone. And I don't remember the last time Clarendon won a baseball game but I believe he was talking about against Brinkley. And why the heck has this turned into a thread about everything except football??

big E

Because big stupid has to fall back on something else. Seems to a always bring up basketball.

big E

I think he likes to get folks all worked up. Because there is know way anyone is really that stupid. You couldn't breathe if you were.

da greatest bigbaby

Yeah hornetfan it was Brinkley shane pitched a noo hitter against an  big e if you an jbtiger would  watch  the games more closely  an pay more attention you would kno who Shane was an some of the other players  on the team. An I'm still not sure what you guys got going on lol I kno big e sits around until baseball season only to get drum'd by mccrory lol an brinkley nothing in either sport   lol out of all the games play'd jbtiger an big e you guys teams only win a combined  1 by 2 points over the lions  lol  lions by 40  an like I said big e if you guys whip'd Carlisle were gonna have a great homecoming lol

jbtiger73

Honestly i cant tell wether he's complimenting someone or disrespecting someone. I think i need a decoder ring to figure his posts out.

hornetfan8

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 23, 2017, 08:34:12 pm
Honestly i cant tell wether he's complimenting someone or disrespecting someone. I think i need a decoder ring to figure his posts out.
I think it's someone who knows exactly what they are doing. I couldn't imagine someone being that stupid

jbtiger73

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas