• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking Class A Senior Boys in 2 South Conference

Started by ballmember, August 16, 2017, 02:00:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

1. Concord-most returning players plus some sophomores that may help.
2. Shirley-graduated 8 but maybe best player in conference returning with some athletic guards.
3. Midland-have a very good player.
4. Southside
5. Timbo-may have player coming home that will help.
6. Bradford
7. Westside
8. Rural Special

School has started so good time to make our projections.  I understand this is not the combined conference, but the end of year conference.   Everyone has an opinion.

JimmyChitwood

I would move South Side down the list because the Mathews brothers (6'6" jr and 6'3" so) moved to Greenbrier. They were arguably the most talented players on the team.

PeedeecreekBoy99

does anyone know why they. moved to Southside and then turn around and move back to greenbrier???

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on August 17, 2017, 02:36:17 pm
does anyone know why they. moved to Southside and then turn around and move back to greenbrier???
likely thought they could get it done easily in 1A but found out 1A was alittle tougher than they thought.

PeedeecreekBoy99

how u been banner Mtn man we aint talked on here all summer

Eagle_Mom_2

If Shirley has best player in conference they must've gotten a move-in.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on August 17, 2017, 07:14:54 pm
If Shirley has best player in conference they must've gotten a move-in.
#3 post man I believe they are talking about.

ballmember

EagleMom,  Shirley had best player in conference last year---Jed Privitt and could have this year in Michael Fuller.    Just need everyone around him to improve also. 

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on August 17, 2017, 08:31:42 pm
#3 post man I believe they are talking about.
I believe. its the fuller kid? be a 3rd year starter maybe?? banner boy correct me If I'm wrong. but this kid is good got lots of experience, played in a state title game and he can put the team on his back when It comes to offense and score almost every time on the post. I'm not sure how well of a player he is defensively banner kid would know more details

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: ballmember on August 17, 2017, 09:42:14 pm
EagleMom,  Shirley had best player in conference last year---Jed Privitt and could have this year in Michael Fuller.    Just need everyone around him to improve also.
yep if there point guard can take care of the ball and if one of there shooting guards improves they can be much better then most people expect

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on August 17, 2017, 09:44:38 pm
yep if there point guard can take care of the ball and if one of there shooting guards improves they can be much better then most people expect

Well, I mean, crap...if ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas...i mean what team won't be better than expected if everything goes best case scenario for them??
If Fuller is the best player in that conference, then the Midland kid, both Concord srs,  the lanky shooter from Timbo all must've moved out of the conference. I mean, dang boys. Yeah Privitt was very possibly best player in conference, he was big strong could shoot out to 18-20 feet and could defend most all over. Big #3 can't shoot outside 5 feet and has been on foul trouble about every game ever because he hacks and is slow defensively. Comparing him to Privitt is about as big a stretch as I've seen in a while on here and that's saying something. 
Gosh dang it's too early for you Van Buren Co boys to start all this.

SackAttack

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on August 17, 2017, 09:44:38 pm
Got a little heads up for ya Pee Dee with this post you just destroyed any credibility you might have ever had. theres about 314 coaches in the state of Arkansas saying this very same thing. If my daughters 3rd grade team can not turn it over make layups and dont eat too much ice cream we can have an amazing year. See how simple this all is. Geesh are clues still for sale at Wal Mart

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: SackAttack on August 17, 2017, 10:06:33 pm
Got a little heads up for ya Pee Dee with this post you just destroyed any credibility you might have ever had. theres about 314 coaches in the state of Arkansas saying this very same thing. If my daughters 3rd grade team can not turn it over make layups and dont eat too much ice cream we can have an amazing year. See how simple this all is. Geesh are clues still for sale at Wal Mart
I think there out, Walmart lady said they should have a truck coming in Monday morning!

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on August 17, 2017, 09:57:05 pm
Well, I mean, crap...if ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas...i mean what team won't be better than expected if everything goes best case scenario for them??
If Fuller is the best player in that conference, then the Midland kid, both Concord srs,  the lanky shooter from Timbo all must've moved out of the conference. I mean, dang boys. Yeah Privitt was very possibly best player in conference, he was big strong could shoot out to 18-20 feet and could defend most all over. Big #3 can't shoot outside 5 feet and has been on foul trouble about every game ever because he hacks and is slow defensively. Comparing him to Privitt is about as big a stretch as I've seen in a while on here and that's saying something. 
Gosh dang it's too early for you Van Buren Co boys to start all this.
maybe u don't see the humor in my post. but I understand mommy eagle, if I was a bird that had to sweep from 7-12 every morning and then work in the meat department at the crappy grocery store over there on yalls side of the lake, and then help work the 3-3 tournament I would be tired too! thats a lot on an old bird. so I can see why its so easy for you to not see the humor in my post

Bigleague

Lol.   Guess I missed that humor too.  Just looked like a post describing what all coaches might want. 

JimmyChitwood

Eagle Woman, Eagle Woman, if you don't believe in Bike Mike Fuller being the best player in the confrence, you must have forgot to get the government to send you some mailbox money for an eye exam. You need to open your eyes and while you take your smoke break, go over to the Sportsman's Lodge and think for a minute. MIKE FULLER IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE CONFRENCE. And as Sterling from Center Ridge says, thats the Truuuuuth.

Bigleague

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Bigleague on August 18, 2017, 07:34:20 pm
Who is Mike fuller?
Asking who is Mike Fuller is kind of like asking a leprachaun what is a four leaf clover.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Who is Mike fuller?
big boy that played for Shirley last couple of years.he will be a SR. not Jed but his splash brother. he's really crafty when it comes to Making moves around the goal.. these 2 boys were dominant working together.

BannerMountainMan

Who is Mike fuller?
a lot easier way to describe him is to say he's the colored boy that is a stud. And no I'm not racist like everybody thinks Trunp is.

JimmyChitwood

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on August 18, 2017, 09:42:51 pm
a lot easier way to describe him is to say he's the colored boy that is a stud. And no I'm not racist like everybody thinks Trunp is.
the eagle mother probably thinks you racist

Bigleague

Oh.  Ok I thought that kid graduated.  Yeah he's really good.  He should carry that team to another state tournament appearance if they have anything to go with him

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on August 19, 2017, 08:33:12 am
Oh.  Ok I thought that kid graduated.  Yeah he's really good.  He should carry that team to another state tournament appearance if they have anything to go with him
Yes I agree I thought he shouldve been their go to player last year! Very under utilized I thought

Bigleague

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on August 19, 2017, 10:09:32 am
I agree sack.     Very good player
Just didnt look to me like he had been worked with enough on his footwork but I guess that happens from time to time when you are a junior playing around seniors and their egos. Thought they gave up a sure basket too many times to throw it out to that black haired boy to shoot a three from the dressing room. Cost em twice in games I saw but I aint the coach and I guess he was okay with it!! What do yall think??

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on August 19, 2017, 03:01:55 pm
Just didnt look to me like he had been worked with enough on his footwork but I guess that happens from time to time when you are a junior playing around seniors and their egos. Thought they gave up a sure basket too many times to throw it out to that black haired boy to shoot a three from the dressing room. Cost em twice in games I saw but I aint the coach and I guess he was okay with it!! What do yall think??
he likes to hack, it got him in deep foul trouble many times

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: SackAttack on August 19, 2017, 03:01:55 pm

Sack...their coach is good. Ok? I mean, since Tutor left, he's back to being the best coach at Shirley that's for sure.
So to say he's ok with a bad strategy is a stretch. I don't think he was ok with it, I just think he knew if it came down to who was really running things, he didn't want to fight his players over that small stuff.
No, seriously, like he literally didn't want to fight with his players. That point guard would've been like fighting an in-prime Oscar de la Holyfield.

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on August 23, 2017, 06:55:05 pm
Sack...their coach is good. Ok? I mean, since Tutor left, he's back to being the best coach at Shirley that's for sure.
So to say he's ok with a bad strategy is a stretch. I don't think he was ok with it, I just think he knew if it came down to who was really running things, he didn't want to fight his players over that small stuff.
No, seriously, like he literally didn't want to fight with his players. That point guard would've been like fighting an in-prime Oscar de la Holyfield.
Probably right about that! But I still think the kid couldve been better if utilized more. And furthermore that one guard that didnt get to play much thought he was pushed down the lineup way too much! Coaches have reasons I know but they werent evident to me and im a pretty keen eye on such things and didnt see why that kid didnt get to play! Id a been mad to some degree

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas