• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A South Region @ Monticello

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 10, 2015, 01:32:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

casper07

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 28, 2015, 10:12:52 am
Quote from: THE D.O.C on February 28, 2015, 09:39:12 am
Quote from: casper07 on February 28, 2015, 09:29:36 am
Quote from: THE D.O.C on February 27, 2015, 08:01:54 pm
Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 27, 2015, 07:40:37 pm
LOL!!!  Good luck DOC, hope you can handle the can of worms you have opened!!!
All these teams including Star City know how it feel to struggle.
whats your definition of struggle?? Probably not the same as mine. Better term would be "not as good"...
I'll buy that. A good coach can have a down year or 2 with less than normal talent and always find a way to do the unexpected. Good coaches can have a decent group but they usually have a plan for the future.
You have described Coach Browns 22 years in Star City, LOL!!!
24 years!! And yes he did!!! Lol! We are all starting to get on the same page.. I just need Malvern to win tonight. I don't want to see a 30+ blowout in the Regional Finals....

think

Congrats to Bauxite on a great season! To go 22-6 with 2 freshman in your top 6 and no post over 6' was impressive.

Good luck to Dumas in state. They will give some teams problems with their length and athleticism.

casper07

Wow no score updates on semifinals???

THE D.O.C

GIRLS with 3:45 left in the 3rd quarter, Monticello-20 Malvern-12

THE D.O.C

GIRLS Monticello- 28 Malvern- 15. End of 3rd quarter.

HowlKing1721

So is today the semi-finals or finals? This thread is hard to understand. Can someone tell me and the match ups for today in the boy's bracket?

THE D.O.C

GIRLS Monticello- 36 Malvern- 23 2:22 left in the 4th quarter.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: HowlKing1721 on February 28, 2015, 01:17:56 pm
So is today the semi-finals or finals? This thread is hard to understand. Can someone tell me and the match ups for today in the boy's bracket?
Simi's

casper07

THE D.O.C

GIRLS FINAL SCORE Monticello-45 Malvern-29

HowlKing1721

CounterPunch

Wow lol. SC beat monticello 2 weeks ago 70-30.

casper07

Wow.... Star City is 40 points better than any team in our region?? Let the junior varsity win the regional Becky 👍😂

HowlKing1721

What are the match ups tonight in the boy's bracket?

Bulldog92

1st matchup is 2 in 8-4A against 1 in 7-4A.
8-4A is up by 26 with 3 min to go.

WPWells

True_Fan9

Hamburg just beat arkadelphia 66-45. They play the winner of Monticello and Dumas who play the last game of the day

casper07

Bulldog92

44-22 SC over Crossett start of fourth

Bulldog92

casper07

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 28, 2015, 04:29:58 pm
Final
Stat City 62
Crossett 36
you spoiled the fun.. I was about to get it turning by saying SC was upset... Lol

HowlKing1721

Bulldog92

Bobcats1985

Boarhawg

Bulldog92

DOC, Casper, TrueFan, Counterpunch are yall going to make it to Monticello tonight for the games.  The championship games should be some good ones.  Monticello has both teams in them so you know they will pack the house!!  Should be fun!!

True_Fan9

I will be there. Should be packed house for sure. Boys championship should be a lot of fun

Bulldog92

Quote from: True_Fan9 on March 02, 2015, 11:27:35 am
I will be there. Should be packed house for sure. Boys championship should be a lot of fun
Yeah this game should be a good one.  Think I am going to stick around and watch it. 

True_Fan9

I'll be there for the girls game also

Bulldog92

Quote from: True_Fan9 on March 02, 2015, 11:32:55 am
I'll be there for the girls game also
I'll be pacing aroung the top of the bleachers!!  I get as many butterflies watching my kids play as I did when I played, LOL!!!

THE D.O.C

Won't be able to make it but I'm really pulling for Monticello boy's this year after the rug was snatched out from under them last year.

Bulldog92

Quote from: THE D.O.C on March 02, 2015, 02:24:44 pm
Won't be able to make it but I'm really pulling for Monticello boy's this year after the rug was snatched out from under them last year.
You not going to say what girls team your pulling for,LOL!!

casper07

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 02, 2015, 03:04:39 pm
Quote from: THE D.O.C on March 02, 2015, 02:24:44 pm
You not going to say what girls team your pulling for,LOL!!
Bulldog92 I realize that Star City will walk away with the trophy LOL. If Becky's defense is like the old day's she stand a chance of playing in the finals

SidelineSupport

SidelineSupport

FINAL
On a slam dunk finish from Dumas
Dumas -65
Arky-62

casper07

Star City-29
Monticello-19
Halftime

casper07

casper07

Star City-54
Monticello-37
Final

Bobcats1985

Update on Monticello and Hamburg

SidelineSupport

At the half
Monticello-41
Hamburg-21

Hamburg didn't hit double digits till 11 minutes in.

SidelineSupport

Bulldog92

Thanks to Monticello for putting on the South Regional Tournament.  Congratulations to the teams that made it to state and good luck to each of you.  Congratulations to the 8-4A teams on finishing 1,2, and 3 on the boys side and 1,2, and 4 on the girls!!  Last night the kids got to play in an electrified atmosphere and it was fun to be a part of.

For yall that didn't hear or weren't there last night, Coach Becky Brown got her 700th career victory last night, her 10th regional championship, and her 23 straight state tournament appearence in 24 years as the Star City LadyDog head coach.   We are proud of her accomplishments!!!

See yall at Ozark!!

Billie Blue

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 03, 2015, 09:06:06 am
Thanks to Monticello for putting on the South Regional Tournament.  Congratulations to the teams that made it to state and good luck to each of you.  Congratulations to the 8-4A teams on finishing 1,2, and 3 on the boys side and 1,2, and 4 on the girls!!  Last night the kids got to play in an electrified atmosphere and it was fun to be a part of.

For yall that didn't hear or weren't there last night, Coach Becky Brown got her 700th career victory last night, her 10th regional championship, and her 23 straight state tournament appearence in 24 years as the Star City LadyDog head coach.   We are proud of her accomplishments!!!

See yall at Ozark!!
Glad you enjoyed your time here in Monticello during the regionals so lets go 8-4A and lets take state we are well represented in it Boys
   1 Monticello
   2 Hamburg
   3 Dumas
   4 Arkadelphia 7-4A

Girls
   1 Star City
   2 Monticello
   3 Malvern 7-4A
   4 Crossett

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas