• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can the weather cancel the district tournaments?

Started by redskinsfan, February 15, 2015, 05:56:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redskinsfan

Can weather cancel the district tournaments? If so I assume the regional seeding would be how the teams finished in conference. Does anyone have any ideas or information on how this could play out?

sevenof400

Quote from: redskinsfan on February 15, 2015, 05:56:59 pm
Can weather cancel the district tournaments? If so I assume the regional seeding would be how the teams finished in conference. Does anyone have any ideas or information on how this could play out?

There has to be some pad in the schedule to allow for weather.  While it might make for some weekend or back to back play, I can't recall tournaments continuing when schools are closed for weather unless the tournament is really backed into a corner.

think

As of now, I believe all districts are set to run back-to-back from Wednesday through Saturday. Since there is a high probability of freezing rain on Friday, I was wondering the same thing. Just checked and Region starts on Wednesday and I can't imagine they would push the District into Monday and only give 1 days rest. Curious to see how this unfolds...

WattsOzark

A Friday cancel would mean Saturday morning games, then kicking everyone out of the gym, and making them pay to re-enter for a Saturday night final.

Cabotred

With the break in weather they will get tounys in. But if weather would have stayed bad the teams would be seeded by round robin play during conference.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: think on February 17, 2015, 04:41:40 pm
As of now, I believe all districts are set to run back-to-back from Wednesday through Saturday. Since there is a high probability of freezing rain on Friday, I was wondering the same thing. Just checked and Region starts on Wednesday and I can't imagine they would push the District into Monday and only give 1 days rest. Curious to see how this unfolds...

Why not...They pushed Region finals to Tuesday 2 years ago...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas