• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Region @ Pottsville

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 10, 2015, 01:31:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Coach

Quote from: Feral Man on February 28, 2015, 07:38:49 pm
Quote from: The Coach on February 28, 2015, 07:16:26 pm
Quote from: Ole Legend on February 28, 2015, 06:59:41 pm
Quote from: Rocket23 on February 28, 2015, 05:09:46 pm
Quote from: Ole Legend on February 27, 2015, 02:34:42 pm
Quote from: pv bb fan on February 27, 2015, 01:45:53 pm
Quote from: Feral Man on February 27, 2015, 11:49:22 am
Quote from: The Coach on February 26, 2015, 11:42:16 pm
refs had nothing to do with PR losing this game.
Better team made the plays down the stretch. Give credit where it's do.
Dardanelle pressure got to PR and allowed for the comeback and ultimately the win for them
Two charge calls and Pea Ridge kids getting knocked to the floor when Dardenelle was pressing made the difference. When the Lizards crowd got going, the refs were persuaded to go that way. Pea Ridge is 20 pts better but they played bad and got screwed. I give credit to Dardenelle for not folding.
Pea Ridge got out played and hustled last 5 minutes period. Refs were fine!!!! Give credit to Lizards    good job lizards

So you think both of those plays were charges? Last time I checked, when a defender jumps to contest a shot, his feet can't be set to take a charge.

Once the defender establishes LGP, the defender can move laterally or vertically.  He does not have to be still and his feet do not have to be on the ground.  That is a myth.  He cannot set up in the path once the shorter goes airborne, and he can move toward the offensive player.  LGP is legal guarding position.
The defenders feet have to be set. If he jumps, his feet are not set. Therefor it would be a defensive foul.

Good thing he was set then so they could make the right call
The Ref Who Made that call has been black Balled from reffing quite a few teams in Pea Ridges conference. She will likely not be able to do 4a games in that conference next year. She cost Pea Ridge going to State. Dardenelle would get beat by the Ridge 9 out of 10 times. They got lucky and Coach, Have a Merry Christmas!

9 of 10? You're drunk. PR isn't that good to make that statement.  Dardanelle dominated the 4th quarter and took the game and that's a FACT. Refs did NOTHING to cost PR anything. Sour Grapes on your part. Not like PR was a state title contender and nor will they be anytime soon.

Ole Legend

Quote from: The Coach on February 28, 2015, 08:31:13 pm
Quote from: Feral Man on February 28, 2015, 07:38:49 pm
Quote from: The Coach on February 28, 2015, 07:16:26 pm
Dardanelle pressure got to PR and allowed for the comeback and ultimately the win for them
Two charge calls and Pea Ridge kids getting knocked to the floor when Dardenelle was pressing made the difference. When the Lizards crowd got going, the refs were persuaded to go that way. Pea Ridge is 20 pts better but they played bad and got screwed. I give credit to Dardenelle for not folding.
Pea Ridge got out played and hustled last 5 minutes period. Refs were fine!!!! Give credit to Lizards    good job lizards

So you think both of those plays were charges? Last time I checked, when a defender jumps to contest a shot, his feet can't be set to take a charge.

Once the defender establishes LGP, the defender can move laterally or vertically.  He does not have to be still and his feet do not have to be on the ground.  That is a myth.  He cannot set up in the path once the shorter goes airborne, and he can move toward the offensive player.  LGP is legal guarding position.
The defenders feet have to be set. If he jumps, his feet are not set. Therefor it would be a defensive foul.

Good thing he was set then so they could make the right call
The Ref Who Made that call has been black Balled from reffing quite a few teams in Pea Ridges conference. She will likely not be able to do 4a games in that conference next year. She cost Pea Ridge going to State. Dardenelle would get beat by the Ridge 9 out of 10 times. They got lucky and Coach, Have a Merry Christmas!

9 of 10? You're drunk. PR isn't that good to make that statement.  Dardanelle dominated the 4th quarter and took the game and that's a FACT. Refs did NOTHING to cost PR anything. Sour Grapes on your part. Not like PR was a state title contender and nor will they be anytime soon.

I'll message you this time next year. PR has the best sophomore group in the state. And a 6-4 junior that didn't play because of injury. They also have a couple freshman that will be able to contribute next year.

The Coach

In the State? You've lost your mind or havent seen much bball outside of NWA

Ole Legend

Quote from: The Coach on February 28, 2015, 09:17:27 pm

I have seen several river valley teams play. None of them have a group of sophomores like pea ridge does.

The Coach

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 28, 2015, 09:49:04 pm
Quote from: The Coach on February 28, 2015, 09:17:27 pm

I have seen several river valley teams play. None of them have a group of sophomores like pea ridge does.

You said the state not the river valley. And with that statement they just got beat by an ok river valley team. I'm sure they're decent but the best in the state? No chance. #3 for Dardanelle was the best player on the court. Just as he was vs Baptist.

The Coach

Quote from: Feral Man on February 28, 2015, 10:58:56 pm
#3 From Dardenelle will be at Clarksville next season. I'll bet money on that!

::)

Tigerdad2

If Pea Ridge is that good, how do they not make it out of regionals ? Also how do they  only beat Berryville by 2. Go watch the 8-4a. PR is good for the 1-4a and that's it

Tigerdad2

Give a prediction, win state, one and done in state?

The Coach

channing

There's no need to try and talk logic with Pea Ridge folks, they will cry about the refs win or lose, I reall embarrassment to that school.  You other posters from other areas are correct, PR had the game in hand against Dardanelle but Dardanelle Turnedup the heat and PR got lose with the ball,  refs had nothing to do with PR falling apart in the fourth quarter.

Ole Legend

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 01, 2015, 12:24:12 pm
If Pea Ridge is that good, how do they not make it out of regionals ? Also how do they  only beat Berryville by 2. Go watch the 8-4a. PR is good for the 1-4a and that's it

Since 2010, Pea Ridge has lost to the eventual state champion every year except last year. 2010-2012 it was Clarksville. 2013 it was Pottsville. Pea Ridge gave Clarksville a run for its money every year.

The Coach

March 01, 2015, 01:38:46 pm #111 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:41:02 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Ole Legend on March 01, 2015, 01:28:52 pm

Since 2010, Pea Ridge has lost to the eventual state champion every year except last year. 2010-2012 it was Clarksville. 2013 it was Pottsville. Pea Ridge gave Clarksville a run for its money every year.

Which means what exactly? Has absolutely zero to do with getting beat in the 1st game of regionals by an ok Dardanelle team.

channing

Quote from: The Coach on March 01, 2015, 01:38:46 pm

Your just wasting your time with Pea Ridge people , you can't argue with ignorance ,  I actually enjoy watching there team and I believe their coach is a up and comer for sure

Which means what exactly? Has absolutely zero to do with getting beat in the 1st game of regionals by an ok Dardanelle team.

channing

Your wasting your time arguing with Pea Ridge folks, you can't talk with ignorance , I actually enjoy watching the PR team play and I believe their coach is really good, I just don't understand why these folks say and cry so much about refs and stuff

Ole Legend

That "ok" dardnelle team will probably make it past the first round of state.

Tigerdad2

The Coach

Quote from: Ole Legend on March 01, 2015, 01:55:49 pm

That "ok" dardnelle team will probably make it past the first round of state.

Hope so

channing

Quote from: Feral Man on March 01, 2015, 02:04:52 pm
Quote from: channing on March 01, 2015, 01:47:52 pm
Your wasting your time arguing with Pea Ridge folks, you can't talk with ignorance , I actually enjoy watching the PR team play and I believe their coach is really good, I just don't understand why these folks say and cry so much about refs and stuff
Prarie Grove was the biggest whiners I saw this year. Their kids mouthed the reffs all year. It was pathetic!
There's a difference in 16 , 17 year olds who may questions refs while playing, and grown adults who are suppose to be more mature getting on a message board and crying about refs !!!! 

Ole Legend

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 01, 2015, 01:58:53 pm
What will PR do  next year?

The future is always bright when you have your leading scorer back. I'm not saying that PR is gonna win state. But I do think that they will make it to the state tournament and maybe win a game.

pv bb fan

March 01, 2015, 04:41:18 pm #119 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:53:07 pm by pv bb fan
Quote from: channing on March 01, 2015, 01:11:29 pm
There's no need to try and talk logic with Pea Ridge folks, they will cry about the refs win or lose, I reall embarrassment to that school.  You other posters from other areas are correct, PR had the game in hand against Dardanelle but Dardanelle Turnedup the heat and PR got lose with the ball,  refs had nothing to do with PR falling apart in the fourth quarter.
I agree, Very well said!!!!     Also feral man and ole legend need some cheese to go with their whine!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Ole Legend on March 01, 2015, 02:45:25 pm

The future is always bright when you have your leading scorer back. I'm not saying that PR is gonna win state. But I do think that they will make it to the state tournament and maybe win a game.
With the best sophomores in the state and an amazing 6"4 JR not playing , and leading scorer coming back  you think you would predict them higher than that, anyone in the state has a chance to make it to the state tournament
Even Berryville . All you have to say is PR is a solid 1-4a

Ole Legend

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 01, 2015, 05:44:19 pm
Quote from: Ole Legend on March 01, 2015, 02:45:25 pm

With the best sophomores in the state and an amazing 6"4 JR not playing , and leading scorer coming back  you think you would predict them higher than that, anyone in the state has a chance to make it to the state tournament
Even Berryville . All you have to say is PR is a solid 1-4a

It will be years before berryville makes the regional tourney.

Rocket23

[/quote
Wrong Ole Legend...  Here is the rule verbatim.
Rule 4-24 articles 2&3 -
Art. 2 to obtain an initial legal guarding position: A: the guard must have both feet touching the playing court. B: the front of the guard's torso must be facing the opponent.
Art. 3 After in the initial guarding position is obtained: A. The guard may have one or both feet on the playing court OR BE AIRBORNE provided he/she has inbound status.  B. The guard is not required to continue facing the opponent.  C: the guard may move laterally or obliquely to maintain position, provided it is not toward the opponent when contact occurs.  D:  the guard may raise hands OR JUMP WITHIN HIS/HER OWN VERTICAL PLANE.  E: the guard may turn or duck to absorb the shock of imminent contact.

BIG_K

Did Dardy slow to game down on you Big Fellows Randy ???

LRRandy

Quote from: BIG_K on March 02, 2015, 12:25:24 pm
Did Dardy slow to game down on you Big Fellows Randy ???
somewhat. They were not quite as deliberate this last game at region as they were in the district tournament. Luster (#3) looked to spot up or hit a runner and they had another guy hit a couple three's. Dardanelle played a great game. AB couldn't get in a rhythm  offensively and the baskets we are used to getting on drives by our guards didn't go in this game. Poor free throw shooting that hadn't cost us  caught up to us and we just didn't finish like we have all season. Take nothing away from Dardanelle, they played great, but it was an off game by our Eagles. I'm curious to see how they respond against Huntsville today.

razorsharp94

Girls Huntsville 54 Pottsville 46 final 3rd place.

LRRandy

LRRandy

End of third

AB  50

Huntsville  36

LRRandy

oldtimeeagle

WPWells

x14113

Just got the final from PG's FB page.

Girls:
Ozark 52
Prairie Grove 44

oldtimeeagle

HorseFeathers

The Coach

March 02, 2015, 10:05:11 pm #134 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:01:45 pm by The Coach
Subi 66
Dardy 53

LRRandy

Quote from: LRRandy on March 02, 2015, 06:44:05 pm
Final

AB 65

Huntsville. 56
just got home from Pottsville and thought I would post about the game. Huntsville came out hot from 3 and moving the ball well on offense leading at one point in the first quarter 11-5 before AB surged to tie the game at 13 going into the second quarter. AB started to assert its will. Huntsvilles big man picked up his third foul and sat the whole second quarter. That combined with the AB players getting out quicker on the shooters AB led at the half 30-25.
I said I was curious to see how our boys would respond to the loss the other night and I saw a team come out that can contend for a state championship. Huntsville is a good team. Not quite as athletic as some have posted, but they are really good shooters. They are skilled at getting to the basket or hitting a pull up 8 footer and can hit the three. However. AB was just the better team. Once the third quarter started on a 6-0 AB run it was really by how much AB would win not if.
The efficiency the boys played with was impressive. I don't know how good Huntsvilles press is but it didn't cause much of a problem tonight. AB shot 13/15 from the line. 4-4 from 3 and 23/33 from the field. Our gourds handled Huntsvilles man D getting to the basket for shots that didn't fall the other night ad getting the ball to our bigs that finished well. One of the trends is our seven foot center stealing the ball at mid court from a guard. Brandon has done that several times the last few games. Sorry for the book. I just wanted to give our boys their due credit for playing so well And coming out strong after the loss. On to state. Beat Dumas.

WattsOzark

Boys Seeds
1) Subiaco
2) Dardanelle
3)Arkansas Baptist
4)Huntsville
Girls Seeds
1)Ozark
2)Prairie Grove
3)Huntsville
4)Pottsville

StevenGlen

Just a quick thank you from us here in Pottsville to everyone who attended or supported a team in the North Regional Tournament.  All of the teams involved brought great fans.  Even the 4 pm games were well attended and I'm sure all of the players felt the cheers from their fans.

Jacketman65

Congratulations to the Trojans for winning the north region, I am sure you will represent the 4 well!  Best of luck to you!

eagle1

Nice job to the folks at Pottsville. Very nice all around from a tourn admin standpoint. Hospitality room had good food and very hospitable hosts.

hillbillyprincipal

Quote from: eagle1 on March 03, 2015, 03:27:43 pm
Nice job to the folks at Pottsville. Very nice all around from a tourn admin standpoint. Hospitality room had good food and very hospitable hosts.

Here's a hearty "amen" to this.  Great job Pottsville School District and community.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas