• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Current top 10 boys teams

Started by centralarkansasbasketball, February 07, 2015, 01:01:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

centralarkansasbasketball

What is everyone's top 10 boys teams right now?

l0l

I would be curious to see a rankings for 4A as well. Looking at the scores between Monticello and Hamburg, I was shocked to see the upset. Games appeared lopsided before.

eaglefan200

Arkansas Baptist is definitely up there in the top one or two. Mercy ruled their last two games and are on a 14-game win streak

Ole Legend

I would have to say Arkansas Baptist, Huntsville, Pea Ridge, and Subiaco would all have to be top 10.

elvis26

;D I think Pocahontas should be in the top ten!!!!!!!!!! they have only lost 1 game all year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Feral Man on February 08, 2015, 08:30:31 pm
Quote from: elvis26 on February 08, 2015, 08:17:39 pm
;D I think Pocahontas should be in the top ten!!!!!!!!!! they have only lost 1 game all year.
Did they play a tough out of conference schedule or did they play Imboden and Black Rock ect...

Pokey is solid, very solid!!

redskinsfan

Quote from: Feral Man on February 08, 2015, 08:30:31 pm
Quote from: elvis26 on February 08, 2015, 08:17:39 pm
Did they play a tough out of conference schedule or did they play Imboden and Black Rock ect...

Our boys have played a very difficult schedule this year going back all the way back to summer camp and have been very successful. Since you do not appear to be up to par on high school basketball, especially in NE Arkansas, Black Rock school isn't even open any more.

TheOfficial

Ar Bap and Huntsville are just average teams this year.  If they are 1 and 2 the 4A must really be down.

Silky Johnson

They lost to Cedar Ridge in a game where they fouled like crazy. Jonesboro probably wouldn't play them but they ran through the 4A-3.

think

Even though Monticello lost on Friday, I'd still put them at #1 followed by Pocahontas. From there, it gets pretty tough ranking the following:  Huntsville, Ark Baptist, Bauxite, Helena, Pea Ridge, Riverview, Subiaco, CAC.

bulldog42

Quote from: Feral Man on February 09, 2015, 02:59:37 pm
Quote from: Silky Johnson on February 09, 2015, 11:25:36 am
They lost to Cedar Ridge in a game where they fouled like crazy. Jonesboro probably wouldn't play them but they ran through the 4A-3.
Is Cedar Ridge 3A?
Yes, they moved up this year

Silky Johnson

Pokey also won the WBC tourney and a holiday tournament in the western part of the state.

redskinsfan

Quote from: Silky Johnson on February 09, 2015, 04:05:39 pm
Pokey also won the WBC tourney and a holiday tournament in the western part of the state.

Yes we beat Bay in the WBC tourney by 18 or 20 pts and won the Cornerstone Bank Tournament in Berryville.

The Coach

Quote from: TheOfficial on February 08, 2015, 10:31:18 pm
Ar Bap and Huntsville are just average teams this year.  If they are 1 and 2 the 4A must really be down.

Idk about Huntsville cause I haven't seen them but Ar Baptist is an ok not great team.
I agree if they are in the top 5-10 then 4a isn't very good.

redskinsfan

think

Quote from: The Coach on February 09, 2015, 08:31:34 pm

Idk about Huntsville cause I haven't seen them but Ar Baptist is an ok not great team.

I believe AB plays ECS this weekend. That will be an interesting game to see. Plan on attending.

redskinsfan

Quote from: think on February 09, 2015, 10:04:44 pm
Quote from: The Coach on February 09, 2015, 08:31:34 pm

I believe AB plays ECS this weekend. That will be an interesting game to see. Plan on attending.

I'm sorry, but who is ECS?

think

Episcopal Collegiate in Little Rock. They are the top team in 3A, but not your typical 3A team. I would be impressed if AB could stay within 10 of them.

LRRandy

Quote from: think on February 10, 2015, 08:22:35 am
Episcopal Collegiate in Little Rock. They are the top team in 3A, but not your typical 3A team. I would be impressed if AB could stay within 10 of them.
i will be there. It will be interesting to see how the game unfolds.

redskinsfan

Quote from: think on February 10, 2015, 08:22:35 am

I forgot about Episcopal. Thanks for the info.

tacomeat

Pocahontas is for real. They're easily better than Riverview & West Helena IMO. I would have them as the favorite of the 4A teams I've seen. I HAVE NOT seen Monticello though.

Pokey would be undefeated if not for one the states better players going off on the particular night they played Ceader Ridge.

centralarkansasbasketball

I would have to say Bauxite has to be in the top 10.  They just locked up the conference championship in the 7-4A. 

StevenGlen

I'd have to agree with eaglesfan, AB is quite good and are more than their "twin towers'.  Their "twin guards" are quite athletic.  I did see Bauxite in an early season tournament and they are very good.  Don't sell Subiaco short, the Trojans are very athletic and shoot the ball well and I'm not certain they have peaked yet. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas