• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Genoa @ Fordyce

Started by BIG-G, September 17, 2017, 09:33:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG-G

Genoa will be traveling to Fordyce Friday night , thoughts on game ..

dragondad

I think Genoa stands a good chance of winning this one.

WorkOrder

As someone said last week on another thread. The only thing Genoa has a chance of winning, is the coin toss.

Catcher

September 18, 2017, 09:08:33 am #3 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:14:17 am by Catcher
Quote from: dragondad on September 17, 2017, 10:24:31 pm
I think Genoa stands a good chance of winning this one.

Good thing you have faith in your team. Fordyce would beat you as bad as they want to. If they wanted Rogers and the bugs could hang 70 on you. The fact that you would even think they have a chance is insane. Hootens picked Genoa by 35 last week against spring hill, one of the worst teams in the state. How did that go?

Wildman

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Catcher on September 18, 2017, 09:08:33 am
Good thing you have faith in your team. Fordyce would beat you as bad as they want to. If they wanted Rogers and the bugs could hang 70 on you. The fact that you would even think they have a chance is insane. Hootens picked Genoa by 35 last week against spring hill, one of the worst teams in the state. How did that go?
Try reading slower he is not from Genoa.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Catcher on September 18, 2017, 09:08:33 am

He's from Junction City. Not sure fordyce could beat them as bad as you wish they could.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 18, 2017, 10:49:05 am
He's from Junction City. Not sure fordyce could beat them as bad as you wish they could.
It's more fun if you let them figure stuff out on their own. Quit jumping around in the water yelling hey look at me. You're messing up the fishing.

CoolBreeze

A team with a strong winning tradition, Fordyce seems more vulnerable this year than most, after two losses to 2A teams.

I suspect that's what DD had in mind when he gave GC a chance to win. The odds are certainly much better this than most. However, that does not mean that they're in GC's favor.

Monsta

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 18, 2017, 12:12:32 pm
A team with a strong winning tradition, Fordyce seems more vulnerable this year than most, after two losses to 2A teams.

I suspect that's what DD had in mind when he gave GC a chance to win. The odds are certainly much better this than most. However, that does not mean that they're in GC's favor.
What DD is saying is fordyce has been taking a few L's to teams that are not of good quality, and it's possible that they might be in a Dog Fight With GC

Catcher

Fordyce will still be too much for Genoa. When they play JC it could get ugly. JC is really good this year. Fordyce starts 3 freshman and 4 sophomores.
the future is bright for Fordyce for sure. Even with the youth, the speed will be too much for Genoa. Games with Smackover and Mcghee* should be really good games. 

Catcher

Quote from: Monsta on September 18, 2017, 12:19:39 pm
What DD is saying is Fordyce has been taking a few L's to teams that are not of good quality, and it's possible that they might be in a Dog Fight With GC
Rison is a quality team and always will play Fordyce tough because of the rivalry, and they won handily. Hampton did beat them and it was ugly because they should not have won that game. Both teams looked awful that night. However, they went into Monticello and won the game, with a lot of kids in different positions and looked good. I'm not saying they are state contenders but I still don't believe Genoa can handle them or even keep it close.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Monsta on September 18, 2017, 12:19:39 pm
What DD is saying is fordyce has been taking a few L's to teams that are not of good quality, and it's possible that they might be in a Dog Fight With GC
+1.

You said it much more succinctly than I did, Monsta.

baseball13

Quote from: Catcher on September 18, 2017, 12:25:08 pm
Rison is a quality team and always will play Fordyce tough because of the rivalry, and they won handily. Hampton did beat them and it was ugly because they should not have won that game. Both teams looked awful that night. However, they went into Monticello and won the game, with a lot of kids in different positions and looked good. I'm not saying they are state contenders but I still don't believe Genoa can handle them or even keep it close.

you are correct Hampton tried to give the game to yall and yall would not take it. However I believe that both Hampton and Fordyce will have a good season this year and will surprise some people late in the season.

Catcher

Quote from: baseball13 on September 18, 2017, 01:05:07 pm
you are correct Hampton tried to give the game to yall and yall would not take it. However I believe that both Hampton and Fordyce will have a good season this year and will surprise some people late in the season.
I agree, bad game for both teams. With Hampton making timely stops and Fordyce not seeming like they cared to even be there that night.

dragondad

Somebody got triiiiigered!!!  LOL!

Wildman

GC should surprise some teams this year and it could be Fordyce. These  kids will have to dig deep and play with a lot of heart but they can win. They do not deserve the comments like the coin toss jab. They work as hard as anybody. I and many others hope they will give it all they have Friday night and prove to the naysayers they can play. Go GC Dragons!!

WorkOrder

Quote from: Wildman on September 19, 2017, 10:37:40 pm
GC should surprise some teams this year and it could be Fordyce. These  kids will have to dig deep and play with a lot of heart but they can win. They do not deserve the comments like the coin toss jab. They work as hard as anybody. I and many others hope they will give it all they have Friday night and prove to the naysayers they can play. Go GC Dragons!!

Didn't GC lose to Spring Hill?

AA Insider

Yes, Spring Hill won 29-28

Catcher

Wildman, baseball doesn't start for a few more months

sickwillie

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 18, 2017, 07:33:49 am
As someone said last week on another thread. The only thing Genoa has a chance of winning, is the coin toss.

Now thats funny

Wildman

GC has almost doubled Fordyce in rushing yards per game, passing yards per game, total yards per game and points per game. Just saying.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wildman on September 20, 2017, 10:52:54 am
GC has almost doubled Fordyce in rushing yards per game, passing yards per game, total yards per game and points per game. Just saying.
Have they played the same teams?

KOJACK

Quote from: Wildman on September 19, 2017, 10:37:40 pm
Thanks man...I'm gonna start spreading the word that if you dig deep and play with a lot of heart, you can win  ::)
Fordyce by 27

Catcher

September 20, 2017, 12:36:52 pm #24 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:39:38 pm by Catcher
Whats the overall record over the past 7 years? Whats the overall of the teams they have played? please comment on this after Friday! The games Fordyce lost are to teams ranked in the top 5 of their conference. everyone genoa played is in the bottom of the conference. just saying

dirtysteve

GC doesnt have a chance. Yall know this

baseball13

Proud Buckaroo

You lost to Spring Hill. Just saying.

dirtysteve

Dyce by 30 this has never been a game. Not even when I was in school in 2015.

denvercat

I got my RED BUGS by as much as they want. Genoa hasn't been relative in years

denvercat

BIG-G

stuck in between

Quote from: denvercat on September 20, 2017, 10:29:05 pm
I got my RED BUGS by as much as they want. Genoa hasn't been relative in years

Ever.

koleallen20

September 21, 2017, 08:26:04 am #33 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:40:53 am by koleallen20
Quote from: WorkOrder on September 18, 2017, 07:33:49 am

Im thinking this is actually gonna be a good game.

old boy of fall

Red Bugs win one of the three guaranteed victories guaranteed victories for the top five teams in this district.  Genoa may have heart, but the song will remain the same during district play.

Red Bugs  40+

Draggin's  7 (Scored in the  4th quarter)

BallHawg15

Fordyce has to much speed for dragons to handle
Fordyce 35-14

dirtysteve

old boy of fall

It's probably going exactly as predicted.

dirtysteve

CoolBreeze

dirtysteve

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas