• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2012 Arkansas Razorback Uni's

Started by Don Quixote, May 21, 2012, 03:51:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Quixote

http://www.nikeblog.com/2012/05/16/new-arkansas-uniform-teaser/

I'm surprised this has not been brought up yet.  I'm not a huge fan of the black uni's, but if it will bring recruits than we should use them.  What do you think?

zebradynasty

You'll be banned for even saying that you like the black uni's!

sevenof400

Looks like another way to attempt to milk fans for some mo money.....

Sad actually. 

Leave the uniform alone.

Breitontime

Black looks good. That white helmet is sick. The cardinal one looks good with a matte finish.

Don Quixote

The thing is, the "black" uni really isn't black.  Its a darker charcoal color.  All I ask is that they don't suit up in all red again, we never play well in all red.

Uncle Ivan

They need to pick something and stick with it.

zebradynasty

Since we wont lay down 180K each to get recruits...if changing a few colors gets us noticed I am for it. This SEC recruiting has gotten even tougher with the addition of Mizzo and the Aggies. I predict more expansion in the not too distant future. Add to the fact we lost a coach that was just starting to put our names in front of more highly rated athletes...we need to work any advantage we can

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 22, 2012, 04:32:45 pm
Since we wont lay down 180K each to get recruits...if changing a few colors gets us noticed I am for it. This SEC recruiting has gotten even tougher with the addition of Mizzo and the Aggies. I predict more expansion in the not too distant future. Add to the fact we lost a coach that was just starting to put our names in front of more highly rated athletes...we need to work any advantage we can

Yeah maybe you guys can actually become a pipeline in the state of Arkansas. Good Move!

Big Fan

If you don't preserve tradition, you have nothing.

AirWarren

While I think it is cool for a couple of games at a time, I still would like to go back to these unis. Except in Nike. Traditional and looked good when we ran folks over.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=2006+Arkansas+razorback+Uniforms&view=detail&id=BD95960F0B84168B8B3A58B3EC44D2F6CBE58DC4&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

zebradynasty

I like tradition but the most important thing about tradition...WINNING! You don't win because of the uniform you win because of what's IN the uniform! Heck, if winning was all about tradition then Notre Dame, Syracuse or Penn State should be picked to win it all next year...not happening anytime soon.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on May 22, 2012, 06:07:06 pm

Yeah maybe you guys can actually become a pipeline in the state of Arkansas. Good Move!

Complete with a Pinnacle Pimps knockoff.

Mulerider

Quote from: Big Fan on May 22, 2012, 08:43:54 pm
If you don't preserve tradition, you have nothing.

So true, but don't you have to have some to preserve it?  No conference titles in 20+ years, maybe its time to roll the dice, try something new and start a winning tradition, not just stick with a regular tradition.

Don Quixote

More evidence of a black (charcoal) jersey:
http://www.arkansassports360.com/31697/more-evidence-photographic-of-new-arkansas-razorback-football-uniforms

Looks like we will be wearing black jersey's for at least one game this year.

zebradynasty

I am not a fan of the faded numbers on the black and the black uni's are a little too close to A-State black unis! I think a redesign red jersey would help silence the critics! A all red uni with a little black trim here and there with a matte red helmet...

zebradynasty

Wonder what kind of tradition was started for a team to be known as, "Muleriders" ???

Big Fan

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 05, 2012, 11:37:36 am
Wonder what kind of tradition was started for a team to be known as, "Muleriders" ???
It has to do with no sheep being around at that time. 

Mulerider

Good one!!!!  Southern Arkansas University Muleriders 1997 Gulf South Conference Champs.  Arkansas Razorbacks, Southeastern Conference Champs in...well you get the idea!  Win just ONE, just ONE and then you will have a leg to stand on.  For now, wallow in your mediocrity and enjoy what is the hey day of Razorback football!  When you have no answer for the truth, attack the messenger.  YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, Jack Nicholson musta been a Razorback fan.  Nice uni's though.  ;D

Big Fan

Quote from: Mulerider on June 05, 2012, 05:21:32 pm

Good one!!!!  Southern Arkansas University Muleriders 1997 Gulf South Conference Champs.  Arkansas Razorbacks, Southeastern Conference Champs in...well you get the idea!  Win just ONE, just ONE and then you will have a leg to stand on.  For now, wallow in your mediocrity and enjoy what is the hey day of Razorback football!  When you have no answer for the truth, attack the messenger.  YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, Jack Nicholson musta been a Razorback fan.  Nice uni's though.  ;D
You're comparing a 15 year old GSC title to Arkansas football??  LOL

AirWarren

HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah. Ok.

Romeo

Good one!!!!  Southern Arkansas University Muleriders 1997 Gulf South Conference Champs.  Arkansas Razorbacks, Southeastern Conference Champs in...well you get the idea! Win just ONE, just ONE and then you will have a leg to stand on.  For now, wallow in your mediocrity and enjoy what is the hey day of Razorback football!  When you have no answer for the truth, attack the messenger.  YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, Jack Nicholson musta been a Razorback fan.  Nice uni's though.  ;D

ROFL!!!! Trying to compare a Gulf South Conference title to even the worst SEC team is like trying to compare a Maybach to an 86 Nissan.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Big Fan on June 05, 2012, 04:13:07 pm
It has to do with no sheep being around at that time.

+1.  Comedy! :o ;D

DogsWin7

I love the Razorbacks and do NOT like the Uni's............

Mulerider

Quote from: Romeo on June 05, 2012, 10:04:49 pm

Good one!!!!  Southern Arkansas University Muleriders 1997 Gulf South Conference Champs.  Arkansas Razorbacks, Southeastern Conference Champs in...well you get the idea! Win just ONE, just ONE and then you will have a leg to stand on.  For now, wallow in your mediocrity and enjoy what is the hey day of Razorback football!  When you have no answer for the truth, attack the messenger.  YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, Jack Nicholson musta been a Razorback fan.  Nice uni's though.  ;D

ROFL!!!! Trying to compare a Gulf South Conference title to even the worst SEC team is like trying to compare a Maybach to an 86 Nissan.

I agree to an extent so I wonder why that ardent Hog fan tried to make that comparison? 

zebradynasty

No one is claiming supremacy of college football of all time! A program that is has won nearly 700 games has a certain amount of tradition and respect. As for attacking the messenger...with mulerider for mascot you can hardly call that attacking!  ;D

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 06, 2012, 06:27:57 pm

No one is claiming supremacy of college football of all time! A program that is has won nearly 700 games has a certain amount of tradition and respect. As for attacking the messenger...with mulerider for mascot you can hardly call that attacking!  ;D

I agree my friend!

rattler60

I like the uniforms. They represent the change that is going on at the university.

Kazimierz

June 07, 2012, 03:42:06 pm #27 Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:45:48 pm by Kazimierz
I also like the 2006 uniforms. I don't like the Razorback/Arkansas running up the pant legs and I don't like the faded numbers on these "new" uniforms.

But... all that said, do y'all remember the early 90's (I think they were made by some brand called Apex). They were pretty bad. I was growing up then and had a Lunney jersey. That think had two hogs on the shoulder... it was pretty ugly. But, the hipsters may like its retro look now... you can pretty much give them anything old and ugly and they will like it.

Here's a link to the contrary. But I still think they are ugly. http://www.arkansassports360.com/26491/arkansas-apex-uniforms-ahead-of-their-time

Mulerider

Another tradition was broken at Arkansas with the arrival of Petrino.  Before his tenure I believe Arkansas never had a midfield logo at Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville.  Can anyone verify if this is true?  I believe this was a Broyles thing.

Uncle Ivan

This is what going full retard looks like.

Don Quixote

It's official, if you have 15 minutes today you need to watch the video of the new uniform unveiling.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/

The grey jersey's look nothing like asu, so I don't think we have a problem with those.  I think my favorite may be the all white look.  I really like the new white helmets.  At least they don't have a grey helmet.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas