• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECS Contention

Started by bigdoug, January 18, 2017, 02:55:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdoug

Wildcats looking good with the good guards and post play! the beat the state runner-ups by double digits last saturday! What do you guys think?

smallybells

Quote from: bigdoug on January 18, 2017, 02:55:46 pm
Wildcats looking good with the good guards and post play! the beat the state runner-ups by double digits last saturday! What do you guys think?

When it comes to EC$, I never count them out until it's certain.

Lrbasketballguru

January 18, 2017, 03:01:42 pm #2 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:22:38 pm by Lrbasketballguru
They show flashes of brilliance, but are very young. Let teams they should blast talent wise hang in with them and sometimes beat them (Earle, robinson). Really hurts to lose Marsh as well, but extremely bright future under friedel. Way more skilled than record and play up to competition, best 3a team on paper IMO. viable championship threat.

dentist15

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on January 18, 2017, 03:01:42 pm
They so flashes of brilliance, but are very young. Let teams they should blast talent wise hang in with them and sometimes beat them (Earle, robinson). Really hurts to lose Marsh as well, but extremely bright future under friedel. Way more skilled than record and play up to competition, best 3a team on paper IMO. viable championship threat.

He was a heck of a player at Tech, so if he is able to pass on his knowledge and skills well, they should have a very good future.

The Dynasty

January 18, 2017, 03:17:11 pm #4 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:24:29 pm by The Dynasty
Quote from: bigdoug on January 18, 2017, 02:55:46 pm

I hope these two teams play again and play to their full potential. That was very ugly game to watch. I thought the refs never allowed either team to get into a flow. I was very disappointed in the sloppiness Saturday. Charleston shot 32% and Episcopal shot 29%. YIKES!!!!

With that being said Episcopal will be a very tough out come tournament time.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on January 18, 2017, 03:01:42 pm
They show flashes of brilliance, but are very young. Let teams they should blast talent wise hang in with them and sometimes beat them (Earle, robinson). Really hurts to lose Marsh as well, but extremely bright future under friedel. Way more skilled than record and play up to competition, best 3a team on paper IMO. viable championship threat.

so you have seen everyone else play? I think we are pretty good too and can echo all your points. (other than saying we are the best on paper)

The Dynasty

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 19, 2017, 07:05:42 am
so you have seen everyone else play? I think we are pretty good too and can echo all your points. (other than saying we are the best on paper)

I think the 3A is WIDE open this year.

xadboy

Episcopal will be a tough out come tourney time. You have some very athletic and speedy players. In what looks like a wide open year, Episcopal is one that could take it all. Good luck to yall!

dalemurphy

Is Marsh not coaching at ECS this year?  If not, where did he go?

smallybells

Quote from: dalemurphy on January 19, 2017, 09:08:16 am
Is Marsh not coaching at ECS this year?  If not, where did he go?

He is not coaching ECS, I can't remember where I read he went though.

dalemurphy

Anybody know if he is still coaching somewhere?

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 19, 2017, 07:05:42 am

Sorry for the confusion radio. I was just offering my biased opinion. Being the best on paper isn't much if you can't put it together, which they haven't really done yet.

The Dynasty

Quote from: dalemurphy on January 19, 2017, 09:49:23 am
Anybody know if he is still coaching somewhere?

I think his wife took a really good job in NWA and it was something that they couldn't turn down. I do not think that he is coaching.

neds

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 19, 2017, 10:38:43 am
I think his wife took a really good job in NWA and it was something that they couldn't turn down. I do not think that he is coaching.

Correct

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas