• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osceola @ Manila 1/20

Started by Head Lion, January 18, 2017, 02:16:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

The regular season just doesn't feel right with this blended conference crap, but I figure this one will be turn them away from the door type atmosphere.

biglion1985

Gonna be hard because both teams have the potential to win but I am gonna take my lions by 3

501Arkansas

If the refs doesn't choose sides and let these kids play some ball, I'll say seminoles by 10.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on January 18, 2017, 02:16:26 pm
The regular season just doesn't feel right with this blended conference crap, but I figure this one will be turn them away from the door type atmosphere.

I agree HL about the conference, but in the long run I think it will pay dividends by playing better competition. This will be the Noles 5th consecutive road game. I hope we can keep it going.....tough place to play.

Head Lion

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 18, 2017, 06:45:38 pm
If the refs doesn't choose sides and let these kids play some ball, I'll say seminoles by 10.
They never choose at Osceola, but seriously the team that makes the most plays ALWAYS wins this game.👌🏿

biglion1985

501 you are aware the game is at manila this time around right lol

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 18, 2017, 07:12:53 pm
I agree HL about the conference, but in the long run I think it will pay dividends by playing better competition. This will be the Noles 5th consecutive road game. I hope we can keep it going.....tough place to play.
& I also agree our side of 3A3 pretty much ready for anything that anyone in 3A can throw at them.

Head Lion

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 18, 2017, 06:45:38 pm
501, you haven't seen Manila much, if you don't think we like it physical.

NeaBaller21

If Osceola plays like they did against Riverside then Osceola by 15

neaguru

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on January 18, 2017, 09:37:32 pm
If Osceola plays like they did against Riverside then Osceola by 15
I was at the game and Osceola did bring the heat on riverside but I personally believe Manila matches up better with Osceola than riverside because to me Manila guards are better overall than riverside guards. Stone is hands down the best guard but I would take manilas next three guards over riversides next 3 guards.

501Arkansas

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 18, 2017, 07:38:34 pm
501 you are aware the game is at manila this time around right lol
lol yeah I know you and everybody else know how the refs chooses sides when osceola comes to town

BoxNOne

Should be a good one. If Manila shooters are on they could definitely win this game. Riverside missed a lot of open 3's against Osceola.

Head Lion

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 19, 2017, 02:40:56 am
lol yeah I know you and everybody else know how the refs chooses sides when osceola comes to town
Yea, that never happens at Osceola. Sorry for us cheating, I know that is the only way we could ever possibly win vs Osceola. Please accept my apology up front. O how I miss Earle, they beat you, it was because they outplayed you. You beat them, they tip their hat and say see you next time.

Baller_34

Wasn't Manila up by like 8 or 10 at Osceola and they tried to hold the ball and lost by 2 or so?

Radiotalker

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 19, 2017, 08:20:48 am
Should be a good one. If Manila shooters are on they could definitely win this game. Riverside missed a lot of open 3's against Osceola.
Quote from: BoxNOne on January 19, 2017, 08:20:48 am

The 3 pt shot is not a high percentage shot, but some teams fall in love with it.

Paperman

Seminoles by 30!! LOL  ;D Seriously, both teams should be well prepared and ready to play anyone. The blended conference is tough to get used to, but going to Gosnell, Westside, and even Trumann are tougher environments than going to Hoxie, Piggott, and Walnut Ridge. Corning is a different story. I think the game tomorrow night will be close, unless neither team shoots well. (Much like the Lions loss to Osceola in the district final last year. They couldn't throw it in the ocean from the beach in the first half of that game). It should be fun.

biglion1985

I was there at that game last year and you are correct my we couldn't buy a basket in that game but regardless we have to play perfectly to have a chance and good luck to both teams

RedWolf275

I like Manila in a tight one tonight.

Head Lion

Jr hi score at half 19-18 Lions.

Head Lion

ISU7

Sound like a good Jr high game..

Head Lion

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 20, 2017, 07:53:53 pm
Noles 39-34 at half.
Sounds like a defensive battle at the Lions Den.. Thanks for the update HL

Head Lion

ISU7

Good battle between the two teams.....

Head Lion

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 20, 2017, 08:32:43 pm
65-60 Lions 5:15 left
Noles fans gone start hollering they are getting cheated lol

Head Lion

Noles 84-77 51 secs left, a game of runs all night & they had the 1 that counted.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 20, 2017, 08:49:27 pm
Noles 84-77 51 secs left, a game of runs all night & they had the 1 that counted.
Noles tough down the stretch. Very quick team..

Head Lion

ISU7

Wow nice job by the Noles in an hostile environment. Noles clicking at the right time of the season.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on January 20, 2017, 08:57:49 pm
Wow nice job by the Noles in an hostile environment. Noles clicking at the right time of the season.
It was a good game with 2 battled tested teams & ISU, you are right. Every time Osceola got behind, they were getting cheated. Truth, they regained their composure with about 5 minutes left. It looked like we had them on the ropes and the responded with like a 12-0 run and hit their free pitches.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 20, 2017, 09:27:23 pm
It was a good game with 2 battled tested teams & ISU, you are right. Every time Osceola got behind, they were getting cheated. Truth, they regained their composure with about 5 minutes left. It looked like we had them on the ropes and the responded with like a 12-0 run and hit their free pitches.
They never lose fair .lol

Radiotalker

Big win for the Noles. 5th consecutive road win. Manila has a scrappy team but totally one dimensional. They like the 3 ball.  In the end the Lions wilted under the Seminole pressure. The Seminoles punished them inside.

Next up Rivercrest.

Head Lion

Osceola has the tools to win it all, but Gathen will have to get control of #1 & #50 or their lack of composure won't play well with officials in a state tournament. They won't be allowed to exhibit their displeasure with calls like they did tonight. Fact.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 20, 2017, 09:49:43 pm
Big win for the Noles. 5th consecutive road win. Manila has a scrappy team but totally one dimensional. They like the 3 ball.  In the end the Lions wilted under the Seminole pressure. The Seminoles punished them inside.

Next up Rivercrest.

Riverside @ Osceola Monday January 23

Lrbasketballguru

Osceola has to be #1 team right now imo with the way they are playing. Doing it without gilmore too. amazing

Ghs21

Osceola and Gosnell. Gosnell has really picked it up. It's going to be a really good game when they play each other inFebruary

RedWolf275

I think Guru was talking about 3A rankings

Radiotalker

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on January 21, 2017, 11:15:05 am
Osceola has to be #1 team right now imo with the way they are playing. Doing it without gilmore too. amazing

That will all be decided in March, but they are playing well right now. Like I said before the loss of Gilmore has brought this team together. I actually think they are year away from being really good.

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 21, 2017, 12:32:25 pm
That will all be decided in March, but they are playing well right now. Like I said before the loss of Gilmore has brought this team together. I actually think they are year away from being really good.

I'd say the exact same for ECS. Hope these two teams meet for a sequel.

Paperman

Quote from: Head Lion on January 20, 2017, 09:53:45 pm
Osceola has the tools to win it all, but Gathen will have to get control of #1 & #50 or their lack of composure won't play well with officials in a state tournament. They won't be allowed to exhibit their displeasure with calls like they did tonight. Fact.
As always (or most always, lol) spot on HL!

Head Lion

Quote from: Paperman on January 21, 2017, 03:31:32 pm
As always (or most always, lol) spot on HL!
Osceola is a very good club, I really like the way our kids are playing. I don't like the blended conference, but it has brought some really good in season matches & feel like our side of the conference is pretty much prepared for anything in 3A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas