• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yellville over Valley

Started by YSPantherTO20, January 13, 2017, 10:19:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YSPantherTO20

Yellville-Summit 56
Valley Springs 54

After Y-S blew a double-digit lead, the Panthers tied the game with a 3 with 20 seconds left and won it on a rebound putback with 0.7 seconds left.

I haven't watched much Valley basketball this year, and maybe it's something I'm missing, but what's up with the Tigers? I obviously noticed Coach Jenkins coached the boys tonight, and it seemed like they lacked their normal intensity. Are there coaches and/or players suspended, transferred, etc? I'm just curious.

SackAttack

Quote from: YSPantherTO20 on January 13, 2017, 10:19:24 pm
Yellville-Summit 56
Valley Springs 54

After Y-S blew a double-digit lead, the Panthers tied the game with a 3 with 20 seconds left and won it on a rebound putback with 0.7 seconds left.

I haven't watched much Valley basketball this year, and maybe it's something I'm missing, but what's up with the Tigers? I obviously noticed Coach Jenkins coached the boys tonight, and it seemed like they lacked their normal intensity. Are there coaches and/or players suspended, transferred, etc? I'm just curious.
Im guessing that went over like lead balloon!!

noties

I agree Valley boys just looked "off" last night against Yellville. I didn't suspect missing Coach Taylor would affect them that much. It seemed like many people had high ratings of Valley at the beginning of the season so I'm curious as to what has changed as far as team dynamics since then. Obviously the team I saw last night is very young and while they do have some talented players, I expected them to top Yellville.

TheOfficial

Quote from: noties on January 14, 2017, 03:34:57 pm
I agree Valley boys just looked "off" last night against Yellville. I didn't suspect missing Coach Taylor would affect them that much. It seemed like many people had high ratings of Valley at the beginning of the season so I'm curious as to what has changed as far as team dynamics since then. Obviously the team I saw last night is very young and while they do have some talented players, I expected them to top Yellville.

Nothing has changed.  Not having their coach there last night made a huge difference I the way they play. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas