• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1/9 Riverside at Brookland girls

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, January 08, 2017, 02:39:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

No girls team is playing better right now in this area than the Lady Rebels.
After winning the NEA tourney and then beating Trumann  59-16 they look to be rolling.
I've Watched the Lady Rebels play several times with Shooters and slashers all over the floor, plus a lockdown defensive guard in Waggoner back from ACL who gave Layne a tough time from Bay they should do very well in State.
As with Riverside The Lady Bearcats do not start a Sr. and mostly Sophs the future looks bright for both teams.

zebra73

They are playing well. I guess going four corners,when a team is up by 8 points,and making turnovers to let theother team come back to make it look like a good game,is good enough for a win. The girls have to work their butts off to earn a win. When you are playing well enough to beat a team as much as you can,isn't good enough for their coach. Likes to see how well they handle pressure situations isn't good either. He will lose them allot of games like that. Rivercrest was down by 2 at half and he put the right girls on the floor to pull out a victory. They are young,but talented. Tomorrow will be their true test.

Head Lion

RedWolf275

Quote from: zebra73 on January 08, 2017, 03:58:06 pm
They are playing well. I guess going four corners,when a team is up by 8 points,and making turnovers to let theother team come back to make it look like a good game,is good enough for a win. The girls have to work their butts off to earn a win. When you are playing well enough to beat a team as much as you can,isn't good enough for their coach. Likes to see how well they handle pressure situations isn't good either. He will lose them allot of games like that. Rivercrest was down by 2 at half and he put the right girls on the floor to pull out a victory. They are young,but talented. Tomorrow will be their true test.

I think they win that Marmaduke game by 10+ if they had just kept playing. Had Marmaduke outmanned and by playing slow they let Marmaduke hang around. But at least they hung on for the win and the championship. As for the Brookland game. I'll go with Riverside by 7.

zebra73

If the coach lets them play?? If they have to chase brooklands PG around. Riverside will lose. She is quick and smart off the ball. Depends on how he lets the girls play!!

BoxNOne

Lady Rebels should win this one but they do some strange things at times!

Big Country

How is the girl from Brookland that tore her ACL , any update on her recovery?
I am sure they would love to have her back this year.

zebra73

If coach from Riverside does the 5/5. They will get drummed! Hope he doesn't. We shall see

BoxNOne

Zebra, surely he won't do that crap in this game. Brookland games are his only tough games left in regular season IMO.

zebra73

I would hope not. If not,at least the right group of girls on the floor. That's with any team though. Hop he will not be spastic tonight.😇

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Big Country on January 09, 2017, 10:52:33 am
How is the girl from Brookland that tore her ACL , any update on her recovery?
I am sure they would love to have her back this year.

I talked to Ally Loflin's dad last week, she just got released late last week.
She will get eased into some games with limited floor time.
Anytime a team looses a starting point guard it can throw everything into disarray,
Some Players positions have to change along with offensive plays.
Anyone that has seen her play knows the impact she will have for the Lady Bearcats.
Brookland Players and Fans are ready to see her hit the floor again.

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 09, 2017, 12:44:41 pm
Anytime a team looses a starting point guard it can throw everything into disarray,
Anyone that has seen her play knows the impact she will have for the Lady Bearcats.
Best of luck to her, she is a dandy.

zebra73

Kalifa has stepped up dramatically. She is a natural. Three more years with her and she will be very impressive.

zebra73

Riverside will get out rebounded for sure

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on January 09, 2017, 01:03:08 pm
Best of luck to her, she is a dandy.

Thanks HL , sitting and watching has been extreamly tough on her

Big Country

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 09, 2017, 12:44:41 pm
I am glad she is ok, she is a great player and her return will help them ...good luck to her and the team

Basketballfan13

I have a few questions for some of the posters that know somethings about riverside.

1. How is Riversides program looking from peewees up right now?
2. And how much does their coach work with them outside of regular school practice?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Big Country on January 09, 2017, 01:22:06 pm
I am glad she is ok, she is a great player and her return will help them ...good luck to her and the team

Thanks, anytime you get a solid  starter back it makes a huge difference

RedWolf275

Updates tonight would be appreciated.

Head Lion

Yes, believe I am staying home for football game.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

RedWolf275

Thanks for the updates NEA. Sounds like a grinder but a tight one.

zebra73

Can't stall up by 8. Can't blame Riverside girls for trying to get back in the game that their coach got them out of.

NEA Razorback olfan

January 09, 2017, 09:54:29 pm #26 Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:07:02 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 09, 2017, 09:07:45 pm
Thanks for the updates NEA. Sounds like a grinder but a tight one.

Anytime RedWolf, it was a defensive battle. Riverside built a 8 pt halftime lead, Fisher hit some deep treys. After halftime the Lady Rebels opened up a 14pt lead early. Brookland turned up the full court pressure and cut it to 33-25 after 3rd qtr.
Brookland out scored Riverside 14-4 the final qtr.
Kalifa Ford 9pts
Hannah Lovrien 9pts
Taylor Hammett 8pts
Emily Pate 6 pts

7th
Riverside 18
Brookland 32
Final

Jr
Riverside 36
Brookland 44
Final

zebra73

It was a stall the ball type of game when Riverside gets a lead. Not a defensive game. I bet the community gets tired of seeing get a lead,lets spread it out. Not the type of ball Riverside fans are used to. Beginning to look like a broken theme.

NEA Razorback olfan

January 09, 2017, 10:23:11 pm #28 Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:36:49 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: zebra73 on January 09, 2017, 10:04:58 pm
It was a stall the ball type of game when Riverside gets a lead. Not a defensive game. I bet the community gets tired of seeing get a lead,lets spread it out. Not the type of ball Riverside fans are used to. Beginning to look like a broken theme.

I couldn't understand the stall game myself, Brookland likes to push the ball hard and they were attacking the rim constantly. Ford for Brookland did not give Robertson very many good looks.

Good to see Loflin on the floor tonight in limited time , 2 assist, 1 steal

zebra73

Not many plays set up for Robertson. Wants to focus on certain individuals and she wasn't one of them. One of two of Riverside girls that should have been the go to girl. Can't set it up no better.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: zebra73 on January 09, 2017, 10:32:13 pm
Not many plays set up for Robertson. Wants to focus on certain individuals and she wasn't one of them. One of two of Riverside girls that should have been the go to girl. Can't set it up no better.

I thought #1 for Riverside attacked the rim well

zebra73

Shouldn't have been put in the situation they was in at the end to begin with. Can't say that enough. No wonder his summer teams struggle to get a win. wouldnt want to pay money to see that,although some of us already do. Lol

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: zebra73 on January 09, 2017, 10:47:34 pm
Shouldn't have been put in the situation they was in at the end to begin with. Can't say that enough. No wonder his summer teams struggle to get a win. wouldnt want to pay money to see that,although some of us already do. Lol

Well we both have pretty young teams, no SR starters, Riverside should do well at State

Rebel Rouser

January 09, 2017, 10:55:04 pm #33 Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:21:41 am by Rebel Rouser
Tonight was a perfect example of a good coach vs bad coach

zebra73

If the coach lets them make it that far. Needs to set up different game situations than a spread offense when you have a slim lead. Don't understand his strategy? When you attack the rim and have outside shooters,need to keep scoring. Just my input. Wished i would have stayed in school and got my degree. Lol

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: zebra73 on January 09, 2017, 10:56:41 pm
If the coach lets them make it that far. Needs to set up different game situations than a spread offense when you have a slim lead. Don't understand his strategy? When you attack the rim and have outside shooters,need to keep scoring. Just my input. Wished i would have stayed in school and got my degree. Lol

Riverside has a very good team, I watched them win the NEA , to me this was a tough test for Brookland. Riverside should do well in State!!!

Raider/Rebel

Lack of ability to make adjustments is what cost Riverside the game.  Brookland coach made adjustments on defense to stop #10 and 55 riverside coach didnt know what to do.  There are other capable scorers on the team but no plays run for them to score.  When brookland locked those 2 down riverside went to stall ball and lost the game.

Baller_34

Its amazing how coaches get up by 10 or  so and for whatever reason stall instead of keeping the pressure on and doing what got u the lead. STALLING NEVER WORKS!!

RedWolf275

Especially trying to stall the entire 4th quarter.

Big Country

BoxNOne

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on January 09, 2017, 01:27:09 pm
I have a few questions for some of the posters that know somethings about riverside.

1. How is Riversides program looking from peewees up right now?
2. And how much does their coach work with them outside of regular school practice?

1. Elementary girls is bad.
2. Zero would be that answer at this point

Riversidebball0

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 10, 2017, 11:10:44 am
1. Elementary girls is bad.
2. Zero would be that answer at this point

Elementary ball takes time, and the coach practices with them twice a week and even plans games for them. he also hired another coach to work with them too because he was so busy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas