• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest at Riverside 1/3

Started by NeaBaller21, January 03, 2017, 10:33:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NeaBaller21

I will start off by saying that Riverside won 59-48 , but there are a few issues I fill I need to address. First off none of Rivercrests players have any sportsmanship or class on the court. And second, the coach is just as bad. All night Rivercrest was throwing cheap shots , going into halftime  one of Rivercrest players were in the middle of Riverside shoving players. With around 1 minute left in the game when it was pretty much already over,  a player from Rivercrest chased down Gavin Stone who is a very great player in his Sr Year and shoved him from behind intentionally sending him flying and the coach's only reaction was to take the player out and said nothing to him. Then after the game, the coach was yelling and throwing a fit with the fans from Riverside. Riversides fans did go a little overboard, but as a coach you need to set a good example for your players and not a bad one. Never seen any behavior like that from players and definitely not from a coach.

Missco

Paperman

In my opinion Riverside fans have no room to call Rivercrest classless!

Rebelfan77

Paper man would you like to elaborate on how you can come to that conclusion?

Paperman

Quote from: Paperman on January 03, 2017, 11:33:25 pm
In my opinion Riverside fans have no room to call Rivercrest classless!
Quote from: Rebelfan77 on January 03, 2017, 11:48:34 pm
Paper man would you like to elaborate on how you can come to that conclusion?
Just an observation Rebelfan77! I observed a great deal of bad behavior by both sides! My comment is not meant to paint all fans to be classless, but there was a lot of ignorant behavior by some fans last night! Again, in my opinion! I think some times people get a little carried away at games! Rebels team plays hard, well coached as always! Nice addition to the local rivalry!

luxora4life

January 04, 2017, 10:03:21 am #5 Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:39:14 am by luxora4life
Quote from: NeaBaller21 on January 03, 2017, 10:33:26 pm
I will start off by saying that Riverside won 59-48 , but there are a few issues I fill I need to address. First off none of Rivercrests players have any sportsmanship or class on the court. And second, the coach is just as bad. All night Rivercrest was throwing cheap shots , going into halftime  one of Rivercrest players were in the middle of Riverside shoving players. With around 1 minute left in the game when it was pretty much already over,  a player from Rivercrest chased down Gavin Stone who is a very great player in his Sr Year and shoved him from behind intentionally sending him flying and the coach's only reaction was to take the player out and said nothing to him. Then after the game, the coach was yelling and throwing a fit with the fans from Riverside. Riversides fans did go a little overboard, but as a coach you need to set a good example for your players and not a bad one. Never seen any behavior like that from players and definitely not from a coach.

The situation was bad period.  It didn't need you to come on this forum making up story to make it look worse.  "None of Rivercrest players have any sportsmanship", Rivercrest was throwing cheap shots all night, coach only reaction was to take the player out, didn't say nothing to the player.

You do realize that after the coach told the player he had to make a play on the ball,  he sent the player to the locker room to avoid the situation that was a result of your team's adult fans walking across the court to meet Rivercrest players as they walk to their dressing room.

I thought the kids on the floor handle the situation the right way, especially Stone.  But it's people like you who see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear that make these situation worse than they are. 

Anytime you have fans (adults and kids alike) getting involved, it's not a good situation.  Trust me I know. 

All and all, it should have been and was just a bad, stupid INTENTIONAL foul from a player who hadn't played much basketball that hear his coach yell foul him.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: luxora4life on January 04, 2017, 10:03:21 am
The situation was bad period.  It didn't need you to come on this forum making up story to make it look worse.  "None of Rivercrest players have any sportsmanship", Rivercrest was throwing cheap shots all night, coach only reaction was to take the player out, didn't say nothing to the player.

You do realize that after the coach told the player he had to make a play on the ball,  he sent the player to the locker room to avoid the situation that was a result of your team's adult fans walking across the court to meet Rivercrest players as they walk to their dressing room.

I thought the kids on the floor handle the situation the right way, especially Stone.  But it's people like you who see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear that make these situation worse than they are. 

Anytime you have fans (adults and kids alike) getting involved, it's not a good situation.  Trust me I know. 

All and all, it should have been and was just a bad, stupid INTENTIONAL foul from a player who had played much basketball that hear his coach yell foul him.
You have your point of view just like I have mine...

luxora4life

January 04, 2017, 03:14:33 pm #7 Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:38:14 am by luxora4life
Quote from: NeaBaller21 on January 04, 2017, 12:46:24 pm
You have your point of view just like I have mine...

Mine's include FACTS

Rebelfan77

Quote from: luxora4life on January 04, 2017, 03:14:33 pm
Mind includes FACTS
Facts? Seeing as how you probably have been to 1 game at Riverside. You probably don't know that after every game the fans always go to court and congratulate the players and coach win or lose. i doubt very seriously they were going after the Rivercrest players. when you have the facts wont you please share them with us?

Sports1511

870baller15

Sounds like someone just couldn't stand getting beat

biglion1985

I wasn't at the game but that doesn't sound like something kam would do

bbfan89

January 05, 2017, 06:55:00 am #12 Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:12:17 am by bbfan89
A select few Riverside fans (one student and several grown men) were to blame for everything that transpired after the game period.  Administrators did nothing to stop the fans from approaching Rivercrest's coach and the referees and acted totally foolish. What happened on the floor was taken care of and while referees make mistakes, they should never be approached by fans. It is not always about wins and losses. The actions of adults who should know better often reflect on the entire Riverside fan base and that is unfortunate. Hopefully, the school officials at Riverside will have proper administrators on duty who can control adults from verbally abusing referees and opposing teams.   

ISU7

January 05, 2017, 08:53:39 am #13 Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:56:31 am by ISU7
If Riverside is so
tough why don't they get a football team🐔🐔. I guess they wanna stick to playing the sport that females play too.🏀👬😜😷😎

RedWolf275

I have read all of the posts above and can't figure out where the last post came from. Didn't see anybody say anything about Riverside being tough and certainly nothing about football. I thought this was a basketball board.

Rebelfan77

Quote from: ISU7 on January 05, 2017, 08:53:39 am
If Riverside is so
tough why don't they get a football team🐔🐔. I guess they wanna stick to playing the sport that females play too.🏀👬😜😷😎

I don't think anyone said anything about them being so tough? Where do you get this crap from?

luxora4life

Quote from: Rebelfan77 on January 04, 2017, 03:36:26 pm
Facts? Seeing as how you probably have been to 1 game at Riverside. You probably don't know that after every game the fans always go to court and congratulate the players and coach win or lose. i doubt very seriously they were going after the Rivercrest players. when you have the facts wont you please share them with us?

Let's see, I was sitting on the home side of the gym.  Riverside players walked across the floor to their locker room on the same side.  The guy who were inviting the players and coach to a fist fight were 4 to 5 step from the entry of the visitor locker room.  Most, if not all of Riverside players were in the locker room when this was going on.  I finally got up out of my sit (at half court, bottom row) walk across the floor and made some of the Rivercrest Fans and all of the Jr. High player go back to the other in of the gym.  Facts

Rebelfan77

I'm sure that was our student, but still yet that should have not happened. I did not know about that. We do have some fans that tend to make us all look ignorant from time to time but doesn't every school? I believe that student has been taken care of.

luxora4life

Quote from: Rebelfan77 on January 05, 2017, 10:16:42 am
I'm sure that was our student, but still yet that should have not happened. I did not know about that. We do have some fans that tend to make us all look ignorant from time to time but doesn't every school? I believe that student has been taken care of.

I agree it shouldn't have went that far, but I'm not judging anyone for their REACTION.  Just stating the facts.    Who knows how I would have reacted if it was my son or one of our player getting foul the way our player foul the Riverside player.

Baller_34

I don't have a dog in the fight but that was dumbest comment I think I've seen on here from ISU7!!!

NeaBaller21

Speaking from experience, you'll have trouble finding any coach around here other than Buster that teaches his players discipline and respect like he does.

Radiotalker

I know it doesn't change anything in regards to what happened, but I thought the game was at Rivercrest. The thread says @ Riverside. Which is correct? Just curious.

luxora4life

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 05, 2017, 11:52:38 am
I know it doesn't change anything in regards to what happened, but I thought the game was at Rivercrest. The thread says @ Riverside. Which is correct? Just curious.
@ Riverside

Radiotalker

biglion1985

Hey talking about teaching his players respect coach wimberly always wants his players to have respect along with buster and from what I've heard from coach ashabranner's he is trying to do the samething at rivercrest

Rebelfan77

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 06, 2017, 01:53:53 am
Hey talking about teaching his players respect coach wimberly always wants his players to have respect along with buster and from what I've heard from coach ashabranner's he is trying to do the samething at rivercrest

Well, when the intentional was called 2 of his players at the end of the bench were cheering and clapping! Respect? Yeah doesn't look like it to me. If one of the Riverside players did that they would probably be cleaning out their locker!!!

biglion1985

Heck rebelfan you can't build rome in a day give the young man time and I know one thing for sure buster wouldn't put up with that but give coach ashabranner time I believe he can do it

ISU7

Quote from: Baller_34 on January 05, 2017, 11:38:09 am
I don't have a dog in the fight but that was dumbest comment I think I've seen on here from ISU7!!!
Well don't read what I post genius. I was just throwing a curve ball in the situation at hand. I see you're just a fast ball hitter. Lol C'mon man it's just a forum.  Who knows  dumb comments seem to got Trump elected lol.

ISU7

Quote from: Rebelfan77 on January 06, 2017, 07:21:52 am
Well, when the intentional was called 2 of his players at the end of the bench were cheering and clapping! Respect? Yeah doesn't look like it to me. If one of the Riverside players did that they would probably be cleaning out their locker!!!
Maybe Coach K from Duke need to listen too you lol. Too funny.

870baller15

Quote from: ISU7 on January 05, 2017, 08:53:39 am
If Riverside is so

It would just be another sport we could beat Rivercrest in. 🐸☕️

biglion1985

Hold up there baller that's a totally different thing how about go ahead get football and jump in that shark tank that rivercrest likes to swim in they aren't no joke when it comes to football

870baller15

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 10, 2017, 07:48:20 am
Hold up there baller that's a totally different thing how about go ahead get football and jump in that shark tank that rivercrest likes to swim in they aren't no joke when it comes to football

Oh I know they're really good I've watched them playl a couple of times, I just like to have a little fun 😎

870baller15

Quote from: 870baller15 on January 10, 2017, 10:55:36 am
Oh I know they're really good I've watched them playl a couple of times, I just like to have a little fun 😎

And I still think we're still a little to small to start a football program

ISU7

Quote from: 870baller15 on January 10, 2017, 10:57:11 am
And I still think we're still a little to small to start a football program
So do I fun is good  lol

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on January 08, 2017, 09:31:20 am
Well don't read what I post genius. I was just throwing a curve ball in the situation at hand. I see you're just a fast ball hitter. Lol C'mon man it's just a forum.  Who knows  dumb comments seem to got Trump elected lol.

that and Democrats being stupid enough to run Hillary for president.

RedWolf275

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on January 12, 2017, 08:12:31 pm
that and Democrats being stupid enough to run Hillary for president.
Exactly.  Democrats should've use someone with no experience at all and was the host of a reality show. 😄😷😎

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas