• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

question about district tourney

Started by bootlegger, December 19, 2016, 08:52:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bootlegger

December 19, 2016, 08:52:19 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:10:33 pm by bootlegger
when district tourney play starts do you plays the teams in your district 3A3 even though you havnt played them this year.

ISU7

CoolBreeze

MICHAELSPAPPY

An attempt to cut down on travel during the regular season. When you are shipping kids from Eureka Springs to Magazine and Hartford, for example, it makes for some late nights, especially in the middle of the week. I agree it makes for a confusing regular season schedules, though.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on December 21, 2016, 10:19:28 am
An attempt to cut down on travel during the regular season. When you are shipping kids from Eureka Springs to Magazine and Hartford, for example, it makes for some late nights, especially in the middle of the week. I agree it makes for a confusing regular season schedules, though.
Makes sense to try to avoid kids being out until midnight or after on a school night, but it's still a weird approach.

(Sarcasm on)Oh, I have a novel idea (sarcasm off). Why not reduce the number of classes, then the conferences wouldn't have to be so geographically large. That would accomplish the same thing without all the confusion.

WPWells

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 21, 2016, 11:40:43 am
Why not reduce the number of classes, then the conferences wouldn't have to be so geographically large. That would accomplish the same thing without all the confusion.

True. But then you have the problem of the gap between the have's and have not's within each class being wider, and the little guys always getting beat down. It is not an easy problem to solve.

HorseFeathers

Forget it all guys....Let's just do a promotion/relegation system!

sevenof400

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 31, 2016, 08:58:27 am

It would be glorious!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 31, 2016, 09:02:40 am
It would be glorious!

Do it based on a 2 year system and just let it roll....LR Hall might finally be competitive in football at the 2a level

WPWells

Probably not. Don't forget that they lost to Westside last year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WPWells on December 31, 2016, 11:14:26 am
Probably not. Don't forget that they lost to Westside last year

Hahaha...Maybe we put them in their own league 8)

AT

That was Fair by the way. Fake punt did them in.

WPWells

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 31, 2016, 08:58:27 am
Please forgive my ignorance, but that's not language I'm familiar with.

What is a promotion/relegation system? How would it work?

WPWells

It's how British soccer works. At the end of the season the top X teams in a league move up while the bottom X teams in the higher league move down.

For example:

Charleston, Prescott, and Glen Rose move up to 4A after this season while West Fork, DeWitt, and ??? move down and take their place in 3A

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WPWells on December 31, 2016, 02:29:59 pm
It's how British soccer works. At the end of the season the top X teams in a league move up while the bottom X teams in the higher league move down.

For example:

Charleston, Prescott, and Glen Rose move up to 4A after this season while West Fork, DeWitt, and ??? move down and take their place in 3A

I would propose a 2 year system so schools wouldn't have to worry about nonconference games

CoolBreeze

Quote from: WPWells on December 31, 2016, 02:29:59 pm

For example:

So, essentially, it's a performance based system. Top teams move up and teams at the bottom move down.

Sounds eminently fair to me.

MomaLion

It didn't accomplish that for us. We lost teams like Brinkley,  15 mins away and Palestine-Wheatley,  30 mins and gained North Little Rock,  Jacksonville and Sherwood which are an hour+

ZoneBuster

Quote from: MomaLion on January 02, 2017, 04:28:09 pm
It didn't accomplish that for us. We lost teams like Brinkley,  15 mins away and Palestine-Wheatley,  30 mins and gained North Little Rock,  Jacksonville and Sherwood which are an hour+

Who's your team?

MomaLion

bobcats

Isolated schools like Eureka have the option to move up a class.  Cotter did that the last cycle.  They were a 2A enrollment school playing in 3A.  Geographically it made sense for them.  The fact is it had nothing to do with Eureka.  Mountain Home has been pushing this for some time.  I follow Marshall, in the new combined conference we lost Clinton which is 30 minutes away for Huntsville which is almost a 2 hour drive.  Melbourne lost Mountain View which again is about a 30 minute drive for Piggott which is a 2 1/2 hour drive.  The AAA is completely and totally void of common sense.  It's like how the regions are set up, you would expect districts which are geographically close would be in the same regions but it is almost like they want to create the most travel as possible across crooked mountain roads.  Common sense says the 1-W and 1-E would be together and the 3 and the 2, but that makes way too much sense.  Instead let's have Osceola travel 4-5 hours in the middle of the night through the mountains on 2 lane roads when they could be traveling half that time on flat 4 lane highways to the Searcy area.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas