• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 Charleston Tigers

Started by The Dynasty, December 16, 2016, 08:18:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dynasty

Finally Coach Ross will get his whole team back tonight in Cedarville. It's going to be fun watching these boys come together. They have a tough row to hoe the first couple of weeks with the Coke Classic and a match up in mid January against Episcopal. I look for this team to be tough to beat come tournament time.

dentist15

December 16, 2016, 08:45:18 am #1 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:02:10 am by dentist15
Your football boys are definitely not starting out with easy games, except for Cedarville (who is fairly down this year, so should be a good game for the football players to get their feet wet). Playing against that kind of competition in the early and mid season usually leads to a tough team to beat in the post-season.

lostintheweeds

Can't wait!   Ready to see what this team looks like now with all the pieces in place.

Black and Gold

It's hard for me to picture any team in 3a having a better back court. With the addition of Hampton and possibly Keener down low, we shouldn't have to rely so heavily on the three.

I'm expecting pretty great things from the Tigers this year. Should be the year we get over the hump.

WPWells

The Charleston basketball twitter account just said tonight is the conference opener. I thought the Booneville game was the opener

CapnObvious

YC

I would hate to be in B.J.'s shoes. He will have a hard time keeping the fans and parents happy. He has 10 players that can play and could start for a lot of teams. Hampton starts immediately (that's a no-brainer) but may have to work some others in gradually. Perhaps the rest will be role players according to the situation but if that turns out to be the case they will still play a lot.

Starting in January I look for them to go undefeated through the remainder of the exhibition season and district tournament. Regional will be somewhat tougher.

ChucktownTiger

I think it's gonna take a little time to see who meshes well with who and to get the rust knocked off these Football boys. Once they get a few games under their belt and the kinks worked out. This should be one heck of a team, with some pretty salty bench play.

The Dynasty

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 16, 2016, 12:04:03 pm
I think it's gonna take a little time to see who meshes well with who and to get the rust knocked off these Football boys. Once they get a few games under their belt and the kinks worked out. This should be one heck of a team, with some pretty salty bench play.

I agree. Once they get it all together they will be a tough out for anyone. With that being said, Ross will have them rolling in a couple weeks. That's why he's making the big bucks!!!!!

YC

Can't get anything off that Jr. High board.

Does anyone know how their games turned out last night?

The Dynasty

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 16, 2016, 01:02:33 pm
Can't get anything off that Jr. High board.

Does anyone know how their games turned out last night?

Kill job per usual for the boys.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: CapnObvious on December 16, 2016, 11:14:53 am
Isn't booneville 4-A ?
Booneville is 4A but some genius (at AAA?) came up with the notion to combine 3A and 4A for conference play.

The Dynasty

Boys win 46-42. To say it was ugly would be an understatement. We looked like it was our first game back for sure.

HorseFeathers

Cedarville is in charlestons district tournament I think

The Dynasty

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 17, 2016, 04:05:26 pm
Cedarville is in charlestons district tournament I think

Correct. Cedarville and Mansfield.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 18, 2016, 08:47:29 pm
Correct. Cedarville and Mansfield.

Had to say I think, because I'm never sure if I am thinking right with these new screwy districts and conferences..

The Dynasty

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 18, 2016, 08:48:19 pm
Had to say I think, because I'm never sure if I am thinking right with these new screwy districts and conferences..

I hate it. From what I've been told the 4 games against Cedarville and Mansfield are the only ones that influence the postseason during the year.

RTF

I seen that Chuck gets Northside in the Coke Classic, and if they can win that one they will probably get Gafford of El Dorado in the 2nd Round. That would be an interesting match-up.

ACE

Is there a bracket for this anywhere? wondering what day and time they play.

ACE

WPWells

Halftime of the Coke Classic:

Fort Smith Northside 48
Charleston 43

The Dynasty

Tigers end up going down by 32 I think. It was a 5 point game in the middle of the third. At that point the Arkansas commit took over. The Tigers hung tough against a very good 7A team. I loved how we competed tonight.

The Dynasty

Tigers fall 75-66. Looked really good at times against another 7A team. Tigers play Robinson tomorrow at 1.

The Dynasty

Tigers beat JT Robinson 71-42. Charleston played really well and had a good tournament. Ready to start conference!!!!

The Dynasty

Tigers beat Mansfield 79-32. Tigers had 8 threes in the first quarter and 36 points total. A good tune up for the showdown with Paris Friday.

The Dynasty

Charleston will hold the Regional.

The Dynasty

Charleston boys win 67-58

Charleston girls win 47-44

The Dynasty

Charleston boys play Episcopal in Little Rock at 1:30 tomorrow in the MLK Showcase.

The Dynasty

teachers pet

Looks like Episcopal is for real!

The Dynasty

January 14, 2017, 08:51:39 pm #31 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:35:34 pm by The Dynasty
Quote from: teachers pet on January 14, 2017, 07:00:56 pm
Looks like Episcopal is for real!

They'll be tough to beat. Charleston could've played much better. A lot of dumb turnovers today. Taking nothing away from Episcopal though. They are a good team.

xadboy

It's hard for a team that played a hard fought rivalry game then turn around and travel to play a team like Episcopal. Give Ctown some fresh legs and this game would be a better game for Ctown.

neaguru

Quote from: xadboy on January 14, 2017, 10:18:23 pm
It's hard for a team that played a hard fought rivalry game then turn around and travel to play a team like Episcopal. Give Ctown some fresh legs and this game would be a better game for Ctown.
Episcopal played baptist prep Friday night....a lot better opponent than Paris so you can't use that as an excuse.

frederick lee

Quote from: neaguru on January 14, 2017, 10:44:10 pm
Episcopal played baptist prep Friday night....a lot better opponent than Paris so you can't use that as an excuse.
Neaguru you got to understand they will come up with the craziest excuses. Never we just got beat.

The Dynasty

Quote from: frederick lee on January 15, 2017, 12:01:28 am
Neaguru you got to understand they will come up with the craziest excuses. Never we just got beat.

A Lamar poster said that there Freddy. Episcopal is good. By far the best 3A team we've played. I hope we get another shot at them.

Lrbasketballguru

Seems like both teams haven't maximized their potential yet. Hoping for a good rematch with both at their best.

ZoneBuster

Sounds like the state tournament playing tough teams back to back days... no excuses then. Good for the teams to experience it now.

The Dynasty

Quote from: ZoneBuster on January 15, 2017, 10:43:15 am
Sounds like the state tournament playing tough teams back to back days... no excuses then. Good for the teams to experience it now.

Exactly. Glad we played. Two of the best in 3A. Hope to see it again.

frederick lee

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 15, 2017, 11:08:37 am
Exactly. Glad we played. Two of the best in 3A. Hope to see it again.
Trying to revenge an L is getting old. Your bout to run out of time and teams Lamar, Cedarville, Booneville,Episcopal. Well maybe your waiting on the football guys to get in.

The Dynasty

Quote from: frederick lee on January 15, 2017, 11:28:35 am
Trying to revenge an L is getting old. Your bout to run out of time and teams Lamar, Cedarville, Booneville,Episcopal. Well maybe your waiting on the football guys to get in.

I hope you aren't as dumb as you sound.

smallybells

Lol, you're one to be talking 😀

The Dynasty

The Dynasty

Tigers at home tonight against the Ozark Hillbillies.

The Dynasty

Tigers fall to Ozark by 8. Tigers better get it together pretty quick.

The Dynasty

Tigers fall 62-59 at Booneville las night and go to 9-8 on the season.

ToughGuy91

what is the tigers current record?

ZoneBuster

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 20, 2017, 09:46:03 am
Tigers fall 62-59 at Booneville las night and go to 9-8 on the season.
Quote from: ToughGuy91 on January 20, 2017, 10:08:35 am
what is the tigers current record?

ToughGuy91

how many does fenner average a game ??

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas