• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who has the worse fans around

Started by biglion1985, December 11, 2016, 03:57:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

biglion1985

NeaBaller21

Head Lion

Head Lion

Baller, I know you like to stalk & pound on Manila. I will agree we could use work on complaining about officiating, but really do feel our fans are tons better than 5 years ago.  Coach Lee doesn't gripe much at the officials & I think it has carried over to our fans, some. One reason our fans get a bad rap, whether at home or the road. We usually have the biggest crowd, which shows our communities great support for the team.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on December 11, 2016, 07:51:29 am
25 of our fans didn't get threw out at Armorel last night.

I assume these were Gosnell fans who were thrown out?

Head Lion

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 11, 2016, 08:20:16 am
I assume these were Gosnell fans who were thrown out?
Yea, 25 would be a safe estimate.

Ghs21

I would put gosnell up there with the best fans around. They are passionate . They got kicked out because they were all in the same section as a few kids. It was
Stupid. There was an elderely lady in that section that wasn't even from gosnell who had to leave. It was a great atmosphere last night and a great come back and that great atomosphere got sucked out.

Daddyrat

Great comeback only count if you win... ???

Sports1511

If you were there then you would know that aside from the Jr high team that was in that section there were only about 5 from Gosnell that got thrown out. The rest were Armorel, Blytheville and Rivervrest. I wouldn't call it being the worst fans but rather cheering on a team that made a great come back down 25 to witin 3 with 3 minutes left!

Head Lion

December 11, 2016, 05:31:36 pm #9 Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 06:55:52 pm by Head Lion
I was off coaching our little kids yesterday and was not there. So I cant give an honest assessment of what went on.I know Gosnell has a good sports program and their fans support them really good. In most cases, a few people can bring a bad eye on the whole. This is one reason I have settled my butt down, plus my blood pressure stays border line stroke. LOL, I think this blended conference we both are in is the top in the state, top to bottom.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Head Lion on December 11, 2016, 08:01:47 am
Baller, I know you like to stalk & pound on Manila. I will agree we could use work on complaining about officiating, but really do feel our fans are tons better than 5 years ago.  Coach Lee doesn't gripe much at the officials & I think it has carried over to our fans, some. One reason our fans get a bad rap, whether at home or the road. We usually have the biggest crowd, which shows our communities great support for the team.
I will admit it might have been unnecessary to throw Manila under the bus like that, but I'm just speaking from past experiences. Sat right in front of Manila fans at one of Gennings games, and every parent was yelling at the refs and some were even yelling at the coach.

Head Lion

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on December 11, 2016, 06:21:14 pm
I will admit it might have been unnecessary to throw Manila under the bus like that, but I'm just speaking from past experiences. Sat right in front of Manila fans at one of Gennings games, and every parent was yelling at the refs and some were even yelling at the coach.
OK Nea, it is an area all schools could use some work on. The schools with a history of success and hi support usually get pinned with being bad fans. Hopefully we are always looking to get better at Manila, that is to win and do it with class.

beach bum

I am going to take a wild guess and say this thread goes south and gets ugly fairly quickly haha....

Head Lion

I know what fans get my vote for biggest crybabies???

ISU7

Quote from: Sports1511 on December 11, 2016, 02:49:53 pm
If you were there then you would know that aside from the Jr high team that was in that section there were only about 5 from Gosnell that got thrown out. The rest were Armorel, Blytheville and Rivervrest. I wouldn't call it being the worst fans but rather cheering on a team that made a great come back down 25 to witin 3 with 3 minutes left!
Lol too funny I was there sitting right behind Manila bench even talk to coach Wimberly every now and then while his players were returning to the court from a time out. The few fans from RiverCrest sit behind Manila bench except my nephew and a friend who sit in the students section but were sitting to the left of those who were thrown out. Why would RiverCrest fans get threw out in a game between Gosnell and Manila at Armorel. No RC fans were thrown out.lol 😷😎

Sports1511

There were multiple fan bases there and were thrown out in that section.  The official obviously needs to take a break for a while he has rabbit ears when he should be doing his job.  This is the second time in less than two weeks that he has thrown a whole section of fans out of a ballgame. Even an elderly lady that was sitting in that section was made to leave.

Missco

I agree. This official has some issues that are obvious.  The administration at Armorel thought he handled the situation poorly.

RTF

Every fan base has their crazies. Some are so obnoxious they drown out the other fans that are just cheering on their team. I wouldn't let just a couple of people dictate how I see a fan base.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Sports1511 on December 12, 2016, 09:48:09 am
There were multiple fan bases there and were thrown out in that section.  The official obviously needs to take a break for a while he has rabbit ears when he should be doing his job.  This is the second time in less than two weeks that he has thrown a whole section of fans out of a ballgame. Even an elderly lady that was sitting in that section was made to leave.

I don't know the situation that happened here.  But I will say that in my 2 decades of officiating, I have never tossed a fan out myself and only once when I was involved with a game has one been removed from the gym.  In my humble opinion, having officiated for years and being a fan of the sport, I have seen some officials that get too involved in listening to fans.  I've had to remind a few during halftime not to listen to fans because you aren't doing your job.  Having said that, I do agree that a lot of "fans" just pay to yell at officials and that is not teaching the kids anything if grown ups are acting this way.

whosyourdaddy

an official throwing out a fan that didn't come on the court or throw something on the court is UNACCEPTABLE!  half the fans in the stands are not going to like the call period and in my opinion this is just a way for the ref to say "hey look at me"   the best refs are the ones you cant even remember them being in the game..  I heard this situation got way out of hand and shouldn't have happened...

Redwolves8526

Can't get much worse than Lamar fans

Daddyrat

Send him to Osceola and buy some popcorn... should be good show

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: whosyourdaddy on December 12, 2016, 02:50:02 pm
an official throwing out a fan that didn't come on the court or throw something on the court is UNACCEPTABLE!  half the fans in the stands are not going to like the call period and in my opinion this is just a way for the ref to say "hey look at me"   the best refs are the ones you cant even remember them being in the game..  I heard this situation got way out of hand and shouldn't have happened...

In my example, there were literally just a handful of fans in the gym that night.  My partner made a call, someone yelled.  Nothing to it.  The fan then decides to stand up and yell for everyone to hear.  "I said it and you can't do anything about it".  He got an early exit. 

I agree that fans are going to yell, they have at me for years but there are times like the one I addressed above that you have to ask game management (home school rep) to remove the individual.   He was being a fool plain and simple.

xadboy

Redwolves8526

Quote from: xadboy on December 15, 2016, 04:12:19 pm
Really? Explain please.

They remind me a lot of Charleston fans. They smell bad, complain about every call, and usually don't know what they are talking about.

KingFootball

I agree totally about Lamar fans.  I don't mind you yelling, but when you yell and don't have a clue what's going on it is just embarrassing.  I mean I know you're frustrated with the situation you're in. I mean except for the boys baseball coach, the head coaches in every sport have no business coaching a team. But I'm just an outsider looking in.  There several fans in Glen Rose that are a little over the top.   

YC

Put a clothes'pin on your nose and cotton balls in your ears. It works wonders.
I'm offended by the "smells bad" statement. I shower every Saturday whether I need it or not.

Didn't see anything from you last week King. I'm assuming Queen had you on a tight leash for that one ;D

KingFootball

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 16, 2016, 10:33:15 am
Put a clothes'pin on your nose and cotton balls in your ears. It works wonders.
I'm offended by the "smells bad" statement. I shower every Saturday whether I need it or not.

Didn't see anything from you last week King. I'm assuming Queen had you on a tight leash for that one ;D
You would be correct about that. When she makes plans she sticks to them.  Had the grandkids over.  So my free time was minimized greatly. 

xadboy

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on December 16, 2016, 08:59:41 am
They remind me a lot of Charleston fans. They smell bad, complain about every call, and usually don't know what they are talking about.
So guess you know the rules forward and backwards? Every wolve I've been around stink to high heaven. Hygiene is definitely not high on priority list.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: xadboy on December 17, 2016, 10:38:22 pm
So guess you know the rules forward and backwards? Every wolve I've been around stink to high heaven. Hygiene is definitely not high on priority list.

Yes I do. Front to back.

xadboy

Redwolves8526

Baller_34

After being at the Rivercrest/Westside game tonight I wld have to rank Rivercrest near the top. I guess my first question is how many fans sit on or right in front on the visitor side? To me that is just asking for trouble!! I cld understand I guess if the home side was full but it was half empty!! And then they wanna holler at the visiting fans for cheering right by them. I was very disappointed!!

xadboy

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on December 20, 2016, 08:37:52 am
Your fans you are sitting beside
Wow! Sorry dude, didn't know that was your family sitting next to me. Ever heard of soap? Must save a lot of money by not buying hygiene products. Tell your ladies there is a thing called a bra. Yeesh!!!

zebra73

Redwolves8526

Quote from: xadboy on January 20, 2017, 02:56:47 am
Wow! Sorry dude, didn't know that was your family sitting next to me. Ever heard of soap? Must save a lot of money by not buying hygiene products. Tell your ladies there is a thing called a bra. Yeesh!!!

Still salty after all this time huh? Lol

NeaBaller21

biglion1985

Hands down Osceola worst fans around

ISU7

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 20, 2017, 08:58:47 pm
I take it Noles beat the Lions in Manila tonight, right. ;D 8)

Missco

Lol, Osceola over the years has had pretty calm fans compared to most Mississippi county schools. Hands down Armorel, BIC, Gosnell, and Manila have the worst fans in Miss Co. 

ISU7

Quote from: Missco on January 20, 2017, 09:28:37 pm
Lol, Osceola over the years has had pretty calm fans compared to most Mississippi county schools. Hands down Armorel, BIC, Gosnell, and Manila have the worst fans in Miss Co.
Lol we will see how good the Noles fans are Tuesday night lol

Radiotalker

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 20, 2017, 08:58:47 pm

This coming from someone who's school was put on probation because of their fans.

Missco

We played Osceola earlier in year. They  were fine.     

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 20, 2017, 09:39:31 pm
This coming from someone who's school was put on probation because of their fans.
We got y'all in football, still some hoops to go. We will let baseball be the tiebreaker?

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on January 20, 2017, 09:49:48 pm
We got y'all in football, still some hoops to go. We will let baseball be the tiebreaker?

Lol

Missco

Lol....HL I think y'all win that, lol.

Head Lion

It's hard to lose to a in county rival, but you know you have a good program when Osceola's celebrates like they won state when they beat you.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 20, 2017, 09:57:13 pm
It's hard to lose to a in county rival, but you know you have a good program when Osceola's celebrates like they won state when they beat you.
And to think the team (RiverCrest) that has been losing is the team that has the most recent State Basketball Championship in this county.......... ;D 8)

Ponca

biglion1985

Let me start off by saying I didn't mean all of the osceola fans but there was some that was sitting behind us and the language that they used shouldn't have been at no high school game or anywhere around any kids just saying but either I will say this the noles do have a good team and should do some damange come tournament time so with that said good luck to the noles on the rest of the way

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas