• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UPDATED TOP TEN

Started by BigMan15, December 07, 2016, 11:23:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bootlegger

i believe they were the ones left outside like me

ISU7

Quote from: bootlegger on December 09, 2016, 07:50:46 pm
i believe they were the ones left outside like me
Lol. I moved to let them in free Most are there for look at me not the game Lol

thabeast428

Mcgehee boys beat Jc 61-59 in OT

smallybells

Perryville defeats 4A Clinton

BigMan15

smallybells

Well, from this thread they were supposed to be solid, just trying to keep this thread informed Bigman.

ISU7

Jhill1970

So the conference winners get a automatic bid to regionals.  Realizing that there is a conference tournament how many other teams go to the regional tournament out of their conference? Thanks for any input!!

neds

Episcopal loses to Bryant 61-51 on Saturday in the Jammin for Jackets consolation final

TheOfficial

I've seen Osceola and McGehee and they can go.  Both are top 3 teams for sure.

Jimbo Morphis

ea cat

Oldman coach Pace has the Owls at 8-0 on the Season. Maybe if they stretch that to 20-0 the guy will rank them.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ea cat on December 14, 2016, 08:21:36 am
Oldman coach Pace has the Owls at 8-0 on the Season. Maybe if they stretch that to 20-0 the guy will rank them.
I have not seen them yet. Never go until after deer season. I hear they're pretty good. As young as they are they should be good for a couple of years.

TRgators11

I saw on MaxPreps, Paris Beat Perryville last night by 20+! :o wow

RTF

Booneville beat Subi in a close one.

Sorry this needed to go to 4A, This 3A/4A cross conference stuff is confussing.

TRgators11

Quote from: RTF on December 14, 2016, 10:52:03 am
Booneville beat Subi in a close one.

Sorry this needed to go to 4A, This 3A/4A cross conference stuff is confussing.
Saw that! Booneville capped wins over charleston and subiaco academy already! I don't think they'll last though! But who knows? Good Luck to all Teams!

neds

Episcopal goes to Lonoke (4A) and wins 56 - 48

teachers pet

Maxpreps has Mcgehee and Paris ranked 1 and 2.

ISU7

Quote from: ea cat on December 14, 2016, 08:21:36 am
About two years ago Mcgehee was 30-0 and lost to the 4th seed out of region 3 RiverCrest in the first round of the state tournament.

Paperman

Very true ISU7! Colts beat them soundly

neds

The only thing that truly prepares a team for 'the run' at the end is playing the best competition you can during the year. A team can't control their conference quality, but they can control their non conference schedule.

Radiotalker

Quote from: neds on December 18, 2016, 12:06:55 pm
The only thing that truly prepares a team for 'the run' at the end is playing the best competition you can during the year. A team can't control their conference quality, but they can control their non conference schedule.

I agree. Too many concerned about their precious record.

OB11

Quote from: neds on December 18, 2016, 12:06:55 pm

But with the way the  new conferences are set up, it makes it harder to schedule quality non conference opponents.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 18, 2016, 12:41:19 pm
I agree. Too many concerned about their precious record.
In basketball, "the record" means little. It's who plays well at tournament time.

Previous posters are right. The very best way to prepare to compete against the better teams encountered when you get farther along in the process is to schedule quality competition. The more adversity a team has faced, the better prepared they'll be to handle it when it strikes--and it will-- in the tournament.

ea cat

True about McGehee a few years ago. That team had no outside threat.

Jimbo Morphis

December 19, 2016, 11:02:11 am #75 Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:03:53 am by Oldman
Quote from: ISU7 on December 17, 2016, 11:48:42 pm
About two years ago Mcgehee was 30-0 and lost to the 4th seed out of region 3 RiverCrest in the first round of the state tournament.
And our tallest kid was about 5'9 and a year or so before that we made a deep run in state. I've just been posting some scores not saying Mcgehee should be ranked. I'll leave the team pimping all to you.

BigMan15

Updated 12/19/16 Top Ten
1. Osceola
2. ECS
3. Charleston
4. McGehee
5. Manilla
6. Paris
7. Lamar
8. Jesseville
9.  Junction City
10. Perryville

RTF

December 19, 2016, 11:40:52 am #77 Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:52:03 pm by RTF
Osceola:  6-4   Loses to Blytheville 2x, Fair, Marion
ECS:   6-3       Loses to Bryant, Fair, Baptist Prep
Charleston: 4-3 Loses to Booneville, Lamar, Pottsville
Mcgehee: 10-1 Loses to Monticello
Manilla: 8-5     Loses to Trumann, Osceola, Brookland, Riverside, BICHS 
Paris: 9-1       Loses to Roland (OK)
Lamar: 8-2     Loses to Perryville, Dardanelle
JEssieville: 8-3 Loses to Sheridan, Perryville, Dardanelle
Junction City: 4-2 Loses to Monticello, Mcgehee
Perryville: 7-2   Loses to Paris, Shirley

If you re-rank this based off of today

1. Mcgehee
2. Paris
3. Osceola
4. ECS
5. Perryville
6. Lamar
7. Junction City
8. Charleston
9. Jessieville
10. Manilla

obviously this would change as the season progresses.

BigMan15

Also look at the competion on the wins and how many games were affected by not having football players, or injuries. Ask Manila how many more wins they would have if they had Bradley Woodall for all the games. Charleston with all the players wouldnot lose to Booneville, Pottsville and the Lamar game would have been a toss up. Also anybody got any stats on Marshall, Valley Springs, or any suprise teams.

Radiotalker

Quote from: RTF on December 19, 2016, 11:40:52 am
Osceola:  4-3   Loses to Blytheville, Fair, Marion
ECS:   6-3       Loses to Bryant, Fair, Baptist Prep
Charleston: 4-3 Loses to Booneville, Lamar, Pottsville
Mcgehee: 10-1 Loses to Monticello
Manilla: 8-5     Loses to Trumann, Osceola, Brookland, Riverside, BICHS 
Paris: 9-1       Loses to Roland (OK)
Lamar: 8-2     Loses to Perryville, Dardanelle
JEssieville: 8-3 Loses to Sheridan, Perryville, Dardanelle
Junction City: 4-2 Loses to Monticello, Mcgehee
Perryville: 7-2   Loses to Paris, Shirley

If you re-rank this based off of today

1. Mcgehee
2. Paris
3. Osceola
4. ECS
5. Perryville
6. Lamar
7. Junction City
8. Charleston
9. Jessieville
10. Manilla

obviously this would change as the season progresses.

actually Osceola is 6-4.........2 loses to Blytheville

RTF

Thanks Radio, all my info is off of MaxPreps.

Bigman, I hear you and thats why  I think Osceola and ECS should be higher than some but loses are loses none the less. Also, Charleston beat an 0-7 Cedarville team by what? 6? and thats with all their players. As I said this will change as the season progresses.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 19, 2016, 11:57:32 am
Also look at the competion on the wins and how many games were affected by not having football players, or injuries. Ask Manila how many more wins they would have if they had Bradley Woodall for all the games. Charleston with all the players wouldnot lose to Booneville, Pottsville and the Lamar game would have been a toss up. Also anybody got any stats on Marshall, Valley Springs, or any suprise teams.
Great point there is no question Charleston and others will be much better when the football players are there for a couple of weeks.

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on December 19, 2016, 12:57:52 pm
Thanks Radio, all my info is off of MaxPreps.

Bigman, I hear you and thats why  I think Osceola and ECS should be higher than some but loses are loses none the less. Also, Charleston beat an 0-7 Cedarville team by what? 6? and thats with all their players. As I said this will change as the season progresses.

I don't think we will be able to fairly judge Charleston for another couple of weeks. They have a really tough schedule straight out of the gate with 3 games in the Coke Classic and two against Paris and Episcopal in the middle of January.

RTF

Exactly Dynasty, that top ten I posted will for sure change in a few weeks.

bobcats

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 19, 2016, 11:57:32 am

After watching the Marshall/Valley game friday night I would not place either of them in the top 10 right now.  They are both capable of playing well but seem to be missing something.  What about Riverside?  My friends over in NE Arkansas are high on them?  Maybe Head Lion or ISU7 could give us more information on Riverside.

biglion1985

I guess everybody will find out about riverside come playoff time don't ever doubt a buster campbell coached team

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: biglion1985 on December 19, 2016, 02:40:14 pm
I guess everybody will find out about riverside come playoff time don't ever doubt a buster campbell coached team
Who?

Head Lion

Riverside has UCA baseball signee Gavin Stone runs the team from guard. There are 3A guards as good, but I wouldn't trade him for a one of them. Two 6'3" jumping jacks in Sain & Milligan, that POUND the boards, Overman capable ball handler & good spot up shooter. Trying to think of the other starter. They can play with anyone in 3A.

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on December 19, 2016, 11:02:11 am
And our tallest kid was about 5'9 and a year or so before that we made a deep run in state. I've just been posting some scores not saying Mcgehee should be ranked. I'll leave the team pimping all to you.
Well to go 30-0 before Crest beat them the other teams players must have been 5'2" lol btw Crest star player was only. 5'9"

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on December 19, 2016, 04:46:38 pm
Riverside has UCA baseball signee Gavin Stone runs the team from guard. There are 3A guards as good, but I wouldn't trade him for a one of them. Two 6'3" jumping jacks in Sain & Milligan, that POUND the boards, Overman capable ball handler & good spot up shooter. Trying to think of the other starter. They can play with anyone in 3A.
And they are well coached. You have to play to beat them.

neds

870baller15

Why isn't Riverside on the Top 10 list?

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on December 08, 2016, 01:44:18 pm
without injuries, he knows we will have our whole team at the end of year. Noles are known to lose players because of bad decisions of the court.✌🏿️
And you're were right on with the statement about the Noles. They've lost a key player that I think will definitely hurt the team some.

Radiotalker

Quote from: ISU7 on December 23, 2016, 06:02:59 am
And you're were right on with the statement about the Noles. They've lost a key player that I think will definitely hurt the team some.
Quote from: ISU7 on December 23, 2016, 06:02:59 am

We gain two key players in January. Noles will be just fine. That one player was a cancer on the team. They will be better in the long run.

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 23, 2016, 07:03:23 am
We gain two key players in January. Noles will be just fine. That one player was a cancer on the team. They will be better in the long run.
So why wasn't the other two there from the start? 

BoxNOne

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 21, 2016, 11:28:22 am
Why isn't Riverside on the Top 10 list?

As a Riverside fan, I must say they are not a top ten team at this point. The Stone kid is a really good player but teams are double teaming him all the time at this point. The other players will have to pick it up for them to be top ten. However, with a player like Stone the Rebels are a very dangerous team on any given night.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 27, 2016, 08:35:23 am
As a Riverside fan, I must say they are not a top ten team at this point. The Stone kid is a really good player but teams are double teaming him all the time at this point. The other players will have to pick it up for them to be top ten. However, with a player like Stone the Rebels are a very dangerous team on any given night.
Nice to hear from a non-homer educated fan. Thanks for your input.

Hitman Warrior23

December 29, 2016, 11:21:26 pm #97 Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 09:21:12 am by Hitman Warrior23
Lamar lost their 2nd leading scorer 2 games ago quit  I dont know the real reason why, but hopefully, we (Lamar)  can get the gap filled and keep moving forward.

neds

December 30, 2016, 08:52:35 am #98 Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:27:41 pm by neds
Episcopal 69 - Earle 71  (boys)
Episcopal 57 - Ashdown 23 (boys)
Episcopal 42 - Harrison 58 (boys)

Tournament in Harrison

Lrbasketballguru

As an episcopal fan, they're a frustrating team to watch. They beat teams like hall then drop one against earle. There's so much talent on the team, they're just mentally not there. been in every game they've lost. Once they come to scary will be a very formidable squad.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas