• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fouke Basketball

Started by BigFoot, November 28, 2016, 08:18:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigFoot

How are the boys going to be this year? 5th coach in six years, I believe. Hasn't been any stability in the program. Any chance this one sticks around? And does anyone have any insight to why they have gone through so many coaches since James Smith left?

Wheres your Defense

BigFoot

Quote from: Wheres your Defense on December 01, 2016, 08:33:00 pm
Rice!!!!

Is he getting rid of the coach each year or just not hiring the right ones? I think there has even been a different assistant boys coach every year since McFerrin gave up coaching. Absolutely no stability at all. The kids deserve much better than that...

COACHemUP

yes its the 5th coach in 6 years. They play fast with good defensive speed on the perimeter. Weak inside game.  lost a 6'4 senior first practice with a broken ankle. Good group of talented senior athletes with 2-3 years as starters but there hasn't been any stability at the coaching position to have developed it. So, unless this new young coach is something special I expect Fouke to be competitive for most of the game then get out coached and the quality teams pull away... That may be my first negative outlook Fouke post lol.

WorkOrder

All they are worried about down there is football

pridgehog

Nick Sewell and the Fouke baseball team won a State title in the late 90s.

BigFoot

Wasn't the coach of North Heights from Fouke? Anyone know why he never applied for a job there? Fouke's coaches had words for him after the game. Even heard one call him an a$$hole. They got out of the press at the end of the 3rd and before a mercy rule. Not sure what the animosity was for.

WorkOrder

Quote from: BigFoot on December 15, 2016, 11:16:54 pm
Wasn't the coach of North Heights from Fouke? Anyone know why he never applied for a job there? Fouke's coaches had words for him after the game. Even heard one call him an a$$hole. They got out of the press at the end of the 3rd and before a mercy rule. Not sure what the animosity was for.

Yeah he's from Fouke. He has applied for a basketball position at Fouke numerous times and Rice won't hire him. Good guy and good coach. He spent numerous years at Fouke as a para pro thinking he would get a shot at the job and still hasn't. If I were him I would have pressed the whole game and beat them 100-0 if possible after the way they have done him.

BigFoot

December 16, 2016, 09:57:19 am #8 Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:34:21 pm by BigFoot
Quote from: WorkOrder on December 16, 2016, 09:10:45 am
Yeah he's from Fouke. He has applied for a basketball position at Fouke numerous times and Rice won't hire him. Good guy and good coach. He spent numerous years at Fouke as a para pro thinking he would get a shot at the job and still hasn't. If I were him I would have pressed the whole game and beat them 100-0 if possible after the way they have done him.

I thought he looked familiar. He's the one that the kids always talk about. They all love the guy. Didn't realize that was him, I guess. Heck, he should have ran it up even more. Must not have wanted to do it to the kids.

ReddieOrNot

Yes he is from Fouke. He is a very good coach and even better person. I have no clue why the panthers would keep passing him up for a basketball job especially since it's been a coaching carousel for basketball coaches in Fouke. He could have brought stability to a program that really needs it. As far as the Fouke coach not shaking hands and calling names there is no reason for any of that. The press was pulled back after the mercy rule. Fouke missed a good hire with this one I do believe.

BigFoot

January 03, 2017, 11:25:11 am #10 Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:27:01 am by BigFoot
It seems as if one of Fouke's players is running the team. Where did they get these coaches from? A lot of people are already tired of both guys. Especially the junior high head coach.

WorkOrder

Would probably help if they had a little support. They were both dressed in BLUE polo shirts on the bench at Prescott last night. I think the least Fouke could do is buy the guys some purple polos.

BigFoot

Hard to support someone who just sits on his butt the whole game and screams at and criticizes his players. Both of them do this. I even overheard the girls coach talking about how terrible they are as coaches and how he doesn't like them either.

KOJACK

And you wonder why y'all can't keep a coach... ::)

BigFoot

Quote from: KOJACK on January 05, 2017, 07:59:04 am
And you wonder why y'all can't keep a coach... ::)

Haven't been able to keep them for multiple reasons since James Smith left. Moseley was the best of the bunch. He brought out the best in the kids. But different coaches have been asked to resign or have been more or less forced out by Rice. I believe that 1 of them left on his own. The kids deserve better than what they are getting. There are kids who just play basketball that have had to run all class period during football season instead of working on basketball skills. The reasoning behind this seems to be to punish them for not playing football. James Smith actually had an offseason for his kids where they were able to get fundamental work in. Basketball has been an afterthought for a long time and the kids deserve better than that.

WorkOrder

Quote from: BigFoot on January 05, 2017, 07:53:54 am
Hard to support someone who just sits on his butt the whole game and screams at and criticizes his players. Both of them do this. I even overheard the girls coach talking about how terrible they are as coaches and how he doesn't like them either.

THAT'S REAL PROFESSIONAL OF THE GIRLS COACH TO SIT AROUND AND TALK ABOUT THEM.

COACHemUP

Quote from: BigFoot on January 05, 2017, 07:53:54 am

Agreed! The head coach is absolutely terrible.  How he talks to those kids even during games is unacceptable. 4 or 5 have already quit.  I was told most of the kids hate playing for him, and are only still playing because they just love basketball.  sad really, especially for the seniors.

COACHemUP

Quote from: BigFoot on January 03, 2017, 11:25:11 am
It seems as if one of Fouke's players is running the team. Where did they get these coaches from? A lot of people are already tired of both guys. Especially the junior high head coach.
Most people I've heard speak on the subject say they are done with them both. 

BigFoot

Quote from: COACHemUP on January 10, 2017, 03:31:21 pm
Most people I've heard speak on the subject say they are done with them both.

They need to get them out of here, ASAP! The Jr High coach just wanted an out and was quickly ejected about 2 minutes into the game tonight versus Ashdown! Multiple technical fouls were given in the varsity boys game. There was absolutely no discipline from the Fouke players. The coach had no ability to calm them down and get them under control, and they were leading at the half! They are absolutely terrible! There has been much more class shown from opposing teams this year than the Fouke Varsity boys and coaches have shown this year. Attitude is a reflection of leadership and those two need to go!

BigFoot

The boys played well Thursday night! Hopefully this gives them some confidence heading into these final weeks!

BigFoot

Let's all hope that there is a new Jr High coach next year. Season ended last night with a loss in the tournament. No reason the Scoggins kid should have been on the bench most of the season. And there is no reason that the two freshman guards on varsity should have been put in the position that they were. They are great kids and deserve better than that.

Rumpelstiltskin

Quote from: BigFoot on February 07, 2017, 03:27:57 pm
Let's all hope that there is a new Jr High coach next year. Season ended last night with a loss in the tournament. No reason the Scoggins kid should have been on the bench most of the season. And there is no reason that the two freshman guards on varsity should have been put in the position that they were. They are great kids and deserve better than that.

Are you really on here bashing Junior High basketball? lol...Does anybody even know who the Scoggins kid is?  if he shouldn't have been on the bench then why was he?

BigFoot

Quote from: Rumpelstiltskin on February 09, 2017, 11:30:56 pm
Are you really on here bashing Junior High basketball? lol...Does anybody even know who the Scoggins kid is?  if he shouldn't have been on the bench then why was he?

I am discussing Fouke basketball as the title shows. Jr High has been ignored long enough and it has carried over to varsity each year. You will have to ask the coach why he was on the bench. As for comments like your baseball one wondering why we are talking about Fouke, it's because that's our school. When you click on a Fouke thread expect Fouke discussion. If we don't meet your standards, move on to another thread. We support our kids.

NEADELTA

Y'all need James Smith back. A great coach and an even better person.

BigFoot

Quote from: NEADELTA on February 10, 2017, 06:00:18 pm
Y'all need James Smith back. A great coach and an even better person.

I completely agree!

Rumpelstiltskin

Quote from: BigFoot on February 10, 2017, 07:48:37 am
I am discussing Fouke basketball as the title shows. Jr High has been ignored long enough and it has carried over to varsity each year. You will have to ask the coach why he was on the bench. As for comments like your baseball one wondering why we are talking about Fouke, it's because that's our school. When you click on a Fouke thread expect Fouke discussion. If we don't meet your standards, move on to another thread. We support our kids.

No.  You haven't been discussing anything, you've been bashing the coach and the program the whole time. And the Junior High coach at that.  You must be a Junior High parent.  You can support your kids, but how about supporting your school and your coaches?  Where is YOUR teaching certificate?

BigFoot

When a coach has been downright awful to our kids, the kids come first. And the school is right there with them. It's that simple. This isn't about their ability as coaches so much as it's about how they handled the kids. I'm assuming that you have no ties to the team and haven't seen them play this year? Otherwise you would have seen two guys who degrade the kids and don't really care whether they win or they lose. Guys who make fun of the kids during the games. You really don't need a teaching certificate to know when ethical conduct is in question during and after games. This program needs someone like James Smith or a coach that will invest in the team and the school. You can't do anything with one or two year stopgaps. Please let me know when you find another school where they had 6 head coaches in 7 years AND the people were thrilled. It's been not only the head coach changing that much, but assistants as well. They need continuity. You want to call it bashing, it probably is. But with the way our kids were treated this year, oh well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas