• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LAMAR WARRIORS WILL BE A CONTENDER!

Started by Hitman Warrior23, September 30, 2016, 09:33:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolves8526

Do I see more excuses from Lamar fans about a loss? Shocker...

CoolBreeze

Quote from: tanman6334 on January 17, 2017, 10:08:31 pm
In the 2nd half the foul count was Lamar 14 Dardanelle 6.
I didn't see this game. So, I will not comment on the fairness of the officiating in it. However, an uneven foul count is not always an indication of bias. Sometimes, one team fouls a lot more than the other. This may be because of a more aggressive style of play--especially on defense. Or it might be because one team takes the ball to the basket while the other is content to shoot from outside.

In fact, I have seen numerous games in which the foul count was virtually even when the officiating was extremely one-sided, because one team (usually the one at home) committed many times more fouls, but the zebras just refused to blow their whistle.

NOTE: I am not saying that this happened in the game under discussion. What I am saying is that a 14-6 discrepancy in fouls called--in itself-- does not PROVE bias.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: CoolBreeze on January 18, 2017, 02:30:33 pm
I didn't see this game. So, I will not comment on the fairness of the officiating in it. However, an uneven foul count is not always an indication of bias. Sometimes, one team fouls a lot more than the other. This may be because of a more aggressive style of play--especially on defense. Or it might be because one team takes the ball to the basket while the other is content to shoot from outside.

In fact, I have seen numerous games in which the foul count was virtually even when the officiating was extremely one-sided, because one team (usually the one at home) committed many times more fouls, but the zebras just refused to blow their whistle.

NOTE: I am not saying that this happened in the game under discussion. What I am saying is that a 14-6 discrepancy in fouls called--in itself-- does not PROVE bias.

Reality is this Lamar should have won the game regardless, not having our center was HUGE!  Lamar lacks depth as everyone knows.  Lamar will be fine this year officiating helped Dardenelle however it was not the CAUSE of the loss!

The Dynasty

A perfect example of this was the game between Paris and Charleston Friday night. Charleston was 23/25 from the line while Paris was 5/10. Had to be home cooking right? Wrong. Paris had 17 fouls and Charleston had 14. Our fouls were going to the basket. That was the difference.

A lot of folks thought we got the short end of the stick last night against Ozark. I disagree. We were the better team and should've won the game regardless of how the refs called it. If that game was close enough for the refs to be a factor that's on the Tigers.

TheTruth2010

Is our Center coming back to the team or is he done? What is going on?

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on January 18, 2017, 03:23:00 pm
Is our Center coming back to the team or is he done? What is going on?

He is Back

TheTruth2010

Ok well that is good. We will definitely need him going forward.

xadboy

Was not making any excuses on the Dardanelle game. Yes the officiating was a huge contributing factor. But Lamar had opportunitys to win just didn't capitalize on them. We were very proud of the heart we showed in this game. Without Anderson playing, it gave Dardanelle a big advantage in the paint. This game will have helped our team in the long run.

Hitman Warrior23

cdelaney

Thank you! I have said this over and over, about football and basketball. Now, you may be at a game and see actual "bad calls" that might lead to fouls being uneven, but usually when there is a discrepancy it is based on style of play, or if a team is much better than the other (quicker, more athletic).
I have played in or watched probably 1000+ HS basketball games, and over 200 HS football games, and only a handful of times did I think the referees were biased. They will do some homer calls sometimes, and some places seem to be notorious for this, especially in FB (Barton?, Fouke?), but almost always the calls balance out.
If you have never tried to referee a basketball game, you should try it! This is the hardest sport to officiate, by far. I enjoy "correcting" the refs as much as anyone, but they have a very difficult job, and very rarely do the affect the outcome of a game.

TheTruth2010

Lamar didn't shoot a single free throw. Also they get us on 3 second calls but their guys were camped in the lane all night long. It's whatever we lost. This won't end our season. With Porter back we will be fine.

Hitman Warrior23

Hitman Warrior23

TheTruth2010

I didn't get to see it, but good job Warriors!

TheTruth2010

Dynasty has been real quiet lately. What's going on?

The Dynasty

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on January 24, 2017, 10:04:05 am
Dynasty has been real quiet lately. What's going on?

I've assumed the underdog role.

TheTruth2010

I see. That's ok, Lamar is an underdog every year. Even this year when we are better or as good as any team in 3a.

xadboy

The Dynasty

Quote from: xadboy on January 24, 2017, 03:47:50 pm
Dynasty, who do you play Friday night?

Cedarville tonight and Hackett Thursday. No game Friday.

xadboy

We're playing Dover Thursday. Thought about coming to watch y'all play Friday. Guess I'll have to find something else to do.

The Dynasty

Quote from: xadboy on January 24, 2017, 04:37:33 pm
We're playing Dover Thursday. Thought about coming to watch y'all play Friday. Guess I'll have to find something else to do.

I think most senior high teams are playing Thursday this week due to Beta club conference.

TheTruth2010

TheTruth2010

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on January 24, 2017, 08:30:32 pm
Lamar beats Atkins 104-55
Boys won 104-55 don't remember the girls score but Lamar girls won big too.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Lamar is a  contender. I finally got to see them against Atkins tonight. I have seen Booneville, Chuck, Paris, and now Lamar, and the Warriors are easily the class of that group. Not that they would win every time, but most of the time.

However, the best team I have seen this year are the Lamar girls. They are IMPRESSIVE!

Hitman Warrior23

THANK YOU! They started off a bit sloppy but kicked it in quickly!

Head Lion

Hitman what region does Lamar play in 1 or 2?

Hitman Warrior23

Chunkyator99

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 24, 2017, 12:30:48 pm
I've assumed the underdog role.
You didn't assume the underdog role until Charleston was ranked 23rd in 3A.. bud

Chunkyator99

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on September 30, 2016, 09:33:22 pm
I really believe Lamar Boys has to be in the talk for a state title this year.  They are Stacked shooters and size.   EVERYONE LOOK OUT FOR THEM!
I agree Hitman. If they play together, it's over with. Go ahead and get the ring sizes

KingFootball

Easy there young fella, don't go getting crazy.  Who do you think you are??? Charleston.....this team will choke come tourney time. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Chunkyator99 on January 25, 2017, 09:25:48 am
I agree Hitman. If they play together, it's over with. Go ahead and get the ring sizes

That's a death sentence right there!

TheTruth2010

Quote from: KingFootball on January 25, 2017, 10:05:00 am
Easy there young fella, don't go getting crazy.  Who do you think you are??? Charleston.....this team will choke come tourney time.
I guess we will have to just wait and see. I highly doubt it though.

Hitman Warrior23

Ill say this I know Atkins was over matched last night but our Ball Movement was the best id see all year, our in and out game was ON if we can move the ball like that in the future and less dribbling we CAN be the talk of the state here soon!

OLDSCHOOL82

The best time to be the talk of the state is after you win state. 

OOps

I have seen Atkins play. They are bad. You should be able to throw it wherever you want to against them. Was it necessary to run the score up and score 104 on a bad team? It is hard to root for a team that would do that not to mention the fact they're doing it with only 1 Lamar kid lol

TheTruth2010

Quote from: OOps on January 25, 2017, 10:39:05 am
I have seen Atkins play. They are bad. You should be able to throw it wherever you want to against them. Was it necessary to run the score up and score 104 on a bad team? It is hard to root for a team that would do that not to mention the fact they're doing it with only 1 Lamar kid lol
The bad posts just keep coming. They are all Lamar kids. Anytime a team has some sort of success you look for something to bring them down. Let us Lamar fans and players have our time. Running the score up? We're you there? We were taking starters out by 3rd quarter. So when the players that don't get to play that often get a chance to play, of course they will try to score points. Oh and not to mention Atkins didn't even pull their starters until like 4-5 minutes left in the game.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 25, 2017, 10:36:03 am
The best time to be the talk of the state is after you win state.

And like i said if we can move the ball good and play like we did we CAN be talk of the state.

So yes I agree

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on January 24, 2017, 09:55:22 pm
Lamar is a  contender. I finally got to see them against Atkins tonight. I have seen Booneville, Chuck, Paris, and now Lamar, and the Warriors are easily the class of that group. Not that they would win every time, but most of the time.

The player that impressed me most on the Lamar boys is #1. He is not flashy, not spectacular, in fact, he almost disappears at times - and then you look up and he is in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. Just a good basketball player.

TheTruth2010

Yes he is a great player. Big part of this teams sucess no doubt. #1 Christian Beeman.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on January 25, 2017, 11:34:07 am
Yes he is a great player. Big part of this teams sucess no doubt. #1 Christian Beeman.

Last night Christian Beeman 29 points
Porter Anderson 26 points

Hitman Warrior23

This past Tuesday and this Thursday games does not help us Get ready for Pottsville and Clinton by any means.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on January 25, 2017, 11:38:23 am
Last night Christian Beeman 29 points
Porter Anderson 26 points
How many point did Brayden end up with? He came in and put in some good minutes!

SBaller

am I the only one who would love to see a subi vs lamar matchup?
seems like they're the best two teams around here

TheTruth2010

Subi doesn't want a Lamar Subi matchup.

SBaller

TheTruth2010

SackAttack

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on January 25, 2017, 10:31:11 am
Ill say this I know Atkins was over matched last night but our Ball Movement was the best id see all year, our in and out game was ON if we can move the ball like that in the future and less dribbling we CAN be the talk of the state here soon!
Only if Freddy Lee says so!! Got to get clearance on that from the bleachers first. As far as ordering rings sizes always remember and never forget that Kyzer is your coach and things tend to get a little hazy during crunch time. Just sayin

SBaller

subiaco also plays better competition earlier in the year

i believe i've heard they're on a 7 game win streak

SBaller

KingFootball

Much like Charleston being the preseason pick to win it all, they have shown they are a one man team and won't last long in the tourney.   Lamar will crumble when the going gets tough.  It's easy to say you're the king of the world when you are thumping bad teams.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas