• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks for the Memories #12...

Started by MA, March 08, 2016, 07:14:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MA

Austin Reaves has been the center piece for A TON of debate this season. People claiming he isn't good enough, others begging Mike Anderson to take a chance. People questioning his strength, athleticism, Grades, ACT, you name it. He has probably been the most talked about player in the state this season which is saying something considering most people believe Malik Monk is the best player to ever come through Arkansas. But with all of the question marks surrounding Austin in the media and Social media alike, he just went out there and did his thing. And he did it his way.

If you haven't had the chance to meet Austin you're missing out on one of the great young men I have ever been around. He's humble, great with kids and a hard worker. I did not know Austin prior to last April but in the last year he has become like a little brother to me. He trusted me from the second we met to help him get his name out and from literally that second we took off on a pretty crazy adventure. We drove all over the country going to camps and visits. We saw Purdue, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and everywhere in between. Obviously we built a pretty good relationship burning up all of those miles. It eventually landed us in Wichita, Kansas and after a couple of days in that program he knew, and I knew that he knew, he was home. Wichita St is the perfect place for Austin Reaves.

If you haven't had the chance to see Austin play you have one more shot. Vs a very good Charleston team at 2:30 on Saturday. Win or lose Austin has taken this whole state on a wild ride. Nobody has ever played harder, smarter, or with more passion than Austin Reaves. Whether you root for him or not, he deserves a big applause when he steps off the floor for the last time in Arkansas.

Thanks for the Memories #12

neds

I'm officially impressed. Congratulations, I know it was a gift to be a part of the process

brown2010

glad to be apart of him coached all 4 in baseball back when they were 9-12 and watched them last 4 yrs. hope these finish there mission but win or lose they are winners. great record last 4 yrs, great teammates and 1 great coach. getter done team

Ctucker

Awsome read and u are exactly right! I have talked with him and spencer and also the Crabtree boys after games and they were yes sir and no sir to every question.These boys parents have raised good citizens as well as ball players!

Radiotalker

Thanks for sharing ......he reminds me of Pistol Pete.

Ned_Flanders

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 09, 2016, 08:42:46 am
Thanks for sharing ......he reminds me of Pistol Pete.

He is reminding me of Michael freakin Jordan the way you people talk about him.   Geezzz. Give it up already.   I'm sure he is good but dang!!!   That's all we have read about ALL YEAR LONG! 

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on March 09, 2016, 09:15:16 am
He is reminding me of Michael freakin Jordan the way you people talk about him.   Geezzz. Give it up already.   I'm sure he is good but dang!!!   That's all we have read about ALL YEAR LONG!

The best team in 3A and one of the best players in the state will probably get mentioned a lot....get over it.

BigMan15

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on March 09, 2016, 09:15:16 am
Come on man you got to at least show some respect. This actually makes me mad that if someone does something great in Arkansas in sports he always going to be talked about in a negative way. He is good and hes going to a great program!! This kid has earned his success by working hard! Congrats to you Austin even if Im from Charleston I will still hope this young goes far in life. I will follow this kid through college and hope that he has a wonderful career!! All the people that was worked with him over the years kudos to yall.

MA

Brandon will have a shot! Believe that!

ReddieKnightTrojan

mtindian42

He is a great high school basketball player... Tip my hat.

ISU7

fbisgreat

He is a great high school player.Is the gym CR plays in the old Newark gym.

Batman44

I can't say enough good things about the Reaves and Crabtree boys!! As I have mentioned to others, I have watched a TON of games in my lifetime. Other than when our son was playing, I can honestly say that I have enjoyed watching them more than any other team I can think of. Regardless of the outcome against Charleston, and I'm expecting a very good game, this group, and Austin, was special .

Ctucker

They don't play in the old Newark gym the gym they play in was built around 87 I think but it was way before its time it's still one of nicest gyms in the state.

Ctucker

Of course that be old gym to some but the old gym I played in Newark would fit in the lobby of the one they play in.

Batman44

Quote from: Ctucker on March 09, 2016, 05:35:02 pm
Of course that be old gym to some but the old gym I played in Newark would fit in the lobby of the one they play in.

I probably played against you😀

beach bum

March 09, 2016, 05:48:09 pm #17 Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:53:54 pm by beach bum
I finally in the last month actually took time to watch tape on this kid as I have been out of the area. The one thing that stood out to me is one of the things people are saying negatively about him is actually a positive when they say "oh he is too skinny or not strong enough to succeed in college". What I noticed is this kid is not like a lot of kids that flourish in high school that obviously matured way before their age group of kids. One thing that stood out to me is Austin looks so young still and has so much to grow into as far as putting strength and athleticism into his game as he begins to mature even more over the next 4 years. He has more room to grow into his body than most kids. To me this puts MASSIVE UPSIDE into his game. As he puts more muscle mass on and strength in his game I foresee him being the exact type of player that dominates in the Missouri Valley. Do not be shocked if 3 years from now we are hearing this kids name nationally during March Madness. This kid will succeed at the college level. I am fairly confident in that and good luck to him. I am always rooting for these small town kids from Arkansas no matter where they choose to go.

sportsguy80

I haven't seen him since he was a young pup(last championship team) a couple of years ago. I started to question all the hype because some said he was better than big brother but his play has met expectations and some. I look forward in seeing the Cedar Ridge family on Saturday!

ReddieKnightTrojan

Everyone's a fan until their team plays against him...then everyone gains a new respect for him.

hawgsroll

Did you see him push off on that one kid?  He gets all the calls!!   Ha. Just kidding.   He really is a great player.   We played against them when he was a 9th grader and that team was GREAT.   He was young and cocky, but played point guard and took care of the ball extremely well.  That was impressive.   I have only seen him play a couple times since that first time but I have always thought he played extremely smart and was able to avoid foul #5 at any cost.   That decision paid off most of the time because he was able to pull them through for a win (along with some pretty good teammates I might add)...He did not seem to be selfish with the ball but he knew that he was the one that needed to score most of the time...He has grown and has done some amazing things in his career.  But I guess I would have to say the most amazing thing for me was how he just kept on playing last year or whenever it was when he was having shoulder problems with it popping out of place.  His shoulder would pop out of place, he would go over, pop it back in and then go right back to work.   It takes a lot of perseverance to go thru that and keep coming back.   But he did and he has had an amazing year this year and I hope they win it all...  I will look forward to following his career at Wichita State and hope he has lots of success.   

Ctucker

Big write up on reaves in the paper today if anybody is interested.

Batman44

First thing I read this morning!!!! Go Wolves!

WhiteRiverMonster

Quote from: Ctucker on March 12, 2016, 06:00:20 am
Big write up on reaves in the paper today if anybody is interested.

ADG?

WhiteRiverMonster

Austin is a great kid. I'm by no means playing down the challenge that they will face today, I know that Charleston will not be an easy team to beat so I mean no disrespect by any of these comments or ones I've made in the past. But. I hate when people downplay his value because he plays at a small school. He plays at the school that he lives in the district. You can't hate a guy for that. And if you get a chance to watch him play today I highly encourage it, and if you get the chance to meet him ever, I encourage it even more. I've only missed a handful of his games since freshman year and only a handful more from his junior high days. I consider it one of the bigger blessings in my life that I've got to watch him play as much as I have. I hope that if I have sons one day they can be half the men that AReaves, SReaves or either Crabtree are, even if mine never touch a court. So thanks to anyone who has poured in the support for the sets of brothers over the last few years. For our small town it's been really something special.

mtindian42

Who cares what the nay Sayers say...

Reaves can play at any level. He is very well versed in the game of basketball...

Pepole on here wine about how many free throws he gets... He is so versed in the game he knows all game situations. And what is called for to help his team at that time.

The thing I was most impressed with watching him is this: he is hard to rattle... He stays with in his own abilitys...very tough competitor!

But the number one thing I see out of him is: court awareness. He knows where all his teammates or at all times...

Good luck to both teams and bring it home 12. Aka pistol

NEark tigers

Win it for NORTHEAST ARKANSAS!!!

-Bulldog Nation of Earle

brown2010

he  can now telleveryone  IM THE MAN IM THE MAN IM THE MAN NOBODY SYOPPED HIM ALL YEAR. GREAT JOB CADE CRABTREE.
KAIEGON ZACK ETHAN AND THE REST EXCELLENT.

COACH MIDDLEBROOKS AWESOME 4 YEARS WATCHING YOU COACH. HOPE YOUR GREAT COACHING CONTINUES WHEREVER YOU GO NEXT

Batman44

Forest City just won the 5A State Championship. The VERY same team that Cedar Ridge beat, and Austin dropped 73 points on them!!!

Ctucker

He could Brown, but I think he is to humble but that's a good thing!

Paperman

Great group of young men! Going to be rough on them next season though!

Ctucker

Seen were Austin broke scoring record for a state tournament 170 something wow!Pretty sure paper said old record was 140 something.

Batman44

Shockers gain is Hogs loss. Glad he's going to Wichita. Better program. Better coach.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Batman44 on March 15, 2016, 06:46:00 pm
Shockers gain is Hogs loss. Glad he's going to Wichita. Better program. Better coach.
I agree 1000%, look how they rolled Arizona last night....he'll fit in perfectly.

WhiteRiverMonster

The new ASU coach sure came in with some bold statements. Think he knew what he missed out on. He acted like he's going to do a better job recruiting locally (among other things)
Gonna be interesting to see shifts in the program there if he's as big as his talk.

Moonshiner

Quote from: WhiteRiverMonster on March 18, 2016, 01:03:09 pm
The new ASU coach sure came in with some bold statements. Think he knew what he missed out on. He acted like he's going to do a better job recruiting locally (among other things)
Gonna be interesting to see shifts in the program there if he's as big as his talk.

I'd think UALR could've used an Austin Reaves type of scorer last night.  I know they won, but that game should never have gone to a 2nd overtime.

TheSpecial

First Regular Season game for Witchita State vs. South Carolina State, Shockers win 85-39
Austin Reaves
6 points
3 rebounds
3 steals
1 block
1 assist
in 11 minutes
I know the numbers are not outrageous, but great to see he's at least seeing the floor, especially as a freshman.

OB11

Quote from: TheSpecial on November 13, 2016, 07:02:05 pm
First Regular Season game for Witchita State vs. South Carolina State, Shockers win 85-39
Austin Reaves
6 points
3 rebounds
3 steals
1 block
1 assist
in 11 minutes
I know the numbers are not outrageous, but great to see he's at least seeing the floor, especially as a freshman.

He's getting some minutes in their game tonight as well. 

Ctucker

He scored 10 on 4 of 5 shooting in second game!

Longfellow

Always cheer for the shockers come tournament time. Always like the smaller schools taking down the big boys. Glad to see an Arkansas kid making an impact early in his career

SackAttack

Couldnt be happier for this kid. Arkansas"s loss is the Shockers gain. Anderson will regret this one day.

LHHC

Had 15 pts in 15 min today.  Anderson is a dope for passing on this kid. 

Missco

ASU is the place that screwed up big time. He wanted  to go their. Brady was worthless.

Bigleague

Can't wait to watch this kid Wednesday vs LSU

OB11

Quote from: Missco on November 20, 2016, 05:22:09 pm
ASU is the place that screwed up big time. He wanted  to go their. Brady was worthless.

Yep...Brady wasn't even trying to leave ASU with anything to work with.  I think the new coach is a really good one though.  Has things on the right track from the looks of it.

MA

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SackAttack on November 19, 2016, 09:25:20 am
Couldnt be happier for this kid. Arkansas"s loss is the Shockers gain. Anderson will regret this one day.
If he can't touch the rim with his chest, run like the wind and shoot no better than 60% from the line we don't want him at Arkansas.

Longfellow

Quote from: Oldman on November 22, 2016, 07:46:48 am
If he can't touch the rim with his chest, run like the wind and shoot no better than 60% from the line we don't want him at Arkansas.
Bingo

BoxNOne

This appears to be exactly right, Oldman!

TheSpecial

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas