• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ATU Stadium Construction

Started by RHS, April 14, 2006, 03:02:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RHS

Haven't exactly been on campus much since I took this semester off, but I have noticed over the past 4 days or so they have been tearing the old press box down. Maybe Jeremy, or someone else who has been by there, can give us a little more on what's going on, if there is something else happening that I haven't seen.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: RHS on April 14, 2006, 03:02:37 am
Haven't exactly been on campus much since I took this semester off, but I have noticed over the past 4 days or so they have been tearing the old press box down. Maybe Jeremy, or someone else who has been by there, can give us a little more on what's going on, if there is something else happening that I haven't seen.

They currently have el paso blocked off both directions.  They took down all the trees in and around the stadium and took out all the stuff under the stadium (for the most part).... now they are disassembling the press box.  Not much more to it than that... i'm still awaiting news on the softball complex, as they have had trouble getting the clearance do to the flooding possibilities.

RHS

Quotei'm still awaiting news on the softball complex, as they have had trouble getting the clearance do to the flooding possibilities.

Thanks for the news on that. Was wondering why it was taking them a while to do anything with it. It's looked pretty much the same as last semester (when I was in school).

cardinal-qb-14

The pressbox is almost taken down.  It should be completely removed within the next few days.  I know the scrimmages are being held at Buerkle so Im sure nothing big will be done until after the Senior Bowl on April 25.  Im not 100% sure what they are doing with the home bleachers. Rumors are flying around that the dorm (Baswell Hall) will be built around the already existing bleachers, and then others say that the home bleachers will be moved to the other side, and new bleachers will be constructed, with the current visitor bleachers being moved to the end zone to hold the band and whoever else

tcockerham

The picture I saw had the bleachers butting up to Baswell Hall.  And I think they are increasing the visitor stands a little.  But plans change, I hope the football players get first dips on the rooms in Baswell.

RHS

The press box has been down for a day now. Noticed it was all gone yesterday when I went to work.

atrainer

Not to totally change the subject, but what is SAU doing to their field ??? Was on campus this week and the field was gone, just one big sandlot. Are they getting turf or what ???

Rulesman

Turf. It's been discussed in other threads.

atrainer

neafbfan

Ahhhhhh yes ,ATU. Back in the late 70s and early 80s it was a struggle under Anderson and Sevier and UCA was a grwoing little monster then too. Now,'it's fully grow!. Whos the AD nowadays? I didn't play FB,just BB for a semester when we were in BRown Hall. The Hull buidling and Stroupe were the athletes hangout,except for teh GOlden Suns who literally ruled the VB courts and Tucker Coliseum.

UCA may be making a costly move like ASU did 20 some odd years ago. I think Brown and the institution are wise to stay where they are,but the old AIC just made sense. I still have a hard time w/ the GSC thingy.Y' know.

arreferee

Quote from: neafbfan on July 08, 2006, 04:17:42 am
UCA may be making a costly move like ASU did 20 some odd years ago. I think Brown and the institution are wise to stay where they are,but the old AIC just made sense. I still have a hard time w/ the GSC thingy.Y' know.

ASU's move to D1-AA was, arguably, a very good move.  They were successful at that level.  The move to D1 on the other hand... 

I've heard the following statement from a reliable source who worked in the ADs office at ASU 10-12 years ago:

"I would rather go 0-10 in D1 than 10-0 in D1-AA.  At least in D1, we can pay our bills."

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas