• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Arkansas Tech Schedule Released...

Started by cardinal-qb-14, April 13, 2006, 12:51:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cardinal-qb-14

April 13, 2006, 12:51:35 pm Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:57:26 pm by atu_wboy04
Aug. 31     NORTHEASTERN STATE      Cyclone Stadium    7 p.m.   
Sept. 9      @ Texas College              Tyler, Texas          7 p.m.   
Sept. 16    * WEST GEORGIA             Cyclone Stadium    6 p.m.   
Sept. 23    * @ Valdosta State          Valdosta, Ga.        12 p.m.   
Sept. 30    * @ North Alabama          Florence, Ala.        6 p.m.   
Oct. 7        * DELTA STATE (HC)       Cyclone Stadium    3 p.m.   
Oct. 14      * HENDERSON STATE       Cyclone Stadium    1 p.m.   
Oct. 21      * @ Ouachita Baptist       Arkadelphia, Ark.   1:30 p.m.   
Oct. 28      * @ Southern Arkansas    Magnolia, Ark.        2 p.m.   
Nov. 4       * HARDING (Senior Day)    Cyclone Stadium    1 p.m.   

* Denotes Gulf South Conference Games
All Times are Central Time and subject to change
Bold/CAPS Denotes Home Game
All home games in 2006 will be held at Russellville High School's Cyclone Stadium

SouthpawSensation

I have only three more words to say about going on the road to play an NAIA school -- WHAT A JOKE!

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 13, 2006, 03:30:57 pm
I have only three more words to say about going on the road to play an NAIA school -- WHAT A JOKE!

I have very little words to respond to your post.

What school do you support?.... Exactly, take a seat.

Cabotfan

Sounds like good timing since they don't have a home stadium to play in anyway.

SouthpawSensation

If that was your best way of responding, Jeremy, then I wouldn't have even tried. That was as hopeless as a three-point shot at the buzzer, and you were trailing by five points.
Tech could have easily picked up a NCAA Division II school such as Midwestern State, which was willing to do the same thing that this Texas College is doing. What Tech is doing is the same thing as having the Razorbacks going and playing UAPB at Pine Bluff or UCA in Conway. To me, that is disgraceful and shouldn't be done by a team that, just two years ago, was in the NCAA Division II playoffs.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Jeremy2653 on April 13, 2006, 05:33:11 pm

I have very little words to respond to your post.

What school do you support?.... Exactly, take a seat.

Jeremy, he actually used to support ATU a lot. Of course, that was before the joke they have running the athletic programs now.

done

Midwestern state turned 'em down.  They were scared to play TECH.  Didn't want the loss.
You should check your facts before you go spewing crap.....

It's fun to read all the bitchin about TECH....they must be doing something right to get people all in a tizzy. 

Still, who cares about where they play, a win will be a win....and next year, it'll be a home game.  Big deal....get over it.

done

PAUL QUINN   NAIA  a 2006 Henderson opponent
AUGUSTANA    DIV. III a 2006 UCA opponent
WEST VIRGINIA TECH  NAIA a 2006 Delta State opponent
EAST TEXAS BAPTIST DIV III a 2005 Ouachita opponent

Amazing. 

TECH is not the only team looking for an easy victory, they are however, the only team with no home stadium next year.  Who cares if they win it in Russellville or Texas, a win's a win and a home game in 2007 in that new stadium will be awfully sweet.

Go somewhere else and moron.... :-*

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: done on April 14, 2006, 10:06:36 pm
PAUL QUINN NAIA a 2006 Henderson opponent
AUGUSTANA DIV. III a 2006 UCA opponent
WEST VIRGINIA TECH NAIA a 2006 Delta State opponent
EAST TEXAS BAPTIST DIV III a 2005 Ouachita opponent

Amazing.

TECH is not the only team looking for an easy victory, they are however, the only team with no home stadium next year. Who cares if they win it in Russellville or Texas, a win's a win and a home game in 2007 in that new stadium will be awfully sweet.

Go somewhere else and moron.... :-*

Good job... i was gone and you got to it before i did!

cardinal-qb-14

I dont understand what the big fuss is about.  Even if you play a cupcake non conference schedule, the GSC is difficult enough that if you run the table, you are certain of a playoff bid, and even a high seed at that.  It doesnt matter who lines up in front of you.  A touchdown is still worth 6 points, a field goal worth 3 and an extra point 1. I even believe safeties are worth 2 points against NAIA schools as well. My point is, it doesnt matter who you play. As long as you are ready to go come conference time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas