• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Tech Signees

Started by wildtechcat, February 01, 2006, 06:49:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tcockerham

I thought Campbell was very good WHEN he was on.  He was just a little sporatic and inconsistent in his play.  I thought he had above average talent.  I hope the coaches will throw the play book out the window and play to the strengths of the team.  Can you imagine having Ray and Barthell in the backfield and all the options you would have.  Talk about a double option threat!  Ray could come out of the backfield as a receiver OR end around option pass.  He has the speed and illusiveness.  I guess the question is how strong will our receiving core be and how consistent will the line play.  I can see Tech this year definitely going to the play offs!

wawa111

I think the best additon by far is COLE BARTHEL...heard from pretty good sources that he is going to be a stud next year...I see a GSC player of the year in his future...does Vegas have  line on it...i would be willing to put some money down.

cardinal-qb-14

whoaa slow down here...haha. lets not start predicting GSC player of the year and playoffs yet. We dont even know who the starter is goin to be or how either will do in a season, seeing as neither have completed a collegiate one yet.  Lets take it one step at a time beginning with game 1, whoever that may be. But yes, Cole Barthel is definitely a huge addition to our team, not to mention the rest of our recruits. Don't forget about some of those high school guys that can step in and contribute immediately.

wawa111

I don't care...he is a Big time D1 recruit. could have went just about anywhere he wanted out of high school...who said anything about play offs...alread was player of the year and UAM never sniffed the play offs...write it down and take a picture COLE BATHEL will be GSC player of the year!

tcockerham

Pretty confident there WAWA!  Way to go.  I agree with taking it one game at a time.  Gotta win the first to win them ALL.  Go TECH!

pantherdad

Should be a very good year tod the Wonder Boys.  Heard that they also got a running back from UT (Texas) that played fullback for them and Josh Brown from Benton transferred from Henderson State.

RHS

The RB went somewhere else is what I heard.

CIA

He was there 3 weeks ago because I saw him in the hall  and asked who he was.  Ill find out tonight if he is still there.

RHS

cardinal-qb-14

The RB from Texas has transferred to a Junior College in California. According to coaches he has scholarship offers from UCLA if he attends this JC for a year. Cant really blame him for moving up to D1 from here. From what I saw in his short period here, the guy was pretty solid, but he lacked work ethic. Not really a good attitude to go along with all that talent

CIA

Confirming same.  He is gone.  He was a big boy but I too understand he was lazy.  Kids that swap schools as fast as he has (on his 3rd in less than a year) usually bring baggage. 
Basically Tech never had him so no loss.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: CIA on February 18, 2006, 10:36:16 amKids that swap schools as fast as he has (on his 3rd in less than a year) usually bring baggage. 

Gary Brashears comes to mind.

heathwaldrop

Nobody has talked about Waldrop. Let's hear about him.

As for Pickett, I think his height kept him from going to D-I. He can't play anything other than linebacker, so he couldn't have signed and then been moved to another position. He's the best one I've seen in at least five years.

tcockerham

Goodbye Cedric Kearsh(sp).  I heard he was going to be a stud for Tech but he is lost again!  Man, how can kids get so messed up and do such stupid things?  Was Butler any good?

CIA

More info please on Cursh and why did you mention Butler?  I know they have both been in offseason.

tcockerham

Accordidng to the article in the Gazette Cursh is going to testify against him that he was involved with the theft.  At least that is how I read it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas