• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks Week 4

Started by stuck in between, September 18, 2018, 07:57:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

September 18, 2018, 07:57:26 pm Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:54:13 am by stuck in between
The 7-2A finished non-conference play with a record of 14-10 and a .583 winning percentage. A few things have came to light during this season's first three weeks.
Last year's conference champion may be low on numbers, but has proved to be tough as ever going 3-0 and out scoring their competition 82-13.
The conference runner up and eventual State Champion Foreman has not looked quite up to par after a poor showing against Smackover, and a sloppy 34-0 win over Horatio. However, with the help of a forfeit the Gators are still sitting at 2-0.
Mineral Springs is off to their best start in recent history and got a impressive 35-0 win over England last week to improve their unblemished 3-0 record and is set to shake some things up this year in the 7-2A.
Gurdon returns home and looks to be ready to lay claim to a playoff spot as well as they finished the non-conference season at 2-1 with a hard fought win over Bearden last week. Falling only to class 4-A Haskell Harmony Grove
Spring Hill 1-1 did not fair too well against the heavily favorite Conway Christian, but was able to even their record with a confidence boosting 16-6 win at Genoa Central before the start of conference play.
Murfreesboro 1-2 broke a 12 game losing streak the second week of the season when they beat class 3-A Horatio 24-14. Success was short lived however as they let Poyen hang 60 on them last Friday. It does look like the Rattlers are heading in the right direction.
Lafayette County 0-3 the Cougars have not represented the conference well having been held scoreless in two of their three losses. Things will probably not improve much for them as conference play begins.
Dierks 0-3 much like Lafayette the Outlaws suffered a dismal non conference season being out scored 131-35. The last spot in the conference might be decided when the Outlaws and Cougars meet up.

Dierks @ Gurdon - The Go-Devils win big. Clock runs in the 2nd quarter. Devils by 35.

Lafayette County @ Murfreesboro - This will be a good measuring stick for the Rattlers. Neither team is likely to be challenging for the top spot, but we will see if Murfreesboro can create some distance between themselves and the lower teams. I'm going with the snakes by 7.

Foreman @ Spring Hill - The Gators have yet to fire on all cylinders this year, but even if Foreman is spitting and sputtering a little they are better than most. The Bears are coming off a good win for their program beating Genoa by 10. The Gators will be too much for Spring Hill to handle. I'll take Foreman by 26

Mineral Springs @ Mount Ida - The pecking order in the conference should begin to identify itself when these two take the field Friday. The Hornets are averaging 27.6 ppg while giving up only 4. The Lions are averaging 27.3 ppg and giving up 4.3. It will be a classic case of speed and agility vs. strength and discipline. M.S. may come out with the win, but I can't pick against Ida. I'm going with the Lions at home by 7.

Redzone

It's week 4 man haha but I do agree with all these predictions! Looks good to me.

Eslim03

stuck in between

September 18, 2018, 10:44:37 pm #3 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:48:29 pm by stuck in between
Quote from: Redzone link=topic=156817.

Sorry. The week 0 thing has me confused.

godgiven999

COACH-Mike

Well lets just say I hope not.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas