• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City vs Haynesville, La

Started by Hvillefan, September 09, 2018, 04:06:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Junction 0
Haynesville 7

11:17 left in the second

bleudog

Junction 0
Haynesville 13

9:52 left in the second

GT capitalized on a Dragon fumble

bleudog

Junction 0
Haynesville 21

0:11 left in the second

GT capitalized on a Dragon fumble

bleudog

September 14, 2018, 08:55:31 pm #53 Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:13:00 pm by bleudog
Junction 0
Haynesville 27

10:03 left in the third

bleudog

Junction 0
Haynesville 33

4:59 left in the third

Lightening delay

thabeast428

Game called due to lighting jc-0 haynesville-33 final

Redzone

I expected JC to do a little better. Been a long time since JC went scoreless.

cuz

Quote from: Redzone on September 14, 2018, 10:32:54 pm
I expected JC to do a little better. Been a long time since JC went scoreless.
I hate to say it but was about what I expected, sure was wanting a different outcome. Congratulations Haynesville good game....

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

So JC fixed the crown on the field?? Why?  That was a strategic advantage of Dragon Field.  Heck, when you can stand on one sideline and not see the other team on their sideline, you don't know who's coming in the game or going out :)

Hvillefan

Junction City played hard tonight and were a very physical team. Big up front and RB's run hard. They fumbled at least 3 times in the 1st half with Haynesville capitalizing on the turnovers. If they can correct the mistakes they will still have a productive season. They could not block DT Joseph Evans. He lived in Junction's backfield all night, just like he has done the past 2 weeks. On defense, they struggled big time stopping our sweeps to the outside, but shut down our trap game up the middle. Game was called midway through the 3rd due to lightning. I was glad to see us return the favor from the beat down JC put on us last year. Like I said before, if JC can clean up the turnovers they will have a good year. Good luck to the Dragons the rest of the way!

bleudog

Congratulations to Haynesville.  They were definitely the better team tonight.  Three fumbles and and interception didn't help the Dragon cause. 

On to district.

mastermind10

Dragons definitely have some room for improvements in a lot of areas. But with all the "if's" and "but's" that are directly related to turnovers, there is still great potential for this squad. Haynesville has some really talented kids. They did not just steamroll through JC. The won by causing breaks, taking advantage of opportunities, and out working the dragons. Dragon's season far from over. 

WHITEchicken

This games is just going to get JC ready for another state championship. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way.

Monsta

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 15, 2018, 07:52:35 am
This games is just going to get JC ready for another state championship. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way.
I'm a true jc fan but I honestly laughed at that statement, the boys in purple will be sitting at home for thanksgiving, REMEMBER THIS

DaCajn

It turns out there wasn't even rain, hate the game had to be called. Wishing yall a good year. Hope to see you all next year.

Can someone post a link to the article that is written about your games every week?

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Monsta on September 15, 2018, 08:07:11 am
I'm a true jc fan but I honestly laughed at that statement, the boys in purple will be sitting at home for thanksgiving, REMEMBER THIS

I wouldn't bank on that... 2a isn't filled with world beaters

DaCajn

I agree, Juction is a good team. We had a good night and they didn't. That is called football.

Hvillefan

Quote from: mastermind10 on September 15, 2018, 06:48:57 am
Dragons definitely have some room for improvements in a lot of areas. But with all the "if's" and "but's" that are directly related to turnovers, there is still great potential for this squad. Haynesville has some really talented kids. They did not just steamroll through JC. The won by causing breaks, taking advantage of opportunities, and out working the dragons. Dragon's season far from over.

Yeah I thought JC matched us athlete for athlete pretty well. I thought we had a better night upfront. JC struggled with our DL all night and when they did break through our LBers did a good job of making the stop. Fumbles absolutely killed drives for JC they need to get that corrected and they will still have a productive season. They have the size and athletes for sure.

thabeast428

September 15, 2018, 02:25:00 pm #68 Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:47:04 pm by thabeast428
Unfortunately we struggle with all d lines lol but definitely y'all's defense. We gotta work on offense,defense oh and special teams... maybe a lil coaching too wouldn't hurt. I mean I know we have a young team but the kid has a arm throw the ball. But good luck to yall all the way to the championship game bc y'all definitely got a good team

WHITEchicken

I don't see JC solving the turnover problem. They have had that problem for the last 5 years. The recipe for beating jc is actually pretty simple if you can execute it. Make them drive the field on you (they will fumble). Don't turn the ball over.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 15, 2018, 03:53:22 pm
I don't see JC solving the turnover problem. They have had that problem for the last 5 years. The recipe for beating jc is actually pretty simple if you can execute it. Make them drive the field on you (they will fumble). Don't turn the ball over.

Last 5 years is a bit much

thabeast428

This is the worse conditioned team we have had as long as I can remember. And that has a part to do with the coaching. Regardless of what some think I think Jones is trying to do too much and needs to let his position coaches do their job more

WHITEchicken

Nope. Maybe even longer. You look at the touchdown drives jc has had over the past 5 years and I would guess 70% or more would be 5 or less plays.

bleudog

Quote from: DaCajn on September 15, 2018, 08:45:10 am
It turns out there wasn't even rain, hate the game had to be called. Wishing yall a good year. Hope to see you all next year.

Can someone post a link to the article that is written about your games every week?

Here's the first version.

http://www.eldoradonews.com/news/2018/sep/14/junction-city-falls-road/

They no longer print the paper in El Dorado so the print version won't show up until Sunday and might be a little different.

Hornet4ever

I was able to watch this game online today. The Dragons have a lot of talent, but Haynesville was on a different level. The Golden Tornado was stacked and put on a clinic against J.C.

bleudog

September 16, 2018, 02:23:15 pm #75 Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:28:52 pm by bleudog
EDNT post game article:  CLICK HERE

Here's the part that the paper tied to the wrong article:

"play next Friday as they rekindle an old rivalry with the Strong Bulldogs. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. from Jerry Burson Field in Strong. It will be the 60th meeting all-time between the Union County foes and the first since 2015 when the Dragons came away with a 20-0 win on the road. Junction City has won 45 of their clashes with the Bulldogs. Fans can follow the Dragons live each and every week on the Dragon Sports Network via UStream and 101.5 The Hog."

bleudog

Had a friend ask and I gave it a look.

First shutout loss for the Dragons since falling to Rison 10-0 in the 2004 semi-finals.

There were two shutout losses in 2001:
      A week 9 loss to Harmony Grove 34-0
      A semi-final loss to U$C 21-0

DaCajn

In all fairness, if the game had not been called JC would have put some points on the board in the 4th.

bleudog

Quote from: DaCajn on September 17, 2018, 08:41:15 pm
In all fairness, if the game had not been called JC would have put some points on the board in the 4th.

You're probably right.  But there's not a whole lot of difference between 33-0 and 50-13.

And if they had hung on to the ball they probably would have scored before the game got called.

But if a frog had wings.........................

The good news is JC won't have to play Smackover or Haynesville again this year and there is time to work some stuff out before playoff time.

WHITEchicken

I'm calling it now, JC will be back in the rock. Jones is a good coach. Remember There were people calling for Carpenters job after the losses to Shiloh early in the 2000s late 90s. Then look at what happened.

bleudog

September 18, 2018, 11:59:12 am #80 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:55:44 pm by bleudog
Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 18, 2018, 11:24:16 am
I’m calling it now, JC will be back in the rock. Jones is a good coach. Remember There were people calling for Carpenters job after the losses to Shiloh early in the 2000s late 90s. Then look at what happened.

The Rock is possible. Hooties has them at #2 and LaLaLand has them at #7. I think the Dragons are a legit top 4.  O-line is bigger than average, with the two backs the run game is solid, capable QB.   Fix turnovers and improved defense are needed. Jones lived and died by winning shootouts last year. This year's team has different strong points. And to paraphrase cuz, don't be the team with your hands on your knees in the 4th quarter.

WHITEchicken

It seems like there were more kids going both ways than in the past for the dragons. That is a huge deal in 3a. When the dragons roll up on most of their 2a competition they will be going both ways as well. Plus the deeper you go, the better shape you are going to be in minus injuries

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas