• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley Springs

Started by SoftballMom, November 27, 2014, 09:21:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SoftballMom

Does anyone happen to know Valley Springs Senior Boys current record?

hawgsroll

Fairly sure that Valley boys are 8-2.   Their two losses are to Bay and ICC.   It is possible they could be 9-2 but I don't think so.   FYI, the 3a-3 conference standings and records are on KTLO website.   Not always up to the minute but close.

Googlymoogly

Johnny Taylor says he is 8-2, but I can only find seven wins.
Bay and ICC are the losses. The wins are Shirley, Caddo Hills, Wonderview, Norfork, Kingston, Cotter and Green Forest.
Can someone tell us who the 8th win is?

Bergman1820

Quote from: Googlymoogly on November 27, 2014, 11:39:11 pm
Johnny Taylor says he is 8-2, but I can only find seven wins.
Bay and ICC are the losses. The wins are Shirley, Caddo Hills, Wonderview, Norfork, Kingston, Cotter and Green Forest.
Can someone tell us who the 8th win is?

Hey will you let Johnny know the green and white game doesn't really count as a win/loss. J/k I have looked also and can't seem to find the 8th win.

Baller_34

They will possibly have another loss after today.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: Baller_34 on November 28, 2014, 08:57:14 am
They will possibly have another loss after today.
how about your girls valley springs? Whatsoever their up to date record and what's the prediction on them this year?

SoftballMom

Quote from: hawgsroll on November 27, 2014, 10:13:23 pm
Fairly sure that Valley boys are 8-2.   Their two losses are to Bay and ICC.   It is possible they could be 9-2 but I don't think so.   FYI, the 3a-3 conference standings and records are on KTLO website.   Not always up to the minute but close.

Thanks for the info, notice it wasn't updated there so I figured I would ask here. I'm only counting 8 as well, so that's what I'll go with.

HeadTiger

Valley Is 8-2. Wins against cotter, green forest, alpena, wonderview, caddo hills, Shirley, Kingston, and Norfork

doubled

Cr 55 Icc 45 overtime. Hard to beat icc with their refs.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: HeadTiger on November 28, 2014, 01:22:57 pm
Valley Is 8-2. Wins against cotter, green forest, alpena, wonderview, caddo hills, Shirley, Kingston, and Norfork
Whoa, hold on there. That Alpena game was a JV game

HeadTiger

Well apparently that game is being counted on their record. Just talked to one of the players. Lol

NoPlace2

ICC had three boys foul out - not sure if the refs were in their corner - CR played pretty sloppy - Austin had 19 or 20 but prob only shot 25 0r 30% from field.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Googlymoogly on November 28, 2014, 02:14:51 pm
Quote from: HeadTiger on November 28, 2014, 01:22:57 pm
Whoa, hold on there. That Alpena game was a JV game

So they are 7-2?

HeadTiger

Well, 8-2 or 7-2. Not much difference either way. Big game with Marshall on the 2nd for them

Moonshiner

Quote from: HeadTiger on November 28, 2014, 03:54:13 pm
Well, 8-2 or 7-2. Not much difference either way. Big game with Marshall on the 2nd for them

Looks like they had a barn burner with Gainesville Missouri tonight.  7-3 is still a great record.

HeadTiger

November 28, 2014, 08:58:05 pm #15 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:59:49 pm by HeadTiger
Just got word on the alpena game and why it's being counted. Valley's JV team was gone on a FFA national convention so it was decided to be played as a varsity game. 8-3

Moonshiner

Quote from: HeadTiger on November 28, 2014, 08:58:05 pm
Just got word on the alpena game and why it's being counted. Valley's JV team was gone on a FFA national convention so it was decided to be played as a varsity game. 8-3

Makes sense I guess.  It'll count toward their total number of games though.  Hope they don't go over.  And why would you want to count beating a Class A schools JV team as a win?

HeadTiger

Like I said they didn't play Alpena's JV team. Wouldn't you count a varsity game against a 1a team on a record? I know it's not a good win by any means but its a W. Jeez.. get off their backs  ;D

Moonshiner

Oh.  Sorry.  I misread your post.  Thought you meant Valleys varsity played Alpena JV.  Sorry.
Makes sense now.

bobcats

I thought Shirley was a "benefit" game.  Benefit games are exhibition games which do not count on your record.

HeadTiger

Typical of you Bobcats...It is up to the coach whether to count it or not. As you should know yourself.

hawgball11

BOTH teams were missing key players at the FFA convention not just valley. Alpena was missing key players as well including their best player.

HeadTiger

That is not what I was told earlier today. It's a meaningless game regardless

Googlymoogly

I guess I can relent and count that Alpena game as a win. I mean, people play Timbo and count that on their record.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas