• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 time defending AA champs visit The Lions Den

Started by Head Lion, November 24, 2014, 03:43:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Cedar Ridge comes to Head Lion country Tuesday night. A good game for our group to gauge themselves.

doubled

What kind of record lion's have? Plus who have they played?

Bias

We are going to have to get on the boards and stay out of foul trouble. Go Lions!

Head Lion

3-0 with double digit wins over Riverside, Ridgefield & Harrisburg. Schedule has been pretty light so far. I expect us to play well & probably good size crowd.

WPWells

12th Man believes these are both top 10 3A teams this year, so this could tell us a lot

doubled

What about VV and Brookland I thought yall played them?

BoxNOne

Head Lion

Quote from: doubled on November 25, 2014, 07:47:38 am
What about VV and Brookland I thought yall played them?
I have been so busy with elementary just flat out forgot. Lost by 6 at VV & got beat in benefit game against Brookland. Both are quality 4A programs,

BoxNOne

Lion, VV is now 5A. How are Manila girls this year?

WPWells

Head Lion

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 25, 2014, 10:08:55 am
Lion, VV is now 5A. How are Manila girls this year?
We are struggling a bit, the Shelton girl who signed with Harding bummed her good knee up Monday night at home. Valley View is 5A now. I have been spending way to much time trying to get the Lion gun reloaded in elementary.

Timberwolf08

I won't be there tonight, but I'll be cheering for my TWolves in spirit. Update the score if possible please.:)

BoxNOne

Head Lion, be sure and instill loyalty in those young Lions so they don't head west up hwy 18.LOL

doubled

BoxNOne

Sounds to me like CR is very good again. I've seen Manila and they are a pretty decent team.

Head Lion

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 25, 2014, 03:22:44 pm
Head Lion, be sure and instill loyalty in those young Lions so they don't head west up hwy 18.LOL
I dont know if their is such a thing as loyalty anymore. But we have everything we need in elementary to be successful in high school and great coaches to lead them.  Hats off to CR, they are a good squad.

Timberwolf08

Thanks, Box and Head Lion...they're pretty salty and still young. Excited about these next couple of years.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on November 25, 2014, 10:15:40 pm
Quote from: BoxNOne on November 25, 2014, 03:22:44 pm
I dont know if their is such a thing as loyalty anymore. But we have everything we need in elementary to be successful in high school and great coaches to lead them.  Hats off to CR, they are a good squad.

Agree completely about the loyalty. There are still some folks with loyalty but nothing like it used to be. I think it's more about parents who think their kids are better than they really are.

pioneers

Austin reeves may be one of the best players from 5A and down. He is so lanky and handles the ball great. I believe he finished in the mid 40's and only attempted 1 3 which he made. He didn't settle for the jumper and got to the hole and finished. Cedar ridge is a complete team, not having much height but they team rebound well.

Radiotalker

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 25, 2014, 07:24:28 am
12th Man believes these are both top 10 3A teams this year, so this could tell us a lot

No disrespected intended, but Manila as a Top 10 is bit of a stretch. They will be good and scrappy as always.

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 29, 2014, 08:07:26 am
Hate to agree, but RT is probably right.
No disrespected intended, but Manila as a Top 10 is bit of a stretch. They will be good and scrappy as always.

WPWells

12th Man always kinda assumes. Manila is probably a state tournament team though, but a top 10 team wouldn't be beaten like that

doubled

Manila will be a dangerous team come tournament time.

BoxNOne

Manila will also have very good jr high guard to move up for district.

pioneers

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 29, 2014, 11:13:12 pm

Box he broke his ankle 2 weeks ago and is still up in the air on the return.

pioneers

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 29, 2014, 08:07:26 am

Manila isn't a top 10 team and I would consider it a good year to make it to the state tournament this year. I will say this Manila is scrappy and will always play hard every game.

BoxNOne

Quote from: pioneers on November 30, 2014, 02:58:22 pm
Quote from: BoxNOne on November 29, 2014, 11:13:12 pm

Box he broke his ankle 2 weeks ago and is still up in the air on the return.

Sorry to hear that. He is a talented young player.

Basketballfan13

I've read a lot about cedar ridge boys, does anyone know how their girls are doing this year and what they have back?

pioneers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 30, 2014, 08:29:57 pm
I've read a lot about cedar ridge boys, does anyone know how their girls are doing this year and what they have back?

Number 5 and number 11 or 12 shot really well from behind the arc when they played Manila. #5 has a really good basketball IQ but overal as a team I wasn't to impressed with them. Manila was without 2 of their better players one just signed with Harding and was hurt playing gosnell last week.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: pioneers on November 30, 2014, 09:45:32 pm

Number 5 and number 11 or 12 shot really well from behind the arc when they played Manila. #5 has a really good basketball IQ but overal as a team I wasn't to impressed with them. Manila was without 2 of their better players one just signed with Harding and was hurt playing gosnell last week.
Thank you. Who won the game between them and manilla? Shelton is a great player, hope she bounces back from her injury quickly.

pioneers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 30, 2014, 09:56:24 pm
Quote from: pioneers on November 30, 2014, 09:45:32 pm

Thank you. Who won the game between them and manilla? Shelton is a great player, hope she bounces back from her injury quickly.

Cedar ridge won by around 20. Unfortunately the Shelton girl tore her acl in the opposite leg that she tore her acl in 2 years ago. It was kind of a dirty play when she hurt it the gosnell girls was taking cheap shots on her the whole night and deliberately tripping her when she was driving to the basket.

Basketballfan13

That's a tough loss for Manillla. I watched Kaileen play a lot over the past two summers. Shes one of my favorite players to watch from NEA, great athleticism. I didn't know it was that serious of an injury. Any time frame on if she will get to come back to finish the year?

pioneers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 01, 2014, 08:20:30 am
That's a tough loss for Manillla. I watched Kaileen play a lot over the past two summers. Shes one of my favorite players to watch from NEA, great athleticism. I didn't know it was that serious of an injury. Any time frame on if she will get to come back to finish the year?

She is done for the year and the usual time frame for ACL now is 9-10 months so hopefully she will be ready come the start of her freshman year in college. She is a good hard nosed player and an ever better person off the court.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas